• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
I'm not looking to start a debate but are there advantages to owning an AMD card over an Nvidia card? When I built my PC I bought an AMD card because it was a good deal, looking to upgrade soon and it really seems like I should go the Nvidia route. I really don't have a preference, ideally I'd look in the price range I'm going for and see which performs better but it seems like Nvidia cards have more advantages like games specifically tailored for them.

Since I couldn't quite find anyone responding to you: There isn't really any advantages to AMD cards, no. There is ofcourse Mantle, but the support is scarce and it's not made a big difference in the majority of games. And it's likely to be entirely redundant within a years time as we get closer and closer to a DX12 release.

All I know is that I hope my 780 lasts until Pascal comes out. NVLink, Unified Memory and 3D Samsung memory? Why yes please, Nvidia. Yes puh-lea-suh.

psh well this will be their only pc game then. people will do those mods just out of spite, hell, I'd do it out of spite. don't tell me what i can and can't do with something i paid for.

Don't worry! They already made it easy to mod, I suspect you don't even need to mod anything and the materials are even there , you just need to remove some files and you get what you want (Just like some Nvidia tech demos...cough...Dawn...cough).

Lomax

Street Fighter IV has a fantastic mod community and they still manage to sell costume DLC, so I'm sure DOA5 will manage.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
@JaseC - where can I get that elusive Hitman Absolution Sniper Challenge T_T

It's included in all of the game's store subs, so just buy the discounted standard edition. Steam's checkout system will likely say that you already own the game but you should be able to activate the sub if you buy it as a gift.

wilflare

It's included in all of the game's store subs, so just buy the discounted standard edition. Steam's checkout system will likely say that you already own the game but you should be able to activate the sub if you buy it as a gift.

will do - sigh if only the DLC pack has all those stuff too

Thank you Speevy for the XIII-2! :D

As far as I remember, there were nude mods for console version of DOA5 already. I don't remember where did I saw them.

Yes there were so many for the modded Xbox 360.

So, even thought I havn't bought Evolve, it just Preloaded for me....

It is preloading for me too. ANyone tried the mobile game? you can get experience in the main game when playing it.

Since I couldn't quite find anyone responding to you: There isn't really any advantages to AMD cards, no. There is ofcourse Mantle, but the support is scarce and it's not made a big difference in the majority of games. And it's likely to be entirely redundant within a years time as we get closer and closer to a DX12 release.

All I know is that I hope my 780 lasts until Pascal comes out. NVLink, Unified Memory and 3D Samsung memory? Why yes please, Nvidia. Yes puh-lea-suh.
There was another guy who responded, he did also mention a couple advantages for Nvidia.

I think I'll probably grab an Nvidia card for my upgrade unless I see too good of a deal to pass up on an AMD card.

Lain

Finished a session of Guild Wars 2 (game is... not all that fun; it looks nice, but the UI is terrible.) and found a 1GB patch downloaded for Raven's Cry. I'll have to check if it improves something for me.

CHANGE LOG:

GAME STABILITY
- Steam DRM encryption removed (improves overall stability and performance)
- Random EXE crashes fixed
- fixed bug causing hero to freeze in the air
- fixed bugs with flying NPCs / enemies
- Level fixes in Santo Domingo, Bridgetown, Port Royal, Saint George, Santa Muerte, San Juan

BALANCING:
- ship mast HP increased
- adjusted price of some goods
- some balancing adjustments in skills

GUI:
- tool tips added to Quest Log
- Tutorial messages added to Quest Log
- various corrections in quest log

GRAPHICS/LEVELS:
- Various animations improved
- Improved character models
- Port Royal Ship markers Positions fixed
- camera positions in various dialogues fixed
- fixed bug with officer's models on the ship (but the hooker stays ;))
- St. Domingo: ladders added
- Santa Muerte: corrected stairs

SOUND:
- missing German VOs added
- missing English VOs added
- some distance volume corrections

SETTINGS:
- HD video clips - default set to OFF (please note, switch ON if system speed allows)

STEAM DELUXE AND PREORDER:
- Unlocked Deluxe Edition items
- Preorder Items will unlock Feb.8th 2014

QUESTS/STORY:
(!!!spoilers alert!!! - please do not read, if you did not play the game so far)

Please note: Save Games from version 1.00 are compatible, but quest related bugs are stored in the old save games from version 1.00 - fixes of quest bugs will be only effective, if the game is re-started.

- Game Over message, while failing to defend Santorio’s Island now properly displayed
- Kensington ship quest will be solved even if ships are boarded
- France Fraction Quest: using flag in the Battle of Cumana now should work properly.
- Blockade at British Waters now blocks efficiently.
- Chests on Isla Dauphine now opens properly
- British Fraction Quest is now available later in the game, not from beginning.
- Additional Reales and Experience for Fraction Quests

--------------

Known Priority Issues (to be fixed in further Patches)
- still 190 English VOs missing (1.02)
- various sound level corrections
- some level corrections
- some balancing issues
- SLI/crossfire settings and other optimizations need to be fixed in upcoming graphics drivers

Upcoming Features:
- Benchmark with auto setup for Graphic Settings
- Steam Workshop support
- Multiple Language support (VOs and subtitles can be selected in game)

Zafir

Finished a session of Guild Wars 2 (game is... not all that fun; it looks nice, but the UI is terrible.) and found a 1GB patch downloaded for Raven's Cry. I'll have to check if it improves something for me.

Found it amusing there's still some English voices missing. If it really was mismatched files, surely they'd have fixed them all? It's almost as if they're still recording them as we speak.

I hope persona 5 comes to pc just so you losers can play what will be the best rpg of this gen :p

#believe

i don't think everyone here is a loser, just some of you guys... you know who you are

Shadow of Mordor got the DICE GOTY Adventure Award?
GTFO, more like.

shadow of mordor is a fun game but honestly its really not GOTY material. to me it feels like everyone just wanted to give the GOTY award to something "safe" so they just agreed to shadow of mordor.

Shadownet

Banned
Shadow of Mordor got the DICE GOTY Adventure Award?
GTFO, more like.

I don't think it's GOTY award. But I can see why it was nominated at least.

GTFO? :( why so harsh?

Also, my condolences to the poor souls that bought Raven's Cry. it make Watch Dogs and AssCreed:Unity look amazing.

Also, my condolences to the poor souls that bought Raven's Cry. it make Watch Dogs and AssCreed:Unity look amazing.

psh come on, who didn't see Raven's Cry being shit? I saw that coming from miles and miles away. anyone who thought otherwise was fooling themselves. Game looks like Risen, that alone should be enough to tell you it wasn't going to be good.

Turfster

I don't think it's GOTY award. But I can see why it was nominated at least.

It's <something> of the year, so it should have been AOTY I guess =p

RPG of the year DA:I. Because of course.
Strategy Game of the year is Heartstone? Really?

Moredoors got outstanding achievement in Story and Character.
This bullshit not worth paying attention to, confirmed.

Shadownet

Banned
It's <something> of the year, so it should have been AOTY I guess =p

RPG of the year DA:I. Because of course.
Strategy Game of the year is Heartstone? Really?

Moredoors got outstanding achievement in Story and Character.
This bullshit not worth paying attention to, confirmed.

I think the best thing Mordor did was the combat. SO if there was an award for best combat or gameplay. I could see it winning that. But that was about it.

It's certainly a good building step if they ever want to make a sequel though.

rtcn63

I think it's just them surreptitiously reminding people that nude mods exist and thus you should consider buying their game

baterism

Is this about nude mods or mods using other companies IP?

Now you said it, I kinda wondering why a company would worry about another company IPs being used by modder into their game. Do they get any repercussion for what modder do? I don't think Bethesda ever give a shit about Miku in Skyrim even on official Steam Workshop.

Turfster

Story and character? Shadow of Mordor had those things?

Well it's also the overall game of the year and beat two actual adventure games (Hey, Ethan Carter and WOLFAMONGOUS are much closer than fucking Moredoors) for the Adventure category, so anything is possible, I guess.

xezuru

Is Shadows of Mordor's Story DLC out yet? I Got the season pass but have no idea when they've been releasing stuff?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Is Shadows of Mordor's Story DLC out yet? I Got the season pass but have no idea when they've been releasing stuff?
They released the hunting side missions pack which technically has story elements, but I don't think they've said anything about celebrimbors release date.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well it's also the overall game of the year and beat two actual adventure games (Hey, Ethan Carter and WOLFAMONGOUS are much closer than fucking Moredoors) for the Adventure category, so anything is possible, I guess.

i think they mean adventure as in action-adventure?

inm8num2

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Culling of the Cows -- MB-736CDCA8A3910646 - Taken by chronomac
Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold Episode 1 -- MB-0F1856B4E4F5F65A - Taken by xGreg
Song of the Myrne: What Lies Beneath -- MB-9B1B7F7FE1A7E822 - Taken by Sarcasm
C-Rush -- MB-ABC7584FE115B5CF

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Since Infamous Second Son was one of the other options (Valiant Hearts was the 5th option), they do, but it's such bullshit.

Destiny won best action game over Wolfenstein, for example.

To be fair, Destiny is great. If you have friends who want to play it. And you can all overlook its flaws.

Shadownet

Banned
Either a lot more people on this planet has a Wii U than I previously thought, or there are a lot of Nintendo fans on NeoGAF.. or that GOTY pool is a bit suspicious. 3 out of the top 5 are Wii U games? come on. I know 2014 was a bad year for other AAA games but.. I can't believe that.

Turfster

To be fair, Destiny is great. If you have friends who want to play it. And you can all overlook its flaws.

It's mainly the fact that everything goes to the same 3 games when there's so many other, better choices in most of these categories is what gets me riled up.

It's basically Shadow of DestinyStone, the circlejerk.

Wait, apparently the overall GOTY is DA:I.
Damn you unreliable twitter reporting =p

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

I played it with my girlfriend and I didn't think it was great, but she did so she kept hers. :p

Either a lot more people on this planet has a Wii U than I previously thought, or there are a lot of Nintendo fans on NeoGAF.. or that GOTY pool is a bit suspicious. 3 out of the top 5 are Wii U games? come on. I know 2014 was a bad year for other AAA games but.. I can't believe that.

Well I don't particularly see anything wrong with it since the games at the top are pretty good.

Speevy

Banned

The Wii U is a dismal marketplace failure, but everything has a thriving fanbase on Neogaf.

Also, big fish, small pond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom