• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Atlus would've given us an japanese voice option, I liked that with the Atelier games :(
Yeah I like the option in a lot of games. Danganronpa is the only recent game I can remember where I chose the english VA over the Japanese.
I'd choose Japanese in P4G because of (new) Chie alone. Jesus Christ she is bad
It's not anime, it's a Playstation game.
A JRPG. Same thing basically.

Yeah I like the option in a lot of games. Danganronpa is the only recent game I can remember where I chose the english VA over the Japanese.

I actually just started P4 for the first time a few days ago and couldn't agree more. Other than that though its been really enjoyable.

Chariot

No, that would be anime style that is common with jrpgs. We can't talk about anime, but since the opponents of anime are not saying a word against any talk about games that are not on steam I insist of calling these anime style games or games with anime like design.

Seeing nph host the oscars reminded me of dr horrible, and so I watched it again just now.
It's so ridiculously good, still.
Did you watch the Music Meister episode in Batman: The Brave and the Bold?

wilflare

Wow. Console games are expensive o_o

I feel really good on PC.

My nightmares are Valve forbidding Bundles and Key sellers.
Only their store.

*wipes sweat of his forehead

it's not that bad. it's getting much better :) and this is not even the best sale.
we do have like 0.99 sales for old PSOne games. lol

Dude its like 8:30 am here.

Muh paypal which I can use to buy credit obviously. Hopefully ebay 40 for 50 psn is still on. If not to B/S/T I go

lol. we live in the same Timezone! I PMed you like 7++am PFFFT!
I think it's still on. - I wanna get more too.

---

anyone mind trading me PayPal 1:1 for Amazon GC (which I'll send you?)
long shot but worth a try

Sarcasm

So my mother in the states wants to know if she can buy a game and gift it to me. I know you need an account..but does that new account need to have a game inorder to buy stuff as a gift?

Chariot

I don't know I just buy all Vita games.
It doesn't look very good..
Very good. Vita-chan needs all the love she can get, thanks to that mean bully 3DS.

Wow. Console games are expensive o_o
That's one readon console warriors get so defensive.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm super hyped for Dragonball Xenoverse this Friday.
Looks ok, but I am hype for Dynadty Warriors 8 Empires and House of Cards.

I've heard pretty good things actually.
Really? SAO is one of the things that I want to become human so I can punch it in the mouth.

derExperte

Maybe it'll help predict football matches. :p

RIP Paul

5OyY6.jpg

I think I've died more on Bed of Chaos than the rest of the bosses combined. The goddamn floor keeps opening up underneath me.

What an awful puzzle/boss design.

_hekk05

Banned
We get no love from Sony.
Last few sales in the US, there wasn't even a piddlyshit "sale" for us.

SCEA isn't even pushing vita sales. They sure are pushing vita game sales though

I mean holy shit the attach rate must be through the roof if I can get to 15 games in 2 months

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Tiestru -- MB-B551911C580C5A3A - Taken by texhnolyze
Experience 112 -- MB-0B1CE9CF18A4F2C9 - Taken by nightstorm

I think I've died more on Bed of Chaos than the rest of the bosses combined. The goddamn floor keeps opening up underneath me.

It's always the same places that crash, yo!

Just slowly walk, the floor always crashed before you enter it that way.

Also, after cutting the root on each side you can quit the game to menu and load again so that you'll end right in front of boss gate. Saves you all the way to the boss after dying.

zkylon

zkylewd
"Hate" is a strong word for it (and should only be followed up by the word "Plus"), but I did find myself at odds with my own enjoyment of Lifeless Planet. The sense of scale was impressive at times, and atmosphere is well-established in pretty smart ways considering the manpower on hand to make the game. Unfortunately, the writing and scenarios put too many marks on the board against it. Something felt distinctly cheesy about it, like a bad McCarthyism-era anti-communist pamphlet. "Don't get your ass to Mars, the red planet is a Communist Planet!" The platforming segments sometimes felt grating and the rest of the puzzles were pretty clumsily implemented.

I do give it credit for a strong opening, but as a whole I found the game to be fairly weak. I praised Kairo for its minimalist approach to scale, and even as a one-man-army project like Lifeless Planet, I felt it hit the marks a bit better by better integrating the few gameplay elements it did have. Lifeless Planet got in the way too much with poor attempts at scares, janky puzzles, unfortunate design decisions like arbitrarily disabling the jetpack because reasons, and wrapping up on what I found to be a really misguided and slightly preachy note.

I can see why some would like it, and I wouldn't think less of anyone who did, I just feel like I somehow played a different game than those who praise it.
i think all your complaints are valid, but to me the atmosphere and most of all the sense of scale completely outweights them

how it conveys scale is super clever, how little screen space is devoted to the player character compared to the mostly monochromatic and empty backgrounds and how the macro depth of field effect gives the game a sort of diorama feel that makes the player look and feel tiny

i dunno about kairo, that game never interested me

So my mother in the states wants to know if she can buy a game and gift it to me. I know you need an account..but does that new account need to have a game inorder to buy stuff as a gift?

Depending on where you are, there may be some of the new region restrictions. (Worst case, your mother could always buy a Steam Gift Card and give you the code for that)

Hopefully someone with more expertise in cross-region stuff can help you out, as I'm far from an expert.

Miguel81

It's always the same places that crash, yo!

Just slowly walk, the floor always crashed before you enter it that way.

Also, after cutting the root on each side you can quit the game to menu and load again so that you'll end right in front of boss gate. Saves you all the way to the boss after dying.

There's also a hidden bonfire somewhere around those parts that made the trek easier. Not much of a boss really, just a puzzle and some janky platforming.

^^ You mean the bonfire in the lavapit with the half dragons? Yeah, I went there much later sadly :/
Doesn't even count as a boss if you ask me.
There were many lazy and boring bosses if you ask me.

Firesage Demon? Asylum Demon rehash.
Centipide Demon? So cheap by having so little room to fight.
Bed of Chaos? Gimmick boss. But a lazy at that. Could have been made much more interesting easily.
Capra & Taurus Demon? They just took later regular enemies and threw them at noob-class players. But they are still alright compared to the others.

Doesn't change that I really like DS.

Parsnip

New Chie is better than old Chie.

Did you watch the Music Meister episode in Batman: The Brave and the Bold?
I didn't.

Someone needs to start a poll on whether Bloodborne will have a terrible gimmick boss. I'd vote for yes. Also probably palette swap bosses.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Your mom can set up her own Steam account, and send the gift to you via e-mail and that should work just fine. She won't be able to send the game "directly through Steam" because that requires you two to be Steam friends, which is one of the community features that you can't access until you own a game on Steam.

Depending on where you are, there may be some of the new region restrictions. (Worst case, your mother could always buy a Steam Gift Card and give you the code for that)

Hopefully someone with more expertise in cross-region stuff can help you out, as I'm far from an expert.

Gifting a game shouldn't be restricted (unless it's specifically disabled by the developers) only trading was gimped by the new restrictions.

Does your mom live in Eastern Europe, South America, or South-East Asia? If not, you're most likely fine.

EDIT: just re-read and you said your mom was in the states, so it's all good.

It took me a couple deaths to learn the pattern of where to walk.
Use arrows to shoot her on either side, saves you the trouble of running up and hitting them with a melee weapon

Miguel81

^^ You mean the bonfire in the lavapit with the half dragons? Yeah, I went there much later sadly :/

Yeah, that one. I was hitting everything in sight desperately trying to find a bonfire lol. There was no message there like in other sections so I ended up leaving one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom