• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just post them in order:

row 1: Saraiya Goyou, Kids on the Slope, Space Brothers, Hellsing Ultimate
row 2: Fate/Zero, Jormungand, Puella Magi Madika, x
row 3: Usagi Drop, Rainbow, x, Bakemonogatari
row 4: Psycho-Pass, Haruhi Suzumiya, Steins;Gate, x
row 5: x, x, Kids on the Slope, Kaiji

Sadly I can't answer you most of the things you asked because those are the shows I did not watch. Sorry, but maybe someone else can complete.Yes. In what industry is the majority of products high level?
And please don't just look at the pretty picture and my text too. Past anime wasn't a paradise machine that made fourty perfect anime series per season.

Hey thanks for your help. Added some of these series to myanimelist :)

Bottom left is From The New World/Shinsekai Yori I think.

Appreciate it!

Chariot

Just watch Shirobako, it's an anime about making anime.
I don't think so, the style of the faces don't fit.

Also yes to Shirobako. It's moe AND it's a serious anime about work ethic and anime production.
Thank you, added it.

Hey thanks for your help. Added some of these series to myanimelist :)
No problem. I should make my own chart, where I can actually answer fully what anime is on what picture.

]
row 2: Fate/Zero, Jormungand, Puella Magi Madika, x
row 4: Psycho-Pass, Haruhi Suzumiya, Steins;Gate, x
row 5: x, x, Kids on the Slope, Kaiji

I'll try to answer the x's here.
row 2 x - Mardock Scramble, your puella name is wrong
row 3 x - looks like Tiger & Bunny, might be something else
row 4 x - looks like a generic Sunrise mecha
row 5 x's - Hyouge Mono, don't know the mecha anime

Mardock scramble intrigue me with its protag's name (Balut, Scramble really?) and is generally good looking OVA series. Hyouge Mono is a tea anime with many wacky face reactions (ahegaos?), while Tiger and Bunny poses a good question of what happens if superheroes have corporate backers, making them compete while being filmed.

EDIT: Also current anime season actually has a few good animes worth watching. Death Parade is one of them.

Tizoc

And please don't just look at the pretty picture and my text too. Past anime wasn't a paradise machine that made fourty perfect anime series per season.

We at least got stuff like this
5165.jpg

Now you can't have a male MC unless he's a young troubled/overpowered teenager or a complete total wuss (looking at you Tokyo Ghoul!)

Mind you I never said there were perfect animes, but at least there was better variety.
Moe eyes were around for decades yet for some reason it was this past decade that makes me dislike them.

Just watch Shirobako, it's an anime about making anime.

Still feels like a 'cute girls doing cute things' kind of show, and I really dislike the moe eyes on the female characters.
I need to catch up on it though, it's a fun show but the female characters can irritate me sometimes.

Cerity

The one on the end of row 4 is Mobile Suit Gundam UC.

Not sure on the mecha on row 5, needs a bigger picture. Could be Gundam 00, the red mech looks like an Ahead Sakigake or the Masurao.

edit: beaten :<

Death Parade bores me for some reason. But Death Billiards was amazing.
I can't watch it for now since both my subs for a VPN + Funi expired so I can't say anything about it past episode 3.
Being madika is suffering
Thanks, filled the x's.
I really want to contribute more, but I don't really watch mecha animes. IMHO they tend to follow a particular formulaic format that I can sometimes predict what is going to happen.

DocSeuss

Attack on Titan is good? It's interesting, sure, but the author has written himself into a weird spot, relying on shocking revelations instead of an unfolding plot. Putting it on the same level as death note, which was well developed in terms of characters, plot and intrigue, is an insult to death note.

/smugloliface

While the waifu thing might have been taken a bit too far, I assure you otakus were going crazy about their waifus before it happened.

1) uh, no... I said people claim it's good because they are dumb, much like people who thought Death Note was anything good after issue 58

Or before

2) I know. I'm a veteran.

I just post them in order:

row 2: Fate/Zero, Jormungand, Puella Magi Madoka, Mardock Scramble
row 4: Psycho-Pass, Haruhi Suzumiya, Steins;Gate, Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
row 5: Hyouge Mono, x, Kids on the Slope, Kaiji

Sadly I can't answer you most of the things you asked because those are the shows I did not watch. Sorry, but maybe someone else can complete.Yes. In what industry is the majority of products high level?

Some of those are kinda crappy tho

Tizoc

1) uh, no... I said people claim it's good because they are dumb, much like people who thought Death Note was anything good after issue 58

Or before

2) I know. I'm a veteran.

Can't believe no one mentioned this yet, but have you watched JoJo's Bizarre Adventure yet? It's a crazy fun show and the Part 3 adaptation is ongoing atm and is freakin' awesome.
Give it a watch on Crunchyroll if you haven't yet.

For that matter, really hope we get Eyes of Heaven on Steam, Bamco pls.

DocSeuss

A veteran I see

Also death note should have ended with L

Chapter 58 is indeed that chapter.

Can't believe no one mentioned this yet, but have you watched JoJo's Bizarre Adventure yet? It's a crazy fun show and the Part 3 adaptation is ongoing atm and is freakin' awesome.
Give it a watch on Crunchyroll if you haven't yet.

For that matter, really hope we get Eyes of Heaven on Steam, Bamco pls.

Not yet.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Luftrausers is such an intense game when controlling the game using a trackball.

Are there any other good games to make use of this new found trackball I've recently discovered I still own? Besides Wizorb that is.

Cerity

Finally got out of the prologue (after 6 hours!) and I have to say the music in Trails in the Sky is hilariously light toned for what is happening.

It feels like music you'd expect out of a PG detective show from the 80's.

Chariot

We at least got stuff like this
5165.jpg

Now you can't have a male MC unless he's a young troubled/overpowered teenager or a complete total wuss (looking at you Tokyo Ghoul!)

Mind you I never said there were perfect animes, but at least there was better variety.
Moe eyes were around for decades yet for some reason it was this past decade that makes me dislike them..
You certainly can. Sure there is a lot of blank MCs around, but you already called Jojos for this season, there is Parasyte. And even some past anime had strong female MCs instead of male ones. You manlyness isn't in danger.

Even if you don't like some of those, you get the point, yes?

zkylon

zkylewd
man my computer just had one of those weird random freezes that scares the shit out of you

not the thing you want to see like a week after buying a new psu :/

Tizoc

You certainly can. Sure there is a lot of blank MCs around, but you already called Jojos for this season, there is Parasyte. And even some past anime had strong female MCs instead of male ones. You manlyness isn't in danger.

Agreed, but honestly there are so very very few manly animes these days :/

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of PunishedSnake, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PunishedSnake, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition -- MB-0A200181E256F44C - Taken by Cheddahz. 18 entrants total.

t1423309336z1.png

Dr Dogg

Oh goodie looks like I've popped in during Anime Funtime Hour.

Anyway AssCreed Rogue get! I might be slightly worse for ware this morning but that was a decision made of my own free will.

I looked up what exactly a root canal was to see what is going to be happening to my tooth next week.

...I have made a terrible mistake. Fuck that.

Depends really. I had a root filling on a premolar yesterday and it was one trip and 20 mins work and we went out for a meal last night and it's not given me any grief. Saying that once my hangover wears off I'll find out if this thumping pain is from my boozing or my tooth. I've heard some horror stories but it wasn't much different than having a normal filling. It did stink something rotten though for a minute or two.

Looks like Pillars of Eternity is coming out March 26th, so I'll claim that. It'll also be claiming any remnants of my life and free time.

I was debating writing something for PoE but I've tried to stay away from any game specific info and go on dark. I even felt a little dirty playing the beta. I'll have to imagine your recommendation wrapped in spoiler tags.

my steam account has been locked down by idlemaster for 9.5 hours and I'm not even half done...

:(

That's why you run Idle Master on a separate PC or on a Virtual Machine while you have another instance of Steam open in offline mode.

On to the new page! Reposting
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fist Of Jesus #2 -- MB-FBBA5ABEB4128787 - Taken by derExperte. 8 entrants total.
Fist Of Jesus #3 -- MB-945EC1E0AEC62389 - Taken by ExoSoul. 8 entrants total.
Primal Carnage #2 -- MB-51114362BB72E1D9 - Taken by wilflare. 6 entrants total.
Primal Carnage #3 -- MB-DF5587B157B9D51B - Taken by agniswarm. 5 entrants total.
Fist Of Jesus -- MB-A62B9DC3A299543B - Taken by dot. 9 entrants total.
Primal Carnage -- MB-FF375F2EBB3014F9 - Taken by Conrad Link. 4 entrants total.

t1423310059z1.png

Sleeping at 3-4AM isn't healthy.

EDIT: Don't know why ModBot added the DLC images.

Maniac

Banned
Bought an AIO water cooling kit. I'll be back to 4.6Gigashirts soon enough... and will have to rent a forklift to get rid of my monstrous NH-D14.

That... Is quite sexy, my good sir.

Grats ;)

-----

Animu. Animuu everywhere. God damned Community side!

The new fans have really been bugging me the past couple of years. The quality of anime feels like it's gone down tremendously, the style and variation is lacking... heck, most of the recommendations I've seen are generally "oh this has twists/does ridiculous stuff so it's great" things. Not, y'know, legitimately great anime/manga, but stuff that has a cool idea and maybe some mystery or cat & mouse game to drive it on, like Death Note or Attack on Titan or whatever. Stuff that's not particularly great but is flashy enough to draw attention.

Thats why mostly make a switch to manga.I mean things like Billy Bat, 20th Century Boys,Solanin, Oyasumi Punpun etc. you wont get as an anime nowadays.

Regarding the whole scene I would say that most of the "hardcore" obnoxious fans though are the ones that know almost nothing much about anime. Thats my experience. The people who obsess over it, try to convice others anime are mature by posting Elfenlied or Attack on Titan, buy 3$ wallscrolls for 30$ to hang in their room, listen to Anime OP/Eds are really from my experience the ones who dont really know much about anime or manga.

But there are still enough nice series airing. What is kinda popular though right now are Shounen-series with violence. I mean Attack on Titan follows the typical shounen-stereotype-sheet but shows the horrors of death. Seems thats why people like it.

I've given up on most manga and anime and read primarily Light/Web Novels. My Machine Translated skillz be bitchin.

I actually still read LNs and manga. Though I buy manga and LNs. Cant stand to read them on an electronic device.

One problem scanlations have nowadays is, that actually Seinen-titles are often just scanlated by one group and if they dont want to do it anymore not many other groups pick it up. On the other hand you have like the 10000th Yaoi manga scanlated.

Chariot

Animu. Animuu everywhere. God damned Community side!
Can't say anything this timw. Guilty as charge. Although ironically the real ot anime discussion (opposed to the one that is related to anime style games on steam) was started by Dr Seuss, who I remember was one of the ones who didn't want anime discussion in here.
I know I still jumped on it, but I can't stand old men telling me how much better everything was in the past.

Can't say anything this timw. Guilty as charge. Although ironically the real ot anime discussion (opposed to the one that is related to anime style games on steam) was started by Dr Seuss, who I remember was one of the ones who didn't want anime discussion in here.
I know I still jumped on it, but I can't stand old men telling me how much better everything was in the past.

I dont know where else to actually discuss anime. The anime and manga thread in the OT community feels more like a blog where everyone just posts what they thought about the newest chapter or episode of different series.

Edit: And I actually started the discussion :D

Milamber

I dont know where else to actually discuss anime. The anime and manga thread in the OT community feels more like a blog where everyone just posts what they thought about the newest chapter or episode of different series.

Exactly, that's why I don't even post there anymore.

Chariot

Well, you can always start a discussion in there and people will participate if its interesting. You can also open a thread in ot for particular discussions. Although those tend to get destroyed by idiots on both side of the argument, no matter what the argument is.

But I feel your problem.

Well, you can always start a discussion in there and people will participate if its interesting. You can also open a thread in ot for particular discussions. Although those tend to get destroyed by idiots on both side of the argument, no matter what the argument is.

But I feel your problem.

I tried it actually. I wanted to see how big their physical manga collection was while posting pics of my 7xx volume collection.

There were like 5-6 posts about that and then it went back to

"If my sister is my brother, how would our children look like?!?!!?!?! ^_^ Chapter 213

That was a great chapter. Haruna-chan is so cute~~ I really loved this"

zkylon

zkylewd
the best anime is the one that is in your hearts

true

stop caring what everyone else thinks

except if it's shameful depraved shit like milamber's tastes

A full 13 episode one cour Hentai anime of Raita's Mahou Shoujo with animation done by Kyoto Animation!?

Yes!

One would think you'd go for a Production I.G. version of Urotsukidoji...

so many new words i shouldn't google search

Edit: And I actually started the discussion :D

It's always like that, not only in neogaf but everywhere else.
Anime folks are usually in rhyme because they watch the same anime and episode that are currently airing. Old anime discussion will likely get destroyed by those. You might have to create a new thread instead.

Copons

Thats why mostly make a switch to manga.I mean things like Billy Bat, 20th Century Boys,Solanin, Oyasumi Punpun etc. you wont get as an anime nowadays.

But you didn't get Urasawa or Asano quality in 80s or 90s anime either...

Also, leaving aside minor Urasawa works, Monster actually got an anime version; I've never seen it but still!
Asano themes instead are too... well, too weird?... and I guess, except Solanin which is like his most normal work, everything else would have zero appeal to the mainstream audience to grant an anime version. Like, fuck, who would watch a Punpun anime? :D

In the 90s/early 00s I admit I got a bit uninterested in anime, but what we got? Cowboy Bebop? Evangelion? I mean, ok, but we're really far from Urasawa and Asano!

And in the 70s-80s too, we didn't get all that high quality animes. Mostly shonen/shojo or comedy stuff and whatnot, almost always with extremely low production values.
At least today we get a properly great JoJo anime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom