• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

A bit OT but i just watched the Patagonia special of Top Gear just now and I now have an irrational hatred of south Argentinians.

EDIT: Oooh, a SE sale. I hope FF will hit 75% off by summer sale.

Divius

Not biting on Divinity: Original Sin, even though I really want to try it. Need bigger discounts/pricedrop. My poor wallet.

zkylon

zkylewd
Tell me about it. I own neither a PS3 or PS4, and the fact that this Persona game seems heavily oriented around heisting... gah, it's just cruel. Why does Atlus hate PC so much? :(

lewd
use protection
as in messing around -__-

I'm with PunishedSnake on this mostly. Stanley Kubrick is usually how I refer to the guy and I use film instead of movie or movie instead of film, at complete random with no system for using either other than when concerning film - the method of recording, or movie in file terminology.

I am guaranteed to be annoying at some point :p
let's be honest here, i'm a difficult person :p

and kubrick was just an example of just a know-it-all attitude i find very annoying. in argieland no one calls him for his full name unless they're trying to act knowledgeable. it's very annoying to me, sue me lol

Maybe I'm too. #whatatwist
the mindgames!

Play Rising, of course :p
see, you're annoying

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Damn there are a lot of Square-Enix games on sale, but I'm not sure people want any of them, or that I do.

FF IV, FF III, FF VII, FFVIII, XIII-2, Tomb Raider Legends, Tomb Raider Anniversary, Lara Croft: Temple of Osiris, Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation

Oh yeah, funny animation thing in Dark Souls 2 I never noticed before, in the snow DLC the monks can slip and fall down the icy cliffs, can't believe I haven't noticed that before.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Damn there are a lot of Square-Enix games on sale, but I'm not sure people want any of them, or that I do.

I'm not personally interested in playing them again, but from reading GAF and the Steam OT, the Final Fantasy series seems it would have the highest desirability.

I don't care about the poor HDification of FF6, if that comes to Steam, it'll be a day 1 buy.

for the love of god please don't buy it just because it's on steam. There are so many better ways to enjoy it and you'll be supporting the terrible practice of doing shitty interpolation jobs on those classic sprites and messing with the wonderful artwork that those SNES FF games have.

Speevy

Banned
Oh yeah, funny animation thing in Dark Souls 2 I never noticed before, in the snow DLC the monks can slip and fall down the icy cliffs, can't believe I haven't noticed that before.

Dark Souls enemies fall off everything if you trigger a dashing thrust.

louiedog

I'm hoping for Persona 5 on PC eventually.

Atlus the developer hasn't been much for PC, but Atlus the publisher is right there on Steam.

In 2013 Sega purchased Atlus. This week Sega announced restructuring and is moving their US office from San Francisco down to Southern California where Atlus USA is located. Their new plans as a company seem to be focused on PC.

This doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I think the business side of things for Persona is very different than when the previous games were releasing and Japanese stuff on Steam is more popular than ever. I wouldn't write it off.

A bit OT but i just watched the Patagonia special of Top Gear just now and I now have an irrational hatred of south Argentinians.

EDIT: Oooh, a SE sale. I hope FF will hit 75% off by summer sale.

While I don't support the violent events that ensued after the Top Gear fiasco, I can say that Clarkson probably wanted that to happen. It's not the first time that he has provoked people in order to generate a controversy.

I'm Argentinian, but not from the South, am I in the hate list?

You were joking, I hope :)

Milamber

for the love of god please don't buy it just because it's on steam. There are so many better ways to enjoy it and you'll be supporting the terrible practice of doing shitty interpolation jobs on those classic sprites and messing with the wonderful artwork that those SNES FF games have.

I finished both the SNES and the GBA versions so I actually am interested to see and hear the differences of the iOS/Steam version.

zkylon

zkylewd
To the Moon for 2.49 yep or nope?
murderer soul suspect for 5.99 yep or nope?

to the moon is great if you like story-driven games and can stand a bit of wonky writing. mega yes for 2.49

i thought murdered soul suspect had good intentions but was irredeemable bad in that you didn't do any actual detective work (collecting shit is not detective work ffs) and the story didn't seem all that strong or anything. also, "stealth sections" were super bad. don't buy this game, it's crap

let's be honest here, i'm a difficult person :p

and kubrick was just an example of just a know-it-all attitude i find very annoying. in argieland no one calls him for his full name unless they're trying to act knowledgeable. it's very annoying to me, sue me lol
Fun Mandarin lesson of the day: Only people who are close to each other would not call each other by full name. Otherwise it's full name all the way.

Milamber

While I don't support the violent events that ensued after the Top Gear fiasco, I can say that Clarkson probably wanted that to happen. It's not the first time that he has provoked people in order to generate a controversy.

I'm Argentinian, but not from the South, am I in the hate list?

You were joking, I hope :)

I really don't hate Argentinians, I just hate the ones on the show that were throwing rocks. Was it really Clarkson just trying to get a rise out of them?

Hey Steam GAF it's my birthday so umm let's celebrate, I guess.
Happy birthday my friend :)
I don't want any of these as it turns out.
Parkan 2 looks like a Star Citizen game before Star Citizen. In a b-movie style though.
Atlus pls
p503pcu4c.gif

Bring to Steam.
Oh that looks pretty cool.
Have yet to play any Persona game.
Not sure if there was a misunderstanding or what, but it seems Nekopara cards should be coming shortly.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/33360...31632596/?tscn=1423086780#c612823460254059325
Oh very nice!
Hopefully I am not too late and prices haven't went down too much.
I would do a giveaway of the Eidos collection, but I'm worried that the entire forum already has everything.
I don't have Deus Ex Huan Revolution and it looks cool.

Go for it! :p

I finished both the SNES and the GBA versions so I actually am interested to see and hear the differences of the iOS/Steam version.

19cnukz9x8aoqjpg.jpg

It's the best RPG remaster ever done using RPG Maker

I would be okay if SE would include the original version of the game as well as a bonus. It should be only a bunch of KBs, and this will make happy both old and new customers.

I don't mind these updates, just do them kinda like how the Monkey Island and Grim Fandango remasters were done where you can flip back and forth. But you couldn't pay me enough money to play RPGmaker VI

I really don't hate Argentinians, I just hate the ones on the show that were throwing rocks. Was it really Clarkson just trying to get a rise out of them?
There was a thread on Gaf if you are interested, honestly I think it's just a coincidence, even if it's not, throwing rocks is still inexcusable.

I don't have Deus Ex Huan Revolution and it looks cool.

Go for it! :p
You don't have the GOTY of 2011? How dare you?

dex3108

I'm not looking to start a debate but are there advantages to owning an AMD card over an Nvidia card? When I built my PC I bought an AMD card because it was a good deal, looking to upgrade soon and it really seems like I should go the Nvidia route. I really don't have a preference, ideally I'd look in the price range I'm going for and see which performs better but it seems like Nvidia cards have more advantages like games specifically tailored for them.

Only real advantage is support for Gameworks and PhysX. Everything else is up for debate more or less. Also wit Maxwell cards Nvidia lowered power consumption significantly but AMD could do the same with 3XX series.

If somebody is interested TB played HuniePop and it is hilarious XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVa0Crj1oD8

Milamber

I wish FF IV was a bit cheaper. I've never played an FF and want to start with that or VI.

FF3 is not a bad place to start your experience. It really eases you into it before the later sequels starts introducing increasingly complicated battle systems.

zkylon

zkylewd
Fun Mandarin lesson of the day: Only people who are close to each other would not call each other by full name. Otherwise it's full name all the way.
ok, if your culture forces you to call him stanley kubrick you're forgiven

i'm from buenos aires so everyone hates me. other argies, other latin americans, everyone

Well, he has done questionable stuff in the past, like insulting Mexican people for example.
There's also the issue that the car's license plate was "H982 FKL" and that's a pretty clear reference to the Falklands War (people in the South here are really sensitive to that kind of thing)
He said that the car had that plate since a long time, etc. but it wouldn't be too hard to just choose a different car if the one you intend to bring has a number that could be taken as a reference to the war.

Of course, I'm not saying that throwing stones at people is a good way to solve issues. I think that was a big mistake, but I didn't lose anyone in the war, so I don't know how I'd feel.

inm8num2

Broken Sword 5 already in a bundle? Hope it isn't a bad sign :x

While most of these kickstarted adventures (Tesla Effect, Broken Sword, etc.) haven't (to my knowledge) enjoyed very good sales, at least the complete version of BS5 has been out for ~10 months. Plus, it's in a $10 tier, whereas Tesla Effect was in a $1 tier within 6 months. So, it may not be a great sign to get bundled, but considering the above it may not also be a bad one.

Don't read so much enjoy the game :)
Funny thing is, I played the bulk so far without wiki and I had so much more fun exploring on my own. Yes, even dying stupidly in new areas with unknown enemies and traps was kinda fun. I did miss some things though, but only after reading wiki I realized that and played with wiki now but the joy is kinda dampened heavily :/
I think I'll stop using wiki. To be fair, I learned what to take care of to not miss. Always go human in an area before tackling a boss to not loose out on NPC invasions and always cut the tail. Always cut the tail!
I don't know if you care about achievements or not, but to get all of them you need to get to the Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo on NG++
Or have a friend drop Soul or weapon for you.
I finished it yesterday and I want more.
I actually never cared about achievements but Dark Souls makes me want to "complete" it all. It really has me by the balls, haha. I even dreamt today again of it.
You're going to do a NG+ run and it's going to be amazing. NG may be taking a while, but NG+ will go by in a flash. I think it took me about 4 hours to get to Anor Londo on my first NG+ try.
Seriously, the second you're done with the game, go right back in w/ your character and see what you can break. NG+ is a load of fun.
Yep, probably gonna do that. Ha, but I also could start Dark Souls 2 immediately after that though! What sweet decision to make :)
You don't have the GOTY of 2011? How dare you?
I have the original though! That counts for something ;)

Milamber

i'm from buenos aires so everyone hates me. other argies, other latin americans, everyone

My knowledge of South America is nearly non-existent. The only reason I know about the British hate of the Falklands War is because it was mentioned in a Japanese anime about a bunch of anthromorphic girls who are really guns and a British rifle girl there was talking about how unreliable she was to the British soldiers during that war.

Uuuuh... so yeah, I really don't know anything about South America, so why do they hate you again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom