• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Man I hate the US weekends, NOTHING happens during them =/
During week days there are the new releases and the likelyhood of a publisher sale, etc...

Thats why mostly make a switch to manga.I mean things like Billy Bat, 20th Century Boys,Solanin, Oyasumi Punpun etc. you wont get as an anime nowadays.

Regarding the whole scene I would say that most of the "hardcore" obnoxious fans though are the ones that know almost nothing much about anime. Thats my experience. The people who obsess over it, try to convice others anime are mature by posting Elfenlied or Attack on Titan, buy 3$ wallscrolls for 30$ to hang in their room, listen to Anime OP/Eds are really from my experience the ones who dont really know much about anime or manga.

But there are still enough nice series airing. What is kinda popular though right now are Shounen-series with violence. I mean Attack on Titan follows the typical shounen-stereotype-sheet but shows the horrors of death. Seems thats why people like it.

I feel you bro. Though I do think GAF has actually a pretty good manga\anime community, it's very hard to follow the threads since they do kind of work like blogs. But, even then, I like to check them out from time to time since I always discover something new.

These "hardcore" fans are really hard to talk with, specially IRL. When I try to talk about,something like Gundam Build Fighters (which is airing right now), the guy doesn't even care and just want to talk about how AoT is the best thing ever because it's gory.

At the end of the day I have 1 or 2 friends that I can actually talk about anime and manga, even though our tastes are wildly different.

As for what to watch, I get 3~4 series that I like the summary or looks and try to watch them. If I do enjoy it, them I keep watching, if not I just stop. It works very well for me and I'm actually watching a bunch of stuff right now so I'm pretty happy. With manga, I read a lot, right now I'm probably with more than 100 titles on my "Reading List" on MangaUpdates.

dang now you make me feel bad -__-

speaking of anime, anyone watched ping pong the animation?

been recommended to me and i never find the right state of mind to start it up

I've been meaning to watch it. A Matsumoto source material adapted by Yuasa? Should be right up my alley. But I haven't bothered with anime for so long.

Cerity

I feel you bro. Though I do think GAF has actually a pretty good manga\anime community, it's very hard to follow the threads since they do kind of work like blogs. But, even then, I like to check them out from time to time since I always discover something new.

These "hardcore" fans are really hard to talk with, specially IRL. When I try to talk about,something like Gundam Build Fighters (which is airing right now), the guy doesn't even care and just want to talk about how AoT is the best thing ever because it's gory.

At the end of the day I have 1 or 2 friends that I can actually talk about anime and manga, even though our tastes are wildly different.

As for what to watch, I get 3~4 series that I like the summary or looks and try to watch them. If I do enjoy it, them I keep watching, if not I just stop. It works very well for me and I'm actually watching a bunch of stuff right now so I'm pretty happy. With manga, I read a lot, right now I'm probably with more than 100 titles on my "Reading List" on MangaUpdates.

I start doubting people when they mention AoT or other wildly popular shows.

Knurek

All this manga talk...
I sincerely hope people are using their Kindles as manga readers...
You use your Kindles as manga readers, SteamGAF, do you?
I'm sure I read more manga on Kindle than proper books.

MUnited83

For you.
rArD03M.png

I'm_Rich.gif

Tizoc

All this manga talk...

I have no interest in the Kindle ver. of One Punch Man give me my bloody good old style published books dangit!

Milamber

All this manga talk...

I use my iPad and Windows tablets networked to my personal file server that streams my manga/anime/novels to my tablets over my home WiFi.

gsT9yQJ.png

So the Complete edition costs less than the standard edition but comes with less stuff. Are their names supposed to be switched around or something? And the Complete edition is 30 bucks on GMG VIP which is more than it is on Steam (unless again their names on Steam are supposed to be switched around).

Help, I'm confused.

The one at the top is just the "Complete Season" and the one at the bottom is the "Complete Edition". They could have worded it better. Yes, the "Complete Edition" is $30 on GMG with VIP pricing but that's just temporary.

xBladeM6x

I'm super interested in Darkest Dungeon, but I'm wondering if it's truly worth getting for $20 in its current early access state? GAF I need your recommendation.

Chariot

I'm super interested in Darkest Dungeon, but I'm wondering if it's truly worth getting for $20 in its current early access state? GAF I need your recommendation.
Yes! It's already perfectly playable and invludes a lot of fun if you're not overwhelmed by some difficulty.

The new fans have really been bugging me the past couple of years. The quality of anime feels like it's gone down tremendously, the style and variation is lacking... heck, most of the recommendations I've seen are generally "oh this has twists/does ridiculous stuff so it's great" things. Not, y'know, legitimately great anime/manga, but stuff that has a cool idea and maybe some mystery or cat & mouse game to drive it on, like Death Note or Attack on Titan or whatever. Stuff that's not particularly great but is flashy enough to draw attention.

The things is, 95% of anime is complete garbage every single season. Always has been, always will be. It's just that almost everything is available online now through Crunchyroll, Funimation, Hulu, etc, compared to only a subset that used to be available when ADV / Pioneer / Viz were importing stuff, or even going back to the fansub era where you'd literally mail blank VHS tapes to groups to have them copy shows onto.

So if any given season you have, say, 5 non-sucky shows and 30 pieces of garbage, back in the import days you'd get 3 of the non-sucky ones and 6 of the garbage shows. Now you get 4 of the non-sucky ones and 25 of the trash, so everything looks way worse in comparison.

xBladeM6x

Whoa, like 10 of my games all got a 12.8mb update this morning. Wonder what that's all about.

Apparently people are speculating that it's a bunch of DirectX Redist being re-downloaded.

Yes! It's already perfectly playable and invludes a lot of fun if you're not overwhelmed by some difficulty.

Now I really want to pull the trigger on this, but I don't want to make my wallet even more sad.
Yes, I'm cheap. Lol

My OCD is going nuts over that Free 2 Play movie is in my library.

• Highlight F2P Movie
  • Right Click
  • Set Catergories...
  • Check the box that says "Hide this game in my library."

MadGear

I'm really confused right now, isn't there a way to see which devices/browsers have been authorized via steam guard on my account? I could swear there was a way to do this, but i just cant find it. The only option i can find is "deauthorize all other computers".

€: It really seems there isn't a way to do this, which is strange. This begs the question why I even bother with naming the devices I authorize at all and why Valve even implies that such a list exists.

It's pretty interesting so far. I wish the combat moved faster (there's a lot of waiting for animations and speech snippets), but the atmosphere is fantastic, and the voiceover is really gripping.

liezryou

I don't think it's worth 20$ in it's current state. For me there are alot of annoying little bugs (one of which was fixed today in a patch) that need fixing for it to justify that price tag.

The class pool is a bit low at the moment and each of your runs requires 2 of the same class every time (crusader and vestal), while the other 2 spots can vary. In the case that you start out with a really bad lineup and fail to get better people in the wagon first few weeks you can get screwed really easily. I think that RNG should be a bit normalized for the start.

That being said, everything else in the game is pretty much spot on. The combat is great, the art is tasteful, the difficulty is just where it needs to be. I think a 15$ price point would have been more appropriate as i would put this game at the same level as rogue legacy.

septicore

anyone doing a group buy for IndieGala Blades of Janus and Steel Warz?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/groupbuys/discussions/0/606068060816306533/

Not sure if you can view that thread but you might need to join the group before you can view it.

I made an order from that guy hosting a group buy for IndieGala Blades of Janus while it was still on Happy Hour. But I don't think he's accepting any orders at the moment until the next Happy Hour.

I guess, you can keep a look out until Happy Hour is on again for that bundle if you're still after it.

fantomena

I own every Final Fantasy game that is available to buy on Steam except XIII-2, but I have not touched any of them and Im still considering to buy XIII-2.

Fuck.

madjoki

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (madjoki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dungeon of the Endless -- MB-50FAB914ED9E7007 - Taken by thereisnoif. 82 entrants total.

t1423407260z1.png

Parsnip

Looks like Double Fine is planning to add achievements to Broken Age at some point, there's two test cheevos there now.
Saints Row 4 official mod support is also coming along, though very slowly. Of what I read it would seem like there's currently some hard limits on how many items, guns, whatever can be in the game, so even with the weapon sdk out there, you can only replace existing stuff. It's too bad that there's only one guy seemingly doing the work on that on his spare time. Would be pretty rad if Volition/Deep Silver could put aside like 2-3 man team to actually work on it full time.

Also, I've only watched like 5 anime series'. Bebop, Trigun, Black Lagoon, Golden Boy and Rosario + Vampire. I don't know how I even ended up with the last one, but I watched all of it. No shame.

Golden Boy is so educational.

Hey I just noticed that the "INSTALL" buttons now say "Game purchased on DD.MM.YYYY". How nice.

How long has that been there

Pretty neat, I'm only seeing that for games I haven't played though. Seems once you start playing (or idling) them, it gets replaced with the usual "You've Played" total and "Last Played" date.

Chariot

The class pool is a bit low at the moment and each of your runs requires 2 of the same class every time (crusader and vestal), while the other 2 spots can vary. In the case that you start out with a really bad lineup and fail to get better people in the wagon first few weeks you can get screwed really easily. I think that RNG should be a bit normalized for the start.
What? You are not required to have a Vestal. And you are certainly not required to have a crusader. You can put your party freely together. There are a lot of interesting combinations as you can see in the OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom