• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

I can't believe The Order was the straw that broke the camel's back for the football thread. That's kind of embarrassing for them.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

dex3108

Tonight i finished AC Unity DLC and i wanted to see how online coop is holding. Two button presses, 5 second wait, session found, coop loaded and i played through mission without any issues. :D P.S. NeoGAF club is second in this weeks Club Competition XD

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Tonight i finished AC Unity DLC and i wanted to see how online coop is holding. Two button presses, 5 second wait, session found, coop loaded and i played through mission without any issues. :D P.S. NeoGAF club is second in this weeks Club Competition XD

I'd intended to buy and upgrade all of the weapons/equipment in Unity until I realised that a few items are locked behind the Club Competition... thing. No thanks. Once I hit 100% sync, that's me. I love AssCreed, Ubi, but not that much.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
... does this thread get crazier at the end of the month or is it unrelated? ó_ò

Yeah, especially when MRORANGE is late in creating the new one. *Cough, Cough*

Everyone is killing time because conversations are hard to continue from one thread to another. I would make it, just to have it done, but the delay isn't really egregious yet and ORANGE is probably busy with work/life obligations.

dex3108

I'd intended to buy and upgrade all of the weapons/equipment in Unity until I realised that a few items are locked behind the Club Competition... thing. No thanks. Once I hit 100% sync, that's me. I love AssCreed, Ubi, but not that much.

Well they are not counting towards 100% so it is not that big deal. But for community that is complaining a lot about AC games it is fun to see that is almost the best group in coop XD

JaseC

Well they are not counting towards 100% so it is not that big deal. But for community that is complaining a lot about AC games it is fun to see that is almost the best group in coop XD

Yeah, I know, but that they were there and the game keeps track of what items you have/don't have in the general equipment menus compelled me to make the effort until I realised the horrific truth.

zkylon

zkylewd
Gah, you reminded me my own curator page is lagging way behind on updates.

My game playing is lagging way behind.

Someone yell at me if I'm not playing Dreadout 3 hours from now.
why bother

my curator page is all anyone could ever need :>

Kinda the same reason why we were talking about it in this thread. The Order was damn near inescapable around launch.
i dunno, i don't care about soccer so i don't post in that thread, but steamthread is (mostly) a thread about videogames, and console games are often talked about here too, and imo it makes some sense it got some talk here. it's kind of why i talk a bit about league of legends, i feel like it's still sort of relevant

and even when it goes offtopic with like anime or movies or random saoirse ronan talk or whatever, it's usually interesting for a big number of thread regulars which is why i'm guessing it's also considered ok for the most part (even if it may go overboard sometimes)

dex3108

Yeah, I know, but that they were there and the game keeps track of what items you have/don't have in the general equipment menus compelled me to make the effort until I realised the horrific truth.

Well there is still chance that you will unlock some of those. GAF club could be first in the future :D

Shit, really? I had no idea. Bleh. Oh well. Still excited for Volta. :p

Didn't say there's no chance, but imo it's doubtful. After the announcement the Verge or some other tech site reported that this is a new bus which would require a redesign for future mobos. Does Nvidia have enough muscle to push this into consumer space? It's one thing they can partner with display makers for G-Sync, but this is an entirely different beast.

JaseC

Well there is still chance that you will unlock some of those. GAF club could be first in the future :D

I've no interest in playing a multiplayer game that isn't CS... and even with that in mind I couldn't tell you the last time I played a game online.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I've no interest in playing a multiplayer game that isn't CS... and even with that in mind I couldn't tell you the last time I played a game online.

Ah, CS was so good. I've probably been away longer than you and I still miss it.

I know, but Evolve is dropping like a stone.
It hasn't even been 2 weeks.

Playing the Beta, I got the feeling that the gameplay would not be able to sustain interest in continuous matches for long. I'm not particularly surprised.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Ah, CS was so good. I've probably been away longer than you and I still miss it.

I get tired of it eventually, but every few years I come crawling back to whatever the latest CS iteration is for a nice binge. Probably my favorite competitive game.

I know, but Evolve is dropping like a stone.
It hasn't even been 2 weeks.

The writing's been on the wall for a while, and not just related to the DLC confusion. Turtle Rock can promise all the maps in the world for free and add in new playable characters, but it can't fix that Evolve just isn't a very tight-playing game to begin with. There will be some people who really enjoy it for what it is, but I think they needed more time and possibly someone on staff who knew how to make enticing gameplay elements. Playing as the monster is the most clunky and un-fun thing I've dealt with.

Even the OT is dying off. I will be very surprised if 2K continues to back Evolve and push it towards getting all of the DLC out of the gate at the rate the playerbase is evaporating.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, the topic of moderation policy definitely played a part, but as EviLore has said, community threads, while more lax, are expected to remain largely on-point, just as any other thread.

Going a little offtopic once in a while is mostly fine, though. Just not every single day, and the thread's been pretty good about that lately.

Well, it wasn't just one post.

Also, the post that Oddmorsel made was about The Order 1886 in a OT side community thread about soccer and to be quite honest completely idiotic even if it was in an appropriate thread.

True, I was just using that post as an example. Some of the pages towards the end are filled with posts questioning bans.

def sim

The "Big Alpha" didn't do the game any favors in my group of friends. There's a lot of tracking, running around and not doing much of anything. I thought it was cool, but it never seemed like something that would appeal to the mainstream.

Turfster

The writing's been on the wall for a while, and not just related to the DLC confusion. Turtle Rock can promise all the maps in the world for free and add in new playable characters, but it can't fix that Evolve just isn't a very tight-playing game to begin with. There will be some people who really enjoy it for what it is, but I think they needed more time and possibly someone on staff who knew how to make enticing gameplay elements. Playing as the monster is the most clunky and un-fun thing I've dealt with.

Oh, I never expected it to last very long after playing the Big Alpha (during which I never even got to play the monster because of the crap matchmaking), but still, this is really early. (And let's face it, I'm not really the target audience, so I might have been wrong =p)

And yes derExperte, it's 3 weeks. It's still a bloody steep decline for a multiplayer game that isn't even completely released yet, technically =p

JaseC

Going a little offtopic once in a while is mostly fine, though. Just not every single day, and the thread's been pretty good about that lately.

Oh, definitely. The move to Community soon resulted in quieter day-to-day activity (for the most part).

Anyone have any hints for the Gaping Dragon? Been having a couple of issues with him in Dark Souls. Right now I'm thinking of just grinding enough souls to level me up to use the Black Knight Sword, I tried the gold pine resin that the merchant near the boss sold which was working, but I died and I've ran out, so that's no longer an option.

Panda Rin

Anyone have any hints for the Gaping Dragon? Been having a couple of issues with him in Dark Souls. Right now I'm thinking of just grinding enough souls to level me up to use the Black Knight Sword, I tried the gold pine resin that the merchant near the boss sold which was working, but I died and I've ran out, so that's no longer an option.

If I remember, you just keep hitting his side.

Knurek

What the feck, Grim Fandango Remaster displays Dualshock icons?
By default?
And it doesn't have X360 ones at all, and it shows DS4 in the controller dialog in option?

Hey, that's something I can fully support in PC games.
Really. GJ, Double Fine

def sim

What the feck, Grim Fandango Remaster displays Dualshock icons?
By default?
And it doesn't have X360 ones at all, and it shows DS4 in the controller dialog in option?

Hey, that's something I can fully support in PC games.
Really. GJ, Double Fine

Less options isn't really a good thing.

zkylon

zkylewd
speaking of dead games, you can tell titanfall is made on source engine because it takes fucking forever to load a map

if you don't have 10 estus you should try and get that (
kindle the bonfire -you need to be human for that
)

other than that just keep your distance and run when he charges at you, get a few hits, back off again, etc.

be patient

Shade

Also, still haven't figured out how to watch 60FPS videos in Firefox which work in Chrome :/ Halp!

I believe you need to be on Firefox v36+. Some people have also reported they had to manually enable it on version 36, if you are already on that version.

I am running the nightly version of Firefox and it works fine.

speaking of dead games, you can tell titanfall is made on source engine because it takes fucking forever to load a map

if you don't have 10 estus you should try and get that (
kindle the bonfire -you need to be human for that
)

other than that just keep your distance and run when he charges at you, get a few hits, back off again, etc.

be patient

Pretty sure I've kindled every bonfire I've came across. So I guess I just need "git gud" as the saying goes.

def sim

Don't use lock on and alternate between the head and the butt, depending on which attack it's telegraphing. I might be oversimplifying it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom