• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Has anyone curated the deals currently on Nuuvem for much less than US prices?

what do you mean curated? as in checking if they're region-locked?

I may wait for some confirmation then :p

yeah, good idea

discount has been on forever so i'm sure someone will answer soon

you can also drop them a message by their twitter, i did once and they replied just fine (tho it's sunday and sleepy hours in this part of the world)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I may wait for some confirmation then :p

That's where I got my copy and it activated just fine (I'm in the USA). I believe the keys are locked to the Americas so they may not work if you're not in North/South America.

Tizoc

You can use the DS4Windows J2K Profile window. Just map the Left Stick UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT to the D-pad's corresponding directions and vice versa.

Guess it's time I switched to it then.
Does it allow me to assign a PS3 cntroller as Player 2?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sometimes 2AM is the best time to code stuff.

So I wrote a new API for Enhanced Steam that takes a list of appids and returns a JSON serialized list of the average card prices for each. What does this mean in English? It means that when you visit your badges page with Enhanced Steam, it will now batch all of the badges together and get their average card prices all at once, instead of having to make a server request for each one individually. Doing it this was is significantly faster, and it reduces the load on the API servers.

I'll also be using this new API with Idle Master, so that you'll be able to idle your games by prioritizing the ones with the most expensive cards (or least expensive, if that's your thing). I'll likely be updating the python version as well to use this new API for the same purpose, because it's quite a bit faster.

So all around it's a win/win.

Milamber

That FFX/X-2 talk a few posts ago up top got me thinking that we must be able to have a higher chance with Dragon Quest VIII on Steam, and by extension the rest of the remakes, because it was released also on iOS.

Weird vertical resolution not withstanding.

Copons

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-47CAE3DD70457A7A - Taken by Copons. 59 entrants total.

image.php

uwDZ6tJ.gif

Monooboe

So I wrote a new API for Enhanced Steam that takes a list of appids and returns a JSON serialized list of the average card prices for each. What does this mean in English? It means that when you visit your badges page with Enhanced Steam, it will now batch all of the badges together and get their average card prices all at once, instead of having to make a server request for each one individually. Doing it this was is significantly faster, and it reduces the load on the API servers.

I'll also be using this new API with Idle Master, so that you'll be able to idle your games by prioritizing the ones with the most expensive cards (or least expensive, if that's your thing). I'll likely be updating the python version as well to use this new API for the same purpose, because it's quite a bit faster.

That sounds great, good job!

Just realize that there are missable dungeons on Neptunia. I was planning to craft swim suits.
Damn, NG+ then.

Which ones are missable?

Btw. Neptunia still feels a lot like Agarest regarding the VN-Parts. It seems nothing changed beside Agarest Zero and Neptunia Rebirth.

Tesseract

Banned

Xqv5lwG.gif

Ah, Xenosaga. Never got to play Episode 3, and new copies are expensive. Read that it was the best out of the three so it's on the to-do list.

Edit: I'll probably just get a used one.

Yeah, it's the best by far. It's what makes the trilogy worth playing.

Marow

Xenosaga on Steam would be a dream. Or Chrono Trigger. Or why not Grandia? And, and, and and and and.... there's so many possibilities! Speaking of Grandia, whatever happened with GungHo Online? They released Dokuro with little fanfare in December and have been completely quiet since. I hope the release went well and didn't turn them off on releasing more.

-----------

On another note, I have the following games available to trade:

BIT.TRIP RUNNER
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien + Soundtrack
BIT.TRIP BEAT

If someone happens to be interested in any of above, I'd gladly trade some for something of a similar price. They tend to get rather cheap during sales, though, so we'll go from there. If anyone's interested, throw me a message!

Chariot

Fuck, I forgot about the first Lady Blackheart fight.

I was all high and mighty after kicking that bird, just have my ass handed to me by Blackheart. Fuck you Noire, I am going to kick your ass.

Does Apotheon support 60 or 120 FPS+? Was going to play the PS4 version because of plus but the giantbomb video made the framerate look awful.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
hmmm

can taiwan activate SEA gifts?

Nope.

Added traderegions

csa/countries/ar: 1
csa/countries/bo: 1
csa/countries/br: 1
csa/countries/bs: 1
csa/countries/bz: 1
csa/countries/cl: 1
csa/countries/co: 1
csa/countries/cr: 1
csa/countries/ec: 1
csa/countries/gt: 1
csa/countries/gy: 1
csa/countries/hn: 1
csa/countries/mx: 1
csa/countries/ni: 1
csa/countries/pa: 1
csa/countries/pe: 1
csa/countries/py: 1
csa/countries/sr: 1
csa/countries/sv: 1
csa/countries/uy: 1
csa/countries/ve: 1
rcis/countries/am: 1
rcis/countries/az: 1
rcis/countries/by: 1
rcis/countries/ge: 1
rcis/countries/kg: 1
rcis/countries/kz: 1
rcis/countries/md: 1
rcis/countries/ru: 1
rcis/countries/tj: 1
rcis/countries/tm: 1
rcis/countries/ua: 1
rcis/countries/uz: 1
sea/countries/id: 1
sea/countries/my: 1
sea/countries/ph: 1
sea/countries/sg: 1
sea/countries/th: 1
try/countries/tr: 1

JaseC

dammit volvo why did you have to over-complicate things

i expect hl3 or l4d3 to be released this year if you don't have better things to do other than region lock everything

Well, L4D3 in Q4 is a "maybe", depending on whether or not Valve announces it within the next few months. HL3 is +12 months at best, but even that's optimistic. One thing is for sure, though: this is the year Half-Life 3 surpasses Team Fortress 2 as Valve's longest-gestating project, and to make you feel old, next May is the point where it'll have been a whole decade since Valve announced Episode Three.

Well, L4D3 in Q4 is a "maybe", depending on whether or not Valve announces it within the next few months. HL3 is +12 months at best, but even that's optimistic. One thing is for sure, though: this is the year Half-Life 3 surpasses Team Fortress 2 as Valve's longest-gestating project, and to make you feel old, next May is the point where it'll have been a whole decade since Valve announced Episode Three.

L4D3 could still launch later this year as a beta, if they don't announce it soon. But when do you reckon could we except an announcement? This month there's a Dota update, they won't be talking about anything else. Next month, there's GDC where it's about Steam Machines, then comes their annual holiday, Summer is TI season, so April? May?

baterism

Which ones are missable?

Btw. Neptunia still feels a lot like Agarest regarding the VN-Parts. It seems nothing changed beside Agarest Zero and Neptunia Rebirth.

I think it is Millennium Labyrinth and Dees something. Basically you need a Add Enemy Plan for Dongkong something (cmiiw) which will appeared on Chapter 5 from an NPC, to get Add Dungeon Plan. If you passed Chap 5 without talking to that NPC, you out of luck.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Delusibeta, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Delusibeta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Long Live The Queen -- MB-8028C3FBBA168994 - Taken by gaiadyne. 42 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-CB1F893D65F098C7 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 11 entrants total.
Hitman Blood Money -- MB-8232F78F3511355C - Taken by skullmuffins. 12 entrants total.

t1423444670z1.png

Monooboe

I retract this statement. I was just a bit rusty.

So you are liking it? Been meaning to go back to it and just lower some setting to get it to run smoothly. Last time I played it though and seeing that "optional objectives" unlocks skillpoints made me go "nope" and closed it haha. Loved collecting stuff though and the town.

JaseC

That being the case, an amazon code would be the best option correct?

I'd say so, assuming it's half off there, too. If nothing else, at least you avoid PayPal's international transfer fee.

L4D3 could still launch later this year as a beta, if they don't announce it soon. But when do you reckon could we except an announcement? This month there's a Dota update, they won't be talking about anything else. Next month, there's GDC where it's about Steam Machines, then comes their annual holiday, Summer is TI season, so April? May?

I don't think Valve would use Early Access for a game destined for retail in fear or angering its retail distirbution partner -- sure, the game isn't complete, but it's still a potential lost sale given that EA games can't be "bait and switch" schemes that see you investing in one project that ultimately becomes something entirely separate. You may recall that Electronic Arts bitching about Valve's intention to unlock Portal 2 for ARG completionists the Friday before release is why we got the GLaDOS@Home thing that postponed the unlock until Monday and I don't see a tangible difference between that and allowing people to buy in at the Early Access level.

So you are liking it? Been meaning to go back to it and just lower some setting to get it to run smoothly. Last time I played it though and seeing that "optional objectives" unlocks skillpoints made me go "nope" and closed it haha. Loved collecting stuff though and the town.

Yeah, I'm liking it. I had to upgrade from 2x 2GB 670s to a 4GB 980 to get it playable, but as far as optional objectives are concerned, I think you only need to complete one to unlock the additional skill point as I just finished a mission but failed the second optional objective yet still earned two points. Also, the Intiiates program was such an utter failure that Ubi patched the game such that the Intiate chests can now be unlocked regardless of your level. If only it'd do the same with the Nomad chests... (Neither are tied to 100% completion, but they are ever-present on your map.)

Monooboe

Yeah, I'm liking it. I had to upgrade from 2x 2GB 670s to a 4GB 980 to get it playable, but as far as optional objectives are concerned, I think you only need to complete one to unlock the additional skill point as I just finished a mission but failed the second optional objective yet still earned two points. Also, the Intiiates program was such an utter failure that Ubi patched the game such that the Intiate chests can now be unlocked regardless of your level. If only it'd do the same with the Nomad chests... (Neither are tied to 100% completion, but they are ever-present on your map.)

Sounds good, with your endorsement I will definitely give a genuine go.:D Those Nomad chest and the app is quite buggy, it has reset for me a couple of times so had to redo all the puzzles and timed missions.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of madjoki, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (madjoki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dungeon of the Endless -- MB-50FAB914ED9E7007 - Taken by thereisnoif. 82 entrants total.

t1423407260z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom