• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh... here's most of what I used when I played. No idea what the fuck any of it is now.

iog4pQ2e5pUd8.jpg

I see you use the Jsawyer mod.. good choice, Kirosia.
Where's your avatar?!

I'd recommend the Jsawyer mod to anyone seeking an improved Fallout New Vegas (Hardcore mode) experience. It fixes bugs, improves game balance, and makes things closer to the lead designer's vision, as he's the author of the mod. Josh Sawyer is great at what he does.

I've been unsubbed since November and I'm still a prime member, at no cost mind you. *shrugs*

I've been a Prime member for like 6 odd years without paying a single penny. Their system is obviously not very good. Not that I'm complaining!

...That's a bizarre oversight on IGN's part.

It has to be intentional, because, at least for me, their system is clearly identifying when I unsubbed. It also handily queues up anything I can redeem on my landing page.

Bizarre.

I believe it's $44.99 on DLgamer.us. I know there was a price error on the deluxe edition in NZ for a short bit but I don't think many people grabbed it. You can always try asking around though.
...deadass tho, you should've made that post like 3 minutes earlier >_> lost $5 cause of you, ALL CAUSE YOU WAS TOO BUSY LIVING YOUR LIFE!! no buy srlsy, i wish enchanced steam loaded quicker, i noticed it as well but by the time i already transfered the funds to my steam acc.
You should be fine if you transfer now

just did it now, didn't have to wait or anything.

yuraya

So I'm thinking about finally playing New Vegas. Any mods I should install? or just do a vanilla playthrough?

Install the MTUI mod at the least. Some NPC's have a lot of dialogue options. Seeing 6 options on the screen at the same time instead of only 3 is very convenient. Same with items in inventory.

Jawmuncher

New raid mode gameplay wirh Barry from Revelations 2

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZEnXMXq3C2g

Looking good to me. Seems to be fixing the gripes I had with Raid mode in Rev 1. I'll be back a few days before the second episode so I won't be missing much. Hope the vita version is good with all the content. Will be double dipping on this more than once.

Install the MTUI mod at the least. Some NPC's have a lot of dialogue options. Seeing 6 options on the screen at the same time instead of only 3 time is very convenient. Same with items in inventory.

Oh, right! This is another great mod.

I actually forgot I ever used a UI mod until you mentioned it.

SkyUI for Skyrim is similar; in both cases it feels like they should've been that way from the start.

Turfster

Volvo is going to unveil Steam VR hardware at GDC next week?
How about uh... finishing and releasing your previous hardware release, Volvo? =p

zkylon

zkylewd

zkylon
oh, i'm dumb lol
(Today, 10:33 PM)

:p
I chuckled. Just glancing over the image, they do look like CDs or DVDs.

There is my laugh of the day.

It's cool brah I thought they were lifesavers at first

Kids these days have no culture.

fuck y'all

So I'm thinking about finally playing New Vegas. Any mods I should install? or just do a vanilla playthrough?
imma make u a list right now

Jawmuncher

My scale for giving a shit about new valve hardware or hell anything really is about as low as it can go.

Between unkept promises, valve time, and not finishing shit in general there's no reason to care.

Not even Half Life 3 would change that.

yuraya

Oh, right! This is another great mod.

I actually forgot I ever used a UI mod until you mentioned it.

SkyUI for Skyrim is similar; in both cases it feels like they should've been that way from the start.

yea that stuff kills the immersion. Having to scroll through so many options was worst thing about the vanilla and console versions. Especially if you have bad short term memory.

wilflare

you missed that ship like 2 years ago on black friday, they had 1 year going for 30. i bought 3 of em. they didn't have anything last year tho. maybe this black friday they do it again but i highly doubt it now that more people buy ps+ since they paywalled online play(fuck you sony for doing that btw)

Son, I did the exact same thing. That deal was dope. Got 3 years worth of PS+. probably should have gotten more in hindsight.

crazy deal indeed - just hoping Sony relaunches the Buy 12 + 3 months free deal so I'll redeem those cards

Jawmuncher

So did none of our reviewer SteamGaffers get a Revelations 2 review code? It includes the whole game now. I ask because I want to know the secret characters for raid mode and depending on embargo that info should be put out tomorrow. But I know review sites are gonna skip over it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My scale for giving a shit about new valve hardware or hell anything really is about as low as it can go.

Between unkept promises, valve time, and not finishing shit in general there's no reason to care.

Not even Half Life 3 would change that.

For a lot of people, Half Life 3 just isn't a very exciting prospect any more. The market (and Steam's user base in general) just isn't what it was when HL2 was released.

For example, I'm having a hard time convincing myself to buy and play Hero of the Kingdom 2. The game looks great and I loved the original, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger on it even though it's 25% off and only $6. I'm almost certain that by the time I get around to playing it, it will have been bundled at least once. While Half Life 3 probably won't end up in a Humble Bundle any time soon, people have been conditioned over the years that you can own Half Life games for very little. When Half Life 2 can often be had for $2.50, I think people may give pause if Half Life 3 releases with a $60 price tag.

Of course, a lot of people will buy it at that (or any) price if they're hardcore fans. But the Half Life series and Valve Complete Pack go on sale during every big holiday - so even if it came out tomorrow, a lot of people would be waiting for the Summer Sale to pick it up.

Maybe that's just me, and maybe I'm just crazy. *goes back to playing the Steam version of a mobile game*

I just wonder why they do it.

I mean their VR-Hardware solution was only for Research-purposes, wasnt it? Didnt they always say it?
I dont really think it will ever see the light of day.

Yeah I remember an interview(?) where someone from Valve told the VR hardware they were working was just for research purposes and to show how far VR can go.

RM8

Guys, I see Agarest: Generations of War is on sale... and I'm not sure if I should bite. I love SRPGs, but I strongly dislike fanservice... and apparently the game is incredibly long, which I also don't like :( Would I get any enjoyment strictly from the gameplay? It's pretty cheap right now, so I can adjust my expectations, I guess.

So did none of our reviewer SteamGaffers get a Revelations 2 review code? It includes the whole game now. I ask because I want to know the secret characters for raid mode and depending on embargo that info should be put out tomorrow. But I know review sites are gonna skip over it.
Its a secret jaw, play the game and find out ;)

Jawmuncher

Guys, I see Agarest: Generations of War is on sale... and I'm not sure if I should bite. I love SRPGs, but I strongly dislike fanservice... and apparently the game is incredibly long, which I also don't like :( Would I get any enjoyment strictly from the gameplay? It's pretty cheap right now, so I can adjust my expectations, I guess.

Really depends. Fan service is only a bit high in a few parts. However it is very long, especially because grinding for better materials. Also if you don't follow a guide you'll probably not get the true ending. Combat is fun though and it's still worth that price I think.

Very long and grinding are the biggest things that might ruin things for you.

RM8

Really depends. Fan service is only a bit high in a few parts. However it is very long, especially because grinding for better materials. Also if you don't follow a guide you'll probably not get the true ending. Combat is fun though and it's still worth that price I think.

I think I'm going to skip it, mostly because apparently every single battle takes place in the same map :0 As in, no obstacles or anything. It just doesn't seem like the kind of SRPGs I enjoy. Thanks for the info, though :]

Jawmuncher

Its a secret jaw, play the game and find out ;)
Nah I don't roll that way.
For a lot of people, Half Life 3 just isn't a very exciting prospect any more. The market (and Steam's user base in general) just isn't what it was when HL2 was released.

For example, I'm having a hard time convincing myself to buy and play Hero of the Kingdom 2. The game looks great and I loved the original, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger on it even though it's 25% off and only $6. I'm almost certain that by the time I get around to playing it, it will have been bundled at least once. While Half Life 3 probably won't end up in a Humble Bundle any time soon, people have been conditioned over the years that you can own Half Life games for very little. When Half Life 2 can often be had for $2.50, I think people may give pause if Half Life 3 releases with a $60 price tag.

Of course, a lot of people will buy it at that (or any) price if they're hardcore fans. But the Half Life series and Valve Complete Pack go on sale during every big holiday - so even if it came out tomorrow, a lot of people would be waiting for the Summer Sale to pick it up.

Maybe that's just me, and maybe I'm just crazy. *goes back to playing the Steam version of a mobile game*

For me it's just that I honestly don't trust Valve at this point. that and like you said the climate and how they handle things has changed so much who knows what they'll do and how the steam user base would even take it.

I still think the combat in Agarest 1 and Zero is really bad compared to other SRPGs.
The map is actually always the same (this square-grid) with different textures/skin, there are no height differences and if you do not use the DLC-weapons the game is hard even on normal, especially after each generation.

I enjoyed it, but I can see why so many people were put off the series because of the combat-system.

For me it's just that I honestly don't trust Valve at this point. that and like you said the climate and how they handle things has changed so much who knows what they'll do and how the steam user base would even take it.

I would even argue that their current-user base consists of a lot of "casuals", if I may call them like that while it was more of a hardcore PC-gamer crowd back in the days (till maybe 2010?).

_hekk05

Banned
Dammit I just realised the 15 back for spending 100 deal is still on. I could have bought all the ateliers and still ggtten those 15 bucks and I didn't have to preorder muh bloodborne and I wouldn't be a sell out.

YianGaruga I HATE YOU

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

I know SlasherJC got a review copy, and I know CJ (from Rely On Horror) has a review copy and posts on NeoGAF sometimes, I also know the review embargo for episode 1 is 12 AM PST tonight, so in four and a half hours.

However, the PS4 version will be playable in 30 minutes, so we'll also be getting user impressions.

I installed project nevada and the skies mod. I think the skies mod is interfering somehow. It crashes whenever I try to run the game. When I take it out. its okay.

Just to make sure, you've got to have the appropriate .ESP selected. From the install instructions for Nevada Skies:
- NevadaSkies - Basic Edition.esp -> This file has to be activated if you do not own DLC Content Packs
- NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp -> This file has to be activated, if you have all FNV DLCs.
- NevadaSkies - TTW Edition.esp -> This file has to be activated, if you have Tale of Two Wastelands installed.

All this talk about New Vegas is making me want to go back and give it another shot. Maybe once I'm done with Far Cry 4 (and possibly other things in my backlog)...

Apparently There Came and Echo is really good. Now I can't wait to play it.

ZBlnwXT.png

It's Feep. He's not gonna do us wrong. I enjoyed Sequence (maybe not as far as loved it, but enjoyed it enough to get all the achivements) and I'm confident this won't disappoint. Mind you, I am a ditherer. If I tell someone to "move to uhhhhhhh....Foxtrot" it'll be interesting to see if they still understand me.

oh so block legend DX is coming to steam? played that game in my phone a couple of months ago , fun game , i think i will get it if it costs less than $5

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Delusibeta, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Delusibeta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-4AFA048CAD9D02AB - Taken by The Cowboy. 20 entrants total.
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-5474F17CFA9C0E4F - Taken by TheLight. 7 entrants total.
Pixeljunk Eden -- MB-6326EE09B48FABD6 - Taken by HBP. 5 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero -- MB-BD8415AE808739B1 - Taken by Abomination. 25 entrants total.

t1424795943z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom