• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyG

Banned
It's impossible to say when the licence expires, but Acti voluntarily ditches the ones it feels are worthless in December/January.

But there making a T5. So I don't know why they would ditch it.
Ah, ok. I think I might grab Fall today and I'll grab War if it goes 75% off at some point before the end of the year. I kind of agree with Jawmuncher though, I can't see them ditching it if the movie franchise is continuing. Though I'd rather they ditch it if we're just going to get more games like RotDS.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, ok. I think I might grab Fall today and I'll grab War if it goes 75% off at some point before the end of the year. I kind of agree with Jawmuncher though, I can't see them ditching it if the movie franchise is continuing. Though I'd rather they ditch it if we're just going to get more games like RotDS.

Acti ditched the Bond licence six weeks after Skyfall released.

Anteater

Never had a problem with them personally...

playing god hand on emulator and because of the mashing on the face buttons i always press on the trigger button by accident

my friends and I have tossed grenades several times in uncharted by resting the controller down too.

MattyG

Banned
Is any of the Fall of Cybertron DLC worth it? Or is it all just relatively useless MP stuff?

Acti ditched the Bond licence six weeks after Skyfall released.
True. I guess it could go either way at this point. If we don't hear anything before or at E3 about a new TF title, I'm going to assume they're done with the franchise.

JaseC

Eh, we're two major sales before the end of the year, it seems extremely likely we'll see a 75% or 80% off sale before it would get dropped.

Well, yeah, as I said, Acti ditches its unwanted licences in December/January. The context of the post you quoted was the likelihood of that happening with Transformers, not the when of it.

Edit: Derp, I misread your post, haha. Acti's been good about making use of the self-discount system, but still, if you've the money to waste, better safe than sorry.

Chariot

....Eh sounds typical, at least it's better than
my theory that the Knight is Azreal lol
I am rather negative about the identity of the Knight.
I think it's the Joker who isn't actually dead. He played a major role in every Arkham game so for, why would they stop with the last one?

dex3108

I am rather negative about the identity of the Knight.
I think it's the Joker who isn't actually dead. He played a major role in every Arkham game so for, why would they stop with the last one?

Read Arkham Knight comics :D Two issues are out and that thing is 100% clarified.

dex3108

Arkham Knight is
the Joker, of course XD

Please say more under spoiler! Really, or via PM, I'm interested.
BUT.
The info must be sure, not a rumor or something like that.

There will be 4 issues of comic and first two issues are good :D

Joker is dead 100% but he counted on his death so he set up few things, reward for first person/s who bring his body to Harley, bombs are around Gotham and he said in video message that Batman can find code for disarming them in Asylum, his torso contained significant amount of Joker gas so doctors who tried to perform autopsy died and he hided USB stick in his stomach i think that i presume contained that video message about his rewards and code for disarming. Also Arkham Knight is in comics too so he can't be Joker

Tizoc

Like Eyes of Heaven.

Jawmuncher approves~

Arkham Knight is
Crazy Quilt.

screen-shot-2014-04-07-at-12.07.14-am-650x364.png

Chariot

There will be 4 issues of comic and first two issues are good :D

Joker is dead 100% but he counted on his death so he set up few things reward for first person/s who bring his body to Harley, bombs are around Gotham and he said in video message that Batman can find code for disarming them in Asylum, his torso contained significant amount of Joker gas so doctors who tried to perform autopsy died and he hided USB stick in his stomach i think that i presume contained that video message about his rewards and code for disarming. Also Arkham Knight is in comics too so he can't be Joker
HA.
60% at most. I read DC Comics long enough to not believe in death.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Shantom, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shantom, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hexcells Complete Pack -- MB-A5517FCFA25D6B90 - Taken by dante81. 18 entrants total.

t1425157405z1.png

JaseC

I'm pretty confident the Scarecrow is
just a puppet, and we'll finally see something regarding Hush as main villain. I hope. It would be great, with a flashback in which he explains his bound with Bruce, and they way he became a criminal.

I have my money on Scarecrow being the scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz, who became a psychopath after being denied his brain.

Maniac

Banned
All I know is that the motherfucking narrator of the trailer was John motherfucking Noble. God, I love that guy. He's the one reason I miss Fringe and want more!

Does... Does he voice the Scarecrow? :0 I mean, it'd make sense in context of the video :eek:

Although I've not bothered playing any Arkham games through cause I'm darn lazy, so I don't know if 'Crow is in any of the earlier ones... :p

Corpekata

Banned
He's Scarecrow in AK but not the previous game he was in. Honestly my theory is that it's a flat out new Scarecrow given the one we see in AK is not similar to Johnathon Crane in the first game or even most adaptations.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-11BC00A2804539D9 - Taken by Khronico. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy -- MB-F86016B1926CD823 - Taken by texhnolyze. 5 entrants total.

t1425157584z1.png

I went back to Hotline Miami last night to finish the game up before the second one comes out. When I loaded it up, my 360 controller wasn't working at all. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game, restarting multiple times, none of it worked. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

Jawmuncher

I went back to Hotline Miami last night to finish the game up before the second one comes out. When I loaded it up, my 360 controller wasn't working at all. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game, restarting multiple times, none of it worked. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

Have you tried reinstalling the 360 drivers?
Wait if I recall don't you have to turn on controller support in the options?

Have you tried reinstalling the 360 drivers?
Wait if I recall don't you have to turn on controller support in the options?

No 360 drivers are installed properly as all other games work completely fine. There is no option for contoller in the options that I have seen. I've also tried going into the cfg file and setting Joystickto 1 instead of 0. Still doesn't work.

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
I am binging house of cards right now and I don't know if this has been posted but yet, but Frank Underwood plays
The Stanlaey Parable
in it and
doesn't get it...
Although I don't remember the incident in the game that is showcased...

Edit: it's no spoiler spoiler, he plays a video game in it

I am binging house of cards right now and I don't know if this has been posted but yet, but Frank Underwood plays
The Stanlaey Parable
in it and
doesn't get it...

haha i saw something the other day about him and indie games or something. havent started S3 yet but that is an awesome game too see on there lol

xBladeM6x

The Stanlaey Parable
in it and
doesn't get it...

I haven't got to that point in the series, yet. But I've been binge watching the third season as well. Holy fuck is it so good.
I find myself constantly moving between wanting to watch Frank fail, and wanting to see him succeed. I feel like I'm rooting completely for the antagonist, being Frank Underwood. Lol

rtcn63

I couldn't watch House of Cards because of Spacey's accent. I'm so used to Ian Richardson from the original trilogy, which I saw last year.

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
haha i saw something the other day about him and indie games or something. havent started S3 yet but that is an awesome game too see on there lol

he's also
drunk
while doing so and I think the whole scene is hallarious. (=

I haven't got to that point in the series, yet. But I've been binge watching the third season as well. Holy fuck is it so good.
I find myself constantly moving between wanting to watch Frank fail, and wanting to see him succeed. I feel like I'm rooting completely for the antagonist, being Frank Underwood. Lol

I'm feeling exactly the same way.

BruteUA

I couldn't watch House of Cards because of Spacey's accent. I'm so used to Ian Richardson from the original trilogy, which I saw last year.

I can't stand it because my brother is a recurring extra in a bunch of episodes. He really should get a real job to supplement the couple bucks he gets from that, but it's none of my business.

He tells me that "We aren't allowed to speak to Mr. Spacey." No problem, just walk by him and press F.

Back to sleep now
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

juCB897xP9DN3.png

t1425188841z1.png

xBladeM6x

I can't stand it because my brother is a recurring extra in a bunch of episodes. He really should get a real job to supplement the couple bucks he gets from that, but it's none of my business.

He tells me that "We aren't allowed to speak to Mr. Spacey." No problem, just walk by him and press F.

I had a moment where I apparently lost my lucidity, because when he was speaking in House of Cards, I was suddenly thinking I saw him being rendered like in Advanced Warfare.

I'm a derp.
OpieOP.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom