• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
ss_d982dae99858b8b3ad935f5cacced786aea0d009.1920x1080.jpg
What the...

ExoSoul

Banned
Was that about 10 hours ago? Seemingly there has been another update about 4 hours ago but ive not been able to test it yet.

Don't know if it is meant to fix it though might be worthwhile installing the original codec pack.
All right, I'll try to five it a go later.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Sure, they should just price it accordingly.

How much money is Nintendo making off of the hardware right now?

It's just weird that this area is one of the only places where we care about the specifics of the hardware so much. No where else do we expect companies to sell their products at or below cost. We don't expect excessive hardware out of our DVD players, or demand full desktop performance out of android boxes.

Everywhere else "good enough for what I want to do" is usually enough. And, realistically, for Nintendo, that's what we're going to get going forward. Devices good enough to play your new Marios and Zeldas.

The primary reason SEGA ended up the way they did was due to their management from way back during the 90s.

And attempting to become a competitor to EA or Activision was a continuation of that mismanagement (though admittedly it was their only choice).

Having to support hardware with games is the reason we ended up with great, unique games.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 28 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Steam and Metal #2 -- MB-77B7598DB9E3D259 - Taken by titch. 4 entrants total.
Pixel Puzzles: Japan -- MB-BE61E8B87734DA29 - Taken by NingenJanai. 5 entrants total.
Gunworld -- MB-52AE704273B0205B - Taken by Naked Snake. 10 entrants total.
World War 2 Time of Wrath -- MB-195805FF2A7BCB00 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Crunch Time -- MB-A0F5C32288787F91 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
Astro Emporia -- MB-1D1C7D9ACA2A911C - Taken by S1n1st3r. 4 entrants total.
Tiestru -- MB-E7A9C1D6B5A3B742 - Taken by factorone. 2 entrants total.
PIXEL PUZZLES: UNDEADZ -- MB-7405D00467E81DCE - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 4 entrants total.
ENEMY MIND -- MB-32D132175D47F70D - Taken by Saty. 6 entrants total.
Barter Empire -- MB-89475B2F70784BA0 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
Into The War -- MB-9CDBA4304C385AD9 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Experience 112 -- MB-01574BEAD0D2A2A9 - Taken by 7Sins. 2 entrants total.
Pitiri 1977 -- MB-6EB6E0230E94B32B - Taken by SSPssp. 3 entrants total.
Into The War #2 -- MB-1047235800BC3CD6 - Taken by Casimir. 1 entrants total.
Tribloos 2 -- MB-109957CB261CA53A - Taken by sensoft04. 2 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-36E9492D055405CB
SPOILER ALERT - COLLECTOR'S EDITION -- MB-2C313361BD529CF0 - Taken by PARANO1A. 2 entrants total.

Strategic War in Europe -- MB-1C9A3E48AF59D537 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Miner Wars Arena -- MB-CF1C50C113290930 - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
World War 2 Time of Wrath #2 -- MB-F7AD9CB3D6C4FF71 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Storm over the Pacific -- MB-E7E895CD0EDB7673 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 4 entrants total.
Steam and Metal -- MB-D9D07B97FEB49451 - Taken by fenners. 6 entrants total.
Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-2038685E0A6EA0F4 - Taken by Akuosa. 5 entrants total.
NOT THE ROBOTS -- MB-D596B7751039C277 - Taken by gaiadyne. 3 entrants total.
Storm over the Pacific #2 -- MB-F3F8C5581802DFAE - Taken by Belgarion
The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-EC745FCCFF36FDA0 - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.
Tiny & Big Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-1D30F6D0D9127522 - Taken by lindarasta. 3 entrants total.
The Campaign Series Fall Weiss -- MB-251A0CA9950DDDAA - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.

t1425073099z1.png

iosefe

There came an Echo has had a LOT of patches. i'm sorry Feep, but i might wait a few more day to play it, card prices be damned

The blurb for that "How do you do it?" game...

The girl immediately grabs her dolls and furtively attempts to figure out how sex works using these plastic surrogates.

What year was this set? If she was 11, she'd probably go online and try to google it. And then get way more information than she could have ever hoped for. And that's assuming she wasn't already taught in school.

Tizoc

Are X-box's region free? if not how troublesome would it be to mod one of them to be region free?
...and since we're talking about X-box, obligatory WHEN IS THIS COMING TO STEAM FROM?! WHEN?! WHEN?!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Are X-box's region free? if not how troublesome would it be to mod one of them to be region free?
...and since we're talking about X-box, obligatory WHEN IS THIS COMING TO STEAM FROM?! WHEN?! WHEN?!

It did have locks in place, but publishers could decide if they wanted to have their game be region locked or not. I have no idea what sort of hack you'd need to perform to bypass the region lock entirely.

I would also like to play the true American President Simulator on beefier hardware. More eagles and explosions!

zkylon

zkylewd
The blurb for that "How do you do it?" game...

What year was this set? If she was 11, she'd probably go online and try to google it. And then get way more information than she could have ever hoped for. And that's assuming she wasn't already taught in school.

most developers are too old to have had internet when they were 11 (including the ones that made the how do you do it? as explained in one of their trailers)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

When Scamco decides to fund it.

Tecl0n

After the gundam/AC games, i.e. never. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
So it IS set in the past? Or did the developers just not do the research into modern children's behaviour?
i don't think how do you do it? is a documentary of "modern children's behavior" and i don't really understand why you chose to have this derisive attitude regarding the game

if you watch the trailer the devs simply explain they're retelling their experiences. that's it

if you watch the trailer the devs simply explain they're retelling their experiences. that's it

Okay, that's all I needed to know. They're retelling experiences so it's in the past. All I was pointing out is that it's not modern behaviour, but in the past, sure it would have been.

zkylon

zkylewd
i sort-of-did-it 44 times before getting caught!

Okay, that's all I needed to know. They're retelling experiences so it's in the past. All I was pointing out is that it's not modern behaviour, but in the past, sure it would have been.
you were doing so in a very negative way

there's no need to be cynical about a silly, free, 2 minute long indie game

xBladeM6x

yea but it's a bitch to upload pictures to steam this way

i already had to do it with always sometimes monsters and i don't plan on doing it again for a few years

Ah, I thought you were just wanting to take pictures for general use. I was about to suggest uploading them to something like sta.sh. My mistake.

iosefe

Finished it nearly 2 times (without the voice stuff though), achievements be damned

no cheevo's yet? thats alright i guess. not an achievment hunter really. i really want to get started on it, but i feel i can wait for a more stable build. also i've been sucked in by an MMO and that is stealing much of my time

Kiru

no cheevo's yet? thats alright i guess. not an achievment hunter really. i really want to get started on it, but i feel i can wait for a more stable build. also i've been sucked in by an MMO and that is stealing much of my time

One achievement was broken and was fixed in a recent patch. Game has no level select so I had to redo some other missions too. Still missing some other achievements though.

xBladeM6x

Since it seems that most avid anime watchers think Japanese voice acting is infinitely better than English, I'm curious if Japanese people think that English sounds better, or is English just awful in most cases? Lol

Clearly AnimeGAF would know. Which is why I've come to SteamGAF.
29-9f8f03df60fc202f468f87a488e6cc85.jpg

I'm partially being sarcastic, but also curious. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom