• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Are you talking about couple of last levels perhaps? because they are trickier, true. Or maybe you are playing it for too long in one sit? It's not your normal game, it's a zen game! you play it to relax and then move to more intense things, games or whatever strikes your fancy.
or you just aren't a zen person (><)
i'm not a zen person lol

Annubis

I need a new game...

I'm about at my breaking point in LoL..
I just can't tolerate all the horror stories I've accumulated.

Any suggestions? Easy to start and stop and playable for 1000+ hours.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I need a new game...

Killing Floor? Was my first idea at least, but Killing Floor 2 is so close. It's nothing like LoL, though.

MUnited83

For you.
I hate when I play a game and I need costantly look for a Wiki to understand what is going on with the plot :l
image.php

Uraizen

Banned
dunno about Chariot, but I am. Not only you bought it as you said you will, you've played it and finished it.
Maybe you don't hate RPGs after all?
or maybe it's just power of Nep Nep (><)

Why thank you and I'm pretty sure I don't like them. I only get them as joke gifts from friends. I still try them at least, so that's something.
Probably, it was pretty funny.

Chariot

dunno about Chariot, but I am. Not only you bought it as you said you will, you've played it and finished it.
Maybe you don't hate RPGs after all?
or maybe it's just power of Nep Nep (><)
Thanks for quoting Uraizen's post, would've totally overlooked that. Forever.
I should search for my name more.

Chariot, I beat neptunia, are you proud of me?
It's the first JRPG I've beaten in a decade.
Generally yes, but I need a crucial bit of information. Did you play with Plutia? Preferable as team leader?

Dr Dogg

So after finishing Leon's campaign the other day I was a little so so on RE6. After taking Jawmucher's advice and bouncing around the other campaign's I knocked out the first 2 chapters of Chris' campaign and it felt a little better, more in line with RE4-5 style in a kind of Gears of Evil kind of way (with a bonkers b movie plot). Then I bounced over to Jake's which at first rifts with Chris' campaign before carving out it's own path. First 2 chapters were alright, nothing too special (that snow mobile escape did my nut in). Then I got to chapter 3 and for the first time properly used Jake's Hand to Hand skill. Holy shit is that awesome, you can wreck up a whole room in seconds. Went back and played chapter 1 again with my new found knowledge and stun locked Nemesis 2.0 as I comboed him into oblivion.

Parsnip

Finished REmaster in 3 hours and 21 minutes. Actually surprised that my second run was this fast since my first was over 9 hours.
Still, gotta shave that 21 minutes off for that one achievement, should be doable. Maybe I'll try the knife run next. Since I will be running around most zombies anyway, hmm hmm.

in some alternative universe they released already, you just need to move there!

Moving between alternate universes is annoying, not all moving companies do moving between different universes and there is always the problem of having your things getting lost or broken during the moving.

Is there anything that Valve doesn't half-ass or mess up? Good lord, this company... How lousy can they get?! Yet no matter what they'll still be successful. For shame.

titch

Now when Sunless Sea left early access, I might add it to my wishlist, I just still not sure I want it. It didn't look all that fun for me from a trailer and screens.
kindly tell me, steamgaf, what's so good about it that I don't see.

Same here i just don't see it - oh how i had to bite deep to avoid the pun.

it gets better/worse

Thats what worries me - stilll great game tho. Anyone that likes a puzzle game has to play the series.

Nabs

have you tried the prototype? gives you a feeling for the gameplay and was pretty fun; the cpu there really kicked my butt though, i was horrible at it haha

Just a note: that prototype is so different from the final game. The final game controls much better, has more mechanics that add a lot to it (bunt/parry), and your own ball killing you is defaulted to off!

currently watching a lets play of Lethal league on Roosterteeth.

i need this

I ride for 3 games in this thread: SpeedRunners, Hexcells, and Lethal League. I'm 3/3 as far as I'm concerned.
And Lethal League may be my favorite of the threeeee.

Jawmuncher

So after finishing Leon's campaign the other day I was a little so so on RE6. After taking Jawmucher's advice and bouncing around the other campaign's I knocked out the first 2 chapters of Chris' campaign and it felt a little better, more in line with RE4-5 style in a kind of Gears of Evil kind of way (with a bonkers b movie plot). Then I bounced over to Jake's which at first rifts with Chris' campaign before carving out it's own path. First 2 chapters were alright, nothing too special (that snow mobile escape did my nut in). Then I got to chapter 3 and for the first time properly used Jake's Hand to Hand skill. Holy shit is that awesome, you can wreck up a whole room in seconds. Went back and played chapter 1 again with my new found knowledge and stun locked Nemesis 2.0 as I comboed him into oblivion.

*approvalnod.gif*
RE6 is one of those games that can really grow on you the more you learn about the mechanics. Can't fix the other problems it has but makes it less of the mess people claim it to be. I need to go and get all the emblems so I can 100% it.

rookiejet

currently watching a lets play of Lethal league on Roosterteeth.

i need this

Yep, it's really great. Simple to grasp but has a lot of depth (like, the setups and mindgames you could do with your plays, so delicious), and stylish too, pretty cool music and art. I had non-fighting game friends play it and they got into it immediately, more than I could ever get them to with other games.

Uraizen

Banned
Thanks for quoting Uraizen's post, would've totally overlooked that. Forever.
I should search for my name more.

Generally yes, but I need a crucial bit of information. Did you play with Plutia? Preferable as team leader?

I did and she was always on my team. Unfortunately she was not the team leader, but in exchange I would sacrifice others to keep her alive.

Monooboe

Funny, I was considering buying the sims 4 from mexican origin but then I realized I had that origin time on it that I've haven't started yet and I thought I can play it right now but didn't really want to... again the need to have something was way stronger than the actual want to play it. Demos or game time needs to be on more games!

Maniac

Banned
I need a new game...

Uuuuuh... Dota 2, but it probably ends up giving you a few horror stories too. They tend to not be as bad, though.

And CSGO would be good for it aswell... Aaaaaand uh...

M&B Warband. :p
Is there anything that Valve doesn't half-ass or mess up? Good lord, this company... How lousy can they get?! Yet no matter what they'll still be successful. For shame.

Well... Some of the features for Steam work flawlessly.

The majority don't, though. And well, they never really half-ass their games. Just... Steam. The thing that making them the most money. :p

Sarcasm

Gifs and webms load instantly and don't lag on my chrome. FF on the other hand lags on everything lol.

PC does need a reformat but waiting for W10.

So...yeah. I just finished the Burial at Sea DLCs and, uh...

It was something alright. Much like Star Wars 1-3 were to the original trilogy.

ViviOggi

I need a new game...

The correct answer is Dota 2 but Hearthstone's alright

zkylon

zkylewd
entitled.jpg

when your game needs a graphic to convince people you're not ripping them off, then you royally fucked up

edit: for the record this is a p4r thing haha

have you tried the prototype? gives you a feeling for the gameplay and was pretty fun; the cpu there really kicked my butt though, i was horrible at it haha
hmmm thats actually pretty fun. i should've gotten it way back when russian versions could still be redeemed, it was like 2 bucks. oh well.
Or...I could pay $8 and not buy any of the DLC.

Oh, wait! I already have! Sorry Take-Two.

HEYOOO right there with you! i got no problem with evolve. spent $8 on that shit. if i can even get 2 hours of solid fun I'm happy. honestly tho I hope the game has a long life, i hate when multiplayer focused games die in like 3 months tops.

zkylon

zkylewd
fallout new vegas

120 hours = $120
180 locations = $180 $150 special offer!!!
trait system = $15 msrp
reputation system = $20 msrp
iron sights enhancement module = $10
6 fully voiced companions = $60
2 companions with no vo = $15
$390 value for $60!!

what a steal!!!

Just to make sure: That article is a joke. Literally.
oh haha

wouldn't surprise me, as bobby kotick has said similar things in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom