• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on the fence of pre-ordering, I find it insulting that they still manage to find a way to mock PC players. I wanted to create a thread but I didn't know if its thread worthy news.

The store page still states this:
Assistive co-op play – Players will need to switch between the two characters (Claire/Moira, Barry/Natalia) to overcome the nightmares in either single player mode with an AI partner or offline co-op.

The online coop is only for raid mode for all systems, on PC it will be impossible to coop the campaign.

Yes, I was talking about online raid coop, sorry for the mix.

Lomax

Yesh, the decompressing on There Came an Echo brought my system to a grinding halt. Explains how 2.2 gb turns into almost 8.

Echoplx

Not sure if it's been mentioned but There Came An Echo installs a codec pack for some reason and it fucks with any existing codecs you have (I had to completely reinstall my stuff)

Just a heads up for anyone else that uses their own codecs.

Squenix hates its western devs and slashes prices immediately after release, then complains about the games not hitting their targets.

It's funny (and sad) how none of the FF games drop to 75% off.
But all of the Western games (and The Last Remnant) are subject to constant fire-sales.

jediyoshi

Not sure if it's been mentioned but There Came An Echo installs a codec pack for some reason and it fucks with any existing codecs you have (I had to completely reinstall my stuff)

Just a heads up for anyone else that uses their own codecs.

Didn't touch my CCCP, what specifically got affected?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Night Steamgaf, I'm off to go have about 6 hours sleep before getting up for work again in the morning for a job I can't stand hurray! (And to think I was so excited when I got it >_>)

I don't know why I'm venting to you, think it's the booze talking now =/

Oh well I've got Resi Rev 2 to look forward to tomorrow.

Rest as easy as you can! <3

gdt

Are all versions of widows 8.1 64bit? Amazon doesn't give any of the info from what I can see? I'm at work so I can't dig in more thoroughly. If not, can someone link the 64bit version on Amazon?

wilflare

Did he buy it through the US GMG store rather than the EU? Capcom just locked their keys to certain regions for this game. If it's the EU than yeah it might just be the keys not showing up on the activation side yet.

I bought the key for him - pretty sure the key should be US but idk :/

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
So I've been playing around with Besiege while I wait for a replacement sound card to arrive. Even though it is still in Early Access, I've found the game to be quite amusing. Some people have been making impressive creations with the open sandbox mode, but the current build also has a set of challenges (with build restrictions) that should make the experience less daunting for some.

The key should be unused, but if not, please let me know.

ModBot said:
Instructions for everyone:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Casimir, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Besiege -- MB-16E5EE168EF8B8B4 - Taken by tioslash. 50 entrants total.

t1424830868z1.png

bigzgod

he doesn't live in NA - and yea the key he tries doesn't work.
when I bought it from GMG, prices were reflected in USD - should be a US key right?

That's because GMG gave him the same key as Nuuvem gave, essentially ROW excluding RU/CIS and Europe, with their own subids.

This item is only purchasable in United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Republic of, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam.

Only the countries listed above can activate the game.

Jawmuncher

he doesn't live in NA - and yea the key he tries doesn't work.
when I bought it from GMG, prices were reflected in USD - should be a US key right?

Yes. Since it is a US key and he doesn't love in NA he will need to use FlyVPN to activate it.
Capcom region locked keys by areas for this release. Not all CDkeys are region free.
However there hasn't been a report yet of anyone getting banned or anything from activating keys from outside their region. JaseC has done it more than a few times for his collection.

I use madVR/LAV with MPC-HC and it all got unregistered for me, my MPC settings even got reset and it was no longer detected as a media player on my PC.
oh, thanks for posting this. i use the same combination(although with potplayer). will download the pack i use again, when i install "there came an echo".

iosefe

So I've been playing around with Besiege while I wait for a replacement sound card to arrive. Even though it is still in Early Access, I've found the game to be quite amusing. Some people have been making impressive creations with the open sandbox mode, but the current build also has a set of challenges (with build restrictions) that should make the experience less daunting for some.

The key should be unused, but if not, please let me know.
Bless this game. So much potential

Turfster

Actually, I've never went to any PAX event, I got the PAX code from some gaffer for BL2 golden keys.

someone still had to go to PAX =p

God-damn that mission in TCAE where you have to
split your team in 3
The controls really aren't precise enough in my case to pull that off.

Shadownet

Banned
So... I'm downloading a steam update at 1.7 MB/s right now.. for those who is asking why is this such a big deal?

I've never gone above 650 kb/s before in my life. Did my ISP finally took pity on me?

Also this Neweggs for Life is Strange is pretty great. What are the chances we'll get the same price during Summer Sale? or lower.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know who she is. But she is mad cute... omg... <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom