• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
to anyone eyeing Besiege, let it be known that the PRICE WILL RISE as more content is added

yea i almost impusle bought it because of that but then i remembered i have very little patience for that sort of games or just very little patience in general

i'm better off watching gifs

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The new DLC window in Detail View, uh, isn't the best. I also noticed that games without "Last played" data now show the date of purchase.

Turfster

to anyone eyeing Besiege, let it be known that the PRICE WILL RISE as more content is added

My problem with Besiege is that it's basically a sandbox with a random thing to destroy, as far as I can see... which would get really old really quickly for me.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
finished life is strange, then

neat game, i like how it seems like the scope is being kept small in like number of characters and areas and whatnot, seems like the right idea for this kind of game so you actually get a bit of time to know them all rather than watch them die 15 minutes in like in twd. it also seems like the repercussions of your actions should naturally be way less dramatic. i made fun of victoria, i won't feel too bad if we end up making up later on cos it's not like i let her kid get eaten by zombies or whatever.

i think the writing is kinda iffy but this whole two girls coming of age sundance story thing is such a strange concept for videogames that it'll get a very easy pass. i hope they tone down the references and namedropping from ep. 2 onwards, no need to keep randomly mentioning square enix franchises. like seriously, pls stop square enix, i thought it was really cringey when you did it in murdered soul suspect, i think it works better here, but still, stop. stop. just stop. pls stop.

i do wish i had a few more things to do, not like "gameplay" shit, just interactables. like you get that flash drive and you plug it in the computer and i was like alright let's open the
MAX
folder, who wouldn't be curious about that? same with some other stuff, i saw a box that said "william's stuff" in chloe's tool shed thing and i wanted to interact with that and no luck either. clearly the game has me hooked cos i wanna get more out of it, but i wish it didn't dangle interesting stuff in front of my face only to lock it away as a piece of background. i also want more of that "teleporting" stuff, like
saving the bird
. that's pretty fun and simple

overall positive impressions of the first episode, i liked it that i could walk around and talk to people and stare at random crap at my leisure and i dig the premise, it's kinda like veronica mars which is like my secret favorite show forever so you know, pretty good

every 6 weeks a new episode? that's a cool schedule i think

I need this fucking game.

Finished the Scholar of the First Sin quest line and
beat the new end boss
Had to burn a bonfire ascetic at King's Gate for it to trigger.
Also didn't know that bosses respawn with that, so I also had to beat the other bosses at the Throne of Want.

Oh cool, I gotta get up on that today

Trying to clear out some of my backlog.

Have tons of games I would otherwise be playing, but I don't feel good about having so many installed..

Anyway, I just finished off Capsized the other day.

Love the artwork, and the music is great too.. Great little game.. Was quite challenging in parts too.

Today, I finished something I kept putting down, just because it was stressful to play any moment of it... Shelter .. Each level, you knew there was a chance you could lose your babies... quite stressful... Finally finished it, but in the last moment, I couldn't find the exit and ended losing all but one baby... So sad..

They're making a sequel.... damn them! It's too sad!

WTF! Trade confirmation emails are broken, they don't show the confirm button on gmail... Volvo please (._.)

Trying to clear out some of my backlog.

Have tons of games I would otherwise be playing, but I don't feel good about having so many installed..

Anyway, I just finished off Capsized the other day.

Love the artwork, and the music is great too.. Great little game.. Was quite challenging in parts too.

Today, I finished something I kept putting down, just because it was stressful to play any moment of it... Shelter .. Each level, you knew there was a chance you could lose your babies... quite stressful... Finally finished it, but in the last moment, I couldn't find the exit and ended losing all but one baby... So sad..

They're making a sequel.... damn them! It's too sad!

Thanks for the impressions, how long did Capsized take you?

iosefe

Will early adopter have to buy DLCs? Or will they get the upgrades for free?

i'm expecting it to be similar to kerbal. supporting early guarentees the low price. they say content will be added and the price you pay is a value of what is currently available

Deitus

i'm expecting it to be similar to kerbal. supporting early guarentees the low price. they say content will be added and the price you pay is a value of what is currently available

Hmm.. the fact that it's currently $7, and it might go up in price is enticing. But on their store page they say they are 1.5-2 years from release. I don't know that I want to jump in that early.

so wait in this rise of incarnates thing you can't buy characters with the in-game currency?

you can't buy cosmetics either

what the fuck is the in-game currency for

Well that's a really shitty way to handle free to play. Guess I won't even give that game a shot then.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well that's a really shitty way to handle free to play. Guess I won't even give that game a shot then.
it's pretty awful for sure. i don't think it was too much fun to play, the two ladies are alright but i tried a couple of the guys and they were so fucking boring like holy shit.

maybe if it didn't run like shit and didn't have queue times to play against bots i wouldn't mind just playing with the free characters for like an hour a week since there's something to be said for a free to play game like this

Does anyone have any leftover Nosgoth Veteran packs from when it was in a bundle?

I've been playing it with my brother and its pretty rad.

baterism

Went crazy, crafted Nekopara cards. Got rare background, sold for $25. So in the end, free lvl 5 badge I guess, and a slight profit.

Nekopara finally got cards? Good, Valve out of my imaginary shitlist.

Neptunia also got one today, sold all cards, make booster, sell more cards, get some delicious steam bucks.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Awww yes, the sweet NekoPara card money all over my FACE

iFxVvMV5FUUgM.gif

animeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sega removed Safe Heaven DLC added by mistake sometime ago on Alien Isolation.

The DLC was mistakenly added to the standard edition pre-order. The pre-order incentive was DLC featuring the cast of the original Alien, which is split across Crew Expendable and Last Survivor whereas Safe Haven is just some sort of random challenge DLC. DDE pre-purchasers get it, however, because the DDE is the base game + Season Pass.

dex3108

Hmmm now we have DLC manager on Game page in Library and Browser settings in Client. that is nice i guess.

General
  • Changed recent games lists to include recent purchases as well as recently played
  • Added UI listing your owned DLC in the library details view
  • Added a new Browser settings page with the new option to delete the cookies use by the built in Steam browser
  • Fix dropdown options in settings dialog initially showing as blank
  • Fixed a crash in OpenGL games when taking a screenshot or recording video
  • Improved caching of downloaded workshop items

Broadcast
  • Fixed changing between push to talk vs. voice activated microphone recording during a broadcast

Linux:
  • Fixed rare hang on launch or when switching from Steam to Big Picture
  • Fixed some text not rendering in Big Picture

Milamber

source?

edit: also you say you don't want to spend money until the summer seal but what if ETS2 Scandinavia comes out before then huh? HUH?

No source, that is my wish.

If ETS2 Scandi and ATS come out before summer sale then I have no choice but to break it.

Arthea

It depends on particular site, I can do it just fine in groupees and I see both copies of the same bundle in my library but it doesn't work with others. To be fair, I tried it long ago, both HB and indiegala updated their sites after that, so I'm not sure is it possible or not now.

edited: I'm fairly sure it's till not possible on IndieRoyale, because of how their library is organized.

edit2: taking about that new IR bundle, it even has a game from my wishlist
if I haven't bought it yet (><)

Miguel81

REmaster got a patch. Yay, it doesn't crash anymore when I change graphic settings in-game.

Edit: Whoops, it still does when I change rez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom