• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
http://giant.gfycat.com/GrayGrouchyChuckwallawebm

18mb gif to 3mb webm.

Gfycat will do that for you automatically.

Its not a webm if there's no sound
Pif.gif

Dr Dogg

Ubisoft discusses the story of the next "10, 20 years" of Assassin's Creed games

Yeeeeeeaah not too overly keen on the direction they envisage but I'm down for AssCreed 37: Rerererereverlations in 2035. What are you looking at me like that for?

Also was dicking around in Gears of War earlier. For a 9 year old game it still holds up really quite well. Can't comment on the MP community or online coop as it's a ghost town. I'd love a Steamworks version but that isn't happening anytime soon so if a Marcus Fenix Collection does turn up for XO I might crack, well providing Horde mode isn't fucked like MCC's online.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

dex3108

I don't have nothing against AC games. I love history and architecture so for me it is amazing experience to visit different historical periods, that is why i will buy AC Victory. I love setting, i like to see how did they implement famous persons etc. Walking around Paris in ACU was amazing experience for me.

Tizoc

I don't have nothing against AC games. I love history and architecture so for me it is amazing experience to visit different historical periods, that is why i will buy AC Victory. I love setting, i like to see how did they implement famous persons etc. Walking around Paris in ACU was amazing experience for me.

That still won't cover up the bland gameplay and bugs :V

fantomena

Ubisoft discusses the story of the next "10, 20 years" of Assassin's Creed games

Yeeeeeeaah not too overly keen on the direction they envisage but I'm down for AssCreed 37: Rerererereverlations in 2035. What are you looking at me like that for?

Also was dicking around in Gears of War earlier. For a 9 year old game it still holds up really quite well. Can't comment on the MP community or online coop as it's a ghost town. I'd love a Steamworks version but that isn't happening anytime soon so if a Marcus Fenix Collection does turn up for XO I might crack, well providing Horde mode isn't fucked like MCC's online.

Assassin's Creed 2026: No Time to Explain

Phinor

dex3108

That still won't cover up the bland gameplay and bugs :V

For me experience is equally important as gameplay. For example to climb Galata Tower in Istanbul you need to pay around 13$ (that was price when i was last there in 2011. i think) and it is extremely crowded on narrow balcony when you go there, you spend around 10 minutes there, and even though restaurant is up there you don't get anything from there for that 13$. But to stand there on hundreds of years old balcony and see Istanbul and all landmarks from one spot was experience worth of that money.

Deus Ex HR thing ain't happening, that game is a lie!

Unless, in the future we're still laughing/crying at SE's ineptness and he just put that poster up as ironical satire.

For me experience is equally important as gameplay. For example to climb Galata Tower in Istanbul you need to pay around 13$ (that was price when i was last there in 2011. i think) and it is extremely crowded on narrow balcony when you go there, you spend around 10 minutes there, and even though restaurant is up there you don't get anything from there for that 13$. But to stand there on hundreds of years old balcony and see Istanbul and all landmarks from one spot was experience worth of that money.

You heard the man. Next Assassin's Creed will be set in Istanbul and you'll need to pay $13 to unlock Galata Tower. Ubisoft will say that "the experience is worth that money."

Tizoc

Hey man what you do with your money is your own thing, but if I'm gonna spend $13 on anything I'd rather spend it on LoL skins, cuz to me ButtCream games are one time playthroughs if it is their usual open world collectathon bore.

I remember climbing one of the towers(inside) of the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona and my heart still hasn't recovered. I like my digital tourism <3

Against my better judgement of buying games early, I went ahead and bought KoF 2002 UM just to save that 4 bucks. I hear the beta was pretty good so it shouldn't launch in the condition day 1 98 was.

Hopefully it's fine.

Maniac

Banned
Disheartening, isn't it? I swear, there's something about Valve and its testers...

Yeah... I have a legitimate hatred of the humans they've used for testing. Some of my very favourite things were cut due to them. And that includes stuff from pretty much all their games - Left 4 Dead 2, HL2, Portal 2, TF2...

Fuck their testers.

Fuck them in the butt with a hot fire-poker.
What features are still missing? Would like to know that

Safehouse customisation was a thing Goldfarb spoke a lot about pre-release, and the fact that there would be plenty of activities at the safehouse, lol. He'd also mentioned moving hostages, but I don't know if that's been implemented since I last played... And ofcourse there's the fact that he mentioned an absurd amount of unique heists that they're nowhere near reaching even with all the DLC.

I can whole-heartedly say that I don't mind him leaving, he was quite damaging to the game and it's overall image and PR.

Deques

Safehouse customisation was a thing Goldfarb spoke a lot about pre-release, and the fact that there would be plenty of activities at the safehouse, lol. He'd also mentioned moving hostages, but I don't know if that's been implemented since I last played... And ofcourse there's the fact that he mentioned an absurd amount of unique heists that they're nowhere near reaching even with all the DLC.

I can whole-heartedly say that I don't mind him leaving, he was quite damaging to the game and it's overall image and PR.

The safehouse customisation is still missing, I haven't been able to customize anything, besides I never visit it.
Moving hostages is possible, I have moved some hostages.
Besides these things you mentioned I have read the bad stuff with Payday 2. This thread pretty much covers the problems the game has
http://steamcommunity.com/app/274170/discussions/0/617328967244673519/

It sucks that a Swedish developer is doing this kind of shit, promises that are never delivered and so on...

Tizoc

Against my better judgement of buying games early, I went ahead and bought KoF 2002 UM just to save that 4 bucks. I hear the beta was pretty good so it shouldn't launch in the condition day 1 98 was.

Hopefully it's fine.

Good man. I pre-ordered last month and can't wait to play it. Go listen to the OST on Youtube or something to get ready for it.

Can I use the steam app to have the game dl on my laptop once the store updates? I won't be home for another 6+ hours and I want it ready by the time I get home =/

Good man. I pre-ordered last month and can't wait to play it. Go listen to the OST on Youtube or something to get ready for it.

Can I use the steam app to have the game dl on my laptop once the store updates? I won't be home for another 6+ hours and I want it ready by the time I get home =/

But I already have the OST for 2002UM Tizoc :p

I am not sure, as I still have a windows phone but from my understanding of my friends I don't think you can, even on their android phones.

Yeah... I have a legitimate hatred of the humans they've used for testing. Some of my very favourite things were cut due to them. And that includes stuff from pretty much all their games - Left 4 Dead 2, HL2, Portal 2, TF2...

Fuck their testers.

Fuck them in the butt with a hot fire-poker.

Valve is also at fault. They're the ones hiring them and listening to their every word after all. And this won't change. Especially with Ambinder around. If something's not "fun" or "engaging" it won't make the cut, no matter if it's ambitious or sounds exciting.

Turfster

Apparently, the "old" indiegala store will be closing down at the end of march, and your keys will disappear since they're apparently not linked to the other one?
Also, the "new" indiegala store has a free copy of deadly premonition if you spend 9€ or more.

GetGames is having 50% off mac CoD (some of which are steamplay, except Blops) and Action up to 75% off sales

Deques

Apparently, the "old" indiegala store will be closing down at the end of march, and your keys will disappear since they're apparently not linked to the other one?
Also, the "new" indiegala store has a free copy of deadly premonition if you spend 9&#8364; or more.

GetGames is having 50% off mac CoD and Action up to 75% off sales

Wow, IndieGala continues to show their lack competence to link purchases to a profile. First that the gift links cannot be linked to a profile, now this kind of shit

Also, the "new" indiegala store has a free copy of deadly premonition if you spend 9€ or more.

Are you saying we all need to hurry up and claim our keys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom