• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
i just saw this image from GMG of a game called Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
small-phantom-breaker-battle-grounds_boxart_tall-136x159.jpg

that girl , she look like the girl from anime called Steins;Gate

http://store.steampowered.com/app/329490

She is a character in the game, though she's DLC that hasn't been released yet for the PC version.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
oh , i didn't watch the anime , but i saw it alot on my friend's twitter
is the anime any good ?

I've heard good things, but I haven't watched it myself. I've been holding out for the Steam release of the VN (and hopefully one day the de-make VN as well), but that's looking like it will happen just south of never at this point.

Still waiting on that Steins Gate vita release. Since the Steam release is dead now.

It still hurts ;-;

Wow, it's super lame that you can't get female agents in The Bureau XCOM Declassified.
I won't be able to recreate a good majority of my squad from Enemy Unknown.

So bizarre that during an alien invasion and possibly the destruction of earth they decide that it's a good time to be sexist >_<

Milamber

Wow, it's super lame that you can't get female agents in The Bureau XCOM Declassified.

So bizarre that during an alien invasion and possibly the destruction of earth they decide that it's a good time to be sexist >_<
You do know it was set way in the past.

Jawmuncher

It was a different time indeed.
Oh well guess we need to be our real genders now.

ExoSoul

Banned

Quite insensible of the aliens to attack during the global time of the month. That's how it works right?

You do know it was set way in the past.
Hey if they can allow the aliens to be there in the past, why not have women be out in the field as well?

It was a different time indeed.
Oh well guess we need to be our real genders now.
;-;
But I want you to look like Regina D;

Quite insensible of the aliens to attack during the global time of the month. That's how it works right?
Haha, yes that's how it works.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah, I was highly skeptical of the 125 million number being actual users.I did wonder how many were spam accounts. 8.9 million concurrent users is not bad, though.

True, but remember that scam bots are also "logged in" usually when they're activated (which is often, if not always) so even that number seems a bit stretched to me.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Pakkidis, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-4495CCD19D9D04D3 - Taken by TheLight. 13 entrants total.

t1424816348z1.png

Ozium

Y'all better play There Came an Echo now before it gets shut down, voice recognition is hard and needs a very expensive server to operate such things.

not really, just wanted to clown on the Bot Colony devs...

That joke would probably fly over the head of most of SteamGAF.

I'll stand by you anytime m8

edit3: I assume the line people are saying to Wil Wheaton is
Shut Up, Wesley!

Monooboe

Hmh seems I've lost two games on Steam, no idea what they were.o_O did some games stop counting?

Also, scary now that I have to active RE:RE2, FlyVPN was the shit right? Even with the trial?

Hmh seems I've lost two games on Steam, no idea what they were.o_O did some games stop counting?

Also, scary now that I have to active RE:RE2, FlyVPN was the shit right? Even with the trial?

I lost 2 games too, must have been betas or something.
Yes, FlyVPN works, even the trial.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh come on, they can't come up with a way to prevent this? Or at least a way to protect us against the constant invites?

Why would they want to do either? If you prevent it outright it means you don't get as much marketing weight behind your numbers. If you protect people from the constant invites, you give the scammers less incentive for setting up their bot account, which again results in "slowed growth".

I'm working on a new project that can hopefully help break the cycle though. Or at the very least, keep your invite count at sane levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom