• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played through FFXIII with a fairly steady 30fps but it seems like I'm the minority.

However, I'm apparently back in the majority when it comes to FFXIII-2, as it runs like ass for me. I love the game, but it's really hard to play at 15-25fps in 720p. It could just be my hardware since I'm on an HD7850 that's a few years old now although, like I said, FFXIII ran fine.

So yeah, I'd say it's kinda wonky.

Hmm. I hope they'll update it when LR comes out like they updated XIII-1 when XIII-2 came out but it just seems like they're putting as small an effort as possible with these ports. Kind of a shame, really.

Pachimari

I just played the Talos Principle demo, and it's super addicting and captivating. I love the visuals and being in that place solving puzzles. Unfortunately I could only solve the easy one heh.

I still haven't started up FFXIII, is it worth playing on PC or should I keep the PS3 version?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just played the Talos Principle demo, and it's super addicting and captivating. I love the visuals and being in that place solving puzzles. Unfortunately I could only solve the easy one heh.

I still haven't started up FFXIII, is it worth playing on PC or should I keep the PS3 version?

The PS3 version is completely redundant if you have a remotely decent PC.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
guys should I buy all these Final Fantasy games?

Because I kinda want to buy all these Final Fantasy games.

Grief.exe

Hmm. I hope they'll update it when LR comes out like they updated XIII-1 when XIII-2 came out but it just seems like they're putting as small an effort as possible with these ports. Kind of a shame, really.

I played through FFXIII with a fairly steady 30fps but it seems like I'm the minority.

However, I'm apparently back in the majority when it comes to FFXIII-2, as it runs like ass for me. I love the game, but it's really hard to play at 15-25fps in 720p. It could just be my hardware since I'm on an HD7850 that's a few years old now although, like I said, FFXIII ran fine.

So yeah, I'd say it's kinda wonky.

What were they thinking with these ports?

No resolution options
Massive frame time issues
Compressed movies
Including dual languages with the base game instead of a separate DLC app

Square was attempting to being these over at as low a cost as possible, but some of these issues defy logic.

Pachimari

rtcn63

Dont remind me of that. cant even trade my 970 :(

EDIT: honestly, it's still an amazing card, but im so pissed at nvidia.

I'd be too. I was considering a 970 if funds were right, but I'll now likely stick with my 670 2GB until Oculus Rift drops for a bit, and I have to muster a new rig to handle its requirements. I don't mind 30FPS that much.

I'm not playing anything, just want to pop back in and say hi.

Sounds like you won't be playing them any time soon. Wait for better sale?

The only truly classic FF on steam is FFIV and even then it's the DS remake, which some consider to not be the best means to play that game.

but hey, at least FFIII has an option for saving outside of save points so it might be the best version of that so-so FF game.

edit: I guess FFVII is considered a classic but i find that it hasn't aged as well as the pre-FFVII games have

I'd be too. I was considering a 970 if funds were right, but I'll now likely stick with my 670 2GB until Oculus Rift drops for a bit, and I have to muster a new rig to handle its requirements. I don't mind 30FPS that much.
Funnily enough, i was in that situation, with a 670. Well, its not like i could trade it back or have the money to get a 980, seeing i dont really like AMD cards.

PS: i miss your avatar :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What were they thinking with these ports?

No resolution options
Massive frame time issues
Compressed movies
Including dual languages with the base game instead of a separate DLC app

Square was attempting to being these over at as low a cost as possible, but some of these issues defy logic.

At least they've added a "launcher" to each that has resolution and graphics options - even though they're the same options people had with GeDoSaTo and have the same issues that Durante ran into.

So yes, very lazy. It's pretty obvious that they just copied Durante's fixes.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec a diam lectus. Sed sit amet ipsum mauris. Maecenas congue ligula ac quam viverra nec consectetur ante hendrerit. Donec et mollis dolor. Praesent et diam eget libero egestas mattis sit amet vitae augue. Nam tincidunt congue enim, ut porta lorem lacinia consectetur. Donec ut libero sed arcu vehicula ultricies a non tortor. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean ut gravida lorem. Ut turpis felis, pulvinar a semper sed, adipiscing id dolor. Pellentesque auctor nisi id magna consequat sagittis. Curabitur dapibus enim sit amet elit pharetra tincidunt feugiat nisl imperdiet. Ut convallis libero in urna ultrices accumsan. Donec sed odio eros. Donec viverra mi quis quam pulvinar at malesuada arcu rhoncus. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. In rutrum accumsan ultricies. Mauris vitae nisi at sem facilisis semper ac in est.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Whispered World Special Edition -- MB-7BF3B3B5166ADC41 - Taken by Cth. 4 entrants total.

t1423165339z1.png

Old bundle spares.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

White Noise Online -- MB-8FD623B8C99F8765 - Taken by Wark
Scourge: Outbreak Ambrosia Bundle -- MB-F02F06E0E1A7ACE2 - Taken by 7Sins
Claustrophobia: The Downward Struggle -- MB-A8F2FB94ED5046B0 - Taken by HoosTrax
War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-550A505F0D9A9524 - Taken by Conrad Link
Dracula 2: The Last Sanctuary -- MB-C5C249A3BA91FCA7 - Taken by Sammichu
Coldfire Keep -- MB-4E6EFBEC859DABA1 - Taken by TestMonkey
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-B62CD4597344189A - Taken by VisceralBowl
Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon -- MB-0B5D092865191510 - Taken by Blu(e)
Woodcutter Simulator 2013 Gold Edition -- MB-5917F6294AEBA74D - Taken by Meowtor
Sacraboar -- MB-2DCC6D721553DB92 - Taken by WinterDemons
xheRJRF.gif
Airport Simulator 2014 -- MB-53CAE3205B4A3954 - Taken by lindarasta
Dracula: The Resurrection -- MB-96914E499D5C7A7E - Taken by electroflame
Yury (my or may not work) -- MB-057D849F01077847 - Taken by titch
Skyscraper Simulator -- MB-F21614E89CD5721F - Taken by Henry Swanson
xheRJRF.gif
Towtruck Simulator 2015 -- MB-257FC301E5360B92 - Taken by fuzzy123
Third Eye Crime -- MB-C2090A7438C61964 - Taken by Saty
Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-3EBE5A2D9F145E4D - Taken by flashbandit16
Warehouse & Logistics Simulator: Hell's Warehouse DLC -- MB-0883995FB74D9163 - Taken by Locust

I'm not looking to start a debate but are there advantages to owning an AMD card over an Nvidia card? When I built my PC I bought an AMD card because it was a good deal, looking to upgrade soon and it really seems like I should go the Nvidia route. I really don't have a preference, ideally I'd look in the price range I'm going for and see which performs better but it seems like Nvidia cards have more advantages like games specifically tailored for them.

derExperte

So Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris isn't any good, huh?
Man I absolutely loved Guardian of Light and couldn't wait for there to be a sequel...

I didn't get the impression that it's bad but there was no buzz and a step back compared to Guardian so one cared.

Btw. there's a 4 pack which again means cheap copies from traders.

HoosTrax

what a great chant. thank you Karen Traviss
Interesting, didn't know about the backstory re: the Mandalorian language.

Another similar piece from a completely different sci-fi universe was "Angels of Death", from Dawn of War II. The sound quality is too low for me to make out what language they're chanting in. Not sure if it's Latin, which would fit the Imperium motif, or a fictitious language.

EDIT: Found an explanation of the song:

Idivas, evo nos sudoni

Arhan asuvi varro

Ave - ni mach fordena (Misheard for: “For then we march for Terra”)

Avis, esu si surro

In avis, in novas, farsoni

Invere, vesu ves ni vox

Ire vas sumeni doni

Est vox menidis, varro

It’s a mix of High Latin, Greek and Old Norse. It’s a song about angels who brings death to all.

Regarding the third verse, I've always misheard it as "and here, we march for Emperor!".

zkylon

zkylewd
PunishedSnake is very nice, he is not annoying.
I also call movie, films, and refer to Mr. Kubrick by his full name.
jeez when did people become such stuckups

i'm just fucking around

Why do you spend money on film classes while you can learn the same things on Wikipedia or so? They also refer to Kubrick as "Stan", so you shoould be happy :D
I mean, you can evade boring dudes on those classes, learn something and spare some money at the same time!
well it wasn't like film analysis which is pretty fun and not everyone was annoying. i just hanged out with hippies and teach was pretty down-to-earth and we used to talk about shitty movies and stuff

glad you're tolerating my teasing unlike some ¬¬

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
how about Divinity? Worth 23 bucks? I usually don't spend more than 20 dollars on a computer game.

Nzyme32

I'm with PunishedSnake on this mostly. Stanley Kubrick is usually how I refer to the guy and I use film instead of movie or movie instead of film, at complete random with no system for using either other than when concerning film - the method of recording, or movie in file terminology.

I am guaranteed to be annoying at some point :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom