• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

I completed all three Hexcells games on 100% despite the lack of waifus.

The games are that good.

If that game ever takes off in Japan, you just know there is going to be tons of fanart of anthropomorphized hexagon waifus.

But yeah, Hexcells is great. Everyone should buy/play it.

fantomena

I don't believe you, Heisenberg.

J80ZosA.png

derExperte

GTX 970 is a 4GB card. However, the upper 512MB of the additional 1GB is segmented and has reduced bandwidth. This is a good design because we were able to add an additional 1GB for GTX 970 and our software engineers can keep less frequently used data in the 512MB segment.
Jen-Hsun Huang

wow

chugen

hf
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chugen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chains #2 -- MB-6A3E281149A39C05
Tank Universal #2 -- MB-33F66B167C3787C4
Ampu-Tea -- MB-843199637248D1B1 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
Obulis #2 -- MB-C5F8D93C983FD40A
Avencast: Rise of the Mage #2 -- MB-85F08F136E4D19AA
Biology Battle -- MB-B536C34AE54D888B - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Great Permutator -- MB-0ADB620BE6DD69D3 - Taken by sensoft04. 2 entrants total.
Tank Universal -- MB-2853D5FD4A2FDAFE
Avencast: Rise of the Mage -- MB-5F5330FABEE77DB8 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
Manhunter -- MB-62ECD0C7E524293D - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Data Hacker: Corruption -- MB-83E438BBADDE640A - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
Terra Incognita Chapter One -- MB-D166197EEC6EA650 - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-BCD62A47E84DE496
Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-8F43FDE483CC8643 - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
Obulis -- MB-08227D35915AA116
Chains -- MB-83F240FD25E7ADA4

t1424815748z1.png

Bought the Hexcells complete pack. I really can't remember the last time I bought anything on Steam outside of sales (or a week before/after, I recall buying a couple of those Midweeks/Dailies/Whatever).

Sorry Feep, I just can't say no to something that devoured stump's life :(

Kiru

There came an Echo... Anyone else having problems with it ? I found menu bugs for example, one menu would overlay the other one. I quit the game, steam still said I was ingame. The game language changed somehow and I can't reverse it, only english accents to choose now... Tried reinstalling that voice software, still only english... man.

Oh, I'm not the only one: http://steamcommunity.com/app/319740/discussions/0/610573009256284675/

So it's not supposed to work with foreign languages for now ?

There came an Echo... Anyone else having problems with it ? I found menu bugs for example, one menu would overlay the other one. I quit the game, steam still said I was ingame. The game language changed somehow and I can't reverse it, only english accents to choose now... Tried reinstalling that voice software, still only english... man.

Oh, I'm not the only one: http://steamcommunity.com/app/319740/discussions/0/610573009256284675/

So it's not supposed to work with foreign languages for now ?

Foreign languages were delayed, they'll be available in ten days.

Jawmuncher

I want remasters and bring the arcade gore and remaster the OST too with option to use the original version if the remastered OST sucks.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E7B2Ln9xizM
Don't let some of the shit reviews tell you other wise. Splatter house 2010 was the awesome. Bought it for 30 and loved just about every second of it. Completely visceral and honestly a good "reboot" of the older games if you ask me. Shame it flew unde a lot of radars along with Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom.
The game also comes with the original Splatterhouse arcade game, Splatterhouse 2 and Splatterhouse 3 as unlockables. So if we got this on steam we would have evrything in one nice package.

It used Gamebyro though so sadly they might see the work as not necessary. Since we kicked out with Enslaved since it was UE3

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E7B2Ln9xizM
Don't let some of the shit reviews tell you other wise. Splatter house 2010 was the awesome. Bought it for 30 and loved just about every second of it. Completely visceral and honestly a good "reboot" of the older games if you ask me. Shame it flew unde a lot of radars along with Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom.
The game also comes with the original Splatterhouse arcade game, Splatterhouse 2 and Splatterhouse 3 as unlockables. So if we got this on steam we would have evrything in one nice package.

It used Gamebyro though so sadly they might see the work as not necessary. Since we kicked out with Enslaved since it was UE3

Kinda want it but I rarely touch my PS3.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So Chivalry just updated, I love how every patch makes the game even less stable. Now it crashed because I wanted to change some settings :lol. It defaulted to "Medium Low" and windowed 720 ffs.

xBladeM6x

So Chivalry just updated, I love how every patch makes the game even less stable. Now it crashed because I wanted to change some settings :lol. It defaulted to "Medium Low" and windowed 720 ffs.

Sounds like they need to take a page out of Mojang's book, and do an entire update dedicated to bug fixing.

me0wish

I don't know if you guys know about this, but Crapcom decided to remove local-coop from RE:R2 on PC.

From Steam page:
1. Raid Mode online co-op functionality to be added at a later date.
2. The PC version does not support offline co-op play in the Campaign or Raid Mode.

I got about 8/10ths of the way through SplatterHouse 2010 and I barely remember anything about it. I kept getting hit by late-game crashes/freezes and had enough of the game.

The only highlight is that the mask is voiced by Tigger.

Jawmuncher

I don't know if you guys know about this, but Crapcom decided to remove local-coop from RE:R2 on PC.

From Steam page:
2. The PC version does not support offline co-op play in the Campaign or Raid Mode.

WHY

RE6 already had it. It was a moddable file in RE5. 1 step forward 2 steps back capcom.
Wonder if it can be modded here as well.
Such a dumb move considering how standard controller support is.

I got about 8/10ths of the way through SplatterHouse 2010 and I barely remember anything about it. I kept getting hit by late-game crashes/freezes and had enough of the game.

The only highlight is that the mask is voiced by Tigger.

On PS3 or 360? I played on 360 and never ran into any issues. Not like it matters now considering that reboot bombed. Man that and Bionic Commando were like from the same era and no one cared when they came out.

Kiru

There came an Echo... Anyone else having problems with it ? I found menu bugs for example, one menu would overlay the other one.

Ok, found out that applying changes to the settings causes this to happen when returning to the main menu.

Hinomura

I want remasters and bring the arcade gore and remaster the OST too with option to use the original version if the remastered OST sucks.

PS360 Splatterhouse (which isn't that terrible) got all of them as a bonus (iirc you unlock them early game) ^__^

Back in the days I loved the first one (the PCEngine port even more than the arcade because of - PCEngine), and the third one (played it on a japanese Megadrive)... but I found the second pretty bad...

I doubt Namco will try again to revive the IP due to not very good sales of the PS360 game, but at least they could bring it over Steam for free money :)

From Steam page:

That's new, they didn't mention the lack of offline coop on PC before.
Hopefully online will still come when all the episodes are out, as they originally said (though "at a later date" seems quite vague now)

me0wish

WHY

RE6 already had it. It was a moddable file in RE5. 1 step forward 2 steps back capcom.
Wonder if it can be modded here as well.
Such a dumb move considering how standard controller support is.

I was on the fence of pre-ordering, I find it insulting that they still manage to find a way to mock PC players. I wanted to create a thread but I didn't know if its thread worthy news.

That's new, they didn't mention the lack of offline coop on PC before.
Hopefully online will still come when all the episodes are out, as they originally said (though "at a later date" seems quite vague now)

The store page still states this:
Assistive co-op play – Players will need to switch between the two characters (Claire/Moira, Barry/Natalia) to overcome the nightmares in either single player mode with an AI partner or offline co-op.

The online coop is only for raid mode for all systems, on PC it will be impossible to coop the campaign.

zkylon

zkylewd
At the very least, I hear the game was updated with a pretty badass Horde type mode with competent AI.
that's cool, i really really loved titanfall during beta and for $6 i might as well just give it a shot

i feel titanfall is a lot of what i want in a shooter, it's mostly a casual experience with little grinding (tho the constant stream of meaningless bars to level up is appreciated) and is just enjoyable to play in a very basic level.

i just want a thing to pick up and play on windowed mode for an hour or two while i'm waiting for pizza or something

On PS3 or 360? I played on 360 and never ran into any issues. Not like it matters now considering that reboot bombed. Man that and Bionic Commando were like from the same era and no one cared when they came out.

IIRC it kept happening during this section with a crushing wall or spiked floors..or..well it was something that caused instant death. Needless to say it became too frustrating to continue.

Wasn't really enjoying the game enough to soldier through anyway.

Shantom

I was on the fence of pre-ordering, I find it insulting that they still manage to find a way to mock PC players. I wanted to create a thread but I didn't know if its thread worthy news.

I'd say it's worth a thread, and worth warning people in the OT as well.

wilflare

my friend's GMG key for RER2 returns this error on Steam
" Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled."

what does this mean?

Jawmuncher

my friend's GMG key for RER2 returns this error on Steam
" Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled."

what does this mean?

He needs to use flyvpn to register the key as if he's in America and then he'll be good

Jawmuncher

The store page still states this:
Assistive co-op play – Players will need to switch between the two characters (Claire/Moira, Barry/Natalia) to overcome the nightmares in either single player mode with an AI partner or offline co-op.

The online coop is only for raid mode for all systems, on PC it will be impossible to coop the campaign.

If we cause a fuss now we might be able to get them to patch it. Since it was false advertising to all preorders.

me0wish

Thread created guys, I hope its not too bad as its my first thread, hopefully something will be done to change their minds, I was looking forward for this one sadly.

AHA-Lambda

Night Steamgaf, I'm off to go have about 6 hours sleep before getting up for work again in the morning for a job I can't stand hurray! (And to think I was so excited when I got it >_>)

I don't know why I'm venting to you, think it's the booze talking now =/

Oh well I've got Resi Rev 2 to look forward to tomorrow.

Backlogger

Didn't this just come out? Why so cheap already?

It's SE. Quite frankly, surprised it wasn't cheaper earlier.
Squenix hates its western devs and slashes prices immediately after release, then complains about the games not hitting their targets.

Might as well have put it in the Humble Bundle right?

Why would they want to do either? If you prevent it outright it means you don't get as much marketing weight behind your numbers. If you protect people from the constant invites, you give the scammers less incentive for setting up their bot account, which again results in "slowed growth".

I'm working on a new project that can hopefully help break the cycle though. Or at the very least, keep your invite count at sane levels.

I'll be interested to see this. I don't mind ignoring the occasional request, but I am getting 2-3 per day now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom