• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Now that I built a gaming PC, is D3Doverrider still the hot shit Tripple Buffering tool? Where do I download it if so? Guru3d has split all downloads or something.

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
I had a moment where I apparently lost my lucidity, because when he was speaking in House of Cards, I was suddenly thinking I saw him being rendered like in Advanced Warfare.

I'm a derp.
OpieOP.png

I have this every single time during the buffering image on netflix from one episonde to the other, maybe I'll post a screenshot

xBladeM6x

Now that I built a gaming PC, is D3Doverrider still the hot shit Tripple Buffering tool? Where do I download it if so? Guru3d has split all downloads or something.

If you're using AMD, I believe so. Though I think Radeon Pro can do it?
Take what I say, with a grain of salt. I'm an Nvidia person. Lol

wazoo

D3DO only works for Dx9 games ?

Anyway, Use Nvidia Inspector for Nvidia cards or RadeonPro for AMD.

I think MSI AfterBurner and Riva Tuner (included) do the same ?

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
I had a moment where I apparently lost my lucidity, because when he was speaking in House of Cards, I was suddenly thinking I saw him being rendered like in Advanced Warfare.
I have this every single time during the buffering image on netflix from one episonde to the other, maybe I'll post a screenshot

tTUdF6R.png

Eidt: it's too big XD

Edit Edit: temporary removed because of spoiler in episode discription

Edit edit edit: should work now

Turfster

how is Murdered: Soul Suspect.

i know basically nothing about it. sell me on it

It's atmospheric, well written (especially the side stories you can discover) and interesting.
The only thing that lets it down are the "stealth" sections, but these are few and far between.
Also, you can be
a cat

Jawmuncher

Do I? Do I really? I actually found myself nodding off while...well I guess I can't say "playing" it. But I'll give it a go another time. Maybe it'll pick up.

I will say those sort of VNs are definitley better for when you would want to read a book. So I always play them before bed.

derExperte

Why does a game released in 2015 with multiple trophies for collectibles not show how many of what kind you're missing in a chapter? Don't do this.

Why does a game released in 2015 with multiple trophies for collectibles doesn't show how many of what kind you're missing in a chapter? Don't do this.
I ended up only missing one in my playthrough which made it pretty easy to find. Very few are really hidden, just have to be thorough as you go about. Really silly though.

This reminds me of how much I prefer Half-Life 1's secret underground science complex to HL2's Eastern City theme.

HL1 was so much fun in the day.
Hmmm. This is interesting to me...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/266310/
I absolutely dig this kind of shit. Not gonna buy it just yet though. It's Early Access. I wanna see what their overall plan is.
From talking to friends from Gaf I learned that lots of people are actually working on hobby projects. Garners my respect very much.
I have - like most gamers I assume - these random ideas for games but the lack of programming skill makes me wish for a simple tool to put some things quick & dirty into motion.

A more noob-friendly level designer like it was more common in some older FPS games maybe.

That program you posted looks nice. Thanks for posting.
Crazy, I'm getting a hell of a deal offered here.
What are we talking about here? 15? 10? Even less??
Might want to jump in depending :)

Sendou

Finished the first two acts of Kentucky Route Zero and dang this game is pretty decent. So easy to get lost in it. Feels like the only right time to play it is at night. Although simultaneously I have to say I'm surprised that it seemed to be way before its time when it comes to complaints about episodic games. What with average of 1 hour of gameplay per an act and super long wait time in between. Luckily it's the quality that matters. I have no idea what's going on with the story though.

Kiru

Dang, that's good, lol.

Wow that is a great deal. Congrats!

I seriously felt bad. I didn't even want the game right now, but he really wanted to play Dark Souls...
guy: So what other games you have?
guy: Mostly interested in rpg's
guy: Actually if its not to much trouble for you dark souls on its own is enough for me. I just wanna play it all tonight lol
Kiru: lol sure ?
guy: Yeah dw about it :)
guy: enjoy
guy: theres no actual games that interest me that much these days
guy: so everything is 1:1 for me

later offered him KOTOR
Kiru: I kinda feel bad for that deal
guy: I told you man its all good :)
He did say he's missing HL2 though, so I think I'll give him that one, just to feel better...

zkylon

zkylewd
i just went to a friends wedding in which 90% of the people i knew i had met through league of legends. and i hadn't seen my friend in like years until she contacted me on facebook because we both played league

really strange how much that game has become part of my life. i had something similar happen to me with ragnarok online, but it unfortunately lead to a lot less fun and a lot more heartbreak lol

it's also kind of the reason i don't think i like "mobas" in general but i like this game in particular, specially as sort of a lifestyle. it's really weird how these people that i had never seen before and had only talked to on skype now talk to me irl as "zkylon" and we can hang out as long time friends

I said in the DF forum thread about the broken age docu that they should put it up on Steam streaming for free. Seemed like most people in the thread were fine with it too. It's not going to change the attitude against double fine that seems to crop up in every thread about them these days, but everyone should see it because it's a great docu.
I'm still waiting on my Steam key for the OST. There's no excuse now that it's available separately.
weird that u guys are replying to this so late :p

@parsnip i mean tbh double fine have themselves to blame for a lot of the bad rep they got. i really think doing so many different projects in so many different genres, perspectives, art styles, platforms and engines just makes development really hard for every game, which leads to some of their underwhelming releases

@saoirse why do u want that? do osts count as +1s?

As for hotline miami, it always just looked like something that would induce a headache after 5 minutes of playing.
it kinda does, but it's a really good game nonetheless

takes a bit but you get used to it

but it's supposed to make you uncomfortable a bit, like you're not sober or something. probably a good game to play while high

I seriously felt bad. I didn't even want the game right now, but he really wanted to play Dark Souls...
BRB, searching for "guy" at Steam Community...

;)

But you should play Dying Light. DearLeader enjoyed it, so did Seuss.
Looks like a solid FPS, melee-combat focused, AC game in a really great-looking and huge dense city.

Kiru

BRB, searching for "guy" at Steam Community...

;)

But you should play Dying Light. DearLeader enjoyed it, so did Seuss.
Looks like a solid FPS, melee-combat focused, AC game in a really great-looking and huge dense city.
I know, I know but I still need to buy a new graphics card for it! My PC is finished except for that. And that 970 3.5GB controversy soured me on a purchase of that card :/

Also that trader is great, we are chatting crazy right now. Adding us on Battle.net to play together, lol.

MUnited83

For you.
I know, I know but I still need to buy a new graphics card for it! My PC is finished except for that. And that 970 3.5GB controversy soured me on a purchase of that card :/

Also that trader is great, we are chatting crazy right now. Adding us on Battle.net to play together, lol.
Still the best card at its price point so go for it

dex3108

So SteamGAF i finished Hexcells and i reached 6-5 in Hexcells Plus an i just realised that you can click on numbers to get helpers (marked radius or diagonal line) XD I almost played through 2 Hexcells games memorising patterns and counting blue cells with finger on my monitor XD

Sendou

So SteamGAF i finished Hexcells and i reached 6-5 in Hexcells Plus an i just realised that you can click on numbers to get helpers (marked radius or diagonal line) XD I almost played through 2 Hexcells games memorising patterns and counting blue cells with finger on my monitor XD

That sounds painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom