• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I've finished Runespell Overture yesterday and I somehow managed to miss two battles according to a game. I'm not sure how is that possible, when I did all sidequests and main story and even got achievement for that and fought all battles along the road... So much for 100%, no way I gonna replay all game again, one achievement or no. I had about enough of poker battles for now (><)
Is it me, or does this game feels somehow incredibly slow?
Also there is a sequel teaser at the end, which was never made I assume?

Ah, the famed 'walk unnervingly slowly between cutscenes/insta-death QTEs' Telltale school of game design.

I'm not sure what's with slow walking and adventure games, but many employ this model of making you take your time and a lot of it for walking.

Knurek

I'm not sure what's with slow walking and adventure games, but many employ this model of making you take your time and a lot of it for walking.

Gameplay time padding, simple as that.
Which is stupid, I'm all for short-ish (5 hours) adventure games, as long as that mean 5 hours of content, not 3 hours of content, 2 hours of watching the character walk.

milena87

I'm all for a sprint button for our not point&click adventure games protagonists.

In a P&C adventure game we should of course have the option to skip the walking part entirely after double clicking on a door or a passage.

I'm glad Revelations 2 is getting good reviews and impressions, I had faith in the game and I'm glad to see I was right. Of course it's not a masterpiece but I was expecting it to be a decent entry in the franchise which it definitely seems to be.

Deques

I've finished Runespell Overture yesterday and I somehow managed to miss two battles according to a game. I'm not sure how is that possible, when I did all sidequests and main story and even got achievement for that and fought all battles along the road... So much for 100%, no way I gonna replay all game again, one achievement or no. I had about enough of poker battles for now (><)
Is it me, or does this game feels somehow incredibly slow?
Also there is a sequel teaser at the end, which was never made I assume?

Was the game fun? I started to play some time during 2012 but for some reason I never continued playing it after a few card battles. Give me a reason to play the game :)

Arthea

Which is stupid, I'm all for short-ish (5 hours) adventure games, as long as that mean 5 hours of content, not 3 hours of content, 2 hours of watching the character walk.
It goes like this: "I'm in danger! let's walk deliberately slow and careful, we don't wanna trip and hurt ourselves after all".
even the Longest Journey is guilty of it, one of reasons why it's so hard to replay it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This is one of the factors that made me dislike Binary Domain. I just want to shoot some robots, why do I have to walk slowly while listening to the annoying characters instead?

I'm glad Revelations 2 is getting good reviews and impressions, I had faith in the game and I'm glad to see I was right. Of course it's not a masterpiece but I was expecting it to be a decent entry in the franchise which it definitely seems to be.

Reviews seem to be in-line or slightly worse than Revelations 1.

Which is an issue to me, because I thought Revelations 1 was extremely mediocre.

Arthea

Was the game fun? I started to play some time during 2012 but for some reason I never continued playing it after a few card battles. Give me a reason to play the game :)

it's OK, not really that fun after first 20 battles or so, it's very repetitive and feels extremely slow. I was in the same boat as you, I started the game long ago, but somehow never got around finishing it, but as I am on finishing games spree, I did it now. It's actually longer than I expected yet again and there is some grinding required at some points of the game, as replenishing spells is costly, only near the end it's no longer a problem.

I'm all for a sprint button for our not point&click adventure games protagonists.

In a P&C adventure game we should of course have the option to skip the walking part entirely after double clicking on a door or a passage.

my thoughts exactly! there is no reason to walk slowly through locations where nothing is going on or gonna happen.

Deques

it's OK, not really that fun after first 20 battles or so, it's very repetitive and feels extremely slow. I was in the same boat as you, I started the game long ago, but somehow never got around finishing it, but as I am on finishing games spree, I did it now. It's actually longer than I expected yet again and there is some grinding required at some points of the game, as replenishing spells is costly, only near the end it's no longer a problem.

my thoughts exactly! there is no reason to walk slowly through locations where nothing is going on or gonna happen.

If you are in the mood to finish your games, then you should take a look on this page. Here you'll see what games you have started and have low percentage. This way you can increase your completion rate much faster :D

Arthea

plan on stargazing anyone?

this looks like it could be interesting to play with

apparently, Cube the game is in the making, but devs have literally nothing to show yet, dunno why they entered greenlight at so early stage.

If you are in the mood to finish your games, then you should take a look on this page. Here you'll see what games you have started and have low percentage. This way you can increase your completion rate much faster :D

thanks for the link, I'll study it later.

Haunted

New raid mode gameplay wirh Barry from Revelations 2

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZEnXMXq3C2g

Looking good to me. Seems to be fixing the gripes I had with Raid mode in Rev 1. I'll be back a few days before the second episode so I won't be missing much. Hope the vita version is good with all the content. Will be double dipping on this more than once.
The animations and collisions and hit feedback look really bad, really clunky and mechanical and stiff. Last-last generation type stuff.

Is this a handheld game getting ported to consoles/PC like the first one?

Tizoc

Yo Dusk Golem, have you ever played this game?
Shadow_tower_box.jpg

It got rated by ESRB recently.

_hekk05

Banned
Will paypal give me my 90 dollars before the vita-chan birthday sale is over?

The struggle is real

If you told me last year the vita had such good deals I would have laughed your sorry ass into the lithosphere. Wut is SCEA doing? I thought they weren't planning on supporting the vita

Arthea

Will paypal give me my 90 dollars before the vita-chan birthday sale is over?

The struggle is real

If you told me last year the vita had such good deals I would have laughed your sorry ass into the lithosphere. Wut is SCEA doing? I thought they weren't planning on supporting the vita
they aren't supporting it, they are barely keeping it alive, because vita means life, not death

sorry I had to (><)

*crickets*

Edit: I don't think I ever got around to registering my C&C Collection key on Origin.

I honestly can't remember when I even run the client the last time, it has to be really long ago

Have you ever had a dog that was really sick and you knew it wouldn't live another year so you bought it all the treats you can think of for its last birthday to make it really happy one last time? It's like that.

_hekk05

Banned
Syndicate is blooming marvellous. That's not a recommendation just mentioning someone turned bloom up to 11.

My computer was shit back then so I must have turned bloom off lol

Its probably the nostalgia talking, but I really enjoyed it. not the plot, but the shooting

Reviews seem to be in-line or slightly worse than Revelations 1.

Which is an issue to me, because I thought Revelations 1 was extremely mediocre.

They dropped the shooting galleries and turret sections, the game is in line with Jill's parts which I really enjoyed. Enemy designs are far better and the atmosphere is pretty good. The game is also pretty challenging and ammo is scarce, according to impressions here on gaf. It also seems better story-wise.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Someone was actually offering copies of Syndicate for TF2 metal last year on the steamtrades forum and I took them up on it.

It is a thoroughly disappointing and mediocre game, reeking of AAA-Calladoody alike aspirations. Rosario Dawson and Brian Cox both lent their likenesses and performances for the 'plot', with Micheal Wincott only pitching in his (awesome) voice. Skrillex was called on to remix the original theme song. Several people with very expensive degrees in marketing and a lot connections sure pulled their weight there.

Linear corridor shooter with cutscenes and setpieces out the wazoo, three underwhelming abilities (Backfire, Suicide, and Persuade), slow-motion x-ray vision, some environmental manipulations that give you cover and let you open doors after you kill scripted enemy waves.

Disappointing guns or bullet sponge enemies? Let's say both.

PC version is notable for not receiving a single post release patch. It was clearly released perfect. Could probably have used an adjustable bloom setting though.

Would I recommend playing it? I dunno. I'm a fan of the aesthetic, and I enjoy just about anything FPS--It's just that it's one of those titles where it's actually kind of hard to enjoy due to how incessantly it reminds you how much better it could have been if it had actually been designed to be fun and interesting first, rather than marketable. Or considering its success, "marketable."

Then again it's not exactly expensive or long. *Shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom