• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Either a lot more people on this planet has a Wii U than I previously thought, or there are a lot of Nintendo fans on NeoGAF.. or that GOTY pool is a bit suspicious. 3 out of the top 5 are Wii U games? come on. I know 2014 was a bad year for other AAA games but.. I can't believe that.

I would've voted for MK8 even if I didn't have a Wii U :p
Wasn't Wonderful 101 released in 2013? I remember when people complained about Bayo 2 being Wii U exclusive upon its announcement but then they flip a 180.

Take it from me mate: GAFfers will flip a 180, they can shit at something upon announcement, but once they get to play the game they'll do a 180 and praise it as a godsend.

Deitus

Either a lot more people on this planet has a Wii U than I previously thought, or there are a lot of Nintendo fans on NeoGAF.. or that GOTY pool is a bit suspicious. 3 out of the top 5 are Wii U games? come on. I know 2014 was a bad year for other AAA games but.. I can't believe that.

Nintendo had a lot of good games last year. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Sure the Wii U sales have been terrible, but a site like NeoGAF is going to have the biggest concentration of people willing to buy an unsuccessful platform for a handful of good games.

Turfster

The joke is that it's not so great. ;)

I haven't felt the slightest inclination to play it, so what do I know!
People still seem to be playing it even though I predicted it would die in the first quarter, so it has to have some redeeming features, right? Right? =p

Shadownet

Banned
Well I don't particularly see anything wrong with it since the games at the top are pretty good.

I would've voted for MK8 even if I didn't have a Wii U :p
Wasn't Wonderful 101 released in 2013? I remember when people complained about Bayo 2 being Wii U exclusive upon its announcement but then they flip a 180.

Take it from me mate: GAFfers will flip a 180, they can shit at something upon announcement, but once they get to play the game they'll do a 180 and praise it as a godsend.

Nintendo had a lot of good games last year. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Sure the Wii U sales have been terrible, but a site like NeoGAF is going to have the biggest concentration of people willing to buy an unsuccessful platform for a handful of good games.

I'm not saying that i doubt they weren't any good. (The only Nintendo system I have of this generation is 3DS and the games I have are mostly quality games) So I can give the benefit of the doubt that those 3 must be excellent games.

I just thought it was strange that they beat out other good games like Dragon Age Inquisition or South Park. I mean like I'm assuming each person got 1 vote and they get to vote like their top 10.

I just didn't think so many people on GAF own a Wii U. I thought games like Dragon Age or South Park would dwarf in term of numbers.

Tizoc

...but what is wrong with getting an 'unsuccessful' system/platform? Why must it be 'successful'; what does the definition of 'successful' mean in this context, why is it important? If an 'unsuccessful' platform manages to stay around for the usual 5+ year period but has good games, of what relevance are its units sold figure?

MUnited83

For you.
I'm not saying that i doubt they weren't any good. (The only Nintendo system I have of this generation is 3DS and the games I have are mostly quality games) So I can give the benefit of the doubt that those 3 must be excellent games.

I just thought it was strange that they beat out other good games like Dragon Age Inquisition or South Park. I mean like I'm assuming each person got 1 vote and they get to vote like their top 10.

I just didn't think so many people on GAF own a Wii U. I thought games like Dragon Age or South Park would dwarf in term of numbers.

Well, Dragon Age doesn't deserve a GOTY or anything close to it. It's meh at best.

I just thought it was strange that they beat out other good games like Dragon Age Inquisition or South Park.

I would say especially from a gameplay perspective it is evident that these titles beat South Park.

Evolve - preload complete is showing on my library and I didn't buy the game, I just played the closed beta, anyone know why?

You sure you didnt buy it when it was 6$ in Indonesia?

Deitus

...but what is wrong with getting an 'unsuccessful' system/platform? Why must it be 'successful'; what does the definition of 'successful' mean in this context, why is it important? If an 'unsuccessful' platform manages to stay around for the usual 5+ year period but has good games, of what relevance are its units sold figure?

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I got a Wii U last year for that reason. I mean I guess if it goes the way of the Dreamcast it's a bad investment, but I'm pretty confident I'll get my money's worth out of the system.

I just meant that the Wii U is not popular among "all gamers" (as evidenced by sales numbers) but on a niche site like NeoGAF, a much larger percent of people will be willing to buy one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I haven't felt the slightest inclination to play it, so what do I know!
People still seem to be playing it even though I predicted it would die in the first quarter, so it has to have some redeeming features, right? Right? =p

You say that like I've played it. Oh-ho-ho!

Shadownet

Banned
Well, Dragon Age doesn't deserve a GOTY or anything close to it. It's meh at best.

Well JeffBridges.gif

Evolve - preload complete is showing on my library and I didn't buy the game, I just played the closed beta, anyone know why?

don't complain! just take it!

Yeah I thought it was weird too. I didn't tell Steam to install it and its already installing on my PC. (I did get the game back then) but this is the firs time a game is installing without my consentl

Tizoc

Ayo sign me the fuck uuuuuuuuuuuup
VRS7cWg.jpg
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=986765

I kinda like the whole 'abomination of science' with machinery spliced on humans, but that wonko ass hair sold me.

Sajjaja

Boot up my computer, Evolve is automatically preloading and has 61% done...wtf.....I deleted it from my computer after the first beta and didnt reinstall it during the second.

You don't say? :p

And they've still not added the amount of content that was promised to be in the game pre-release... Nor safehouse customisation, weapon customisation... Safehouse activities and singleplayer content there... And police-raids of the safehouse... Sigh.

I bought into the hype. :(

And this is why I'll not touch Goldfarbs new indie... Thing with a ten-feet pole.

Yeah I've still had and still do have fun with the game but trying to keep up with the DLC release schedule is nuts.

Also @JaseC, you might want to look into buying those new Payday 2 packs, as they are apparently limited and will not be available to buy after the "hype train" event is over, not sure if you collect DLC too but I thought I'd give you a heads up.

Boot up my computer, Evolve is automatically preloading and has 61% done...wtf.....I deleted it from my computer after the first beta and didnt reinstall it during the second.

Odd. I have it preordered from the old price mistake, and I had to manually queue it to preload just now.

JaseC

Yeah I've still had and still do have fun with the game but trying to keep up with the DLC release schedule is nuts.

Also @JaseC, you might want to look into buying those new Payday 2 packs, as they are apparently limited and will not be available to buy after the "hype train" event is over, not sure if you collect DLC too but I thought I'd give you a heads up.

Thanks for heads-up.

zkylon

zkylewd
Since Infamous Second Son was one of the other options (Valiant Hearts was the 5th option), they do, but it's such bullshit.

Destiny won best action game over Wolfenstein, for example.
yeah valiant hearts in the same category as mordor is pretty terrible

Miguel81

The latter, most likely. Those games on or near the top of the list are probably deserving of the accolades, though. When Zelda drops, I'll pick up a Wii U, but the lack of any new Metroid news is saddening.

JaseC

Is Saoirse turning into Gillian Anderson?

It's what London does to people.

The latter, most likely. Those games on or near the top of the list are probably deserving of the accolades, though. When Zelda drops, I'll pick up a Wii U, but the lack of any new Metroid news is saddening.

I don't buy consoles until they have enough enticing exclusives to justify the price, however a new, side-scrolling Metroid game on the Wii U would be worth 5 games as far as I'm concerned.

I think Evolve will be a free weekend next week or something, I doubt they'd give it for free unless they are turning it into freemium crap
oh wait...

I don't buy consoles until they have enough enticing exclusives to justify the price, however a new, side-scrolling Metroid game on the Wii U would be worth 5 games as far as I'm concerned.

You mean a new "good", side-scrolling Metroid game on the Wii U. Other M 2 is worth like -7

You just need to accept that Nintendo had an amazing year. They did release four incrementally improved sequels after all!

Seriously though, after Bioshock Infinite, no fingers should be pointed.

JaseC

You mean a new "good", side-scrolling Metroid game on the Wii U. Other M 2 is worth like -7

Haha, well, yeah, something like Metroid's equivalent to Rayman Origins/Legends versus another shot at whatever Other M was supposed to be.

Pachimari

What is this "Evolve - Pre-load complete; unreleased" I have in my library? A beta of some sort?
Or is it the full game? And if so, how did I get it?

Ozium

Sunless Sea gets a 10 from Eurogamer. Game exists Early Access tonight.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-06-sunless-sea-review

I really enjoyed what I played of it in EA but it was annoying to come across unfinished areas of the Zee which didn't help with lack of supplies... It's a good game, looking forward to "diving in" hurr hurr when it's updated..

JaseC Alert: If you purchase the game in EA (which it still is right now, until the store updates I'd guess) you will get all future story and expansion DLC for free (one expansion featuring submarines is definitely coming as it was a stretch goal that was met during kickstarter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom