• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Hey, for anybody listening I still have that GOG code for Witcher 2 up for grabs and a person who's interested, should it still work? Got it through Modbot with no username attached so no idea who to contact.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm actually curious, given it's apparently somewhat of a re-skin of the Gundam VS games and it's been described as a "slowed down Virtual On"

But those character designs... woof. Apparently in order to be an Incarnate you need to have applied to be on the Tekken B-Team and had the Heihachi family go "Nah, we're good."

Its free to play so download and play. If you beat some conditions you keep the free trial characters for a full week and keep playing them. Its fun but it still needs polishing on terms of speed and combo potential but it has a decent core to work with.

wilflare

I watched my friend wreck my classmate's playthrough of Prison Architect :O

his prison was unbreakable
that panopticon works

ArynCrinn

Banned
I know RE HD is Steam Cloud, is this done automatically or is that to do with the Save Upload feature in the options menu? (which seems to have something to do with RE.Net)

Again? TotalBiscuit will have a field day over this.

Fuck SEGA, let them take down all my upcoming Bayo1/2 vids and I'll just reupload them again, plus on mirrors at other sites. I honestly I have no idea why YouTube bends over for these companies, it isn't like they couldn't beat a TON of them (not all fyi) in a actual lawsuit. But they just act like the rest of the media sharing community as a whole which is = bend over kindly when X or Y "company" has a hissy fit.

I mean, come on, ain't like SEGA has the capital anymore these days to do much of shit about anything if told NO by anybody.

Nabs

does anyone know how i can use big picture mode with a xbox360 arcade stick? , with my 360 wired controller it works fine but when i try to use my stick it doesnt work :s

Have you tried going into the controller config menu in BPM? There's a small chance that could help.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Oh my, the alpha for Asylum just came out and now is a free-roam area one can explore with updates coming. I can't post videos or screens, but call me excited.

It's the new game by the people who made Scratches: Director's Cut & Serena, both very fantastic horror point'n'click games, I will add.

Arthea

There will be no more posts meanwhile in Alpahdia Genesis, I just finished the damn game (minus one achievement, damn it to hell). If you are interested here is my steam review.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/suikoder/recommended/323450/

what's not in review... it certainly isn't a must play game, there are many better ones. It's not really bad, no, and if you like challenge probably even good, but it isn't a really good game either.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Oh my, the alpha for Asylum just came out and now is a free-roam area one can explore with updates coming. I can't post videos or screens, but call me excited.

It's the new game by the people who made Scratches: Director's Cut & Serena, both very fantastic horror point'n'click games, I will add.

Can't come out soon enough. I was too poor to back it when it was first announced so I won't be able to enjoy the goodies. I need that release date, Senscape! ;-;

Arthea

I almost forgot to brag, here is my legendary hat
18D0409C807E37C9DC8B0F2C09CE47731C747B98
be afraid fishies, be very afraid!
oh wait, I'm not playing it any time soon again if ever, time to remember 52 games a year challenge

Come on, Lashman-aniki, why wouldn't I care.
I love all of SteamGAF equally

This post is not about dragons! That's against rules!

Went to look for the store page for Scratches, but couldn't find it. Luckily, I found the game in my library. XD

That said, will be keeping an eye on Asylum.

Dusk Golem

Went to look for the store page for Scratches, but couldn't find it. Luckily, I found the game in my library. XD

That said, will be keeping an eye on Asylum.

Wait... Huh... Scratches is no longer on Steam, what? That's... Bizarre, as it's a really good game.

Maybe they are thinking of releasing an updated version? Only thing I can think of, the game was a bit old and had some resolution/windowed things. I can't imagine it being licensing issues, as the composer of Scratches and the whole team that worked on it are working on Asylum.

Even weirder as their free game on Steam, Serena, is still on Steam. And the Asylum Alpha is being held on Steam.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

wait ... wasn't that game supposed to be out like AGES ago? I'm pretty sure I played some sort of a demo about 2 or 3 years ago O_O

Dusk Golem

wait ... wasn't that game supposed to be out like AGES ago? I'm pretty sure I played some sort of a demo about 2 or 3 years ago O_O

You did, they've been pretty social on their Kickstarter stuff, I kickstarted it a few years ago. They've apologized for the delay, the big thing that caused it was that they switched engines later in development to make the game available for more platforms, look prettier, and be better optimized, so they had to recreate the asylum.

The whole asylum is created now, now all they have to do is make the puzzles/narrative/people incorporated into it and the game part of the game. As it is right now, the alpha released for the game to people who Kickstarted is almost the whole asylum explorable freely (with a few rooms with spoilers excluded), but with no narrative or puzzles, they're calling it 'Open House' alpha for that reason. Also to find bugs, and peoples impressions of the looks/audio of the game as they get to work on making the game in the location.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
You did, they've been pretty social on their Kickstarter stuff, I kickstarted it a few years ago. They've apologized for the delay, the big thing that caused it was that they switched engines later in development to make the game available for more platforms, look prettier, and be better optimized, so they had to recreate the asylum.

The whole asylum is created now, now all they have to do is make the puzzles/narrative/people incorporated into it and the game part of the game. As it is right now, the alpha released for the game to people who Kickstarted is almost the whole asylum explorable freely (with a few rooms with spoilers excluded), but with no narrative or puzzles, they're calling it 'Open House' alpha for that reason. Also to find bugs, and peoples impressions of the looks/audio of the game as they get to work on making the game in the location.

ah, I see ... well that explains that then ;) thanks

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Wait... Huh... Scratches is no longer on Steam, what? That's... Bizarre, as it's a really good game.

Maybe they are thinking of releasing an updated version? Only thing I can think of, the game was a bit old and had some resolution/windowed things. I can't imagine it being licensing issues, as the composer of Scratches and the whole team that worked on it are working on Asylum.

Even weirder as their free game on Steam, Serena, is still on Steam. And the Asylum Alpha is being held on Steam.

Strangely, I can't seem to find any word from Agustín Cordes about the game's removal. A topic on the game's hub suggests the game was removed around the 13th of January, with Agustin making tweets about Scratches going on sale on Steam less than a month before that.

The fact that the game was published under the Nucleosys name instead of Senscape may be part of the problem, perhaps a relaunch with Senscape as publisher is in the cards? It's no longer available on GoG either.

BruteUA

Really digging Apotheon. Kicked some Satyrs out of a temple, they told me
that if I didn't have wine or tits that I needed to leave.

Dusk Golem

Strangely, I can't seem to find any word from Agustín Cordes about the game's removal. A topic on the game's hub suggests the game was removed around the 13th of January, with Agustin making tweets about Scratches going on sale on Steam less than a month before that.

The fact that the game was published under the Nucleosys name instead of Senscape may be part of the problem, perhaps a relaunch with Senscape as publisher is in the cards? It's no longer available on GoG either.

Huh, that's even stranger. Maybe they plan to re-distribute the game themselves, maybe they want to remaster Scratches, maybe it's a mistake? It all seems rather weird. I have a feeling it will pop back up soon, but call me curious to the whole situation. I think I'll ask on Kickstarter.

Apparently they had a kid recently, so maybe they just haven't had time to address it, that actually seems likely. They brought up and showed pictures of their kid in their newest update. XD

Have you tried going into the controller config menu in BPM? There's a small chance that could help.

yep that fixed it , i had to open BPM with my stick disconnected, after i entered BPM i connected my stick and went to configure it , now it works , thanks

Nabs

yep that fixed it , i had to open BPM with my stick disconnected, after i entered BPM i connected my stick and went to configure it , now it works , thanks

Awesome. Glad it helped.

anyone managed to play this game?

i won it on a mystery giveaway thing and i couldn't find a match for the life of me

I was able to play one match. The engine/movement felt fine, but everything else was confusing. I'd give it more of a chance, but no one plays it.

pahamrick

Probably posted, and I missed it when I skimmed through but newegg.com has a bunch of Activision games that redeem on Steam on sale.

Prototype $9.99
Prototype 2 $9.99 (The franchise pack is $14.99)
Amazing Spider-Man $9.99 (Bundle with DLC $11.99)
Amazing Spider-Man 2 $14.80 (Bundle with DLC for $16.65 or Franchise pack for $24.99)
Legend of Korra $9.99
Transformers War for Cybertron $9.99
Transformers Fall of Cybertron $12.50 (Bundle with DLC for $17.50)
Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark Bundle $24.99

That's most of the list, there's a few of the more recent Call of Duty games discounted as well.

derExperte

If someone thought about ever playing Strike Vector, do it now.

There are about 100-200 people online instead of the usual 1-2 (no exaggeration) and a few full servers. The teams still are horribly imbalanced and the few pros with destroy you but that's as good as it'll ever get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom