• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

Yeah, Life is strange bought on Nuveem. Only a couple bucks higher than Newegg and not nearly as annoying to deal with, no region restriction bullshit.
Now I only have one question... where the fuck is the game ? ^_^

Must be Steam acting up, it's a ROW key, the system knows that I have the game, it just won't appear in my game list.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, Life is strange bought on Nuveem. Only a couple bucks higher than Newegg and not nearly as annoying to deal with, no region restriction bullshit.
Now I only have one question... where the fuck is the game ? ^_^

Must be Steam acting up, it's a ROW key, the system knows that I have the game, it just won't appear in my game list.

Close steam and open it again

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Hinomura, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 23 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Betrayer #2 -- MB-0310F7159E394F3F - Taken by SilentMatthew. 2 entrants total.
Overcast Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-4EA491A627918DE2 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
Rhiannon curse of the four branches -- MB-4A4A2B35AD08ED3F - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-EC174A7F2648BBFA
Mind path to Thalamus -- MB-7E93C350C9AE0A95 - Taken by redlacs. 8 entrants total.
Enemy Mind -- MB-D503944E904684F7 - Taken by Chreznor. 2 entrants total.
Dungeons The Eye of Draconus -- MB-5C4E29C41A9CF656 - Taken by agniswarm. 2 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-7AE45263FE12B385 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Towers of Altrac Epic Defense Battles (Desura) -- MB-FC215FF738F057C2 - Taken by Jason Frost
Skyborn -- MB-21F739540C153BE2 - Taken by XDDX. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Chester (Desura) -- MB-72F7964F68C04A8D - Taken by Jason Frost
Ballpoint universe -- MB-9111AFB197828237
Steel steam -- MB-96ED9C9F07301770
Depth Hunter 2 Deep Dive -- MB-A6A15CB2F77EAD29
Murder miners -- MB-70DF364245C012DA - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality #2 -- MB-9BABF2BCD34559AD
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-A484BA0BE544FB01 - Taken by Arthea
Megabyte Punch -- MB-734D5090CF574707 - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-783B25968DCD1071 - Taken by auroragoryalice. 2 entrants total.
Crunch Time! -- MB-90D5D6256299BF5C - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Depth hunter 2 deep dive -- MB-1FF43BB1E24C14F6
Plain Sight -- MB-A30C7CA97C3BAEAC - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Doorways the underworld -- MB-A845FB0A9E20C90C - Taken by chronomac. 1 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-197D18DED260BDDB - Taken by Tesseract. 4 entrants total.
Skyborn #2 -- MB-A202D841EBB9E395 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Overcast Walden and the Werewolf was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Towers of Altrac Epic Defense Battles (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Chester (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hacker Evolution Duality #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Note: The key you added for Hacker Evolution Duality was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Plain Sight was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ballpoint Universe Infinite was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1424835308z1.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
With no split screen.
Still want a official response about that.

The Capcom guy just responded to it, his response is... Interesting.

I don't have any info on the local coop/split screen, but I've alerted our PR and dev folks if there's any info on it. I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I have information.

Just to be clear though, the game will eventually support online coop; it just won't be ready for Episode One. Same goes for the console versions.

Nabs

New Steam beta included this note:

Big Picture
Added support for the new Steam controller. The older generation Steam controller is no longer supported.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Big Picture
Added support for the new Steam controller. The older generation Steam controller is no longer supported.

I wonder if this will affect beta testers. Will they lose a big usability element or are updated controllers on their way?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

What kind of excuse is this for not letting us know which version is it based from and what graphical settings will it have? That's not really a hard question to answer.
That's underage?
Ive seen older looking 12 year olds in my life.

Wow, I really appreciate the answer, thank you.
I'm not new to the genre but yeah I've always played Civ in a casual manner, so yeah I guess you could say seeing my recent results that I'm not really accustomed to the genre and how one should plays it. And as I said, maybe there is a misunderstanding between me and the genre. It only occurred to me yesterday but I already wrote the best analogy I can come up with, maybe I don't want a 4x but a sort of Sim-world. I'm totally down for the first three pillars but the Xterminate part bores me (and I'm not good at it). I have played so many Civ sessions in my younger years on full offensive that I really find no fun in dabbling with it again. The problem is that it's a 4X and not a 3X ^_^
I have no problem with difficulty per se, but yup, I really don't like how the AI handles itself in these games. To much blood lust, no real diplomacy.

Now specifically on the topic of ES, yeah, after trying Dungeon of the Endless today, I get the same feeling. Like Amplitude does a really good work, no doubt. Graphics, lore, basic gameplay, nothing to complain about. But there is this feeling of a game design a little too narrow, the impression that the game expect you to act in a VERY specific way, and punish you quite starkly if you don't. That would be bad design in my book. Buuuutttt I only have a couple plays under my belt, maybe I can't really see the deepness of their systems yet.

And please don't think I have an axe to grind with their game due to my total lack of skill. They can go to hell, they hurt my pride, but I think Endless Space and DotE are very solid games... maybe I should take the difficulty down a notch like you said, see what good that does.

AMPLITUDE's games are good, but not quite there yet. It really seems like they're on the cusp of something great, though. I think they'll get there sooner rather than later.

If you're looking for more diplomacy and plot behind strategy games, you should look into Crusader Kings 2. It'll take much longer to grasp how the game works, but will deliver much more history and plot through its mechanics. Keep in mind that everything is entirely unscripted and sorta janky in some respects, all while being very impressive nontheless. And don't be distressed by the DLC - the base game will be more than enough for most players.

Keep in mind, however, that CK2 plays very differently to 4Xes as its a real-time grand strategy game; so look up some gameplay footage before you blind-buy it. If it is up your alley, it will provide you with many memorable stories to tell.

dont do it. it's just going to be disappointing.
Multi-species create-a-fighter means it cannot be disappointing no matter how hard it tries.

And that SSJ4 Vegeta! Of all the characters they could choose, they had to go with the best one... Decisions, decisions.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Big Picture
I need this in my life.

I don't care if I have to control the thing with my anus.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam PC version, we are sorry for the confusion and lack of communication. We are actively working on the Steam version, and are unable to disclose final details at this time due to it being actively worked on.

What kind of excuse is this for not letting us know which version is it based from and what graphical settings will it have? That's not really a hard question to answer.

The cynic in me says that the question is being dodged because they know people won't like the answer. Can't let the fact the PC version is a last-gen port affect pre-orders!

Uzzy

Steam PC version, we are sorry for the confusion and lack of communication. We are actively working on the Steam version, and are unable to disclose final details at this time due to it being actively worked on.

Of course it's a hard question to answer. They have to figure out how to sell XB360/PS3 level graphics to PC Gamers, who are already missing out that minor feature known as online play.

Parsnip

Not sure if it's been mentioned but There Came An Echo installs a codec pack for some reason and it fucks with any existing codecs you have (I had to completely reinstall my stuff)

Just a heads up for anyone else that uses their own codecs.

Didn't touch my CCCP, what specifically got affected?

I use madVR/LAV with MPC-HC and it all got unregistered for me, my MPC settings even got reset and it was no longer detected as a media player on my PC.

On my system it didn't really mess with the codecs even though it seemed like it at first.
The CCCP that is packed with the game installs a version of MPC-HC and that install hijacks all your video file extensions.
My regular MPC-HC is installed elsewhere so I just went to its folder, ran it and told it to re-register all the extensions again.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The cynic in me says that the question is being dodged because they know people won't like the answer. Can't let the fact the PC version is a last-gen port affect pre-orders!

... and you're probably right too ... I mean they already pretty much indirectly confirmed we're not getting the "next-gen" one ... so ... yeah

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Commander - Conquest Of The Americas -- MB-034DB3573FDF8AB5 - Taken by Lomax
Two Worlds - Game of the Year Edition -- MB-0CDCA485154E0D84 - Taken by Conrad Link
Knights and Merchants HD -- MB-BDA99D47C2262E1E
Knightshift -- MB-CFB8C245DC1DF56B - Taken by Sammichu

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I think the fact that they back pedaled on things they said about the PC version shows at least that the European and American teams simply dont know much. They were saying it wasn't featuring the new hair options and the new stages but not too long after that they told people to excuse them since they really dont have clear what will make it to PC and little after that the new delay was done. Lots of people are bothering on twitter about the PC version and now with the bugs on the Xbox One version and PS4 they might give another delay. Still the game isnt as broken as Elder Scrolls games tho.

_hekk05

Banned
My steam name is different from my gaf name and has an attractive anime as an avatar. If I set my profile to be private I would be blocked so hard

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Often times I feel great that get communities/general threads - Gaming threads have been utter shit lately.

Parsnip

From tech architecture standpoint, it would make most sense that the DOA5 PC version was new-gen version.
But I don't know what to expect from Japanese devs when it comes to PC.
It's a flip of a coin.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
From tech architecture standpoint, it would make most sense that the DOA5 PC version was new-gen version.
But I don't know what to expect from Japanese devs when it comes to PC.
It's a flip of a coin.

you say that ... and yet - we got the "old" version of Dynasty Warriors ...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Absolution -- MB-B5546DDA973B7348 - Taken by TheLight. 1 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-63B0C5468C98F2A8 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Just Cause -- MB-524532598E6BE30C - Taken by rrvv. 2 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-2175F3E732CF4097 - Taken by RyanPierre. 2 entrants total.
Hitman: Contracts -- MB-2962944B5AEBB2E7 - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-9D066DE319E18CA2 - Taken by agniswarm. 2 entrants total.
Race the Sun -- MB-51BAC0AF3A00BF5E - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Kane & Lynch Collection -- MB-C3EA66E1DC2378DB - Taken by xezuru. 1 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-CEBC9DFBB4232EAE - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Dungeon Defenders Plus All DLC -- MB-91250427DE49378B - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.

t1424833689z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom