• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, no I meant this original.
latest
I see, I thought you were talking about the original DX:HR app.

The entire Eidos Anthology is 85% (£24) off. Damn, I should have waited as I bought everything except the Tomb Raider collection for £29.07! Add the Tomb Raider collection for an additional £12 and I've been boned £19 :( Nevermind, will not do it again.

zkylon

zkylewd
My knowledge of South America is nearly non-existent. The only reason I know about the British hate of the Falklands War is because it was mentioned in a Japanese anime about a bunch of anthromorphic girls who are really guns and a British rifle girl there was talking about how unreliable she was to the British soldiers during that war.

Uuuuh... so yeah, I really don't know anything about South America, so why do they hate you again?
well buenos aires is the argie capital and ppl in argieland hate buenos airans (with good reason) and ppl from other countries hate argies (with good reason) and stuff

i think there's a stereotype that argies and buenos airans in general are full of themselves and that they look down on other people. probably not completely unwarranted but obviously that's not me, i'm my own brand of obnoxious :p

i dont hate you D:
Half of me hates you.
obviously not everyone, but from experience i have gotten pretty bad looks and pretty cold welcomes

My knowledge of South America is nearly non-existent. The only reason I know about the British hate of the Falklands War is because it was mentioned in a Japanese anime about a bunch of anthromorphic girls who are really guns and a British rifle girl there was talking about how unreliable she was to the British soldiers during that war.

Uuuuh... so yeah, I really don't know anything about South America, so why do they hate you again?

Other latin americans hate us because most Argentinians are way too uptight and believe that they are better than the rest of the region.
And I guess that parts of Argentina hate Buenos Aires (and Provincia de Buenos Aires) because we have more stuff here than they have.

Deitus

Capcom and NT, pls make the lock on reticle bigger.

You're joking right? That reticle is already way too damn big. I mean I'm glad that they are adding in manual lock-on at all, so I won't complain too much, but I wish it was a bit more subtle.

Extra extra

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Whispered World Special Edition -- MB-DD0A38F02E667A53 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars -- MB-4AF90179A419EF70 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 2 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror -- MB-CE04E53C94E5DD8E - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.

t1423169479z1.png

Lain

Humble spares

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Sword 1: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut -- MB-77692D1DFD37C300 - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.
The Whispered World Special Edition -- MB-BAF88FB335D200E2 - Taken by Speevy. 2 entrants total.
The Detail Episode 1 - Where the Dead Lie -- MB-9382404E3E60E86D - Taken by mrks. 2 entrants total.
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- MB-76181E8FC4136610 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 3 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror -- MB-379678E50C12CFC1 - Taken by 7Sins. 1 entrants total.

t1423169539z1.png

Turfster

Groupees Space bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Solar Struggle
  • Mysterious Space (gl)
TIER 2: 3$
  • Kinetic Void
  • Zigfrak
  • UFO Aftershock

They've also got a preorder for a new Bundle in a Box up for 1.5$

zkylon

zkylewd
Other latin americans hate us because most Argentinians are way too uptight and believe that they are better than the rest of the region.
And I guess that parts of Argentina hate Buenos Aires (and Provincia de Buenos Aires) because we have more stuff here than they have.
i think that's a bit shortsighted as there's a lot of bad history between buenos aires and the rest of the country (as well as argieland and the rest of the world)

i don't think most argies are too uptight or believe they're better either, i think it's like everywhere else where the bad sadly make a bigger impact than the good.

i think that's a bit shortsighted as there's a lot of bad history between buenos aires and the rest of the country (as well as argieland and the rest of the world)

i don't think most argies are too uptight or believe they're better either, i think it's like everywhere else where the bad sadly make a bigger impact than the good.

Yeah, I was a bit too quick there. There's a lot of argie people that think that they are better than the rest of the region though. Maybe I'm unlucky and just had the displeasure of bumping into those types instead of the common Argentine person, but I've found a lot of them so I based my judgement on that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Have you played it on Steam? I don't want a version of the game that sucks.

Final Fantasy VIII on Steam is the best version that's been released in my opinion. The only thing that's lacking is the music which can be modded to be good again. I played it when it was first released on Steam and it did have a weird texture popping issue with the overworld maps but I assume that's been fixed (although, knowing SE, maybe not).

Otherwise as Milamber said it's a great game and arguably the best pre-PS3 era Final Fantasy game on Steam.

III and IV are also very good, but they are 3D remakes of a NES and SNES game that were originally made for the DS, so I'm not sure where that fits in your definition of pre-PS3.

zkylon

zkylewd
zkylon's terrible ff ranking: 7 > tactics > 6 (the terra one) > 8 > 12 > 9 > 10

haven't played any of the others

i don't think ff7 is the best game of all times or whatever, i just think it's the most memorable of the final fantasies and the one that had the biggest impact on me

ff9 is really low cos i didn't like it much at the time but i think it may rank better if i played it again

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Obligatory Final Fantasy VIII comparison shots (PS1 vs PC)

I tried to find images that were about the same size (PS1 obviously stretched) and basically the same image.

Milamber

zkylon's terrible ff ranking: 7 > tactics > 6 (the terra one) > 8 > 12 > 9 > 10

haven't played any of the others

i don't think ff7 is the best game of all times or whatever, i just think it's the most memorable of the final fantasies and the one that had the biggest impact on me

ff9 is really low cos i didn't like it much at the time but i think it may rank better if i played it again

I don't like how low FF9 is on that ranking system. At least before FF12.

Kaleinc

Banned
You're joking right? That reticle is already way too damn big. I mean I'm glad that they are adding in manual lock-on at all, so I won't complain too much, but I wish it was a bit more subtle.
The bold part is exactly what I meant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpN-8yY2T-A
There's also this one, but it's old
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcyUPmqzD2g
Worst trailer ever, since there's the main character running for ten minutes :l
My goodness, this game looks incredibly good :O
Such a detailed and huge map for the demo alone? Wonder how the final game will turn out then, hah!
I really love the animal and enemy designs as well. Very nice looking.

But there are some things which make me wonder. For one, while the map is huge will SE be able to actually fill it with stuff to do? So far there was a lot of running around which isn't inherently bad. I actually love to walk and explore the world. But after having seen all it would be very important to have things to do as well.

Another thing is the world itself. It really is very different from other Final Fantasies. The world looks almost hyper realistic. The trees, streets, cabins, gas station, grass, rocks. The animals don't fit at all. At least not in those videos. There were other areas which looked very fantastic and thus everything fit very well. I don't know, it's obviously best to wait for the actual game to come out.

At last I am kinda annoyed that your party contains of only men. A little eye candy would have been so good. Especially considering how beautiful the game in general looks.

Stunning!

It is confirmed for PC I hope?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
FF7 is overrated as hell but FF8 has one of the worst protagonists. I dont know which to pick.

EDIT:Both are good games tho before grabbing the pitchforks.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't like how low FF9 is on that ranking system. At least before FF12.
i actually really liked ff12 even tho it's the only one of the list that i haven't finished

i'm not a fan of the single player mmolike thing but it kind of blew my mind back then to set up the ai for my partymembers and how open the character system was

I tried to find images that were about the same size (PS1 obviously stretched) and basically the same image.

EDIT: okay second image isn't working quite right... :(
wtf

Speevy

Banned

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-6830E91070947367 - Taken by ExoSoul. 6 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-CF6ECDDD5D09F444 - Taken by Mr. Doop. 31 entrants total.
Final Fantasy VII -- MB-CD7B5E7FD1425013 - Taken by WinterDemons. 29 entrants total.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 -- MB-12BFECB15DC58365 - Taken by texhnolyze. 51 entrants total.
Final Fantasy XIII -- MB-BAAEDD9654A81483 - Taken by Shalashaska. 38 entrants total.
Final Fantasy VIII -- MB-1BF19DEE9C77172C - Taken by Grief.exe. 34 entrants total.

t1423180519z1.png

Lain

What were they thinking with these ports?

No resolution options
Massive frame time issues
Compressed movies
Including dual languages with the base game instead of a separate DLC app

Square was attempting to being these over at as low a cost as possible, but some of these issues defy logic.

They were thinking "we're making these games available on our streaming service and for that we're making cheap PC version, why don't we also sell them since we're at it?".

zkylon

zkylewd

now that you fixed it, i still don't get it, what the fuck is wrong with the first version and which one is that?

Ubi Kiev ... of course ... I'm sure it'll be a great port ... what could possibly go wrong?
just leave it to ubi montreal to port it!

oh wait!

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Heavy Fire Afghanistan -- MB-05B15C2C77563E1B - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Viktor -- MB-2685C07B94FB5C12 - Taken by SSPssp. 7 entrants total.
Parkan II -- MB-5741278194231258 - Taken by freshVeggie. 2 entrants total.
Dementium II HD -- MB-E0D6790143980B13 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 4 entrants total.
Broken Sword 1 -- MB-512E3BDED41A6509 - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Life of Pixel -- MB-42B62FE23F4DDA49 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
Dracula 4 and 5 -- MB-35E28E96F6719855 - Taken by cardinalmind. 1 entrants total.

Dead Effect -- MB-8965DCD1A403BD68 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
The Whispered World -- MB-C5B67801675ACD02 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-5DEC783832FDF54B - Taken by daydream. 5 entrants total.
ZIGFRAK -- MB-4AF63252747508F9
Fancy Skulls -- MB-CEDAD2945C3C7196 - Taken by chronomac. 5 entrants total.

t1423180099z1.png

jshackles

now that you fixed it, i still don't get it, what the fuck is wrong with the first version and which one is that?

The first image is the PS1 version which was originally rendered at 320x240 (aka, terrible)

The second image is basically the same scene but on the PC version. The background looks the same because they didn't do anything to increase the static background resolution in the game. But the character models are obviously quite improved upon.

Deitus

The first image is from the PS1 version. The character models were fairly detailed, but the resolution was so low that they frequently looked like jaggy messes outside of cutscenes.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

SOULBRINGER -- MB-74DD1D8B2597FCF0 - Taken by autoduelist
DEPTH HUNTER 2 DEEP DIVE -- MB-F44B40AA00DA6D92

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Bundle stuff.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

The Detail: Episode 1 -- MB-51389AFF159E1A13 - Taken by nightstorm. 4 entrants total.
Draconian Wars -- MB-8AD7906337131ED8 - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
Viktor -- MB-2F59537DEAE83787 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 4 entrants total.

t1423171279z1.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
yep... and I just saw the P5 trailer... looks like more P4 fucking garbage.. I'm done w/ this series, it was always shittier than SMT anyways

Im keeping my eye on P5 til I see how the character personalities are and the main plot. Also will keep an eye on the dungeon design cause that was always awful.

I actually prefer the pixely PS1 looks.
Has its distinct charm and will always age better than the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom