• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
It has been a year since the pestilence took our family. I plowed the fields and prayed to God that....WHAT THE **** IS THAT A TANK?!

Ozium

Besiege looks absolutely boffo but I thought the premise was that you were building medieval machines.. yet such things would be impossible in that day and age...

what gives?

Fantastic, arkham oranges crashes every time I try to load the game. it's like this game wants me to dislike it as much as possible.

Edit: seems deleting an ini file did the trick. Something to do with oranges not being able to proper load display settings. Which surprises me to no end given how I had to alt tab to enable triple buffering last night. Sigh.

It's a horrible, buggy mess.
Don't listen to the "I didn't have any problems" people, because they're the minority =p

I fell into a big black abyss in the Iceberg club and that was the end of my game as it kept autosaving in the abyss. WB's suggestion instead of patching, start a new game.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Bayonetta 2 makes MGR look like DMC 2

that is all

Let them know.
99d71d3e9d.gif

Parsnip

Fantastic, arkham oranges crashes every time I try to load the game. it's like this game wants me to dislike it as much as possible.

I was lucky and the only tech issues I had with it were some weird physics (I assume) related stuff that didn't break the game. Every now and then when finishing a fight, the final slow motion hit would somehow make the thug bounce from the ground or wall like from a trampoline or something.

rtcn63

The helicopter in DMC2 is one of the worst boss fights I've ever played in an action title. MGR could never reach that level.

kevin1025

Banned

Edit: seems deleting an ini file did the trick. Something to do with oranges not being able to proper load display settings. Which surprises me to no end given how I had to alt tab to enable triple buffering last night. Sigh.

I had this weird thing where I couldn't entire a story-related building and progress because every time I'd open the door, the game would immediately crash. Turns out, turning off vsync fixed the issue. Wat. Some weird bugs.

New Steam Beta update

General
Changed recent games lists to include recent purchases as well as recently played
Added UI listing your owned DLC in the library details view
Added a new Browser settings page with the new option to delete the cookies use by the built in Steam browser
Fix dropdown options in settings dialog initially showing as blank
Fixed a crash in OpenGL games when taking a screenshot or recording video
Improved caching of downloaded workshop items

Broadcast
Fixed changing between push to talk vs. voice activated microphone recording during a broadcast

Linux:
Fixed rare hang on launch or when switching from Steam to Big Picture
Fixed some text not rendering in Big Picture

Picture of the new DLC section in detailed view

prJ6Z0g.png

Just got a 22% off discount code from GMG for GTAV and that actually ended up cheaper than my regional price for the game on Steam. Almost went and bought it until I realised I can only redeem the code with Rockstar Social Club. What is this bullshit? Since when did they start selling games on the Social Club? I'm guessing this code doesn't work on Steam right?

Just got a 22% off discount code from GMG for GTAV and that actually ended up cheaper than my regional price for the game on Steam. Almost went and bought it until I realised I can only redeem the code with Rockstar Social Club. What is this bullshit? Since when did they start selling games on the Social Club? I'm guessing this code doesn't work on Steam right?

GMG copies of GTA5 are non-Steam. Avoid at all costs.

Zafir

Since Max Payne 3. My retail copy of that was Rockstar Social Club. :I

Parsnip

Finished the Scholar of the First Sin quest line and
beat the new end boss
Had to burn a bonfire ascetic at King's Gate for it to trigger.
Also didn't know that bosses respawn with that, so I also had to beat the other bosses at the Throne of Want.

edit: Oh crap, the new beta update broke Pixelvision.
Has anyone stepped up and decided to continue it or do I really have to start using some other, inferior skin?

Poop poop.

Some left over keys.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pahelika: Revelations -- MB-F79255338D9DB54D - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
The Ingenious Machine: New and Improved Edition -- MB-3A7A33C6DCD1FABE - Taken by lindarasta. 3 entrants total.
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-5D88D03992A83DCF - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.

t1423107455z1.png

Pahelika activates as Pahelika: Secret Legends though (I think).

Sasskins

Neo Member
Went crazy, crafted Nekopara cards. Got rare background, sold for $25. So in the end, free lvl 5 badge I guess, and a slight profit.

I bought GRID Autosport and I'm really liking it. I can max the graphics out so it looks great to me. Having to pick your team and discipline reminds me of NASCAR: Dirt To Daytona. I know that game may not have been the best but being able to go from dirt racing, modified cars, trucks, and finally stock cars was interesting to me.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, for anybody listening I still have that GOG code for Witcher 2 up for grabs and a person who's interested, should it still work? Got it through Modbot with no username attached so no idea who to contact.

Probably since it is for their own game. However, GoG has an annoying policy of allowing distribution of thirdparty codes with an expiry date in the past so it is possible your code also has one.

Hey, if you're going to spit on your PC players and shaft them, why not go all the way?

How exactly is a non Steam version of GTA outrageous?

Parsnip

Hohoo, fixed (kind of) Pixelvision for the new DLC details thingy. I should tweak it more tomorrow so that it fits better with the rest of the skin.

Skin crisis averted.

bigzgod

It does not. The only place to get GTA V for Steam is Steam itself. All other retailers only sell the Rockstar Social Club key version.

Turfster

How exactly is a non Steam version of GTA outrageous?

It's not that, it's the afterthought ports, if we even get a port of a game, and the breaking of previous games for no good reason =p
Also, Rockstar Social Club is a) unnecessary b) takes a nosedive making your game unplayable every time anything Rockstar that uses it (GTA4/MP3 so far) goes on sale, which is often =p

zkylon

zkylewd
finished life is strange, then

neat game, i like how it seems like the scope is being kept small in like number of characters and areas and whatnot, seems like the right idea for this kind of game so you actually get a bit of time to know them all rather than watch them die 15 minutes in like in twd. it also seems like the repercussions of your actions should naturally be way less dramatic. i made fun of victoria, i won't feel too bad if we end up making up later on cos it's not like i let her kid get eaten by zombies or whatever.

i think the writing is kinda iffy but this whole two girls coming of age sundance story thing is such a strange concept for videogames that it'll get a very easy pass. i hope they tone down the references and namedropping from ep. 2 onwards, no need to keep randomly mentioning square enix franchises. like seriously, pls stop square enix, i thought it was really cringey when you did it in murdered soul suspect, i think it works better here, but still, stop. stop. just stop. pls stop.

i do wish i had a few more things to do, not like "gameplay" shit, just interactables. like you get that flash drive and you plug it in the computer and i was like alright let's open the
MAX
folder, who wouldn't be curious about that? same with some other stuff, i saw a box that said "william's stuff" in chloe's tool shed thing and i wanted to interact with that and no luck either. clearly the game has me hooked cos i wanna get more out of it, but i wish it didn't dangle interesting stuff in front of my face only to lock it away as a piece of background. i also want more of that "teleporting" stuff, like
saving the bird
. that's pretty fun and simple

overall positive impressions of the first episode, i liked it that i could walk around and talk to people and stare at random crap at my leisure and i dig the premise, it's kinda like veronica mars which is like my secret favorite show forever so you know, pretty good

every 6 weeks a new episode? that's a cool schedule i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom