• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I played a bit of Persona 4 on my PS Vita. It seemed okay but after a while I just had to ask myself "WTF is happening here?" and I was so confused that I kinda gave up on it. People had told me that the game was a good entry into the series, but I guess I just don't get what I wasn't getting. So maybe you're not missing as much as others would lead you to believe.

can't vouch for p4 but if you don't like p3 there's something pretty wrong with you -___-

Yes, it was.

They were asked about it in January since it was greenlit in October or something and they hadn't said boo since. Behold their twitter response.

Thanks.

Wonder if it is still coming out.

Also heard its actually just half the game and the game just stops in the middle of the story.

I've heard bad things about it, but I'll probably buy it anyway. If a supposedly mediocre dungeon crawler that looks a lot like Persona 3 sells well, that might send a message to Atlus, right?

Right?

Anything to get a
cheap
Persona fix ;_;

Jawmuncher

My Vita will arrive soon, so I will try P4G, but I still think Persona (3, 4), compared to the other SMT titles is totally overrated.
I still think so many people love it because it has this "anime"-story and style.

Both series are pretty fucked honestly.
SMT really has no reason being a part of Persona and vice versa. Besides that I loved the story and style as you said. The dungeons and RPG stuff we're just kinda there for me.

So far I haven't minded SMT stuff but nothing has hooked me. If not for persona I probably wouldn't even bother with them. Which is probably why they still keep the SMT name around them.

As for Mind Zero or whatever the hell it's called. I'll grab that day one if they play it smart and price it cheap like Hyper Dimension Neptunia.

Both series are pretty fucked honestly.
SMT really has no reason being a part of Persona and vice versa. Besides that I loved the story and style as you said. The dungeons and RPG stuff we're just kinda there for me.

So far I haven't minded SMT stuff but nothing has hooked me. If not for persona I probably wouldn't even bother with them. Which is probably why they still keep the SMT name around them.

I usually compare SMT with this:

While Persona feels like its more of a Dragonball/Fairy Tail or Shounen-Anime, the other SMT titles feel more like Texhnolyze, Ergo Proxy or Ghost in the Shell. While the themes in both are often similar, the presentation in the other SMT titles is more mature I would say.

zkylon

zkylewd

While Persona feels like its more of a Dragonball/Fairy Tail or Shounen-Anime, the other SMT titles feel more like Texhnolyze, Ergo Proxy or Ghost in the Shell. While the themes in both are often similar, the presentation in the other SMT titles is more mature I would say.

not necessary to pit greatness against greatness

love it all i say

Jawmuncher

I've only beaten DS: Overclocked and Soul Hackers 3DS. So can't say much since both were just ok for me.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sorry for ModBot's temporary barf there. It was a weird case where people were being drawn to win a game that was already nuked. ModBot normally handles this well but the code for the trivia function was behaving funky, causing ModBot to interpret the nuked game as a trivia question game, and then erroring when it couldn't read the trivia question properly. Issue resolved and I believe ModBot should be clearing the backlog of anything else it had to draw for imminently.

titch

Was supposed to be three games will try and do the other again.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (titch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nihilumbra -- MB-A9C14ED73B0B38FD - Taken by inm8num2. 7 entrants total.
Speedball HD -- MB-7F3C0C2278CE0A8B - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.

t1423195161z1.png

derExperte

Another client update:

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791433918461#announcements/detail/204121794078244865

-Changed tools to not appear in the Recent games filters/lists unless they are actually played, purchasing will still cause games to list but will not automatically add tools
-Moved new DLC details panel as well as the workshop details panel below the Friends and Achievements panels in the game details UI
-Fixed the new DLC details panel updating and resorting more frequently than it should
-Made it possible to manage DLC installation directly from the DLC panel in the library details view
-Fixed checkboxes in list panels flickering or not rendering immediately after mouse wheel scroll of the list
-Improved responsiveness of library details view for games where you have many friends who play
-Cleaned up redundant browser settings in Settings UI

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The DLC box still needs some presentation work (for one, I'd move the acquisition dates to the DLC tab of the properties window, replacing the "Acquisition method" column seeing as the client has long reported Steam Store even if you activated the DLC via a retail key, which renders the info useless since there's no longer a distinction), but at least it's out of the way.

JaseC

So i played Castle in the Darkness today , here are my 1st impressions :

Good :
- RPG elements ( change equipment and stuff like that )
- Decent controller support ( i can use the D-pad and the analog stick to move so thats good , some games dont even have that :v )
- Fun boss fights

Bad :
- The game does have resolution options but it doesnt save the resolution that i picked so every time i start the game i have to pick the resolution that i want
- No Pause button ( only way to pause is alt tab , then a message appears saying "Game paused, press "P" to continue)
- Random Crashes

overall im liking the game , hope it gets patched in the future, i would say buy it if you like hard platformers

autoduelist

I played a bit of Persona 4 on my PS Vita. It seemed okay but after a while I just had to ask myself "WTF is happening here?" and I was so confused that I kinda gave up on it. People had told me that the game was a good entry into the series, but I guess I just don't get what I wasn't getting. So maybe you're not missing as much as others would lead you to believe.

It's SMT style combat (great!), very simplistic randomized dungeons (meh!), and an overworld meta-romance game where you need to decide how to spend your time with your friends/studying/etc to level your stats and personas (demons that fight for you, basically) up. I think most Persona lovers LOVE that meta-game and going on dates and stuff, because you can get better dungeons pretty much anywhere and you can get the combat system/demon fusing in other SMT games (like Nocturne).

It's not my thing, though I love the other SMT games like Nocturne, DDS, etc. Anyone who likes the romance type stuff or VNs would probably go gaga over P4G, though.

What about that Persona clone game, I think it's called Mind Zero or something like that. Wasn't it supposed to get released on Steam?

It's not a Persona clone. It's got teenager heros and a clean artstyle reminiscent of Persona (which is why everyone expected a clone), and that's about it. Gameplay wise, it's very different from Persona, with a unique combat/skill system. You do have 'alternate forms' but that's not a system unique to Persona, and they work extremely differently from Persona's personas. It's basically a standard DRPG with a unique skill/combat system (skills are based on upgrading/leveling cards you find, and combat is too complex to describe quickly, but I do like it, and I can't think of any other DRPG like it).

zkylon

zkylewd
the back and forth between social stuff and dungeon crawling in the persona games is what makes them so great, both aspects of the game affect each other and juggling them both while also having a genuinely awesome story with great characters and presentation (dem fucking menus, man) and then the very tight combat, it's just all so fucking good

I think most Persona lovers LOVE that meta-game and going on dates and stuff, because you can get better dungeons pretty much anywhere and you can get the combat system/demon fusing in other SMT games (like Nocturne).

It's not my thing, though I love the other SMT games like Nocturne, DDS, etc. Anyone who likes the romance type stuff or VNs would probably go gaga over P4G, though

If we're going to take this in a Steam direction (in SteamGAF, crazy, I know!) for people who like the Persona style social links without all the dungeon crawling, then Cherry Tree High Comedy Club is available on Steam. It's pretty cheap AND it has a free demo, so if you want to know what the Persona metagame all about, it's not spot on but will give you a general approximation.

Deitus

"What's Persona 3?"
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syoJhiXLRPc]"A game where you fucking kill yourself, apparently."[/url]

Careful, someone around here might think you like Anthony Burch, and run you out of SteamGAF.

I never understood the hate, personally.

JaseC

Oh. I assumed it was. so GTA5 is still good? :D

In terms of it being region-free, yes, but again I'd caution against buying the CN sub just in case it's region-locked at the runtime level later on as Thi4f's RU/CIS pre-purchase subs were.

Edit: Unless you live in China, in which case go nuts. ;)

In terms of it being region-free, yes, but again I'd caution against buying the CN sub just in case it's region-locked at the runtime level later on as Thi4f's RU/CIS pre-purchase subs were.

Edit: Unless you live in China, in which case go nuts. ;)

I am still living here. Just a bit scared that when I am back in Germany at the end of this year, that I wont be able to run it anymore.

JaseC

I am still living here. Just a bit scared that when I am back in Germany at the end of this year, that I wont be able to run it anymore.

I've read here and there that if you move and can no longer run a particular game, Valve will remove the region-lock for you specifically. Since you may find yourself in that situation if you were to buy GTAV and it is region-locked later down the line, I'd ask Valve if that's something it actually does.

I've read here and there that if you move and can no longer run a particular game, Valve will remove the region-lock for you specifically. Since you may find yourself in that situation if you were to buy GTAV and it is region-locked later down the line, I'd ask Valve if that's something it actually does.

Thanks. Then I will buy it soon I guess.

Maniac

Banned
Good lord, I haven't bought Payday 2 DLC in a few months and now I'm 6 packs and almost $50 behind, I think the nut has finally cracked for me, this shit is a little much.
You don't say? :p

And they've still not added the amount of content that was promised to be in the game pre-release... Nor safehouse customisation, weapon customisation... Safehouse activities and singleplayer content there... And police-raids of the safehouse... Sigh.

I bought into the hype. :(

And this is why I'll not touch Goldfarbs new indie... Thing with a ten-feet pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom