• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoSoul

Banned
Got a quizz for you GAF (just thought it up, let me know how good you think it is):
If that is where it's at and it isn't where that is, where is it?

L.O.R.D

Ul3UTmY.jpg

just bought it
but not gonna play it until episode 3 start

i had to use the VPN on steam to activate the game just like GTA Full Bundle
is it safe ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Haha, wow, I bought FaceRig in the nick of time: the 33% early bird discount ended just over an hour ago even though the countdown timer had an end date of March 1st.

kevin1025

Banned
Some spares from the new Indiegala bundle!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kevin1025, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Battlepaths -- MB-25E83E9E0A4C0DF4 - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.
Silence of the Sleep -- MB-E368F04D491C1B23 - Taken by Natty1. 5 entrants total.

t1424894351z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The key can be activated in the middle east without VPN. Same for the whole américas and most of Ásia.The key is only locked for Japan and EuEuropeus.

Revelations 2's subs are split between America/South-east Asia, Japan, and everywhere else (with the territories covered by the previous two being listed as restricted), so I'd assume Nuuvem's keys are tied the ASEA subs since they wouldn't work without a VPN for actual Brazilian users otherwise. That the key activated even though Steam "cancelled" the "purchase" was probably just the result of a server hiccup (it went through before Steam realised it had a job to do).

MUnited83

For you.
Revelations 2's subs are split between America/South-east Asia, Japan, and everywhere else (with the territories covered by the previous two being listed as restricted). I would assume Nuuvem's keys are tied the ASEA subs since they wouldn't work without a VPN for actual Brazilian users otherwise. That the key activated even though Steam "cancelled" the "purchase" was probably just the result of a server hiccup (it went through before Steam realised it had a job to do).
https://steamdb.info/sub/60703/

Turfster

IndieRoyale KISS Bundle
Price: 2.06$
  • NPPD Rush
  • Canyon Capers
  • Cobi Treasure Deluxe
  • Glacier 3 The Meltdown
  • Hostile Waters Anataeus Rising
  • Hyper Fighters
  • Nosferatu The Wrath of Malachi
  • Numba Deluxe
  • Racer 8
  • RADical ROACH
  • The Tribloos 2

Just got through the oft-bundled Dark Scavenger. Some impressions:

The story: The game starts off oddly. You're stranded in space after a tussle with a big bad, only to be picked up by a strange little group known as Dark Scavengers. They live by...scavenging. They find stuff (which they call "loot" even though it could be something as simple as a bone or a discarded collar) and turn it into other things. One can craft weapons, one can craft items, and one can use the loot's energies as a conduit for summoning allies - or something to that effect. Your mission is to help the Dark Scavengers to collect a fuel source for their ship so they can continue on, as well as drop you off back home. Along the way you meet various warring races which I must say are pretty well done. The game is quick but you can see that they put some thought into the characters. The story itself is simple but well-told. It has some nice doses of comedy but doesn't go full-out zany. My biggest complaint would be that the ending seems abrupt. "Here, have some more exposition, and I'll leave in a hint of a sequel, now let's go celebrate." Roll credits. So maybe it was rushed in the end, but it doesn't take away from the rest of the story too much.

The gameplay: Unique. It's a choose-your-own-adventure visual novel, it's a turn-based RPG, it's an item management game. You start off with a small pool of weapons and items and your three Dark Scavenger allies. All of these things have a set number of uses per chapter, after which point they're replenished. Objects and people you encounter may require you to use one something to get it. Example: there's something stuck in a tree. You can expend a use of a long weapon to get it down, or expend a use an agile ally to climb up and get it...or try to get it yourself which might expend health as you fall. Then you get some loot, and you can turn it into yet another weapon, item or ally. One of the neater features is if you get more than one piece of loot on a screen, you can only craft a type of thing once. So if you get three things, you will have to choose which becomes a weapon, which an item, and which an ally. You also have to keep an eye on variety: for most of the game I didn't have an Electric-based weapon so I had to keep reading the vague descriptions of possible rewards to try and make one for myself. Battles are turn-based: use weapons or allies to take them down, use items to buff yourself or allies, debuff the enemy, stun the enemy, heal, shield yourself, all that good stuff. Hopefully you didn't expend all the uses of the weapons that are strong against your enemy! Most battles were pretty easy, but the end of chapter 4 was a doozy. I hadn't really seen gameplay like this before and I gotta say it was pretty refreshing and fun.

The graphics: Hand-drawn. A lot of them are really nice, but they're kind of all over the place in terms of quality. I think they were going for "these races are all super different" but it didn't quite work. The combat backgrounds were good but the regular environment backgrounds not so much. Another big drawback is that it starts out in a small window and there are no graphics options, but you can manually resize the window to make it larger or hit the fullscreen button. It also would have benefitted if all the weapons, items, and allies you accrue had their own pictures attached to them, but that would mean dozens of new hand-drawn pictures, two-thirds of which you won't see in any given game, and that might be asking too much.

The audio: Music was kind of unremarkable. Sound effects were pretty lacking. A lot of the battle sounds were just thuds. I did like the environmental sounds in a lot of the areas, though.

The length: Took me 5 hours for my first runthrough, but apparently there are multiple endings. I don't know how true that is, but I do know that I collected several key items that I never used, and in at least one place I found a key item after I was supposed to have used it, so it would have been interesting to see how it all played out using the key item rather than just having to fight my way through.

The verdict: This game surprised me. It's not perfect, but I did enjoy it. The premise was neat, the gameplay was interesting, some of the encounters felt downright puzzly and made me think about what I wanted to do next...all in all the journey was worth the time I put in. It's in the Steam store at full price for 5 bucks. If you follow the dollar-an-hour theory, it's worth it even at that. The fact that it shows up in bundles so often is gravy. If you've picked it up, definitely give it a play. If you haven't, be on the lookout for it. In my opinion, it's worthy to be more than just a +1. And hey...it's got cards.

Chariot

How's there came an echo? Haven't yet gotten around to it, but will be later today.
I played about an hour, it's pretty fun. After I got the hang how to say my voice commands, the fights are so much fun, just scoffing at your guys. It works surprisingly well. Story is interesting and the characters are fun. I can'T get enough of the three girls bickering at each other (and Adam).

Knurek

World 6 in Infinite unlocked, still have 5-6 to clear.
Took a peak at 6-x puzzles... My brain, my poor little brain.
(Still, should be done with the main part of game tomorrow)

It's such a pity the author didn't copy the Nintendo's Picross/Picross3D/Layton approach and offered weekly puzzle packs for the game. Such an amazing idea, wish indies would pick it up for puzzle games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom