• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I think Metal Slug 3 just required the 12 MB update you all are talking about.
What does it need that update for anyways...

Digoman

Hello SteamGAF.

Maybe someone can help me with a question:

If there is no warning on my inventory, is the item safe from the general region trading block? I'm from one of the locked regions (SA), so I want to make sure the extra copy I got from Gravity Ghost is giftable - it is one of those "buy one, get an extra copy" deals.

Very nice game, if somewhat short and simple (2 hours for all stars).

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Do I even want the Kane & Lynch games? They are so cheap.

Kane and Lynch 1 had some interesting scenarios (the bank robbery, the skyscraper, the prison) that was marred by sloppy shooting mechanics that has aged about as well as mold on bread. Once it jumps the shark and heads to Cuba, it loses pretty much all it had going for it. The
"Damned if you do, damned if you don't"
style to the endings was pretty great though.

Kane and Lynch 2 is a much better game all around, and in many ways was the anti-shooter before Spec Ops hit the scene. The entire first game you see Kane as being the leader of the two men, always having an answer to the problem even if it throws them into more danger. In 2, the roles are swapped. Lynch is in charge, which is something he should never be, and his explosive anger sends the two of them down a bleak path like rabid dogs chasing after their prey. I particularly loved how the game handled the final "boss". Everything felt pretty well-realized in terms of, "These two bozos fucked with the wrong people, and they're continuing to fuck with the wrong people."

I even loved 2's brash aesthetics, it all felt very thematically fitting even if it was there to cover up some deficiencies in the visuals. Shame the multiplayer is as dead as can be. I loooooooooooooove a good heist flick, and the multi was aimed directly at someone like me who wanted that thrill of working together while never knowing who would be the rat.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hello SteamGAF.

If there is no warning on my inventory, is the item safe from the general region trading block? I'm from one of the locked regions (SA), so I want to make sure the extra copy I got from Gravity Ghost is giftable - it is one of those "buy one, get an extra copy" deals.

Yeah, if there is no list of countries then the gift is region-free.

zkylon

zkylewd
Kane and Lynch 1 had some interesting scenarios (the bank robbery, the skyscraper, the prison) that was marred by sloppy shooting mechanics that has aged about as well as mold on bread. Once it jumps the shark and heads to Cuba, it loses pretty much all it had going for it. The
"Damned if you do, damned if you don't"
style to the endings was pretty great though.

Kane and Lynch 2 is a much better game all around, and in many ways was the anti-shooter before Spec Ops hit the scene. The entire first game you see Kane as being the leader of the two men, always having an answer to the problem even if it throws them into more danger. In 2, the roles are swapped. Lynch is in charge, which is something he should never be, and his explosive anger sends the two of them down a bleak path like rabid dogs chasing after their prey. I particularly loved how the game handled the final "boss". Everything felt pretty well-realized in terms of, "These two bozos fucked with the wrong people, and they're continuing to fuck with the wrong people."

I even loved 2's brash aesthetics, it all felt very thematically fitting even if it was there to cover up some deficiencies in the visuals. Shame the multiplayer is as dead as can be. I loooooooooooooove a good heist flick, and the multi was aimed directly at someone like me who wanted that thrill of working together while never knowing who would be the rat.
awesome post, really mirrors my thoughts on the series. i still contend that the lack of hit feedback and the generally poor aiming was deliberate in an attempt to make the game not very much fun to play (say, in spec-ops, getting slow-mo headshots feels a bit contradictory with the overall message the game was trying to tell) like some other people say. it just makes sense for me. doesn't really excuse the shitty cover and order mechanics, but i think they wanted to show these psychos as not very much enjoying what they do and being desensitized to it

autoduelist

*Raises hand* specially when they choose to have several short speech bubbles >_>
If I'm gonna read at least let me do it in bulk.

There is no greater crime than:

Character 1: ... [press x to continue]
Character 2: ... [press x to continue]
Character 3: ... [press x to continue]
Character 4: ... [press x to continue]
Character 5: ... [press x to continue]
Character 6: ... [press x to continue]

Except perhaps when they all say the same thing in various ways. Like, you just rescue a NPC and you get:
Character 1: Yeah! [press x to continue]
Character 2: Good job! [press x to continue]
Character 3: We love you NPC! [press x to continue]
Character 4: I'm so glad you're OK! [press x to continue]
Character 5: Now we can go get cake! [press x to continue]
Character 6: Good job! [press x to continue]

I want to break things clicking through most game dialog. People talk about grinding and collectithons being disrespectful to players time, but at least they don't hurt my head like '...' six times in a row does.

Hello SteamGAF.

Yeah, you'll be always warned if something in your inventory has a region restriction on it. As a general rule anything that spawns extra copies on activation (i.e. 2 and 4 packs) won't have region restrictions on the spawned copies.

http://steamcleaner.tikione.org/en/

I've got 600 games installed, maybe more. If I used a cleaner to delete all the redistributable packages, Steam would only redownload the packages when a game gets an update?

No, but it does if the redistributables get updated as they did yesterday, or if you verify the game cache.

xBladeM6x

Someone should totally trade me Darkest Dungeon for my AC Unity (Uplay, not Steam) code.
29-9f8f03df60fc202f468f87a488e6cc85.jpg

ExoSoul

Banned
also i thought gurren lagann gets a
really awesome tone reversal
after that happens

Tone reversal? Yes; Awesome? Nooooo.
Quite honestly I just pushed on through cause it'd get better right? It doesn't, except one fight scene the rest is meh and then there's the thing with "over-the-top" vs "way over-the-top"
Is it noticeable it left a sour impression?

JakeD

is it safe to assume FF x-x2 remaster is coming to pc? ps3 version is 13.99 on amazon and im tempted but ill hold off if a pc version is likely

installed my gtx970 today. upgraded from a hd7770!

Deitus

is it safe to assume FF x-x2 remaster is coming to pc? ps3 version is 13.99 on amazon and im tempted but ill hold off if a pc version is likely

I would not say it is safe to assume. Most of the Final Fantasy games that have come to PC so far have been on more than one platform previously. FFXIII games were on PS3 and 360, 3 and 4 are ports of the iOS version, which were ports of the DS remakes, and 7 and 8 had a PC version back in the day. FFX and FFX-2 have only ever been on Sony consoles.

I've heard speculation that Sony contributed in some way to the development FFX originally, which might mean it won't ever come to other platforms. The fact that the Remaster didn't come to Xbox platforms, when most of their other modern releases did, seems to support that logic. But then I haven't seen any solid proof one way or another of it's exclusivity.

JaseC

The lack of an X360 version to use as a base makes FFX and co. an iffy prospect.

zkylon

zkylewd
Tone reversal? Yes; Awesome? Nooooo.
Quite honestly I just pushed on through cause it'd get better right? It doesn't, except one fight scene the rest is meh and then there's the thing with "over-the-top" vs "way over-the-top"
Is it noticeable it left a sour impression?

i'm confused why you spoiler tagged my post

also i disagree, the series' themes evolve during the series, that's one of the most interesting things about the show

GaussTek

Sadly, I'd say we'll see an iPad/mobile version before a PC version :(

Tizoc

Only issue I got with Mark of the Ninja is that controlling the chara is done via the Analog stick; any way to change that?

JaseC

Only issue I got with Mark of the Ninja is that controlling the chara is done via the Analog stick; any way to change that?

Kb&m -> controller software is your only avenue, unless something has changed since I last played the game.

Knurek

If you have a DualShock 2 just press the Analog button.
If you have a DualShock 4 just make a profile for the game with analog stick mapped to D-Pad and vice versa.
If you have a X360 controller, then... dear god, why would you want to use D-Pad on this?!

Ozium

I have a Logitech F310 and there's a button to switch from analog stick to dpad..

sogood..

not as good as DS4 clearly but a lot cheaper

Arthea

Ninja Guy is sorta bad, then again maybe it's a game for kids, or meant to be for kids, or IDK... just bad?

Artificial challenge increase. ;)
clever!

Chariot, I beat neptunia, are you proud of me?
It's the first JRPG I've beaten in a decade.

dunno about Chariot, but I am. Not only you bought it as you said you will, you've played it and finished it.
Maybe you don't hate RPGs after all?
or maybe it's just power of Nep Nep (><)

i don't get how you can find lyne "zen", suikoder

this game is fucking stressful
how it can be stressful? I don't get it.
There is no timer, you can go back as many steps as you want, not that you need that most of the time, but in case you do. Maybe you are listening to wrong music?
You do listen to your music when playing it, don't you?

Knurek

I have a Logitech F310 and there's a button to switch from analog stick to dpad..

sogood..

not as good as DS4 clearly but a lot cheaper

I have F310 as well.
It has an even worse D-Pad than X360 controller.
It has sticky, clicky face buttons.
It has triggers that require entirely too much force to pull.
You would not pay me to play on F310. Not when I have both DS2 and DS4.

dex3108

Now that i finished Talos Principle i can move to the next game. And next game is Far Cry 4. I just finished "tutorial" (that is Act 1) and i must say that game already feels better than Far Cry 3. And game is beautiful.

zkylon

zkylewd
how it can be stressful? I don't get it.
There is no timer, you can go back as many steps as you want, not that you need that most of the time, but in case you do. Maybe you are listening to wrong music?
You do listen to your music when playing it, don't you?
because THAF FUCKNG STUPID THIGN I CANT GET ENOUGH LINES THERE LKAJFKSAJDLAS

stressful

i'm not a zen person

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Now that i finished Talos Principle i can move to the next game. And next game is Far Cry 4. I just finished "tutorial" (that is Act 1) and i must say that game already feels better than Far Cry 4. And game is beautiful.

lol. It surpasses itself? Actually, that fits in with the Gurren Lagann talk I guess!

Ozium

I have F310 as well.
It has an even worse D-Pad than X360 controller.
It has sticky, clicky face buttons.
It has triggers that require entirely too much force to pull.
You would not pay me to play on F310. Not when I have both DS2 and DS4.

true :(

I should get a Wii U Pro Controller, bayonetta told me it works on the PC

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
true :(

I should get a Wii U Pro Controller, bayonetta told me it works on the PC

It works but from what I see not every game might be compatible. Dark Souls 2 doesnt register the controller. They are working on fixing the compatibility tho.

Arthea

because THAF FUCKNG STUPID THIGN I CANT GET ENOUGH LINES THERE LKAJFKSAJDLAS

stressful

i'm not a zen person

Are you talking about couple of last levels perhaps? because they are trickier, true. Or maybe you are playing it for too long in one sit? It's not your normal game, it's a zen game! you play it to relax and then move to more intense things, games or whatever strikes your fancy.
or you just aren't a zen person (><)

Also, I've only watched like 5 anime series'. Bebop, Trigun, Black Lagoon, Golden Boy and Rosario + Vampire. I don't know how I even ended up with the last one, but I watched all of it. No shame.

Golden Boy is so educational.
Golden Boy is one of the few shows directed at more adult people which aired in German television.
Damn guys, it is so fun. Good grief it is fun.
Also the German opening music is pretty dope.
Jesus Christ Nvidia how shit are your drivers?
That shit keeps crashing on me
Not sure if it is Nvidia's drivers but after making a clean windows install I got the latest Nvidia drivers and since then I can't watch most videos anymore without getting stuttering. Thinking of searching for older drivers :/
I thought only AMD has driver issues.
Picked up Deus Ex GOTY, pretty cheap for 1.39€
It's one of the best games of all time imo. Even holds up today.
Ha! Funny but also embarrassing. But funny mainly :p

Arthea

maybe Nintendo will release drivers...

https://avjsla.bn1302.livefilestore.com/y2payF4UhxVyWmXQFxnrngi5zKUMJ0r_hzrWfPneXIazwGp2KSyaerjfe5g84-NwxY_UxHi_CtW9tdz6swwOkHOgQ5XsVecjZLvwrMRHwoEBNDi0TZ0opwccte6iVLezi0BGvcUlYCyPmsSc8_0zSHdkg/1413572973257.gif?psid=1[/IMG[/QUOTE]

in some alternative universe they released already, you just need to move there!

Grief.exe

Some of these ports use proprietary Sony software, KH/KH2/FFX/FFX2.

Arthea

Now when Sunless Sea left early access, I might add it to my wishlist, I just still not sure I want it. It didn't look all that fun for me from a trailer and screens.
kindly tell me, steamgaf, what's so good about it that I don't see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom