• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double

haha, ya we're all in the same boat there anyways.

Why does Fairy Bloom Freesia come with a steam key for its soundtrack btw?

Arthea

I forgot to mention metagamescore updates really slowly, have patience, give it day or two to track all your scores.

should've bought rito stock instead :>

I should have done many things, but alas all I do is buy games and then try to play them all (><)

I can't seem to finish XCOM EU, have been playing it since October ( 26 hours so far ) and I still haven't finished my first run ( Normal, Ironman mode ) >.<

Got my first Psi soldier but I can't use the Gollop chamber yet :(

Back to Bed is rather underwhelming and short.

There's little, if any, challenge in any of the 30 normal stages. It only presents a challenge when you unlock Nightmare mode (after beating normal mode) which is just the same 30 levels but you have to collect keys instead of just getting to the exit.

Nightmare mode should have been normal mode.

zkylon

zkylewd
No league talk in my steam thread. Next, we'll be talking #dressgate.
hey now, league is
was
a steam game!

haha, ya we're all in the same boat there anyways.

Why does Fairy Bloom Freesia come with a steam key for its soundtrack btw?
so u can listen it with steam music maybe?

I should have done many things, but alas all I do is buy games and then try to play them all (><)
so it's not that it looked like it had potential as much as you being an impulsive insane person

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

Arthea

I was thinking the other day, what is the best game in my library, not all that nonsense - no longer on steam x10 value. But in the sense that is all around the best: how it's released, controls, cheevos, if a port (quality of a port), most fun to play and offering most quality playtime. And I understood that I can't decide.
Is it a game you played most? Is it a game you 100%-ed and had fun all the way? The one you like most?

so it's not that it looked like it had potential as much as you being an impulsive insane person

rude!

There already was one, but it doesn't seem to show up in any of the crew listings. You have to actually click the crew tag in a user name to get to it. Which is silly.

that's strange, I searched and it didn't come up at all!
oh well, we have our own now, please join for steamgaf world domination!

edited: oh, I understood why, it is called "Achieve Trophies Group" not gaf or neogaf

Oh, well, why not?

Wow, Too Human is more than 20k points. Yes, I have all achievements for Too Human. Yes, I'm crazy.

I never finished it...
too
but I didn't hate it either from what I played.

1szgM96.png

1920 x 1076? No? COME ON :(

--I don't play Sona.

Or that. At least they can't temp me then.

The fact that Tecmo never puts 1360 or 1366 resolutions worries me, probably DOA5 will do the same and that sucks.

milena87

I never finished it...
too
but I didn't hate it either from what I played.

Yeah, it wasn't that bad, once you mastered the weird controls.

But there was 1 achievement for never dying and one for having a complete epic set. Those took a while. Especially the epic set.

I'm noticing that in this metagamerscore the Steam version of most games is valued a lot more than the Xbox one. I have completed Batman AA 3 times (again, crazy): the normal version on Xbox is 6.135 points, the GOTY version on Xbox is 8.851 points and the Steam GOTY version is 17.293 points o_O

zkylon

zkylewd
I like this one better.

lol that's hilarious

I was thinking the other day, what is the best game in my library, not all that nonsense - no longer on steam x10 value. But in the sense that is all around the best: how it's released, controls, cheevos, if a port (quality of a port), most fun to play and offering most quality playtime. And I understood that I can't decide.
Is it a game you played most? Is it a game you 100%-ed and had fun all the way? The one you like most?

uhh the one you like best?

why would it be anything else

The dress thing makes me think that either I'm still in a weird dream or that I woke up and everybody went insane. What the fuck is even going on

Arthea

Yeah, it wasn't that bad, once you mastered the weird controls.

But there was 1 achievement for never dying and one for having a complete epic set. Those took a while. Especially the epic set.

I'm noticing that in this metagamerscore the Steam version of most games is valued a lot more than the Xbox one. I have completed Batman AA 3 times (again, crazy): the normal version on Xbox is 6.135 points, the GOTY version on Xbox is 8.851 points and the Steam GOTY version is 17.293 points o_O

they have very complicated system of calculating value of cheevos, it mostly has to do with number of people that played the game and number that got achievement. For popular games, if a lot of people played but not many got achievement it has very high value, with most hard achievements of games that almost nobody played, they have very low value, what sucks for me, but I got over that (><)

ExoSoul

Banned
In this kind of questions I always go with "it's never just one.

I beat Hexcells and 100% Achievement it. I can finally go to bed.
*alarm-goes-off*

titch

I took liberty of creating noegaf crew on metagamerscore. I'm surprised it wasn't created before. You are all free to join:
http://www.metagamerscore.com/crews/149

it's password protected, quote this post to see said password .

Joined will figure out what its about later lol

I had the same exact problem and just gave up after the 4th time.

No-one reads my posts :(

They took out the original codec pack as it was messing with folks codec settings and installed something else - reinstalling this supposedly fixes it until they re-encode the videos - should be fixed soon

Great seeing everyone enjoying hexcells - need to get back to it - hitting the harder part of plus now so my brain can only take so much!!!!

milena87

they have very complicated system of calculating value of cheevos, it mostly has to do with number of people that played the game and number that got achievement. For popular games, if a lot of people played but not many got achievement it has very high value, with most hard achievements of games that almost nobody played, they have very low value, what sucks for me, but I got over that (><)

I see, guess it kinda makes sense.

But then I see that Hero of the Kingdom is 16.993 points :p

I should probably finish the Steam games that I started...

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
This should be used in the next Steam Sale thread whenever someone asks about buying a game that isn't a daily or flash

yeah ... if you want to kill people's bandwidth caps maybe ... that gif is almost 20MB!!

Arthea

I see, guess it kinda makes sense.

But then I see that Hero of the Kingdom is 16.993 points :p

I should probably finish the Steam games that I started...

It might have something to do with idling for cards and not bothering with any cheevos in great numbers (><)

ExoSoul

Banned
No-one reads my posts :(

They took out the original codec pack as it was messing with folks codec settings and installed something else - reinstalling this supposedly fixes it until they re-encode the videos - should be fixed soon
The game had a weird 300Mb update the second time it closed, is that supposed to be it? Because if so then it still didn't work.

titch

The game had a weird 300Mb update the second time it closed, is that supposed to be it? Because if so then it still didn't work.

Was that about 10 hours ago? Seemingly there has been another update about 4 hours ago but ive not been able to test it yet.

Don't know if it is meant to fix it though might be worthwhile installing the original codec pack.

Maniac

Banned
Did you say Crusader Kings II? Oh no wait -

But srsly, PD2 and CKII are very well supported games. They earned their fleet of dlc.

The fok you on about

PD2 still doesn't have a lot of features and content that was advertised pre-release :/

Even with all the DLC there are less unique heists than was promised a full 6 months prior to release.

Deques

The fok you on about

PD2 still doesn't have a lot of features and content that was advertised pre-release :/

Even with all the DLC there are less unique heists than was promised a full 6 months prior to release.

What features are still missing? Would like to know that

Tizoc

So.... february is almost over and still no Steam GOTY. Is it all abandoned?

I hope I'm wrong but maybe some IRL stuff have been going on with MRORANGE that prob. has demotivated him from posting on GAF.
I could be wrong, and I hope so, but I don't wanna pester about it. We are likely to see it when the new thread goes up for March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom