• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

Almost picked up an Elder Scrolls collection from Walmart today for 30$, but realized I'd probably never play any of them and could get cheaper during sales.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I finally started and finished Lara Croft and the Tomb of Osiris and I was surprisingly pleased with it. I think I enjoyed it almost as much as the original. I liked the length (short), I liked the very tactile feel to the combat, I liked the puzzles. The level design was pretty solid other than the occasional stupid insta-death traps. The hub was a pretty neat idea and they didn't make it too large to the point where it could have been confusing or tiresome.

The DLC on the other hand was a bit rough. Both tombs could have used a bit more playtesting. There were far too many puzzles that relied on insta-death traps and some of them just weren't fun. The areas did look quite nice though and they did feel unique from the main game.

Nordicus

I'm happy that the first DBZ game to get on Steam is one that's widely considered to be on par if not better than Tenkaichi 3 or Budokai 3. Budokai. Fucking. Three. Aah, my childhood

xBladeM6x

I'm happy that the first DBZ game to get on Steam is one that's widely considered to be on par if not better than Tenkaichi 3 or Budokai 3. Budokai. Fucking. Three. Aah, my childhood

You and me are the only people in this thread feeling that level of hype for it. Good to know I'm not alone in this.
OpieOP.png

agniswarm

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (agniswarm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Into The War! -- MB-CF22C803807924EC - Taken by Milamber. 3 entrants total.

t1424756165z1.png

Why isn't Resie Rev out on steam in 30 at midnight like the PS4 version? In fact all three big releases for the week(Resie, Homeworld, and Oddworld) are listed as coming out Wednesday.

Locust

Haha, what?! A licensed gameshow without any voice acting or videos from said show?
It actually has full voicing from the host too. He calls you out if you alt tab to get answers. Of course it's just a sound bite that plays every time the game window loses focus but it was kinda funny for the first time. :p

Why isn't Resie Rev out on steam in 30 at midnight like the PS4 version? In fact all three big releases for the week(Resie, Homeworld, and Oddworld) are listed as coming out Wednesday.

as far as RE goes it's a deal Sony made with Capcom...NA users for the 24th and everyone else on the 25th...I believe that's how all the episodes will be handled with NA PS users getting it a day earlier

Shadownet

Banned
Where is everyone getting Into the War from?

Got it from whosgamingnow.net promotion

Oh im guessing that promotion is over now.

Is there a possibility to manage my PSN on PC?

I made a US account and want to buy SAO now, but somehow I can not connect to the US PSN store with my Vita.

You could buy stuff using your PC on PSN. But you might have to use a VPN since I'm not sure it will let you connect to a US store that easy.

Is there a possibility to manage my PSN on PC?

I made a US account and want to buy SAO now, but somehow I can not connect to the US PSN store with my Vita.

Messiah

You need to swap memorycards on Vita for different regions though, no?

Assuming the US PSN account is not your main account that is.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/games

just login to your US account and you will be redirected to the US PSN

EDIT: you have access to the Download List where you can queue games to remote download to your Vita (put your Vita to sleep)

Hm...

But the prices arent updatet on the web-store it seems. And if I buy something there, how to download them?

You need to swap memorycards on Vita for different regions though, no?

I bought one for the US PSN now. Just seems I can not connect to the store. It shows I have to log in to my PSN. No problem. Then the Vita wants to connect to the Store, it shows "Please wait", but then somehow I get a timeout.

spares
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Crunch Time! -- MB-A4E9214F4C8F5C87
Yury -- MB-0F4A2CDD2E594B16 - Taken by sensoft04

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Release state changes are one of the few things Valve itself still has to do manually, so things like midnight releases and region-specific unlock times are reserved for select titles (I think Capcom's Steam Community rep said circa Dead Rising 3's release that Valve was working on allowing publishers to change states themselves, but I'd say that hasn't happened yet).

Deques

Where is everyone getting Into the War from?

Oh im guessing that promotion is over now.

You could buy stuff using your PC on PSN. But you might have to use a VPN since I'm not sure it will let you connect to a US store that easy.

I have an extra code if you want it

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Release state changes are one of the few things Valve itself still has to do manually, so things like midnight releases and region-specific unlock times are reserved for select titles (I think Capcom's Steam Community rep said circa Dead Rising 3's release that Valve was working on allowing publishers to change states themselves, but I'd say that hasn't happened yet).

Volvo Time™

Thiaf's watchmen are even less motivated than Batman Arkhman's goons. It's embarrassing; they'll give up if Garret so much as rounds a dark corner, and forget about chasing someone they see go up a ladder, or in a vent, or what have you.

"Oh, he's gone," they'll proclaim as Garret sneaks up behind them. "I'd better keep a look out for that fellow," they muse as Garret knocks them unconcious from behind.
It actually has full voicing from the host too. He calls you out if you alt tab to get answers. Of course it's just a sound bite that plays every time the game window loses focus but it was kinda funny for the first time. :p

That's actually a lot more care than I'd suspect. Shocking.

zkylon

zkylewd
You totally are.

Edit: Also, this is the first time a Valve announcement hasn't at all excited me...

Not sure if it's my faltering hope in them or the fact that we held my grandmothers funeral today, or a bit of both.
Probably just the faltering hope... ,_,

damn sorry to hear that :/

I installed project nevada and the skies mod. I think the skies mod is interfering somehow. It crashes whenever I try to run the game. When I take it out. its okay.

Anyway thanks for the list. I'll be sure to install all of them. :D
they must have compatibility somethings

look in the mod pages, there's usually stuff like that

also make sure the esp order is correct

Backlogger

My new graphics card is arriving tomorrow and not a moment too soon. I fired up Evolve the other day and it ran like garbage on my current setup. Going from a 560ti to a R9 290. Pretty stoked, my first big upgrade since I build my current rig. I have a couple games that ran okay on my old card but decided to save until I got a new card.

So any clues as to what will be added to the Humble Bundle tomorrow?

ExoSoul

Banned
Wow. I.... want... to buy a music kit. WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME
There's a lot worse than music, music heals the soul man.

Edit for the link: ok nah, that's a rip off.

Edit número two: think I'll go before I say something I regret and bum everyone out in the process, have a nice night GAF.

user237

Almost picked up an Elder Scrolls collection from Walmart today for 30$, but realized I'd probably never play any of them and could get cheaper during sales.

You can get the first two (very old) Elder Scrolls games for free

http://www.elderscrolls.com/arena/ (download)
http://www.elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/ (download)

And Elder Scrolls Online is going Buy-to-Play on March 17. You can buy the game for around $30 on sale and then you can play without paying any subscription. (Technically you can start playing today, because the game comes with 30 days, which will take you past March 17).

Oreoleo

Daaaamn those are sick. Wish they'd do something like this for the first games OST, I'd be all over it.
They just said they wouldn't release a VR headset, not that they stopped developing the technology. I guess it reached a point where it finally made sense.

I wonder if Oculus being bought by Facebook made Valve reconsider their position?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
What if I bribe you with stationary supplies?

I can PM you my paypal if you want to feed my need. I'll be sure to scribble your contribution into the back of my Hobonichi~

So yeah, don't expect Source 2 and new game next month.

As expected :p

I did some thinking about this earlier. I know Valve said that they don't want to show off Source 2 until they have a game to ship it with (or some variation of that), but I thought back to the leaked shots of the remade Swamp Fever finale from Left 4 Dead 2. A great way to show off Source 2 would be to spend some time taking segments from their old games and beefing them up as appropriate to show off various aspects of the improvements Source 2 offers. Much in the way we see the plantation building showing off destructible environments and other details in that leak, they could also show off some areas from Half Life 2/Ep 1/2 as well. It'd still be work, but it would honestly let people get excited about the engine without needing to keep waiting for a team to complete a game.

Of course, it could easily turn out to be like the current Unreal Engine 4 situation - they show off a lot of demos but adoption is a bit slow for various (legitimate, mind) reasons. Which would be a situation that Valve would probably like to avoid so there's not a chance in hell they'd do my suggestion. But hey, I can dream at least.

They need to demonstrate new OpenGL API and VR on something :p

For glNext there will be Frostbite, Epic and Unity to show off things. Valve isn't going to upstage and steal the spotlight from Khronos. Because a Source 2 demo would be that, as its still not properly revealed, or hell, announced even.

For VR there's always existing games or the Valve VR room short demos :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Of course, it could easily turn out to be like the current Unreal Engine 4 situation - they show off a lot of demos but adoption is a bit slow for various (legitimate, mind) reasons. Which would be a situation that Valve would probably like to avoid so there's not a chance in hell they'd do my suggestion. But hey, I can dream at least.

Such as is the case with Source already, I don't think third-party adoption is something Valve is overly concerned about. There'll probably be licensing options for those that are interested, but I'd say the goal is to make the lives of Valve employees and modders easier rather than sway potential licencees.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Such as is the case with Source already, I don't think third-party adoption is something Valve is overly concerned about. There'll probably be licensing options for those that are interested, but I'd say the goal is to make the lives of Valve employees and modders easier rather than sway potential licencees.

Oh, absolutely! I meant more in terms of their own adoption. Right now there's a lot of buzzing about in the Valve offices and Source 2 is undoubtedly one of them. But if they did show off Source 2 in the way I said, and then whatever the flagship title they're currently building up to be the big showpiece for the engine as a commercial product ends up hitting further delays, it would strike against Valve's "philosophy" they've stated in the past regarding S2 and not wanting to show it off until something is ready to ship with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom