• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've been put on board the Hexcells train too... Done all the puzzles in Hexcells and half way through Plus, but didn't get perfect on the original one fully though.

Ruruja

Just reinstalled AC4 on my new PC to finish it off (I got about 60% in) and my 'cloud save' is non-existent.

Don't think I have the energy to play through it all again.

Uplay why?
ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png

I know, I know but I still need to buy a new graphics card for it! My PC is finished except for that. And that 970 3.5GB controversy soured me on a purchase of that card :/

Also that trader is great, we are chatting crazy right now. Adding us on Battle.net to play together, lol.
Congrats on your new PC then as well :)

It happens coincidentally that I just last night went on a several-hour long tech-check spree about GPUs. Partially because 970's memory and price.

Turns out that a AMD 280X gives only slightly less performance at about 100€ less!!! You should seriously consider it.

And for about the same price 970s go, you could get yourself an AMD 290 with "real" 4GB and usually even better performance in games!

I have to thank Phawx here for giving me tips about GPUs. Otherwise it wouldn't even cross my mind to look more seriously at the red side.

There's some serious competition unlike CPUs.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Just reinstalled AC4 on my new PC to finish it off (I got about 60% in) and my 'cloud save' is non-existent.

Uplay why?
ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png

"because fuck you, that's why" ~UbiSoft

zkylon

zkylewd
So SteamGAF i finished Hexcells and i reached 6-5 in Hexcells Plus an i just realised that you can click on numbers to get helpers (marked radius or diagonal line) XD I almost played through 2 Hexcells games memorising patterns and counting blue cells with finger on my monitor XD

lol wtf

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
i just went to a friends wedding in which 90% of the people i knew i had met through league of legends. and i hadn't seen my friend in like years until she contacted me on facebook because we both played league

really strange how much that game has become part of my life. i had something similar happen to me with ragnarok online, but it unfortunately lead to a lot less fun and a lot more heartbreak lol

it's also kind of the reason i don't think i like "mobas" in general but i like this game in particular, specially as sort of a lifestyle. it's really weird how these people that i had never seen before and had only talked to on skype now talk to me irl as "zkylon" and we can hang out as long time friends

I feel like this about gaf.

Maniac

Banned
Still the best card at its price point so go for it

Even then it's a minimal problem that most wont hit anyway. And even then, the last 500's speed isn't bad enough to have that significant an impact in most use-cases :p

... I'm pretty
it's also kind of the reason i don't think i like "mobas" in general but i like this game in particular, specially as sort of a lifestyle. it's really weird how these people that i had never seen before and had only talked to on skype now talk to me irl as "zkylon" and we can hang out as long time friends
I know the feeling. I've gained some incredible friends through gaming. Particularly playing Dota.

probably a good game to play while high

It definitely is.

zkylon

zkylewd

MUnited83

For you.

It happens coincidentally that I just last night went on a several-hour long tech-check spree about GPUs. Partially because 970's memory and price.

Turns out that a AMD 280X gives only slightly less performance at about 100€ less!!! You should seriously consider it.mas

And for about the same price 970s go, you could get yourself an AMD 290 with "real" 4GB and usually even better performance in games!

I have to thank Phawx here for giving me tips about GPUs. Otherwise it wouldn't even cross my mind to look more seriously at the red side.

Ewww, 290. Do you want to set his house on fire or something?:p

So SteamGAF i finished Hexcells and i reached 6-5 in Hexcells Plus an i just realised that you can click on numbers to get helpers (marked radius or diagonal line) XD I almost played through 2 Hexcells games memorising patterns and counting blue cells with finger on my monitor XD

God dammit, I've been doing the same thing.

Is there any advantage to forcing vsync on through control cataylst (AMD) than just turning it on in the game menu?

There are some games who don't have v-sync in the options menu, so you have to force it through the GPU control panel but generally if the game have it, you should settele for the in-game option, it is enough :)

Opened Steam client and got this on start.
ZrVN5al.png

Brings the price down to 0,99 bucks.

Anyone wanting it, just send me a message.

I got the same thing. yea if anyone wants mine just send me a pm on steam or here.

i just went to a friends wedding in which 90% of the people i knew i had met through league of legends. and i hadn't seen my friend in like years until she contacted me on facebook because we both played league

really strange how much that game has become part of my life. i had something similar happen to me with ragnarok online, but it unfortunately lead to a lot less fun and a lot more heartbreak lol

don't just tease. share the story.

Sarcasm

So I still can't log in to my indiagala account due to their broken recaptcha..how do I fix it?

The enter button doesn't line up nor does the text in text field go away when I click to type in it.

r3n4ud

So I still can't log in to my indiagala account due to their broken recaptcha..how do I fix it?

The enter button doesn't line up nor does the text in text field go away when I click to type in it.
I clicked on 'forgot password', which you then enter your registered email address. You'll receive an email with a link that'll log you back into your account. Not sure if it'll work for you, but it did the trick for me.

Sarcasm

I clicked on 'forgot password', which you then enter your registered email address. You'll receive an email with a link that'll log you back into your account. Not sure if it'll work for you, but it did the trick for me.

Just asks me to log in via that..I tried that too -.-

Miguel81

Turns out that a AMD 280X gives only slightly less performance at about 100€ less!!! You should seriously consider it.

The 290 has been good to me so far. There were some insane deals for them on Black Friday. The current prices are much less enticing, though.

Parsnip

Hexcells would be better if the honeycomb radius helpers would be a bit darker.

@parsnip i mean tbh double fine have themselves to blame for a lot of the bad rep they got. i really think doing so many different projects in so many different genres, perspectives, art styles, platforms and engines just makes development really hard for every game, which leads to some of their underwhelming releases

That's fair. I'm mostly talking about the "they ran out of money and asked for more" "bobby kotick was right" type of posts though. It feels like that's where it started and since people were so ready to jump on the kickstarter hate train, no one bothered to actually find out what was happening. And of course it didn't help that the backer forums were private. And then Spacebase was "released", they definitely bungled that one up.
On the forums I saw some hopeful people being all "this will set the record straight" etc, and all I could do was shake my head. :p

But I don't think it's their multiple projects approach that is to blame. Chances are DF wouldn't even exists anymore if they had tried to do another big budget romp after Brutal Legend.

Sarcasm

What browser(s) did you try it with?

IE, Chrome and FF.

I finally did it..what worked was I logged into accounts email on IE..did that forgot password again and tried to log in. The captcha went straight to green arrow, so I didn't have to type anything, and I was able to log in.

Thank the heavens yeeeesh.

r3n4ud

IE, Chrome and FF.

I finally did it..what worked was I logged into accounts email on IE..did that forgot password again and tried to log in. The captcha went straight to green arrow, so I didn't have to type anything, and I was able to log in.

Thank the heavens yeeeesh.
Sweet! Pissed me off when it occurred to me too the other day.

I am rather negative about the identity of the Knight.
I think it's the Joker who isn't actually dead. He played a major role in every Arkham game so for, why would they stop with the last one?
Because Rocksteady said Joker is dead for real, they better not pull a "it's the Joker all along" again.
Naa, Anarky is just a side-mission dude, no way he will become so important.
It could be Azrael, but...I'm pretty confident in my theory. At least it would explaing well the M rating
with a brutal Jason Todd/Arkham Knight very angry because Bruce left him in Joker's end...if this is the case, I'm curious too how Rocksteady will manage the "death" affair.
Redhood
turned into the Knight? I can see it. Better throw in
Nightwing
for that
ex-Robin
showdown.

Uplay why?
ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png
UdontPlay, that's why.

MattyG

Banned
Alright guys, here's my dilemma; Transformers Fall of Cybertron for $12.50 or South Park the Stick of Truth for $13.60? I can only choose one.

JakeD

Alright guys, here's my dilemma; Transformers Fall of Cybertron for $12.50 or South Park the Stick of Truth for $13.60? I can only choose one.

transformers will probably be removed before it ever gets any cheaper. south park hasnt even hit 75% off yet.

Sarcasm

So tried a little bit of that Europa game and it is confusing. Plus the UI is a bit cluttered and messy. Don't know if I want to sit and try to play this with only one day left.

r3n4ud

So tried a little bit of that Europa game and it is confusing. Plus the UI is a bit cluttered and messy. Don't know if I want to sit and try to play this with only one day left.

Those grand strategy games like that one and Crusader Kings look so daunting. Doesn't interest me in the slightest, and of course their difficult learning curve is off-putting as well.

MattyG

Banned
South Park, because it's really great.

South Park is a better game, so I say go with it.

transformers will probably be removed before it ever gets any cheaper. south park hasnt even hit 75% off yet.

South Park has been cheaper.

Seems like I should go with TF based on the fact that it probably won't ever be cheaper and may be removed by the end of the year, and South Park may eventually be cheaper.

Well, I just completed the Lord of the Hunt DLC for Shadow of Mordor (otherwise known as jshackles' hunting expedition).

Not great. I really enjoyed the main game, but the first bit of DLC really epitomized everything that was wrong with the core game (pointless quests, not enough variety, etc.).

I'm doing The Bright Lord DLC next, so hopefully that's better. At the very least, I'll be able to reclaim ~50GB of hard drive space when I'm done.

Cth

Ehh, I liked TF a lot more.

SP's definitely got the humor and length going for it, but overall I had a lot more fun with TF. SP started to drag on and become a grind at one point, I still have to finish it.

The system is interesting but it never quite clicked for me which probably made it more of a chore.

It's the closest thing to an interactive episode :)

If TF is going to get yanked, might as well go for it.

Seems like I should go with TF based on the fact that it probably won't ever be cheaper and may be removed by the end of the year, and South Park may eventually be cheaper.

3/4 say south park, decides to go with transformers.

seems like you pretty much just wasted your time by asking and others for answering since you were gonna go with transformers anyway.

Ewww, 290. Do you want to set his house on fire or something?:p
Haha, I read about the heat problems with that card but it turns out only AMD's reference cards do have that and aftermarket engineers did a mighty good job at keeping temperatures low and card quiet.
I know you are just joking but shame that it has left a bad taste till even today among people.
The 290 has been good to me so far. There were some insane deals for them on Black Friday. The current prices are much less enticing, though.
Oh, I hear a lot about Black Friday. Since I am in Germany I don't know how good rebates were.
For how much did you get your card? Can't even imagine with how even standard prices in USA are much cheaper than here :O
Easy. Don't buy either.

Save the money for several bundles.

MattyG

Banned
3/4 say south park, decides to go with transformers.

seems like you pretty much just wasted your time by asking and others for answering since you were gonna go with transformers anyway.
Nah, it seemd half and half. Atraveller and Baschta said SP. JakeD and Turfster didn't say TF, but it seemed like they were saying to hold off on SP since it could go lower while TF is the lowest it'll ever go. I still haven't decided for sure though.

Easy. Don't buy either.

Save the money for several bundles.
Or this.

It's been a couple weeks but I kinda felt bad for bragging about getting two titanite slabs in Dark Souls 1 within a very short timespan without proof.

So here it goes. Two slabs in 24 minutes. Don't know what the mathematical odds are for this to happen but I felt pretty dope since I was only trying to get some titanite chunks on my way through New Londo :3

Khronico

It will take some time to get used to, you'll probably spend most that remaining day just learning. Grand Strategy games are not something you can just jump into, but they are INCREDIBLY rewarding once you learn how to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom