• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Arcade Arcade Arcade Arcade Arcade Arcade
Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan

that's modern Konami for you. How mighty have fallen

Filthy gaijins just don't understand the wonders of Japan and its wonderful arcades ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Milamber

tkhHQMG.png
I'd play the shit out of this and collect all the cards...

Jawmuncher

SW bundle sells better than hot cakes, above 200K already! in less than two days. I think average is highest ever too, almost $12.

It really is a great bundle.
It's just about ever SW game on steam for 12 bucks. Especially considering the sale prices they're usually at. Hopefully this means less half ass bundles but we all know how that will go.

how can we understand if it never leaves Japan? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

They also make a lot of money from their mobile and hotels in Japan. Basically they have no damn reason to even make games at this point.

_hekk05

Banned
how can we understand if it never leaves Japan? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How can you understand when you don't even go there on a pilgrimage, like what a real non-filthy gaijin would do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

its also a combination of a strong(er) USD, a weaker yen, years and years of the western scene saying the japanese scene is on decline, inability for its really niche indie base to compete against the thousands of indies, cultural differences, have I mentioned they're really niche?

Arthea

How can you understand when you don't even go there on a pilgrimage, like what a real non-filthy gaijin would do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

its also a combination of a strong(er) USD, a weaker yen, years and years of the western scene saying the japanese scene is on decline, inability for its really niche indie base to compete against the thousands of indies, cultural differences, have I mentioned they're really niche?
I wasn't serious! I have no interest in those Arcade games.

It really is a great bundle.
It's just about ever SW game on steam for 12 bucks. Especially considering the sale prices they're usually at. Hopefully this means less half ass bundles but we all know how that will go.

They also make a lot of money from their mobile and hotels in Japan. Basically they have no damn reason to even make games at this point.

it certainly is, for those that don't have them games

Ya, it looks like games are afterthought for them, well, except Kojima co. games, of course.

Arthea

talking about Konami, it's not steam related but great news nevertheless, EU PSN finally has first two Suikoden games.
you better buy them people! or why I fought this fight for years? (><)

Konami has
love
hotels? >.<

you need to ask? ;)
of course they have

SSPssp

preorder price is clear indication that at least one game is newish, meaning it's not 1C space game.
or I'm wrong, we'll see soon enough

Now I'm tempted to preorder, I wish they'd give some hints in chat or some pictures or something.

SSPssp

they give for be mines, this is too small bundle for that.
Also don't be tempted on my account, I can be wrong, you know.

Some people in chat and on Reddit think that Zigfrak is going to be in it. Of course this is speculation. I guess I'm just going to gamble.

Yay Castle in the Darkness is out!! :D Earlier than I was expecting, and even cheaper than the already pretty cheap asking price too.

Does it come with a free sandwich too or something? XD

KainXVIII

As someone who thinks that Persona 3 was worst JRPG experience in whole life, this trailer was very good. But it still have school date sim elements?

Arthea

No they won't.
Atlus just hates US/EU money.

Atlus really hates only EU, they almost can tolerate US, tho.

As someone who thinks that Persona 3 was worst JRPG experience in whole life, this trailer was very good. But it still have school date sim elements?

oh! my bro! P3 is a horrible horrible game,
but characters were still good.
P5 trailer looks nice, but somehow totally actiony, I hope they won't go action adventure on us, it would be a pity.

Jawmuncher

That Persona 5 was looking amazing. Such a shame atlus still hasn't made the move to Steam aside from indie publishing.

Also p3 was a bad game.
That was my favorite.

Monooboe

also i know it's a lame complaint but i actually kinda wish the game was less hipsterish for lack of a better word (and i really wish i could come up with a better word). the snobby pretentious rich school and the artsy students quoting photographers' full names and wearing designer clothes are kind of hard to feel too sympathetic for, even tho max is a pretty relatable character, and obviously chloe is really cool.

Haha as someone who actually goes to a photography school I can say that we also get called hipsters a lot.XD I loved that aspect of the game, they got so many things spot on, everything from photographers they brought up to software they had on the computers. Hell even Max kind of reminded me of my friend.XD

too many modern games do that. I'm not even sure it's my card's problem, seeing how many people encounter such problems, although weirdly enough my card gets inflamed only by open gl games for some reason, which is unclear to me.
Luckily in this case it wasn't the game but a glitch with EVGA precision. Auto-fan got disabled somehow, suppose I could have clicked it accidentally but it seems unlikely.

Arthea

Yeah, so many Atlus games would make a giant pool of money on steam.

I don't think Atlus is interested in our money (EU I mean), they've shown it time and again.
So no, I don't see their games coming to steam, unless... Sega tells them to.
Do it, Sega, you know you want those mountains of moneys!

Persona 4 is crap anime fan service. Give me P3 any day.

I don't even know you anymore
not that P4 is awesome, but certainly better than P3

Grief.exe

They won't bring Persona 5 to Steam
They'll bring Persona 5 Golden to Steam

They won't bring Persona 5 to Steam
They won't bring Persona anything to Steam

No they won't.
Atlus just hates US/EU money.

That Persona 5 was looking amazing. Such a shame atlus still hasn't made the move to Steam aside from indie publishing.

Atlus is now owned by a company that is shifting exclusively to PC development, I don't see why we cannot entertain the possibility of a Steam release.

how is this not the best game

http://i.imgur.com/xnnbhyq.webm

That is terribly efficient.

Knurek

Atlus is now owned by a company that is shifting exclusively to PC development, I don't see why we cannot entertain the possibility of a Steam release..

But the part of Sega that is shifting exclusively to PC development is not the part of Sega that owns Atlus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom