• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it had anything to do with the FCC ruling, its too soon to see any affects from that. Cox has been doubling internet speeds all over for the last few months. Mine just jumped from 50 mbps to 100, so could be part of that campaign to double/increase speeds.

I'll just be sitting over here with 5...although it's more like 6! :) ...... :(

Turfster

And even then, it had a kinda weak ending.
SWOTOR might have been one of the worst MMO I played.

Well, when I played it in closed beta, it was basically NEXT CHAPTER STARTS HERE WHOOPS WE DIDN'T FINISH THIS CONTENT YET.
Apparently, they still haven't?

Shadownet

Banned
I doubt it had anything to do with the FCC ruling, its too soon to see any affects from that. Cox has been doubling internet speeds all over for the last few months. Mine just jumped from 50 mbps to 100, so could be part of that campaign to double/increase speeds.

Then Hallelujah my friend.

Xenoverse

today's peak

Holy shit.
Would that be a good number for DBXV? I'm not clear on how well those games generally do.
And even then, it had a kinda weak ending.
SWOTOR might have been one of the worst MMO I played.

The Bioware side of the game is completely at odds with the MMO side. I don't know what they were thinking when they took it in that direction, utilizing none of Bioware's strengths to make the game stand on its own. It's like Bethesda with Elder Scrolls Online, only less ambitious.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
also:

2015-02-28_00-08-28.jpg

;)

MUnited83

For you.
Would that be a good number for DBXV? I'm not clear on how well those games generally do.

The Bioware side of the game is completely at odds with the MMO side. I don't know what they were thinking when they took it in that direction, utilizing none of Bioware's strengths to make the game stand on its own. It's like Bethesda with Elder Scrolls Online, only less ambitious.
very good numbers, even better than some of the recente AAAS. And 4 times the Naruto peak i think.

zkylon

zkylewd
i hate feeling like this but i'm not too sure about hotline miami 2

i'll still buy it but something about hotline miami having a sequel just rubs me the wrong way

Parsnip

_V

Terrible news left and right today it seems, fuck.

i hate feeling like this but i'm not too sure about hotline miami 2

i'll still buy it but something about hotline miami having a sequel just rubs me the wrong way

I haven't even played the first one.

Sendou

Even if Hotline Miami 2 is shit (which it won't be come on the first game wasn't a fluke and they spend ages developing the sequel) there's still the level editor that ensures some quality levels from the community I bet.

Maniac

Banned
I was just contemplating purchasing the Collectors Edition of Hotline Miami 2.

I wont, cause shipping to Denmark is almost 35 dollars.

I'll settle for buying the normal edition on Nuuvem alongside Cities: Skylines. (Also holy shit two excellent games coming out on the same day!? Hnnnnghhhhgasm)

zkylon

zkylewd
new broken age update talks about making the documentary available for free to everyone

i bet a lot of dumbos will cry about it but i'm 100% for it. it's a fantastic documentary and easily the best thing that came out of the project (hopefully act 2 will remedy that) so i'm glad whatever little money i put into the kickstarter helped people get something awesome for free

Yeeeeesssss... Come to the right side...
this is not the correct interpretation of my post lol

Even if Hotline Miami 2 is shit (which it won't be come on the first game wasn't a fluke and they spend ages developing the sequel) there's still the level editor that ensures some quality levels from the community I bet.
it's less of a quality issue and more of a "why does this exist" thing. like, i can't imagine what else can be said through hotline miami that hasn't been said already

I haven't even played the first one.
Me neither. Guess I should fix that before 2 comes out.

u guys should, it's great

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeeeeesssss... Come to the right side...

Don't worry man, I'm on your side. I played Hotline Miami and honestly didn't see what all the fuss was about.

Sendou

it's less of a quality issue and more of a "why does this exist" thing. like, i can't imagine what else can be said through hotline miami that hasn't been said already

I didn't have nearly enough of the gameplay with the first game so I in my eyes I definitely find it something that not only can exist but should. It's so unique and hard to replicate I think.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
new broken age update talks about making the documentary available for free to everyone

i bet a lot of dumbos will cry about it but i'm 100% for it. it's a fantastic documentary and easily the best thing that came out of the project (hopefully act 2 will remedy that) so i'm glad whatever little money i put into the kickstarter helped people get something awesome for free

I felt like this was going to happen eventually. Most of the backers are pretty understanding of the game's setbacks thanks to how communicative the documentary was in every mis-step and jumps in progress. Making the entire story fully available to people will go a long way into giving everyone the same perspective.

Miguel81

Miami Disco is probably the most memorable level in the first game, and of course the great track helps. Very much looking forward to the sequel.

Golden Saucer is sooo much fun!
I can stay here all day long playing triple triad and chocobo racing, complete with their own theme song.
Really tempted to resub but Pillars of Eternity is just a month away. :/

There came an Echo still refuses to play with me... =(

That is most unfortunate! The game has been pretty fun so far. Though I have only been able to spend a little more then an hour actually playing it. It has had a few problems. The game gets stuck sometimes and doesn't respond to my commands. A quick restart has been all I've needed to do to get it working again. Overall it has been really fun and I can't wait to play more of it.

Chariot

That is most unfortunate! The game has been pretty fun so far. Though I have only been able to spend a little more then an hour actually playing it. It has had a few problems. The game gets stuck sometimes and doesn't respond to my commands. A quick restart has been all I've needed to do to get it working again. Overall it has been really fun and I can't wait to play more of it.
Yeah, I encountered it quite a few times. Sometimes after a cutscene or after I pause the game it won't take my voice commands. Made me angry, because my guys were shoot into cheese while I was screaming like a lunatic.

zkylon

zkylewd
I didn't have nearly enough of the gameplay with the first game so I in my eyes I definitely find it something that not only can exist but should. It's so unique and hard to replicate I think.
i'm not necessarily tired of it but "more of the same" isn't usually something i look forward to, specially on indie games and double specially on ones that were already walking the line between exploitative and condemning and were really really close to being pushed over the edge

I felt like this was going to happen eventually. Most of the backers are pretty understanding of the game's setbacks thanks to how communicative the documentary was in every mis-step and jumps in progress. Making the entire story fully available to people will go a long way into giving everyone the same perspective.
yeah, i'm just happy it did

It will be fucking awesome and one of this year's Gotys
not sure yet. usually i can tell if i'm gonna like something way before i play/watch it but the uncertainty on hotline miami 2 is worrying for me

maybe i'm thinking about it too hard, we all know thinking is not my forté

Yeah, I encountered it quite a few times. Sometimes after a cutscene or after I pause the game it won't take my voice commands. Made me angry, because my guys were shoot into cheese while I was screaming like a lunatic.

Also, don't play after you've had a few. Between my delayed reaction times and somewhat less than perfectly enunciated speech I managed to get my guys wasted a few times (Which of course I found funny). :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MrTeachwell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

race the sun -- MB-7E77B8090E5651A9 - Taken by RyanPierre. 6 entrants total.

t1425085223z1.png

Have at ye!

Feep

Banned
no cheevo's yet? thats alright i guess. not an achievment hunter really. i really want to get started on it, but i feel i can wait for a more stable build. also i've been sucked in by an MMO and that is stealing much of my time
Uh, it has achievements. >.>

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Well, it does tell you not to scream like a lunatic.

But within me, a lunatic sings.

No one is going to get that reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom