• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
For real?
I really didn't dig into Xenoverse because I thought it's just another fighting game like Naruto. Now you get me interested.
I'll go check it out.

You level-up your character and learn new skills along the way. It's a neat system that allows you to make whatever character you want. There's even skill (and equipment, maybe?) loadouts to let you make whatever you want.

There's also some minor "faction" stuff alongside the main story that involves mentoring under iconic characters.

Semi-random scenario battles seem to be the bread and butter of the game; online or offline, you take on challenges for XP and rewards so you can beat the story missions... or the harder scenarios.

Nordicus

For real?
I really didn't dig into Xenoverse because I thought it's just another fighting game like Naruto. Now you get me interested.
I'll go check it out.
Oh yeah. You got leveling, racial bonuses, attribute points, equipment that affects these attributes, different unique passives to use, customizable skills, healing items, Masters to pick that teach you their signature moves and enhance them, and solo/co-op missions with drop tables.

A lot of low level people grinding Legendary Super Saiyan side mission over and over because they want that rare early Super Saiyan skill to drop. They could advance the main story until it becomes available at skill shop, but where's the fun in that?

Smash88

Banned
Buying removed games is the only thing I buy from them. Still have to get stomping land one of those days.

I have bad news. It was all bought up by people like me, wanting to have a copy before they are either more expensive or harder to find, or scalpers that buy low and sell high.

You level-up your character and learn new skills along the way. It's a neat system that allows you to make whatever character you want. There's even skill (and equipment, maybe?) loadouts to let you make whatever you want.

There's also some minor "faction" stuff alongside the main story that involves mentoring under iconic characters.

Semi-random scenario battles seem to be the bread and butter of the game; online or offline, you take on challenges for XP and rewards so you can beat the story missions... or the harder scenarios.

Oh yeah. You got leveling, attribute points, racial bonuses, equipment that affects these attributes, different unique passives to use, customizable skills, healing items, Masters to pick that teach you their signature moves and enhance them, and solo/co-op missions with drop tables.

A lot of low level people grinding Legendary Super Saiyan side mission over and over because they want that rare early Super Saiyan skill to drop. They could advance the main story until it becomes available at skill shop, but where's the fun in that?

Cool!
Thanks for the impressions. It's indeed an RPG.
Been watching the broadcast, looks pretty fun as well.

MUnited83

For you.
I have bad news. It was all bought up by people like me, wanting to have a copy before they are either more expensive or harder to find, or scalpers that buy low and sell high.
Really? Ah!. Didnt thought it would sell out because it
never did when the game was first removed.

Deadbeat

Banned
Everything is an RPG. Even this very thread.
I wish.

For some reason this reminds me of the medic clan forums (part of the half life firearms community). There was a whole meta game when you posted you got credits to buy weapons/equipment and take contracts and god I missed that forum. Server crashed and no backups of the meta game. That was over a decade ago. I feel old.

I wish.

For some reason this reminds me of the medic clan forums (part of the half life firearms community). There was a whole meta game when you posted you got credits to buy weapons/equipment and take contracts and god I missed that forum. Server crashed and no backups of the meta game. That was over a decade ago. I feel old.

There are websites that did weird metagames like that. Giant Bomb had a quest system that ruined the comments for years. (One of the quests was "First!" ...guess the result.)

The Neo is above such things.
partly because every thread is an RPG.

xBladeM6x

Yes, male Majin represent!

Oh lord. His face is literally;

untitled_by_xbladem6x-d8jntil.png

My sides. Lol

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm anime bundle

i kinda want the $5 one but on the other hand that money is prolly better off spent on cheap nuuvem hotline miami

also just watched perfect blue with friends at that sushi+booze+anime place and it's as good as i remembered

satoshi kon :<

Deadbeat

Banned
There are websites that did weird metagames like that. Giant Bomb had a quest system that ruined the comments for years. (One of the quests was "First!" ...guess the result.)

The Neo is above such things.
partly because every thread is an RPG.
Difference being that the meta game never destroyed the forum. Once you made some initial money (or bandages as that was the currency iirc), you could do everything on the side. There was no race to shitpost to complete certain objectives. There was a cap as well on getting bandages on posts.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Parsnip, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Republique Remastered -- MB-65CA6C1A8E6E764B - Taken by Atraveller. 65 entrants total.

t1425015917z1.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-5781478B14A3DE63 - Taken by MakeshiftChef

Moving sucks. So does being too poor to pay to fix up your house so you're stuck doing all the work yourself. Hopefully I'll have time to game/post more after we move in a couple weeks.

Modeler left because nothing was happening on it or something, and then it died its final death.

ooh ok. see folks, another reason why you don't buy early access games. just wait till the game is completed its the smart thing to do, plus you get to experience the game the way its meant to instead of little bits and pieces that are buggy.

MUnited83

For you.
woah stomping land was removed? why? i was interested in it but was waiting for it to get out of beta

It was removed because the developer was doing literally nothing with it. Then it got back, presumably because the dev asked Valve nicely or something. After getting back, more nothing ensued, the porting to Unreal Engine didn't happen despite the dev saying that what he was working on while the game was removed the first time. Then the modeler of the game got out and said that the main dev never paid him for his work. And then the game got removed again.

I'm fucking happy that I went for The Forest instead when they both popped up on Steam at the same time.

ooh ok. see folks, another reason why you don't buy early access games. just wait till the game is completed its the smart thing to do, plus you get to experience the game the way its meant to instead of little bits and pieces that are buggy.

Nah. Plenty of Early Access games are amazing fun and don't have scummy devs like this one.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Moving sucks. So does being too poor to pay to fix up your house so you're stuck doing all the work yourself. Hopefully I'll have time to game/post more after we move in a couple weeks.

Yep, but at least you have a reason to go through your things and figure out what you really want and what has just been taking up space. Hope your new place works out for you Chef!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
FEAR 2's Hud is so silly. Almost everything about the game screams "we're going for the console crowd!"

I seem to recall the devs saying at one point that lean was removed because it couldn't be incorporated into the controller control scheme in a non-awkward way.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
lmfaooo thats pretty funny. AH FUCK IT GUYS, IT WON'T WORK ON CONTROLLERS. CUT DAT SHIT

Yeah, I remember thinking at the time, "Why not just include the option for kb&m players?" but then realised that if the decision to remove lean were made early on then all of the combat encounters in the game would have been designed around the inability to poke around corners. Still, it could have been patched in just so it's there.

Oreoleo

Modeler left because nothing was happening on it or something, and then it died its final death.

The lead dev literally severed contact with whoever else was on the team (might have just been the one other guy). I don't think the game saw a single update since it was released early last year? Was such a promising concept, shame the guy turned out to be a scumbag.

Oreoleo

Is Nuuvem's email service known to take its sweet time sending account verifications? Just tried to sign up, 10 min later no email.

Chariot

I feel the anger of 1,886 Order buyers. Don't critize valid critical aspects of a game I am hyped for and that I am going to throw money at. Don't you dare to even make me remotely question what I support with my money!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom