• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
While a mobile game initially, Dark Echo has been put up on Greenlight. I'm really, really digging the minimalist visual style and emphasis on the audio. Hopefully it's truly positional! That's one of the details many devs don't get quite right and it always makes me sad! Especialy since this is horror/suspsense themed.

C6411BA7D6259793778AA3188B802054FC09BCC9

Maniac

Banned
It will be fucking awesome and one of this year's Gotys

No doubt about it.
Speaking of things at PAX:
tumblr_nkf2tyaItn1u0tzcmo6_500.jpg

Necropolis

I was going to link the moving images, but they're rather large.

It's one of the few things I'm very interested in at PAX. Quite glad that PAX, Rezzed & GDC all have stuff that I'm interested in this year. March is going to be great. Not to mention I'll get my new chair sometime during march too.

Kagemusha

http://www.lazyguysbundle.com/

Late February Bundle

SheHe (Desura)
HassleHeart (Desura)
Barter Empire (Desura)
Koala Kids (Desura)
STARTAG (Desura)
Stoorm (Desura)
An Imp? A Fiend! (Desura)
Shin Samurai Jazz (Desura)
Atonement: Scourge of Time (Desura)
Polyology (Desura)
Global Conflicts: World Collection (Desura)

not sure if I should get more languages for influent
already bought a few
Learning a new language is always a plus in my eyes. You never know when that might become useful to you.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I'll be playing Hotline Miami on the Vita. It feels and controls great on it. Meanwhile somehow my downloads of There came an echo keeps on corrupting itself, my downloads on the PSN / desura are working fine.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
English patching up the SourceNext version of RE2 to play before I jump into Revelations 2.
I really wish Capcom would just put this on Steam!
4H0hyoE.png

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
English patching up the SourceNext version of RE2 to play before I jump into Revelations 2.
I really wish Capcom would just put this on Steam!
4H0hyoE.png

With how well REmake did, I wouldn't be surprised if they were seriously putting consideration into it. Hopefully they don't just leave money on the table like Konami's been doing with Silent Hill for years.

zkylon

zkylewd
death's gambit looks amazing

they should add some of the souls gene to every game

super mario souls

metal gear souls

call of souls

hexsouls

i'll never tire of eet

edit: fallout souls omggg (or maybe that's project eternity)

Let me tell you, it's really annoying to be doing practice tests for the Comptia A+ exams and getting answers wrong because the test hasn't been updated in like three years.

Screw uou, comptia, hdmi is a better answer than dvi as to what is considered a typical connection to a modern monitor.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Let me tell you, it's really annoying to be doing practice tests for the Comptia A+ exams and getting answers wrong because the test hasn't been updated in like three years.

Screw uou, comptia, hdmi is a better answer than dvi as to what is considered a typical connection to a modern monitor.

You don't even want to know what kind of wild shit was on that test when I passed my A+ certification in 1997.

Tellaerin

The order is quite possibly the most divisive game ever made, vita is currently having its 3rd sale in a row with crazy discounts, gta v delayed (again), besiege is amazingly awesome and amazingly offensive, volvo gonna reveal something at gdc, crystal dynamics trying to explain why the rise of the tomb raider is coming first to xbox without mentioning the moneyhats, nep neps coming to steam, gurumin store page is up, nightcry kickstarter successfully funded, feep just gave his new game to about 10000 gaffers for free, and JaseC is going to buy a ps4.

Also platinum games show a 2 behind raiden, cue internet thinking MGR 2 is coming. Turns out to be MGR 2 year anniversary. Well played platinum. Well played.

The thought of JaseC buying a PS4 is easily the most jaw-dropping piece of news on that list. About the only thing that would've shocked me more would've been if you'd told me he'd fallen out of love with Saoirse while I was away.

And that's some serious trolling from Platinum. MGR:R's on my short list of all-time favorite character action games, so I hope we get a sequel sooner rather than later.

•JaseC broke 4k.

Grats to JaseC!

•Feep gave away a few thousand copies of his studio's game, "There came an echo".

Nice! Is that the one with voicework by Wil Wheaton?

Welcome back Tellaerin. Busy with life or just on vacation?

Thanks, man. Wish I could say it was a vacation, but it's mostly been real life keeping me busy. Haven't done much gaming recently outside of messing with Star Trek Online and playing some Minimum on and off, though I'm looking to rectify that now that I have a little more time free.

welcome back

Thanks, zky.

Random note: I still know practically nothing about League of Legends, but I think Pulsefire Ezreal looks cool in the promo art. Just thought that was worth mentioning. Maybe I'll actually play the game one day.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks, zky.

Random note: I still know practically nothing about League of Legends, but I think Pulsefire Ezreal looks cool in the promo art. Just thought that was worth mentioning. Maybe I'll actually play the game one day.

pulsefire ezreal is old news

it's all about dj sona now

also you're an old man so i wouldn't recommend getting into league, as it's kind of a lifestyle kind of thing. it's a big part of why i love it so much, but i think it may not be ideal for someone with a life

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The thought of JaseC buying a PS4 is easily the most jaw-dropping piece of news on that list. About the only thing that would've shocked me more would've been if you'd told me he'd fallen out of love with Saoirse while I was away.

And I bought a PS+ sub for my US account even though I said I probably wouldn't, haha.

Spares
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Sideway New York -- MB-542D4D01133E2A67 - Taken by electroflame - Taken by WinterDemons
Revenge of the titans -- MB-AD6009E5457D3CCB - Taken by sensoft04
Akane the kunoichi -- MB-1D09E7F8D4B44611 - Taken by Akuosa

Steam, why must you load so slow today? :( Turns out I already have the game. Passing on the love, let me know if there are any problems.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cloud Chamber -- MB-429BA7CFC1725017 - Taken by Haunted. 7 entrants total.
Squirreltopia -- MB-FB2DB150642D309A - Taken by GaussTek. 3 entrants total.
Corporate Lifestyle Simulator -- MB-575678BF8F69474E - Taken by rainking187. 8 entrants total.
Robot Rescue Revolution -- MB-C3F363E65C284D46 - Taken by Kagemusha. 9 entrants total.

t1425110424z1.png

Also
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Sideway New York -- MB-542D4D01133E2A67 - Taken by electroflame

Been playing more of The Bureau and it's still not really grabbing me like Enemy Unknown did.

It's a mix of Mass Effect gameplay with XCOM gameplay, yet it doesn't really play to either of those games strengths, Mass Effects biggest strength, in my opinion, is getting to know your squad and learning all about them and who they are and seeing them develop as characters over the course of the game, but you don't really have that in The Bureau, they'll have your squadmates talk which is cool, but they'll never say WHO said what, and everyones personality is interchangeable with another squad members so you really don't care.

I cared more about my squad members in Enemy Unknown just because I named them after Milamber,Maniac,Jawmuncher,Deques,Titch,etc than I do these VOICED characters.

I wonder how many entries there'll be. (I'm on the dark side, lol)
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

juCB897xP9DN3.png

t1425188841z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah, Cubic's Investor's Edition DLC was removed. I was toying with the idea of buying it when I bought the game earlier. I really ought to listen to my gut more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom