• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Hmmm this is interesting (well not really). AssCreed Rogue slots in between Black Flag/Freedom Cry and Unity. Now technically that's alphabetical order and also chronological order but I'm not sure you should play Rogue before Unity. Nothing spoilery but the "oh shiiiiiiiit" moment at the end only really plays out if you've played Unity first. Well that's how I felt doing it that way.

xBladeM6x

Hmmm this is interesting (well not really). AssCreed Rogue slots in between Black Flag/Freedom Cry and Unity. Now technically that's alphabetical order and also chronological order but I'm not sure you should play Rogue before Unity. Nothing spoilery but the "oh shiiiiiiiit" moment at the end only really plays out if you've played Unity first. Well that's how I felting doing it that way.

Thanks for the tip, now I know to finish Unity before moving onto it.

Lain

I tried it actually. I wanted to see how big their physical manga collection was while posting pics of my 7xx volume collection.

There were like 5-6 posts about that and then it went back to

"If my sister is my brother, how would our children look like?!?!!?!?! ^_^ Chapter 213

That was a great chapter. Haruna-chan is so cute~~ I really loved this"

I can only post pictures of the 60-80 volumes of manga I buy each month... once a month (though I grew bored of taking those pictures months ago -taking them with a Vita is annoying for reasons- and no one really cares) and while sharing pictures of our manga collections is nice the first time, after that there is only so much one can show so the only thing that remains is to post impressions/reviews about chapters/volumes read, as well as news about new localizations, new releases in Japan etc. I mean, it's just like this thread. People either chit-chat, or post impressions about games they played, or post news about bundles and games etc.
Some even post pics of their digital collections from time to time

Dr Dogg

Thanks for the tip, now I know to finish Unity before moving onto it.

Technically it will make complete sense if you've played the first couple of sequences but without spoiling anything, finishing Unity you won't be expectant of anything else whilst playing.

Milamber

I keep finding dungeon plans every time I open a dungeon in Nep Nep. There is no end to these. Plus I get the Other Items and Harder Enemies mod and I have to run through them again. Then I have to get the Guild quests pertaining to that dungeon and grind until I get the proper drops to complete the missions. I am 21 hours in this game at level 50+ and still stuck on chapter 3.

Yet I'd rather do these than do another memory sequence of Assassins Creed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There's Riddler Trophies to collect in Arkham City, JaseC. Do you like Riddler Trophies?

I don't discriminate when it comes to collectables.

Youtube don't work for me at work =X

Then you have something to watch when you get home!

Oh, new Saoirse interview?
I thought we were close jase :'(

I've been updating the Brooklyn/Stockholm, PA posts in the thread. It's not my fault you haven't been keeping tabs on it. ;)

Parsnip

Hmmm this is interesting (well not really). AssCreed Rogue slots in between Black Flag/Freedom Cry and Unity. Now technically that's alphabetical order and also chronological order but I'm not sure you should play Rogue before Unity. Nothing spoilery but the "oh shiiiiiiiit" moment at the end only really plays out if you've played Unity first. Well that's how I felt doing it that way.

I went into a AC Unity spoiler thread after I beat it, and some asshole decided that it was a good place to drop that Rogue spoiler as well.

I would like to destroy that person.

FF3 sounds like a good grind-while-watching-Netflix kind of game, yeah?

Pretty much.

It's pretty linear, story driven for the first 20ish hours and then things open up to a total grind. It almost gets TOO big.

The story is pretty bad though, even by FF standards. I beat it and still have no idea what happened.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I've been updating the Brooklyn/Stockholm, PA posts in the thread. It's not my fault you haven't been keeping tabs on it. ;)
tumblr_lx09a8Pdhg1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

I have more than enough tabs....I just have to learn to click on them once in a while.

Benedict

Since Steam is down here is my short review of Jazzpunk from the 52 games in a year thread. :

13. Jazzpunk (PC)
2 hrs 30 minutes,Finished February 7th.
This was better than I thought going in to the game. Very confusing but highly enjoyable.
Another concept-game where design and looks are more important than gameplay.
Perfect example what a hipster game would look and play like.
Lots of achievement and there is a big risk that you will play through the game missing most of them, unless you use a guide.
Would like to see more games/missions connected to this world. And maybe a meatier game. Will probably go back and try to get some of the many achievments I missed.

Elija2

The one at the top is just the "Complete Season" and the one at the bottom is the "Complete Edition". They could have worded it better. Yes, the "Complete Edition" is $30 on GMG with VIP pricing but that's just temporary.

Ah, now I get it. Yeah, they made it kinda confusing.

Hmm, I wonder if it's worth getting the Complete edition. The only thing I care for is the map pack, but I don't know if it's worth it. Does anywhere have just the regular edition on sale for a good price?

fantomena

ALmost finished with Peggle 2 on my PS4. Wished it was on PC. Origin is so bad EA can't even release Peggle 2 or PvZ2 there.

And btw, Peggle 2 is worse than the other Peggles. Not just because of microtransactions, but there is just something really wrong it.

derExperte

ALmost finished with Peggle 2 on my PS4. Wished it was on PC. Origin is so bad EA can't even release Peggle 2 or PvZ2 there.

And btw, Peggle 2 is worse than the other Peggles. Not just because of microtransactions, but there is just something really wrong it.

I wouldn't call additional levels and some costumes microtransactions in the usually used sense. Also I thought it was totally fine, played exactly like every Peggle before. Maybe some of the special powers weren't up to snuff but the core gameplay was imo.

Mr. Doop

No, but I'd like to. Here's hoping Nintendo eventually remembers that it promised N64 games on VC.

Even if they do bring N64 games to VC, I think DK64's rights are lost in limbo because it featured some minigames made by Rare or something like that. You aren't really missing out on much anyway, it's not that good.

Pachimari

Seems they fixed the Evolve turning up in our libraries bug. Which have probably already been mentioned in this thread a long time ago.

fantomena

I wouldn't call additional levels and some costumes microtransactions in the usually used sense. Also I thought it was totally fine, played exactly like every Peggle before. Maybe some of the special powers weren't up to snuff but the core gameplay was imo.

Was those levels etc put there after release?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Eagle Vision no longer showing lootable bodies is one of Unity's more baffling design decisions.

Jase has friends?

Inflatable ones that I buy stuff for so I can "borrow" things later.

Even if they do bring N64 games to VC, I think DK64's rights are lost in limbo because it featured some minigames made by Rare or something like that. You aren't really missing out on much anyway, it's not that good.

The entire game was made by Rare, but as per the game's rear cover, Nintendo owns it.

Sasskins

Neo Member
Hahaha opps fair enough. I'm sure it cross references with an increased volume in animu cards and booster packs on the market and badges being crafted.

I'm not even sure why people are trying to sell Sacks for more, the higher the price the less they sell...

Unless they are trying to profit from sellings cards AND the gems at the same time.

xezuru

Is there a SteamGaf favorite on all these dungeon esque games?

Darkest Dungeon and Dungeon of the Endless look to be pretty cool and excel in their own ways.

zkylon

zkylewd
valkyria for 10 is awesome

go go go

I bought the collector's edition.

lol so bad

I loved Ping Pong. Thats one anime I could easily recommend.
yea, person that recommended is very trust worthy

i generally just need the right moment to start watching or playing something that i know it's important. i can't just randomly waltz into it.

I've been meaning to watch it. A Matsumoto source material adapted by Yuasa? Should be right up my alley. But I haven't bothered with anime for so long.
no idea who any of these people are lol

Tizoc

Anyone from my friendlist who doesn't have the game by Monday goes off my friendlist.

You literally have no excuse.

I made 3 giveaways of the game but I've played it on PS3 And to me that was enough. Just don't feel like replaying it again any time soon =X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom