• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Hexcells Infinite 100%ented.
Now for that final achievement, let me tell you, the random levels feel a tad hollow after the 6-5 bossfight...

Arthea

talking about the best. I've finished 15th game this year yesterday - Bionic Heart, that would make me the best if not bunch of guys running around with 20+ finished...

In other news, not buying games made my wishilst explode, instead of having my regular 50-60, I now have 90 games on it.

Hexcells Infinite 100%ented.
Now for that final achievement, let me tell you, the random levels feel a tad hollow after the 6-5 bossfight...

you know that you can fish for good seed on boards, don't you? no need to go random

Dr Dogg

2015-02-27_06-50-46.jpg

they'll never learn ... ;)

Well at least KT didn't call it Complete Edition this time.

What they're not learning is interaction, communication with and the expectation of their target audience. From their past releases on PC you've taking a massive gamble preordering and with their ludicrously inflated European prices it just doesn't seem to be worth it.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Well at least KT didn't call it Complete Edition this time.

What they're not learning is interaction, communication with and the expectation of their target audience. From their past releases on PC you've taking a massive gamble preordering and with their ludicrously inflated European prices it just doesn't seem to be worth it.

... and it's a last-gen port too ;) because fuck logic

This Resident Evil 6 Leon campaign is pretty alright so far. I played the Prelude chapter first before I started the Leon campaign (I presume that's the intended way of going about it?) and I had a bunch of cool guns like a Desert Eagle, AR, Shotgun and what not then in the actual Leon campaign I only have a pistol and knife, did I screw something up, or am I not supposed to have those weapons in the campaign?

And thank God for the option to pull the camera back and widen the FOV (which was hidden in the camera settings and not the graphics settings which was kind of strange), I couldn't handle the camera under the characters armpit like it was default. Much easier to play now.

Dr Dogg

... and it's a last-gen port too ;) because fuck logic

But at current gen prices. PS3 version is £29.99 with bonus DLC on PSN while the PS4 version is £44.99 it also has bonus DLC. Saying that the price on Turkey and Norway is more in line with what I'd expect. Their first Steam release, Yaiba was £49.99 at launch which was about 25% more than anywhere else so shows KT where off to a good start!

This Resident Evil 6 Leon campaign is pretty alright so far. I played the Prelude chapter first before I started the Leon campaign (I presume that's the intended way of going about it?) and I had a bunch of cool guns like a Desert Eagle, AR, Shotgun and what not then in the actual Leon campaign I only have a pistol and knife, did I screw something up, or am I not supposed to have those weapons in the campaign?

And thank God for the option to pull the camera back and widen the FOV (which was hidden in the camera settings and not the graphics settings which was kind of strange), I couldn't handle the camera under the characters armpit like it was default. Much easier to play now.

I actually feel Leon's campaign as a whole is the worst but did like it. Also you really shouldn't play them all in one shot. Capcom really shouldn't have split them up as separate campaigns as they flow much better bouncing from Chris' to Jake's to Leon's. There's a good order recommendation in the PC OT.

Edit: To save you seaching here's the popular suggested order:-
RE6 Campaign Order said:
Prelude Chapter
Chris Chapter 1
Chris Chapter 2
Jake Chapter 1
Jake Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 1
Leon Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 3
Chris Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 4
Leon Chapter 4
Chris Chapter 4
Jake Chapter 5
Chris Chapter 5
Leon Chapter 5
Ada Campaign

lashman

But at current gen prices. PS3 version is £29.99 with bonus DLC on PSN while the PS4 version is £44.99 it also has bonus DLC. Saying that the price on Turkey and Norway is more in line with what I'd expect. Their first Steam release, Yaiba was £49.99 at launch which was about 25% more than anywhere else so shows KT where off to a good start!

oh, and by the way - this one doesn't have online either ... you know - a PC-exclusive feature ;)

Miguel81

You'll find the weapons throughout the rest of the campaign. The others(Chris, Jake, etc.) work the same way.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
it's a PC, who cares? ©

edited: BTW, if you are interested in Pneuma, Eurogamer has review already - Pneuma: Breath of Life review

they liked it more or less

I'm quite interested by Pneuma, it seems like just the other day it was announced in the midst of the Talos Principal hype. Don't know if I'm gonna jump at it though - I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going to drop the cash for Hotline Miami 2 or not.

I actually feel Leon's campaign as a whole is the worst but did like it. Also you really shouldn't play them all in one shot. Capcom really shouldn't have split them up as separate campaigns as they flow much better bouncing from Chris' to Jake's to Leon's. There's a good order recommendation in the PC OT.

I found the chronological/recommended order of the campaigns, I'll gonna start over tomorrow.

You'll find the weapons throughout the rest of the campaign. The others(Chris, Jake, etc.) work the same way.

Good to know, I thought I'd ask because the menus and options are kind of weird and strangely worded.

Dr Dogg

oh, and by the way - this one doesn't have online either ... you know - a PC-exclusive feature ;)

The DOA5LR fiasco doesn't exactly paint them in a good light either. Communication is the key thing here and I'm sure there would be a lot more favourable reception if they explained things upfront to their potential customers. Then again they are a video game publisher and next to none of them do that but when they do talk about their PC endeavours they start getting all wriggly bummed in their chair about modding completely overlooking what is already available on consoles.

I found the chronological/recommended order of the campaigns, I'll gonna start over tomorrow.

I wish I did it that way now as I knocked out Leon's Campaign first and at the end I didn't have a fucking clue what was going on. It's didn't help that the game offers up Leon's Campaign first (I guess because he's a series fav to draw the crowd in) where really a good starting point is either Chris' or Jake's with Chris' making the most sense in perspective of the overall story.

lashman

The DOA5LR fiasco doesn't exactly paint them in a good light either. Communication is the key thing here and I'm sure there would be a lot more favourable reception if they explained things upfront to their potential customers. Then again they are a video game publisher and next to none of them do that but when they do talk about their PC endeavours they start getting all wriggly bummed in their chair about modding completely overlooking what is already available on consoles.

maybe they're just looking for an excuse to stop porting their games to PC .... I mean - between porting old-gen versions (we still don't even know which version of DoA we'll get ... my guess would be - the old one because if that wasn't the case, they'd have already told us), ridiculous pricing, huge amounts (and prices) of DLC, excluding online, delaying online, blackmailing PC gamers (the DoA modding thingy) etc. etc. etc. ... it's like they're just looking for an excuse ;)

Dr Dogg

maybe they're just looking for an excuse to stop porting their games to PC .... I mean - between porting old-gen versions (we still don't even know which version of DoA we'll get ... my guess would be - the old one because if that wasn't the case, they'd have already told us), ridiculous pricing, huge amounts (and prices) of DLC, excluding online, delaying online, blackmailing PC gamers (the DoA modding thingy) etc. etc. etc. ... it's like they're just looking for an excuse ;)

I'm sure KT will try to win everyone's hearts and bring over Ninja Gaiden... then bring over the non-Black, non-Sigma version and incorporate a load of wonkey DLC at astronomical prices!

Chariot

Dynasty Warrios 8 Empires is definitely fun, the gameplay works and the customisation mode is sweet, but goodness gracious, I feel at every corner that the company doesn't give a shit about PC. I needed 20 minutes to setup my damn gamepad, because something is rubbish with the standard configuration of the 360 controller in this game. And even then I can't use it on the title screen (Presh any key to start), so I still have to put my head on my keyboard to get into the menu where I can use my controller. My resolution isn't a option which is why I have cinematic feeling with two borders top and bottom.

And the graphics, oh my. Is that even last gen? I believe my Vita Dynasty Warriors doesn't look worse.

But everything is fine when I see the ridiculous weapons.

--
Why are there two sets of resolutions listed? Multi-monitor setup?
I have no clue. Apparently the second entry applies for me.

you can fix that for only 2.4k rp!
Do I look like I have any RP left for buying anything?

lashman

I'm sure KT will try to win everyone's hearts and bring over Ninja Gaiden... then bring over the non-Black, non-Sigma version and incorporate a load of wonkey DLC at astronomical prices!

at this point in time - wouldn't surprise me ONE BIT ... not even joking (unfortunately)

lashman

Dynasty Warrios 8 Empires is definitely fun, the gameplay works and the customisation mode is sweet, but goodness gracious, I feel at every corner that the company doesn't give a shit about PC. I needed 20 minutes to setup my damn gamepad, because something is rubbish with the standard configuration of the 360 controller in this game. And even then I can't use it on the title screen (Presh any key to start), so I still have to put my head on my keyboard to get into the menu where I can use my controller. My resolution isn't a option which is why I have cinematic feeling with two borders top and bottom.

And the graphics, oh my. Is that even last gen? I believe my Vita Dynasty Warriors doesn't look worse.

But everything is fine when I see the ridiculous weapons.

--I have no clue. Apparently the second entry applies for me.

Do I look like I have any RP left for buying anything?

this thing gets thrown around a lot lately ... but holy crap, this really DOES look like a PS2 game!! O_O

Having read posts from atleast 20 of the people that were picked, it's evident they picked a bunch of grade-A idiots, so they're probably not intelligent enough to even think that far.

Disheartening, isn't it? I swear, there's something about Valve and its testers...

Dr Dogg

Even more of a headscratcher when you look at the package Hyrule Warriors offers up in content, level of production and value proposition. You can see Nintendo carefully sculpted that and the game gets lavished with praise. Surely Koei can see that?

lashman

Even more of a headscratcher when you look at the package Hyrule Warriors offers up in content, level of production and value proposition. You can see Nintendo carefully sculpted that and the game gets lavished with praise. Surely Koei can see that?

... just like they saw all those people complaining about the pricing of Yaiba ... and just like they saw all the people complaining about the "quality" of the DW8 port ;)

Double

I'm kinda happy they upped the early buyer's price for DJ Sona. Now I have even more reason not to buy it (other than having no interest in playing the snorefest that is Sona :p)

Chariot

Well, the game is ok on PS4. They just hate PC.

I'm kinda happy they upped the early buyer's price for DJ Sona. Now I have even more reason not to buy it (other than having no interest in playing the snorefest that is Sona :p)
You can up the difficulty by playing her with your tongue.

Double

Well, the game is ok on PS4. They just hate PC.

You can up the difficulty by playing her with your tongue.
Or like that other dude, with a steering wheel :D

Tongue sounds appropriate though.

@Arthea newest big League of Legends skin ("ultimate", the 3rd of its kind)
Played Aquaria yet, btw? :)

Arthea

Joined the crew even when I don't know what it is

let's go for that number one spot worldwide, we can do it with steamgaf easily, I'd say (><)

Or like that other dude, with a steering wheel :D

Tongue sounds appropriate though.

@Arthea newest big League of Legends skin ("ultimate", the 3rd of its kind)
Played Aquaria yet, btw? :)

still in my playing now category
with another 100+ games
, but I'll get there eventually.

lol that's crazy

why would you do that, league looked hideous on release lol

I don't know... It looked that it can have potential and all that what makes me buy games ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom