• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Skippy's expression says it all.
ShNdyVf.png
Got my key 5 minutes ago:
hatred72r9l.jpg

Can't wait to play it ( ͡ ͜ ͡)
Yo, buddy. Please link your Steam Profile.
I would like to watch you play.
Today really is a shitty day all around, huh.
I played NOLF in its prime and it was fun.

But I seriously don't get why so many are eager to see it again. It was good in its time. Today? Doubt it.

Now if we were talking about Soldier of Fortune..

zkylon

zkylewd
whats NOLF?
an old game that's like some weird mix of 60s spy movies and deus ex that we'll never play because publishers suck ass

Don't know any place where you can hold 147 genders at once.
how do u "hold" a gender?

I played NOLF in its prime and it was fun.

But I seriously don't get why so many are eager to see it again. It was good in its time. Today? Doubt it.

it's dumb that ppl can't access that game in a time in which rereleasing a game has nearly zero cost or risk

Shadownet

Banned
So recently my internet download speed jumped from being around 650 kb/s to 1.7 mb/s.

I just realized something.. So since the FCC just passed their net neutrality law recently. Did that somehow forced Cox Internet to somehow stop throttling my internet?

xBladeM6x

So recently my internet download speed jumped from being around 650 kb/s to 1.7 mb/s.

I just realized something.. So since the FCC just passed their net neutrality law recently. Did that somehow forced Cox Internet to somehow stop throttling my internet?

If that is the case, that would be some interesting shit. It's always safe to assume malicious intent when it comes to ISPs.

Same thing happened to my brother who also has Cox, he found out about a week ago though. I guess they just tripled their speeds b/c of competition or what have you.

derExperte

I'd bet an obscenely large sum of money on especially NOLF2 holding up much better for most people than SoF. Other than blood and guts that game didn't have a lot going for it while NOLF had style, humor and overall originality, there's nothing comparable today. One of the last gems from the golden fps-age.

Shadownet

Banned
If that is the case, that would be some interesting shit. It's always safe to assume malicious intent when it comes to ISPs.
You're right, this would be damn interesting if it is the case. That mean I've been paying to get less download speed than I've should have gotten for years.

Same thing happened to my brother who also has Cox, he found out about a week ago though. I guess they just tripled their speeds b/c of competition or what have you.

Yeah mine started happening about like maybe 4-5 days ago. Now I can download a 13 GB game that would normally take me 9-10 hours at my old speed now takes roughly 2 hours.

Where I lives, I can only get Cox internet, yet my best friend who is literally 5 mins driving distance from my house has Verizon. Cause thats all we can both get.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Backlogger

I doubt it had anything to do with the FCC ruling, its too soon to see any affects from that. Cox has been doubling internet speeds all over for the last few months. Mine just jumped from 50 mbps to 100, so could be part of that campaign to double/increase speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom