• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

edit: if this isn't clear, I am not mad at gog, I am mad in general. Because this annoys me greatly. I am aware that I get censored games everywhere. But I still won't try to question the Chancellor.

Y'all should step up somehow.
Everytime I send a résumé to Germany I secretly hope to stay unemployed because I could not live playing with crippled games
also I'm super scared by GEMA and what they would do every time I search for some tv series, in my mind they're basically like SS slamming doors open and deport people because they really had to download some old Seinfeld episode

Everytime I send a résumé to Germany I secretly hope to stay unemployed because I could not live playing with crippled games
also I'm super scared by GEMA and what they would do every time I search for some tv series, in my mind they're basically like SS slamming doors open and deport people because they really had to download some old Seinfeld episode

GEMA handles music, not tv and movies. All they do is block Youtube videos all day. They're harmless.

When a game is banned it stays banned unless the publisher apllies for a re-classification. guess how many think that is a worthwhile endeavor.

Laws and rating for content on videogames (along with some other mediums) has been pretty strong for a long time. Violence, sexual content and blood are an issue I think. Nazi type stuff as well is actually illegal too. So lots of stuff gets blocked or forced to change content.

At least it is not the 90s anymore, where it meant the entire PAL region paid the price
Oh, I see. That makes sense.

Though wouldn't remakes and re-releases have to be re-rated? I can't imagine Mortal Kombat would still rate such ridiculous measures with some of the other games out there nowadays. If so, the issue is becoming dangerously close to China's ridiculous "no bones allowed" policy towards video games.

Copons

GEMA handles music, not tv and movies. All they do is block Youtube videos all day. They're harmless.

Ok, but still in my head they come into your house pointing shotguns to your head while some mad scientist screw up with your router blocking out YouTube videos by ID (so every time someone upload a new video, they'll come back for your router).

Turfster

Daily Emergency 5 Deluxe 50% off
Weekend
  • Europa Universalis IV 75% off FREE WEEKEND
  • Galactic Civilizations Franchise up to 75% off, Stardock Pack 66% off

Chariot

Don't worry, GEMA is only for music. And they go mostly for the weak like children, old people and the disabled.

The ones who go for you neck for pirating are various private companies.

Shadownet

Banned
It wasn't a reference to the Matrix though. It was a reference to the thread that Kiru linked earlier:

Yeah, there was a hilarious Matrix gif that came out of that, but "The Neo" was referring to the thread.
Ahhh I see. Yeah I saw that thread. I thought it was a joke thread. Lol I'm a huge The Matrix fan, so any mention of Neo will automatically connect me to the movies.

Regular DW8 (and XL) is story-focused. Empires is a spin-off game, and it's more of a strategy/army building game. There have been plenty of strategic Romance of the Three Kingdoms games, this one more of them. No, I don't think they cut out anything of the original at all. Besides, both games have shitloads of content and hours of gameplay.

Ah gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. I guess I would be more into the original instead of the spin-off series by the sound of it.

Kanokare

Wanted to buy a 4 pack later to pass along to friends but I already have the game. Would this bring any harm to my account?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/1ky1q0/how_are_people_trading_4packs_payday_2_amongst/cbttoo4

Open up a browser with your account logged in.
Open 2 tabs with the steam store up.
In one of the tabs(tab 1) add any random game that can be gifted to your cart.
Click purchase as gift in that tab(tab 1).
In the other tab(tab 2) add the 4 pack you want and remove the filler game.
Go back to the first tab(tab 1) and then click add to inventory and it will show a 4 pack to buy that will then go into your inventory.

Kanokare

That loophole no longer works. Traders selling region-free spares from the Dying Light four-pack was the last straw.

Ohh, dang. Thanks for letting me know! Guess I'll just buy some Steam cards and give it to one of the friends and then go from there.

rtcn63

nerdss.gif

Turfster

Humble Made in Japan bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Cherry Tree High Complete Pack
  • Fairy Bloom Freesia
  • INfluent + Language Pack
TIER 2: BTA
  • Magical Battle Festa
  • Revolver 360 Re:Actor
  • The Tale of ALLTYNEX
TIER 3: 10$
  • Rime Berta
  • Half Minute Hero The Second Coming

Humble Made in Japan bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Cherry Tree High Complete Pack
  • Fairy Bloom Freesia
  • INfluent + Language Pack
TIER 2: BTA
  • Magical Battle Festa
  • Revolver 360 Re:Actor
  • The Tale of ALLTYNEX
TIER 3: 10$
  • Rime Berta
  • Half Minute Hero The Second Coming

Hmm, I guess we could buy the bundle at $1 multiple times for more language packs :). That will also bring down the average :D

Lomax

I really liked Cherry Tree High, but from what I've heard the sequel is nothing like the first one. I really wanted to like Fairy Bloom Freesia, and I almost beat the whole game, but it was just so repetitive and had insane difficulty spikes that just ruined the fun for me.

Chariot

Stop hating on an*me bundles!
Revere the anime pope, expel the barbarians!

--
Yeah, but I don't know what is Rime Berta, and I'm not interested in other games :S
It's a tactical RPG. Looks very interesting.

I really liked Cherry Tree High, but from what I've heard the sequel is nothing like the first one. I really wanted to like Fairy Bloom Freesia, and I almost beat the whole game, but it was just so repetitive and had insane difficulty spikes that just ruined the fun for me.
Yeah, the second Cherry Tree High is just a kinetic novel, still funny but not quite the same :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom