• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Is there any way to play Civ 5 on Windows 8 without launching Steam in admin mode? I try to play and it crashes on the starting loading screen. Between trying to play that, Dirt 3, and GTA 4, today has fucking sucked for PC gaming.

I played CIV5 on my windows 8 laptop just fine ages ago. Did you try different launching options in the Set up that pops up before the game?

I know you can choose between dx9, dx11, and a windows 8 touch screen thing.

Ozium

In Civ 5 when the mouse arrow appears try clicking on the screen to prevent it from crashing, it should turn into the little loading globe icon...

works every time.

Miguel81

Chrono Trigger and the Xenogears would also be great to have on Steam. Have hard copies, but digital is so damn convenient and those two are great.

Ozium

Geez it must suck being a hardcore FF fan.
Games everywhere. Worst than RE.

at least the FF games are, for the most part, their own story.

wanted to keep up with the story of Kingdom Hearts? Hope you have a PS2, a DS, a PSP, a 3DS, and soon a PS4/Xbone... edit: forgot the GBA also.... ridiculous

luckily there's the HD Remixes, so now you only need a PS3, a 3DS and PS4/Xbone...
lol

entitled.jpg

when your game needs a graphic to convince people you're not ripping them off, then you royally fucked up

edit: for the record this is a p4r thing haha
Are the orange and red text supposed to be different speakers or something? One seems very aggressive, while the other seems overly explanatory. (and artistically-inclined).

Weird.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
at least the FF games are, for the most part, their own story.

wanted to keep up with the story of Kingdom Hearts? Hope you have a PS2, a DS, a PSP, a 3DS, and soon a PS4/Xbone... edit: forgot the GBA also.... ridiculous

luckily there's the HD Remixes, so now you only need a PS3, a 3DS and PS4/Xbone...
lol

Just wait until KH 1.5 Secundus Decisive Edition and KH 2.5 Dream Flux: Hype Mix to make it to PS4, Xbone, and
not
PC :3

Thank you based square enix game generator.

Kanokare

Just wait until KH 1.5 Secundus Decisive Edition and KH 2.5 Dream Flux: Hype Mix to make it to PS4, Xbone, and
not
PC :3

Thank you based square enix game generator.

Knowing SE, if it were to come to PC it'll come at a jarring ~20-30 fps because of optimization and take 3 or so months to be patched a little to support 60 fps better. And I'll buy it day one knowing this.

Ozium

Knowing SE, if it were to come to PC it'll come at a jarring ~20-30 fps because of optimization and take 3 or so months to be patched a little to support 60 fps better. And I'll buy it day one knowing this.

Durante would have it fixed in a weekend tho..

zkylon

zkylewd
Chrono Trigger and the Xenogears would also be great to have on Steam. Have hard copies, but digital is so damn convenient and those two are great.
even if i played the xenosaga games last year i think i would play it all over again if they did an hd remaster with a decent framerate

fortunately my secret sources tell me valve will announce it at gdc along with square and enix finally parting ways and suikoden 6 being released in late 2015

since we're talking final fantasy, get ready for the best 2 hours your ears will ever have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiAWP_mcIzY

makes you want to buy every FF game on steam doesn't it?

nobuo uematsu came to argieland to play with the final fantasy orchestra thing a couple years ago

i freaked out so hard

awesome shit, if you ever get the chance go

Miguel81

even if i played the xenosaga games last year i think i would play it all over again if they did an hd remaster with a decent framerate

fortunately my secret sources tell me valve will announce it at gdc along with square and enix finally parting ways and suikoden 6 being released in late 2015

Ah, Xenosaga. Never got to play Episode 3, and new copies are expensive. Read that it was the best out of the three so it's on the to-do list.

Edit: I'll probably just get a used one.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ah, Xenosaga. Never got to play Episode 3, and new copies are expensive. Read that it was the best out of the three so it's on the to-do list.

Edit: I'll probably just get a used one.

i adquired it through argie means and played it on emulator and enjoyed it lots

would love to give people money for a new version

Annubis

The DS version tends to get a lot of love. I'm only familiar with the SNES(great) and PSOne(not so great) versions.

Personally, I find that the best part of the DS version is the new bow for Marle.
It makes her not completely useless endgame.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
To those who've played Unity, how are annoying are the nomad chests to unlock? I'm wondering if I should bother with them since, IIRC, they don't count towards 100% completion.

Zafir

To those who've played Unity, how are annoying are the nomad chests to unlock? I'm wondering if I should bother with them since, IIRC, they don't count towards 100% completion.

Well, unless they changed it, it was done through the mobile app? It was very similar to the assassins being sent out in previous games, with them taking anything from 10 mins to 10 hours+. You had to do at least 3 missions to unlock a given chest, along with some puzzle. I personally started doing it and just got bored...

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The Silent Hill 2 stream with Guy and Dave (James and Eddie's voice actors) was really something special, now want harder than ever for the Silent Hill to come to Steam. Oh well, in my restless dreams, I suppose.

Zafir

The Silent Hill 2 stream with Guy and Dave (James and Eddie's voice actors) was really something special, now want harder than ever for the Silent Hill to come to Steam. Oh well, in my restless dreams, I suppose.

Yeah, I stayed up to watch it. I'm not the biggest Silent Hill fan, only really played 2, but it was a very interesting and informative stream. It was great hearing all background information on different parts as they got to them in the game.

Corpekata

Banned

Takes forever given the timers on the apps. AFAIK they were looking to either reduce or even eliminate that soon though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, unless they changed it, it was done through the mobile app? It was very similar to the assassins being sent out in previous games, with them taking anything from 10 mins to 10 hours+. You had to do at least 3 missions to unlock a given chest, along with some puzzle. I personally started doing it and just got bored...

Sounds tedious. I might give it a miss.

Tizoc

If you have a DualShock 2 just press the Analog button.
If you have a DualShock 4 just make a profile for the game with analog stick mapped to D-Pad and vice versa.
If you have a X360 controller, then... dear god, why would you want to use D-Pad on this?!

I use a DS4, how would I make a profile? Is it through Jase's sugg.?

robotrock

Banned
Anyone remember what the Steam daily deal was yesterday? I heard it was something good. Today is Valkyria Chronicles or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom