• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Pledge $5 or more

25 backers

Forum Access

You will receive access to the exclusive backer forum, AND will also be included in the official backer credits on the official website!

Lol, why I need to pay 5$, not having basically nothing except a forum access, with my name not in the game, but on a site that will probably go down at some point in the future?

Not justifying it, but that's a common tier.

Bigby

They added episode 2 achievements to Telltale's Game of Thrones.

And it seems like Double Fine is testing some achievements in Broken Age.

Pledge $5 or more

25 backers

Forum Access

You will receive access to the exclusive backer forum, AND will also be included in the official backer credits on the official website!

Lol, why I need to pay 5$, not having basically nothing except a forum access, with my name not in the game, but on a site that will probably go down at some point in the future?

Hey now, Kickstarter isn't about investing, it's about good will. And if there's one Kickstarter project that needs goodwill it's this.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Pledge $5 or more

25 backers

Forum Access

Isn't that how most Kickstarters go? You give us a Latte and we'll give you a thanks? Not sure I see the issue.

aw that's disappointing

i wonder if it would do better if it was just pc exclusive

I was actually talking to my boy Pinko Marx about this the other day. He feels that the mobile/Vita origins could be too constricting on the overall game design and PC gamers don't want a prettied up "mobile port". He might have a point, and I think the general stigma of it being a portable title might be dragging it through the mud some. But the biggest issue has been gaining attention. A lot of the big sites haven't bothered to give the kickstarter much coverage.

At this point, their best friends are going to be the big name streamers and youtubers. Get a vertical slice in their hands ASAP to make a big push.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Is it possible to purchase more than one copy of a game from the humble store without resorting to multiple accounts?

I don't support ANY game, sorry. As I said, I'm "against" Kickstarter etc.
I support the game only by buying it.
But I find giving basically nothing for 5$ is not right. At least put my name in the game's credits, not only on a site.

Credits scroll

eventually

Guy who gave 5 bucks more - Punished Snake

But I find giving basically nothing for 5$ is not right. At least put my name in the game's credits, not only on a site.

Okay? I just told you why that tier exists, not that you have to buy it. It's basically a donation and the dev thanks you for it. How is that an issue?

zkylon

zkylewd
I was actually talking to my boy Pinko Marx about this the other day. He feels that the mobile/Vita origins could be too constricting on the overall game design and PC gamers don't want a prettied up "mobile port". He might have a point, and I think the general stigma of it being a portable title might be dragging it through the mud some. But the biggest issue has been gaining attention. A lot of the big sites haven't bothered to give the kickstarter much coverage.

At this point, their best friends are going to be the big name streamers and youtubers. Get a vertical slice in their hands ASAP to make a big push.

well, personally i felt burned with shadowrun so i lost some faith on developers' abilities to design user interfaces and gameplay that scales up well for pc.

i think something like republique (was it?) that was presented as a mobile game and then added the pc option is a bit more acceptable, tbh. lower the money you ask and port it with the earnings you make or whatever

in general i can't imagine a game not being constrained by being on mobile. like, i'm making a really simple puzzle game right now that you only use flicks to control and i'm already having to rethink some functionality to make it work better on mobile, so yeah, it's impossible that one version won't affect the other unless they're completely different gameplay/interfacing

if you're against kickstarter then it's stupid for you to be criticizing tier rewards

kudoboi

getting KOTOR to work with 1080P was such a pain in the ass. i eventually gave up.

after spending an hour getting it to finally work, it just crashes on first level anyway.

Chariot

Kickstarter is not a shop. You're donating and may choose a rewards when covering certain points of donation value. Honestly, 5 Dollars are not much for development.

I personally am glad that Kickstarter exist. A lot of amazing games and some other great stuff like the western release of Time of Eve wouldn't exist.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SpeedRunners -- MB-09695704CD426C57 - Taken by Panda Rin. 21 entrants total.

t1423085013z1.png

Kanokare

How's the update to Rise of Incarnates? Just got it installed but don't have time to check it out yet :( Hope people are enjoying it.

BigAT

If you are wholly against the idea of Kickstarter then why are you scanning through Kickstarters and finding minute things to complain about?

MUnited83

For you.

Pledge $5 or more

25 backers

Forum Access

Because you want to support the game? Duh.

Ah,lol. Yeah, I somewhat expected this stance. Makes no fucking sense at all, but hey, it's your call. Without kickstarter many of the best games of 2014/2013 wouldn't ever be released.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I already put in $120 Kiyone. :D

That's $138 in rent money gone between the two of us, Mihoshi, but we can't carry the whole campaign on our own! D:

well, personally i felt burned with shadowrun so i lost some faith on developers' abilities to design user interfaces and gameplay that scales up well for pc.

i think something like republique (was it?) that was presented as a mobile and then added the pc option is a bit more acceptable, tbh. lower the money you ask and port it with the earnings you make or whatever

in general i can't imagine a game not being constrained by being on mobile. like, i'm making a really simple puzzle game right now that you only use flicks to control and i'm already having to rethink some functionality to make it work better on mobile, so yeah, it's impossible that one version won't affect the other unless they're completely different gameplay/interfacing

Interface was certainly an issue with Shadowrun Returns, they managed to clean up some of the gameplay elements in Dragonfall at least. I'm eager to see how Shadowrun: Hong Kong will turn out since they've dropped the mobile versions and are tooling it exclusively for PC.

Overall scope is absolutely affected by being a mobile game, and NightCry has that working against it. I'm just worried that this will send a bad signal out to developers that Japanese horror is a no-no, and doubly so for acceptance on PC. I think the only other JP horror title I can think of coming to PC is... Corpse Party? And that was what, 6+ years after the original release? I don't want them thinking that only NepNep type stuff will really sell overseas.

getting KOTOR to work with 1080P was such a pain in the ass. i eventually gave up.

after spending an hour getting it to finally work, it just crashes on first level anyway.

I used Flawless Widescreen program and it worked for me when I played, HUD was a little wonky but totally playable.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well the PC release is slightly outdated since we're getting Corpse Party: Blood Covered with the PSP version being updated and titled Corpse Party: Blood Covered... Repeated Fear it has a bit of content differences so they're both worth checking out even if you've only played one version though. (Entire chapter is missing in PSP version and repurposed in the sequel while the PC version has less bad ends overall.) Main difference to me is production value though and the PSP version has some killer audio and scenario additions that I love.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
How's everyone doing? Nep Nep finally got cards! Time to idle. Grow Home looks great. Tempted to buy it, buuuuuut...

I just went to the mechanics to get my tires and oil changed. Mechanic left my driver's side door open when he lifted it. He lowered my open car door onto a work bench. Great. They will repair/replace it. but it will take 4 days. Fuckers won't even give me a rental. I told them to fix it and I will not pay for the new oil and tires too because of the damned inconvenience.
Sucks man. I try to do most repairs/maintenance on my own up to a point.

youre better off playing the mobile version since you wont want to hurt yourself trying to get it to work.

I spent like 90 minutes trying to roll back San Andreas to both fix some of the issues, re-add the tracks that were removed, and add Xbox controller prompts to the game. None of that shit really work, and i just ended up redownloading the PS2 version on my PS3 and calling it a day.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just gave my opinion, because I know you wouldn't sleep well without it tonight :D
you shouldn't voice dumb unfounded opinions that don't concern you. or at least not be surprised when everyone tells you you're a dumbo

kickstarter for people that like it is a wonderful thing and people that like it don't see pledges the way you do. so saying a reward is bad from the perspective of someone that doesn't agree with kickstarter is like me having opinions on spiders. i don't like them, i don't pretend to like them, or try to understand why would anyone would like them, so i'm not gonna say yeah tomato spiders suck, potato spiders are much better or whatever

don't be a dumbo

Interface was certainly an issue with Shadowrun Returns, they managed to clean up some of the gameplay elements in Dragonfall at least. I'm eager to see how Shadowrun: Hong Kong will turn out since they've dropped the mobile versions and are tooling it exclusively for PC.

Overall scope is absolutely affected by being a mobile game, and NightCry has that working against it. I'm just worried that this will send a bad signal out to developers that Japanese horror is a no-no, and doubly so for acceptance on PC. I think the only other JP horror title I can think of coming to PC is... Corpse Party? And that was what, 6+ years after the original release? I don't want them thinking that only NepNep type stuff will really sell overseas.
i dunno, dreadout (or deadout was it? i forget) i think was fairly succesful and obviously resident evil now and evil within and all that crap

kickstarter is a lot about pr and probably nightcry just failed at that. seeing something like pathologic getting easily founded shows me that kickstarter is truly a place for niche stuff that isn't necessarily nostalgia based or whatever, and hopefully japanese devs will see that too (and hopefully fucking project phoenix will show some sign of progress someday...)

also imo making the game also for mobile is a red flag for a lot of people and is probably raising the money and time requirement (i have to do a lot of android testing for my tiny mobile/desktop game, so i can't imagine nightcry being any easier), even tho 300k is not too much money, really.

Well the PC release is slightly outdated since we're getting Corpse Party: Blood Covered with the PSP version being updated and titled Corpse Party: Blood Covered... Repeated Fear it has a bit of content differences so they're both worth checking out even if you've only played one version though. (Entire chapter is missing in PSP version and repurposed in the sequel while the PC version has less bad ends overall.) Main difference to me is production value though and the PSP version has some killer audio and scenario additions that I love.

Does steamgaf like Corpse Party?

I enjoyed watching a playthrough of the first one enough, but "Book of Shadows" was incredibly boring to start; the beginning was filler and then seemed to just rehash events from the first game. I honestly didn't make it that far into it.

you shouldn't voice dumb unfounded opinions that don't concern you. or at least not be surprised when everyone tells you you're a dumbo

kickstarter for people that like it is a wonderful thing and people that like it don't see pledges the way you do. so saying a reward is bad from the perspective of someone that doesn't agree with kickstarter is like me having opinions on spiders. i don't like them, i don't pretend to like them, or try to understand why would anyone would like them, so i'm not gonna say yeah tomato spiders suck, potato spiders are much better or whatever

don't be a dumbo

Your example spider names entertained me; I had to make sure they weren't real, so I googled them. Do not google image search potato spider.

is the extra content mod for KOTOR 2 worth it?

Yep.
It's pretty easy to install and restores a large chunk of the game.

Been playing more Freedom Planet. It very well could have been an obscure Japanese Saturn Platformer, like Tryrush Deppy.
The tone is oddly dark though, which is the #1 reason why I'm skipping all the story scenes on my next play-through.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Need to be patient and wait for Life is Strange.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

I enjoyed watching a playthrough of the first one enough, but "Book of Shadows" was incredibly boring to start; the beginning was filler and then seemed to just rehash events from the first game. I honestly didn't make it that far into it.

Well Book of Shadows fills in story for characters that didn't get much exposure during Corpse Party with the last chapter being the lead in to Blood Drive. Some chapters aren't too great but it's interesting getting some light shed on a few characters and the Blood Drive chapter is just gruesome. Since Blood Drive is unofficially confirmed to come over I'm pretty excited to finally see the aftermath of that chapter.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO. I tried playing it on the PSP and it was some trial and error garbage. I had a section with a ghost that was trying to kill me. I had to replay it 5 times to figure out what they wanted me to do, and each time it required that i sit through about +5 minutes worth of texts and cutscenes before i could find myself dead again. The worst part? the 2 minutes of text that followed my death every time.

It's a shitty RPG maker game pretending to be a decent horror VN. It's garbage, and i bought it for $10 and it's sequel/prequel for $10 and i wish i had that money back.

milena87

NightCry sitting at 18% funded with 18 days left :| Go fund it please

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playism/project-scissors-nightcry

The point & click gameplay and the numerous endings sound good to me, but I'm scared even by Alan Wake. How I finished Dead Space is still a mystery to me.

Still, I'll back it. It might come the day when I want to scare myself for no apparent reason.

Oh, this reminds that I need to back the new Shadowrun campaign as well.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

REALMS OF THE HAUNTING -- MB-8BEC0313AD72A59F - Taken by Tesseract
FootLOL Epic Fail League -- MB-33DEC0283D630E9B - Taken by Purkake4

Touhou? HahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I assume that's one of the shmups with young girls?

The only questionable-content shmup I've played was Darksmiles on 360 because there was a slick deal on the collector's edition and the reviews were good.

Not a bad game, but the deal/value doesn't seem so great in this new world where I got Crimzon Clover on Steam for $3.50, not to mention REVOLVER360:REACTOR and Astebreed in steam auction and humble bundle respectively.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I assume that's one of the shmups with young girls?

The only questionable-content shmup I've played was Darksmiles on 360 because there was a slick deal on the collector's edition and the reviews were good.

Not a bad game, but the deal/value doesn't seem so great in this new world where I got Crimzon Clover on Steam for $3.50, not to mention REVOLVER360:REACTOR and Astebreed in steam auction and humble bundle respectively.

Well that doesn't matter to me really since I bought my 360 primarily because I played Death Smiles at the arcade. It's a really fun game!

I think people not valuing what CAVE were doing is the reason they're mobile-only now. :p (Which is a shame since they made the ones I enjoy playing most.)
Crimson Clover is pretty legit though so much respect there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom