• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how I woke up all covered in b*tches.

Teach me senpai.

tumblr_inline_mt1srhu6Hd1s2hwe5.png

Enco

Is the Dragonball game one that requires knowledge of the series to play?

I know absolutely nothing about Dragonball but the game seems popular.

jmizzal

Here you go

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jmizzal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-AC016B34B6093E60 - Taken by Default DOS. 3 entrants total.
Startopia -- MB-A0D7397C802190F8 - Taken by rainking187. 5 entrants total.

t1425236968z1.png

def sim

Is the Dragonball game one that requires knowledge of the series to play?

I know absolutely nothing about Dragonball but the game seems popular.

The whole thing is probably a lot less worthwhile without any history with DBZ. The hook seems to be inserting your own created character into the storyline.

Miguel81

That's... Surprisingly narrow-minded. Don't you want Dino Crisis VR!? :p

Really though, it'll be pretty darn big, but whether it'll be big within gaming remains to be seen.

It should be perfect for FP horror and cockpit view racing games. Those would really benefit from the peripheral vision. Monitors/TVs are just too limited in this instance.

def sim

To me it seems as long as you have a loose understanding you should be alright at least though.

Oh, sure, I wasn't suggesting it was going to confuse Enco. I meant the DBZ storyline is simply a tough sell to an adult that isn't already super into anime.

The combat seems like all the other recent DBZ games so if those didn't interest him, I doubt this will.

Turfster

Ubi's doing a whole "up to 75% off" sale now, still North America only, and of course they don't have a fucking gift system.
Don't have my money then, see if I care.

zkylon

zkylewd
Supposedly the bloodlines/houses should be the thing to get attached to, but I haven't played enough of it to know if that works as well as soldiers in xcom.

i played the beta and that's kinda true, but also not so much. it's not as fun to get attached to a name as it is to a character and people come and go so quickly there's just one huge aspect of what's fun about x-com like games that's wasted in massive chalice

like it was funny that i got a scholar called lorelai tarantino and i had her marry her own father but she died of all age or something and that's about it for her life

i dunno, i actually really like the combat even if it was a bit unbalanced when i played it, but i did not care for the whole feeling you got from people being discarded so quickly

Jawmuncher

And if you've never seen even a single episode, and have no knowledge outside of "there are guys named goku and vegeta" and "it's over 9000?" Best to avoid?
If a game is good it can get around that. I'm playing Naruto 3 and enjoying, even though i never got into shippuden.
Oh, sure, I wasn't suggesting it was going to confuse Enco. I meant the DBZ storyline is simply a tough sell to an adult that isn't already super into anime.

The combat seems like all the other recent DBZ games so if those didn't interest him, I doubt this will.

Yeah that would be the biggest thing gameplay wise. If you aren't into that knowing or not knowing the story isn't going to save it.

rtcn63

EDIT: Wrong thread

On a related note, who here hasn't imagined their pillow coming to life and watching them while they slept? It's not creepy. It's not.

Turfster

EDIT: Wrong thread

On a related note, who here hasn't imagined their pillow coming to life and watching them while they slept? It's not creepy. It's not.

Uuuuh... Yeah, sure, buddy. *backs away*

Edit: Holy shit why did I switch on images? *backs away much faster*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom