• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

Woman, please go watch the Matrix if you haven't.

It wasn't a reference to the Matrix though. It was a reference to the thread that Kiru linked earlier:

Yes

8e0z0YC.gif

Yeah, there was a hilarious Matrix gif that came out of that, but "The Neo" was referring to the thread.

Kiru

It wasn't a reference to the Matrix though. It was a reference to the thread that Kiru linked earlier:

Yeah, there was a hilarious Matrix gif that came out of that, but "The Neo" was referring to the thread.

I know. I linked the thread too! :p

MUnited83

For you.
They are? From his description it just sound like they took a couple of modes and ideas out of the original and repackage them into another game.

But then again the last DW I played was PS2 era. So what do I know.. Back then there was DW 4-5-6 and so on as far as I remember.

Well in Far Cry case. They're different settings with diferent stories.

Don't most DW games set around the same time period? With more or less the same characters.

Regular DW8 (and XL) is story-focused. Empires is a spin-off game, and it's more of a strategy/army building game. There have been plenty of strategic Romance of the Three Kingdoms games, this one more of them. No, I don't think they cut out anything of the original at all. Besides, both games have shitloads of content and hours of gameplay.

An-Det

Damn, I didn't realize I had quite so many. It's a paltry few compared to some of you, but still a crazy number that I just hit. Guess that's what years of various bundles will do.

gg5kaEz.png

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
Hey guys, quick question:

I and a few friends have been trying our luck with some tf2 workshop items. The newest item we published a few days ago got a comment from a guy called "Item givaway" which is a private lvl 0 steam profile and he wrote:
"Free TF2 Items,Earbuds,Unusuals,Maxheads,Keys
Get Free TF2 Items HERE [x90.es] Over 700+ Items have been giveaway !
We will never ask for your Steam login or anything ells for that matter.
Items will be added in your backpack by trading with steam bot !"

I'm rather new to this tf2 stuff but this comment seems rather strange to me and I don't know if stuff like this is legit or we should delete the comment (if it's legit I don't want to come across as an ass by deleting it, but I also don't want to klick the link...)

any advice from you guys?

also if you like you can add me on steam, I'm in desperate need of people liking my dark souls 2 screenshots (=

this is my profile:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/WeaselJCD

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I and a few friends have been trying our luck with some tf2 workshop items. The newest item we published a few days ago got a comment from a guy called "Item givaway" which is a private lvl 0 steam profile and he wrote:

I'm rather new to this tf2 stuff but this comment seems rather strange to me and I don't know if stuff like this is legit or we should delete the comment (if it's legit I don't want to come across as an ass by deleting it, but I also don't want to klick the link...)

also if you like you can add me on steam, I'm in desperate need of people liking my dark souls 2 screenshots (=

this is my profile:

It's the Steam equivalent of those "You're our one-millionth visitor! Click here for your free prize!" pop-up ads.

Edit: My PS4 was dispatched 6 days ago and the tracking info hasn't updated since. I think somebody lost it.

this is my profile:

It's not legit, delete the comment.

Phawx

If you have admin/mod capabilities and it's a comment that you find to be off-topic/spammy then you have every right to delete it.

this is my profile:

Its not legit, I get 3-4 level 0 friend requests a day and I block instantly

fantomena

I should look closer at the "low priority" part of Gmail.

Just noticed a PS4/Vita OlliOlli 2 code there which I received 8 hours ago.

I don't see OlliOlli 2 as low priority.

Is there no time limit between sending PMs from the mobile site like there is from desktop GAF? I don't recall ever seeing the "You need to wait X seconds before you can send another message" on mobile... I'm wondering if some my messages to ModBot are ignored without notifying me.

Chariot

Is there no time limit between sending PMs from the mobile site like there is from desktop GAF? I don't recall ever seeing the "You need to wait X seconds before you can send another message" on mobile... I'm wondering if some my messages to ModBot are ignored without notifying me.
Do it now. Send me three messages within 30 seconds.

Jawmuncher

There's still a time limit is just doesn't inform you on mobile.

Knurek

What? More context please. What games, restricted how?

Well, they have a German version of the site as of today, so I guess they can't sell Nazi related stuff anymore.

"Two games from our catalog had to be made unavailable in Germany: Commandos Ammo Pack and Commandos 2+3. Offering or promoting these games is considered a serious criminal offence according to German law, and we have to abide by this law to avoid the risk of serious legal action taken against GOG.com and GOG.com employees. Rest assured that if you've already bought a game - nothing will retroactively disappear from your shelves."

What? More context please. What games, restricted how?

They stopped selling games which are banned here to German IPs, like Commandos and Mortal Kombat. Haven't seen a full list.

You should still be able to get them via VPN or as a gift. It's not a big issue.

EDIT: I can see Mortal Kombat while people are saying it's gone. Let's wait until the dust settles before we get upset.

So people are upset that Germans can't be sold games that are against the law in Germany? I get that it sucks, but shouldn't the German gamers be directing their anger at the government, or have they completely given up on that and are just venting at more convenient targets?

Man, this is so ridiculous. Why don't they want us to shoot at nazis. Reichswehr schießt nicht auf Reichswehr?

You should complain to Merkel. The game publishers and sites aren't really at fault here.
So people are upset that Germans can't be sold games that are against the law in Germany? I get that it sucks, but shouldn't the German gamers be directing their anger at the government, or have they completely given up on that and are just venting at more convenient targets?
You can get anything here anyway if you're willing to jump through a few hoops. It's really no big deal.

I guess the one thing you could critizice is that since GOG is not doing buisness out of Germany, they shouldn't need to follow German laws and should be able to sell those games to anyone. I'm not exactly sure what the legal situation is in that case though. I mean I can import whatever phyisical game I want from anywhere. I don't see why I can't do the same with digital titles.

They stopped selling games which are banned here to German IPs, like Commandos and Mortal Kombat. Haven't seen a full list.

You should still be able to get them via VPN or as a gift. It's not a big issue.

EDIT: I can see Mortal Kombat while people are saying it's gone. Let's wait until the dust settles before we get upset.

Why is Mortal Kombat banned? Violence level?

It's like we've time-traveled back to 1992... again.

Why get angry at GOG? Because customers.

Chariot

You should complain to Merkel. The game publishers and sites aren't really at fault here..
Who am I to question the ways of our chancellor? Speaking against Frau Merkel is a sin and the sinful one get reincarnated into bavaria.

Frau Merkel weiss dass Sie nur Simulationen spielen solte.
Frau Merkel probably doesn't know this part of Neuland yet.

edit: if this isn't clear, I am not mad at gog, I am mad in general. Because this annoys me greatly. I am aware that I get censored games everywhere. But I still won't try to question the Chancellor.

Nzyme32

Why is Mortal Kombat banned? Violence level?

It's like we've time-traveled back to 1992... again.

Laws and rating for content on videogames (along with some other mediums) has been pretty strong for a long time. Violence, sexual content and blood are an issue I think. Nazi type stuff as well is actually illegal too. So lots of stuff gets blocked or forced to change content.

At least it is not the 90s anymore, where it meant the entire PAL region paid the price

Titan Souls has a release date (April 14th) and price-point ($9.99 USD / $8.99 with discount) for Playstation Plus during their Spring Fever thing.

So, that's good news! I wonder if the Steam version will have a slight delay.

Does anyone have any news on Hyper Light Drifter?

MUnited83

For you.
Laws and rating for content on videogames (along with some other mediums) has been pretty strong for a long time. Violence, sexual content and blood are an issue I think. Nazi type stuff as well is actually illegal too. So lots of stuff gets blocked or forced to change content.

At least it is not the 90s anymore, where it meant the entire PAL region paid the price

Entire PAL region still pays the price(in some console titles that is). TLOU and South Park: Stick of Truth, for example.

Khronico

Going back and forth on whether I want to get the vita or PC version of Hotline Miami 2

I'll probably end up getting both lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom