• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Haha as someone who actually goes to a photography school I can say that we also get called hipsters a lot.XD I loved that aspect of the game, they got so many things spot on, everything from photographers they brought up to software they had on the computers. Hell even Max kind of reminded me of my friend.XD

i mean, it reminded me a lot of people i know from my film class that would do specially annoying things like saying stanley kubrick instead of just kubrick or keep calling movies "film" and some other shit like that. really annoying heh

i know it's sort of accurate cos i've taken some photography classes and ran into people like that but also run to a lot more down-to-earth enjoyable folks :p

Atlus pls
p503pcu4c.gif

Bring to Steam.
fuck

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Danj

autoduelist

I'm just happy that Enhanced Steam is more or less a "break even" project now, considering it used to be that I had to pay out of pocket for server expenses every month. I'm okay with it just being a hobby project, but it does get hectic sometimes (like now) when my actual paying job gets more demanding this time of year. Like - I was in the office for about 15 hours yesterday and today's looking like it might be 12-13.

If I was at Valve I would have poached you by now. Or PSN or some other related venture, actually.

HoosTrax

Ugh, and I thought things were improving too. How does the store stay up during Winter Sale but go down for a regular weekend sale?

Maybe they boost their server capacity during certain times?

HoosTrax

Not seeing specific franchise days happening, judging by the discounts across the board.
Ah you're probably right. There's already stuff discounted 80-85%.

Sqeenix probably just values their FF franchise higher than their other stuff, so it never gets as high of a discount.

Time to take that inspiration and update DSPTDE so that every patch doesn't break the fix. And use modern tools (DX11,12) in the first place.

How can you suggest such a thing? If they used modern tools in the first place then they wouldn't be able to sell a DX11 version now.

Speevy

Banned
I don't want any of these as it turns out.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Axis Game Factory's AGFPRO v2 -- MB-C4DC1B5EE5C79E33 - Taken by anastef
Ubersoldier II -- MB-0A78715B8C979645 - Taken by topyy
AGFPRO - Drone Kombat FPS Multiplayer DLC -- MB-56FE54235E01B51A - Taken by Kurt Russell
Parkan II -- MB-E7362F5D3B75B02C - Taken by factorone
Dementium II HD -- MB-49CFEEC956EE8F21 - Taken by Madridista
Heavy Fire: Afghanistan -- MB-1B9DE975E28C051C - Taken by Abomination
Dead Effect -- MB-69E2307DCF5C1E29 - Taken by chronomac
Fancy Skulls -- MB-28D1196EA2928CAB - Taken by fspm
SickBrick -- MB-BCA9D6D33AA0D7D8 - Taken by Deques
NecroVisioN Plus NecroVisioN: Lost Company -- MB-3C84AD2913F7324A - Taken by S1n1st3r

Turfster

Ah you're probably right. There's already stuff discounted 80-85%.

Sqeenix probably just values their FF franchise higher than their other stuff, so it never gets as high of a discount.

Yep. They only care about Final Fantasy, which is the one thing I don't give a rat's ass about, which works out well for me, deal-wise, but not really for the western devs.

JakeD

key redemption seems to be messed up.. i just got a couple "invalid keys" in a row before it locked me out of attempting any more. either that or humble is giving out bad keys for the made in spain bundle

key redemption seems to be messed up.. i just got a couple "invalid keys" in a row before it locked me out of attempting any more. either that or humble is giving out bad keys for the made in spain bundle

A lot of the community features aren't working for me right now so I guess it's something on their end.

Some stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mountain -- MB-1BE15A3460A4A285 - Taken by Sendou. 6 entrants total.
Gunspell - Steam Edition -- MB-5D1643695512D263 - Taken by Mavromatis. 2 entrants total.
DarkEnd -- MB-BCF8D614B006CA0F - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-5960C555E6388FC0
Fist Of Jesus -- MB-7CA58B227EC6E8AD - Taken by madjoki. 5 entrants total.
Skara - The Blade Remains -- MB-D5C63E74008799DB - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Dracula 4 and 5 - Special Steam Edition -- MB-F411C19BEB7E03AF - Taken by ussjtrunks. 1 entrants total.

t1423163239z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So is FFXIII-2 still kinda wonky on PC? I have $8 in volvo credit and i've been interested in it for a while.

I played through FFXIII with a fairly steady 30fps but it seems like I'm the minority.

However, I'm apparently back in the majority when it comes to FFXIII-2, as it runs like ass for me. I love the game, but it's really hard to play at 15-25fps in 720p. It could just be my hardware since I'm on an HD7850 that's a few years old now although, like I said, FFXIII ran fine.

So yeah, I'd say it's kinda wonky.

Turfster

Humble Adventures bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Dective Grimoire
  • Broken Sword 1 & 2
  • The Whispered World Special Edition
TIER 2: BTA
  • The Detail Ep 1
  • A Golden Wake
  • Cognition GOTY
TIER 3: 10$
  • Broken Sword 5

Thanks for the kind words all, I don't really celebrate my birthdays but I did buy myself Drift Stage just because it looks pretty cool to me.

Tizoc

Humble Adventures bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Dective Grimoire
  • Broken Sword 1 & 2
  • The Whispered World Special Edition
TIER 2: BTA
  • The Detail Ep 1
  • A Golden Wake
  • Cognition GOTY
TIER 3: 10$
  • Broken Sword 5

Nice bundle, $10 for all those games isn't bad, but I just bought The Detail the other day, and I do believe I got it cheaper than the BTA :p

Grimoire is a nice iOS PnC game IMO.

Piano

Banned
So Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris isn't any good, huh?
Man I absolutely loved Guardian of Light and couldn't wait for there to be a sequel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom