• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeroblade

20150224072741-combat-dodge.gif

CrossCode IndieGogo Campaign is up. Please give this a thought.

This looks fantastic!

Phawx

Just talked with the coolest supporter Ive ever talked with.

He called me bro and helped me get a refund on Halo MCC.

Did you just purchase MCC recently or a long time ago. I still have mine in shrink wrap from launch XD

Yeah, I love procedurally generated stuff with a ton of interlocking systems. This seems to be doing it really well and it's just like alpha at the moment.

Yea, the amount of THINGS you can do with a mysterious potion is all sorts of crazy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Someone posted a link to the Mystic Quest remake that's being released next month. I did some digging and found out it's just a fan project made in RPGMaker that's not been officially sanctioned by Square Enix. So, no Steam release and potentially no release at all considering it's getting a lot of press as an "official SE project" and pre-orders are being taken.

Someone posted a link to the Mystic Quest remake that's being released next month. I did some digging and found out it's just a fan project made in RPGMaker that's not been officially sanctioned by Square Enix. So, no Steam release and potentially no release at all considering it's getting a lot of press as an "official SE project" and pre-orders are being taken.

and that's all Mystic Quest deserves, really.

edit2: where did you find out it's not sanctioned? The page still says "Square Enix" in the partners things.

edit3: of course it's not legit, but the guy is pushing so hard

Phawx

B-But... it's remastered...

I mean, I haven't even opened it yet so .. eh. The four main Halo campaigns on Legendary will be fun to play just before Halo 5 launches.

Jeez haha. I thought it looked awfully RPGMakerish

Knurek

C&D in 3... 2... 1...

Can you directly source that? Because while it started out as a fan project, the creator is pretty adamant about the fact that it has been officially picked up by SE. I mean he uses SE branding on the game launcher. While I don't believe it, haven't seen anything that confirms one or the other.

EDIT: Just saw this
Hi all, just to answer some questions that we've been having regarding the remake.
1) The game is endorsed by Square Enix Europe, it is in fact being published by thier London studio (We have a certificate to prove this, even though this hasnt propograted through the rest of SE yet.) Square Enix are recieving direct bank transfers and or cheques for 70% of all profits made on the game.

So either there is a big misunderstanding or the guy really wants to get sued

EDITEDIT: Some reddit research

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
and that's all Mystic Quest deserves, really.

Hey now, I actually liked the game quite a bit although it was super easy and definitely disappointing that the US got this instead of 5 which is a masterpiece.

edit2: where did you find out it's not sanctioned? The page still says "Square Enix" in the partners things.

edit3: of course it's not legit, but the guy is pushing so hard

Yeah it's definitely being touted as legit (by them) by listing Square Enix as their client, and by saying there is "Square Enix advertising" in the game which literally means they're "advertising" for Square Enix by showing their logo during the game's intro so that you think it's been officially commissioned by them.

What they're selling the "HD Remaster" of the original RPG Maker version of Mystic Quest that they started working on around 2010 (as best I can tell). While certainly a cool project, the fact that they're charging money for it and claiming that it'll be an official Square Enix release is going to get them shut down...

C&D in 3... 2... 1...

I'm actually surprised that they gave themselves a two week release window, unless their intention from the start was to get pre-order money, get a C&D letter, then run off before releasing anything.

Kiru

Just wanted to post that. Saw this post here on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2x5j7g/found_some_interesting_reading_on_the_mystic/

jshackles

Can you directly source that? Because while it started out as a fan project, the creator is pretty adamant about the fact that it has been officially picked up by SE. I mean he uses SE branding on the game launcher. I haven't seen anything that confirms one or the other.

That announcement on twitter doesn't say that their game is officially licensed though, and they point out that they don't own the rights (Square Enix does). I assume they're using "It's official" in the sense that often gets mistaken in the US for slang. Like "It's official: we're pregnant!". It's only confirming that it will be released (and they even missed that release date) not that it's actually "official" in that they have a proper licensing deal in place.

If it were actually official, it would be Square Enix making that announcement

BigAT

I haven't purchased from GMG in a while, but can you not use GMG credit towards a purchase if you use a coupon? The option became greyed out for me after I put in a coupon code for Hotline Miami.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I haven't purchased from GMG in a while, but can you not use GMG credit towards a purchase if you use a coupon? The option became greyed out for me after I put in a coupon code for Hotline Miami.

Sadly, this is the way it is. Unless a voucher is part of the GMG VIP program, credit can't be used in combination with a voucher.

Hey now, I actually liked the game quite a bit although it was super easy and definitely disappointing that the US got this instead of 5 which is a masterpiece.

Yeah it's definitely being touted as legit (by them) by listing Square Enix as their client, and by saying there is "Square Enix advertising" in the game which literally means they're "advertising" for Square Enix by showing their logo during the game's intro so that you think it's been officially commissioned by them.

What they're selling the "HD Remaster" of the original RPG Maker version of Mystic Quest that they started working on around 2010 (as best I can tell). While certainly a cool project, the fact that they're charging money for it and claiming that it'll be an official Square Enix release is going to get them shut down...

I'm actually surprised that they gave themselves a two week release window, unless their intention from the start was to get pre-order money, get a C&D letter, then run off before releasing anything.
I think it's just that one guy doing everything (including the other "company" of Dark Design Games clients) so "they" might be a bit overselling it ^^

PARANO1A

Can anyone recommend a fun racing game? I want something that's entertaining as a pick up and play experience rather than a sim. I adore WipEout and wouldn't mind a GT or Forza type experience. Maybe a NFS if they're any good? There's so many of them.

Hinomura

Oooookay... none of the coupons I got now for crafting medals are working...
Old coupons are working, but not the new ones...

Anyone else in the same situation?

jshackles

I think it's just that one guy doing everything (including the other "company" of Dark Design Games clients) so "they" might be a bit overselling it ^^

It's crazy that Gamespot picked this up as "actual news" and the other gaming journalists just followed suit. I guess it just falls under the I Want To Believe mantra.

Zeknurn

Can anyone recommend a fun racing game? I want something that's entertaining as a pick up and play experience rather than a sim. I adore WipEout and wouldn't mind a GT or Forza type experience. Maybe a NFS if they're any good? There's so many of them.

Burnout Paradise, the Dirt games, Grid Autosport, NFS Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted.

Those are the fun pick up and play racing games that instantly comes to mind.

Kiru

It's crazy that Gamespot picked this up as "actual news" and the other gaming journalists just followed suit. I guess it just falls under the I Want To Believe mantra.

On that reddit thread:
It's incredible that you can slap some company's logos on a simple website and fool some kids out of some money. I wonder how much the guy will get this time around.

It's worth noting that the "pre-order" option is solely via paypal, to a personal paypal account, registered to a hotmail address. If you dig further with that address, you will find half a dozen other websites with free domain addresses that have been used for "pre-orders" and "sales" of other varieties throughout the past 7 years. Most of them are on the linkedin. I guess he forgot that existed when he decided to reboot an older scam.

As for the game itself, there are supposedly many instances of him lifting music from other games, youtube videos (and especially music covers).

I'm not going to sift through the entire "gameplay" video, but here's one case I've found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaO71T2Fe-M&t=1m58s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NDscNGMyoY&t=0m17s
Oh boy.

jshackles

I have feeling next week is going to be a bloodbath. First there's this VR war, which isn't exactly a war as far as the companies are concerned, but hey fans are a different matter, and now Valve is entering the scene.

And then we'll have Valve have its biggest presence at gaming conference in years (as far as I remember). They'll go all out with hardware. Steam Machines, Steam Controller, "new living room devices" (whatever those mean), SteamVR. They'll host the glNext panel, which is about next gen OpenGL... But then imagine they won't show Source 2 and a new game at all this conference. Not even a mention.

Duuuude

This SteamVR news already made lots of people pissed, a "no show" will make matters worse lol

Oh and there's the Rezzed session later that month and its content is still a secret. People are hoping for Source 2 or L4D3, and it's totally possible it's going to be VR. lol

Miguel81

NFS Hot Pursuit fits the bill. It's fun, and provides a great sense of speed. The difficulty spikes around the halfway point, just to let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom