• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

All the various Hexcells talk made reinstall all 3 games. The most excellent part about puzzles like this is that you don't really remember the solutions, so the late game stuff is very re-playable.

And maybe I'll check out some of the seeds from the Infinite community or something as well.

I get random people who want to be friends with me. I have no idea who they are, leave no messages but judging from their account they look legit... does this happen to anybody else? Should I accept or ignore?

I get a few a week from randoms, not Level 0 bots. It's pretty easy to tell the legit people from the obviously hacked accounts. Hacked accounts/dodgy people tend to either only have F2P games or haven't actually played a game in years. I got an invite from someone (hacked account) who hadn't played a game since 2009 recently!

You write heaps of reviews, people read them. I've had cool people read my reviews, see my screenshots and friend me for a chat etc...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
This Shadow of Mordor DLC is legit trash. They put zero effort into both "content" packs. Same old environments, missions with little to no effort put in and the same irritating bullshit. It just feels like a bunch of terrible side missions they had left over.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2015-02-26_15-19-32.jpg

xPaw

SteamDB developer and generally a pretty crafty guy.
It's pretty annoying, but we still can get names for free on demand packages, and store names. And all the old packages still have names from our history.

I guess they removed names because it caused multiple leaks in the past, and Steam client doesn't actually need to display them anywhere?

Grief.exe

Yeah March is always busy now it seems. Personally I have:

Bloodborne
Hotline Miami 2
Pillars of Eternity
The remaining episodes for Resi Rev 2
New episodes for Life is Strange and Dreamfall Chapters
New DLC for Alien Isolation and The Evil Within

Don't forget Ori and the Blind Forest and Cities Skylines.

This Shadow of Mordor DLC is legit trash. They put zero effort into both "content" packs. Same old environments, missions with little to no effort put in and the same irritating bullshit. It just feels like a bunch of terrible side missions they had left over.

Sounds like you just described the majority of DLC anyways.

It's pretty annoying, but we still can get names for free on demand packages, and store names. And all the old packages still have names from our history.

I guess they removed names because it caused multiple leaks in the past, and Steam client doesn't actually need to display them anywhere?

Booooo

Tizoc

Couldn't be much more OT and it's only for Giant Bomb Premium members but finally Metal Gear Scanlon 3 has started: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/metal-gear-scanlon-3-part-01/2300-9975/ I for one am excited.

On topic: Republique Remastered got released.

For reals people, is it worth getting or not? What are the game's pros and cons.

Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm beta Steam keys are going out to backers.

Now that's one game I wish I backed lol.
Have some Yatagarasu footage from Japan ni the meantime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnYdUgfAtnE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfQE7FYbdN8

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Clearly they're doing this ahead of adding a package for a game that would break the internet. Something that would trigger huge megatons with just the name. Valve are preparing for the Half Life 3 reveal.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Clearly they're doing this ahead of adding a package for a game that would break the internet. Something that would trigger huge megatons with just the name. Valve are preparing for the Half Life 3 reveal.

by Jove, I think you've got it!! ;)

vg260

Took me about 3 tries restarting Steam (to be honest I thought it was my dodgy internet). It kept giving me an error dialogue and saying it wasn't released.

Anywho where you do get it working achievements seem pretty decent and there's a good tracking option in game that tally's up then kill x number type ones. Plus there's also other challenges that while not achievements are similar in their requirements which can be done for extra BP which you now use to level up the single player characters. You can convert it to Gold which is the new currency for Raid maid which seems to have a bit more to it that the first..

I had issues with Steam not showing the RERev2 install button until switching back and forth out of the beta client. Only issue is now some achievements didn't pop for me. Anyone have issues with this?

Phinor

Space Rangers 2? Is this the second? Is that the newest?

Space Rangers 2 has two different versions (basically the second version is improved/remaster version) but this new(ish) HD version overrides both of those versions. Basically the HD version is Space Rangers 2 remaster remastered. Space Rangers 2 itself is over 10 years old and the original remaster/improved version was released in 2006 while this new HD version is from 2013.

Maniac

Banned
Yes, 2-6 GDC, 6-8 PAX East (Valve might not be there, but Chet likely will. He's always at these events.) and 12-14 Rezzed.

Which version did you try?

Uuuuugh, one of the early prototype things. The ones that got sent out to the hardware testers. 3D printed, so-so build quality, but god-damn the haptic feedback works damn well.
oh Facepunch, you can be so funny

Can't wait for next week!

That last guy? What a noob.

... TI5 was already announced :p

I can't wait, either. But it's mostly that I'm looking forward to the salt when Valve inevitably doesn't announce or show off any games whatsoever, but instead "just" VR stuff.

If they, or Oculus or literally anybody shows off a good VR input device, I'll have no salt pouring out of me at all.

I can't wait, either. But it's mostly that I'm looking forward to the salt when Valve inevitably doesn't announce or show off any games whatsoever, but instead "just" VR stuff.

If they, or Oculus or literally anybody shows off a good VR input device, I'll have no salt pouring out of me at all.

Yeah, same here, that's why I said it. I'm expecting zero software announcement from Valve.

although i liked it plot wise, i totally agree.

Knurek

Yeah, 'Half-Life 3 F2P' sub alongside 'Half-Life 3 3k crowbar credits' one would literally break the internet.

KingKong

Am I missing something obvious or is there no way to tell which puzzles you got zero mistakes on in Hexcells?

I need 12 things to unlock the last set, so I guess I need to redo a bunch of levels until I get enough

Am I missing something obvious or is there no way to tell which puzzles you got zero mistakes on in Hexcells?

I need 12 things to unlock the last set, so I guess I need to redo a bunch of levels until I get enough

The levels you perfect will have a "shiny" icon and the ones you need work on will have a "flat" icon I think

Finished Claire's half of RE:Revelations 2 Episode 1...enjoyed it but I really suck at ammunition management...the only times I had trouble were with the big/power enemies and the ending section

Speevy

Banned
Quick question, what does "Partial controller" mean in Steam? Does it mean I need a keyboard as well as a controller?

It usually means you can't interact with the entire game with a controller, as there are some features that will need to be accessed by a keyboard.

So "playing the game" might still work with a controller entirely.

donny2112

Quick question, what does "Partial controller" mean in Steam? Does it mean I need a keyboard as well as a controller?

Varies by game. Means at least some of the actions require a keyboard and/or mouse, in addition to just using a controller. Most of the game may play just fine with the controller, though, and the keyboard support may be related to choosing the starting options or something. Just have to read up on the game, if controller support is a dealbreaker for you, to see how much you'd actually need to the kb/m. Usually it's not that much, though.

After reading a few pages back I'm like oh a pretty red haired lady with cleavage! I hope I get one of her trading cards!

Well I only got her, of course. I was happy when I got her first up, then I'm like I bet I just get 3 of her now lol.

At least she's worth $$ I suppose.

Shadownet

Banned
Looks like I going extra early to be today. Dynasty Warriors 8 Empuires apparently releases at the ungodly time of 3 AM, I need to play it in the morning >_<

Wait.. They're releasing another version of that game??

lol was that a reference??
Woman, please go watch the Matrix if you haven't.
you dream came true, now you can manage your very own super duper weapon shop.
I love how you didn't notice that this picture is literally a clone of Adventure Time. And I don't even watch the show.

Also, I don't suppose anyone has a spare copy of Double Dragons Neon I can buy off of you? That's the only one I need from that bundle.

Deques

After reading a few pages back I'm like oh a pretty red haired lady with cleavage! I hope I get one of her trading cards!

Well I only got her, of course. I was happy when I got her first up, then I'm like I bet I just get 3 of her now lol.

At least she's worth $$ I suppose.

I wish that I got her too

DocSeuss

Homeworld CE is incredible and was worth waiting a full year.

Surprised and disappointed it doesn't include an OST and the art book (which is phenomenal) is so tiny. Would rather have had a bigger art book than a keychain.

Shadownet

Banned
Hmm? That makes no sense. They are really two different games despite having the 8 in the title. That's like asking why Far Cry 4/3/2/1 don't come in one game.
They are? From his description it just sound like they took a couple of modes and ideas out of the original and repackage them into another game.

But then again the last DW I played was PS2 era. So what do I know.. Back then there was DW 4-5-6 and so on as far as I remember.

Well in Far Cry case. They're different settings with diferent stories.

Don't most DW games set around the same time period? With more or less the same characters.

Phawx

Oh well, getting the PS version then. Not waiting months for this one.

Axiom Verge is really good. Amazingly good. That Metroid feel plus all of the items and bosses.

I have a funny story about the preview version that I'll share after the game is out.

What's everyone's opinion on this controller?

At $4 shipped, I jumped on this. I'll let you all know how shitty it is in a month or two when it makes its way on a boat to me.

Turfster

Because why not...
Uplay has a US only (fuck you Ubi) sale going (which includes South Park as steam key), and Amazon has a couple of Origin games (Alice, Crysis, Mass Effect) discounted

MacGameStore has Rocksmith 2014 75% off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom