• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
New VN on Steam Greenlight with a odd release structure going on. Game is currently on Kickstarter askibg for 6k for a iOS release. They want to reach 12k for a pc release. However if the game is greenlit they will release the pc version regardless if they reach the 12K.
Looks like a Chobits ripoff, upvoted.

def sim

To those who've played Unity, how are annoying are the nomad chests to unlock? I'm wondering if I should bother with them since, IIRC, they don't count towards 100% completion.

Annoying enough that I stopped even before I could open my first chest. It's not worth it and there are no achievements attached to the thing, afaik.

I don't think Valve would use Early Access for a game destined for retail in fear or angering its retail distirbution partner -- sure, the game isn't complete, but it's still a potential lost sale given that EA games can't be "bait and switch" schemes that see you investing in one project that ultimately becomes something entirely separate. You may recall that Electronic Arts bitching about Valve's intention to unlock Portal 2 for ARG completionists the Friday before release is why we got the GLaDOS@Home thing that postponed the unlock until Monday and I don't see a tangible difference between that and allowing people to buy in at the Early Access level.

Retail or not, I can't see Valve launching a product without a beta. Not the current Valve. If nothing else they could have short betas or multiple phases. Titanfall had it, Destiny and Evolve had them. Why not Valve?

guys, Crystal Story II is amazing: there is a zombie defense minigame, cards minigame, crafting, alchemy, pets that you can dress up and drop on head of your enemies, hacking chests minigame, hunts and I barely just started a game!
and let's not forget fishing! I haven't got to it yet tho

I've been saying it for a while. It's one of the best Flash RPG's I've ever played.

About Suikoden 2, you really really want to play the first one before and then load its save file while starting Suikoden 2, trust me on this.
The first suikoden is only 10-15 hours long, 20 max, second one is 30-50 hours.

I'm only 12 hours in, but I'm rushing so I can see the conclusion of Clive's sidequest. What a pain in the ass that whole thing is.

Otherwise, the game's really good. Not feeling the strategy battles, though.

637x358.resizedimage

I get that she's a android or something but could her eyes be any more cold & dead?

create new steam account, use credit card from EU if you can, gift it to your TW account, activate since you are physically in the EU.

problem solved, plus you end up with a EU account you can use to bypass region lock. you can even use your TW cc on it

source: turned my steam account into US, can use SG cc on it, have another SG account for 26% discount (from exchange rate)

alternatively, use EU paypal (transfered from a TW paypal) in the EU store
That's a lot of hoop jumping! Found it on Amazon and bought it. Thanks anyway.

_hekk05

Banned
Retail or not, I can't see Valve launching a product without a beta. Not the current Valve. If nothing else they could have short betas or multiple phases. Titanfall had it, Destiny and Evolve had them. Why not Valve?

I fully expect to close out of a game one day and get one of those steam ads and it'll say: Left 4 Dead 3! Purchase now!

That's a lot of hoop jumping! Found it on Amazon and bought it.

Well at least I got out of future possible region locks and can still enjoy the discounts offered to me by my currency.

Though I think having it in US region makes it prone to scammers. Never used to get them until I changed regions

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

And the beta invites would be marketable one-time-use items like the mobile beta or trading card beta invites. They would sell for a huge amount and Valve would turn a tidy profit from their 10% cut of marketplace sales without having even released the game.

madjoki

And the beta invites would be marketable one-time-use items like the mobile beta or trading card beta invites. They would sell for a huge amount and Valve would turn a tidy profit from their 10% cut of marketplace sales without having even released the game.

It's 15%+ cut. 5% to Valve and 10% to developer (Valve in this case). Additionally, both are calculated and rounded up separately. (So when invites eventually be 3 cents, Valve would get 66% cut).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's 15%+ cut. 5% to Valve and 10% to developer (Valve in this case). Additionally, both are calculated and rounded up separately. (So when invites eventually be 3 cents, Valve would get 66% cut).

Ah, right you are. I guess they would eventually be $0.03 if they produce enough beta signups. I was thinking something like making a contest out of it like the hardware beta, where maybe 10,000-15,000 people got invites and that was it. If they were that scarce, I could see the beta invites for Half Life 3 selling for $60 or more on the marketplace meaning Valve would get a pretty substantial take each time it changed hands.

Not that I'm trying to give them any ideas or anything...

Nzyme32

Here's some quality journalism from Polygon
Yesterday Blow tweeted this RE: The Witness

A speedrun. By the developer of the game. That time doesn't mean a lot for a new player.

But to Polygon it means this

wow

Very disappointed that Polygon:

• Haven't actually responded with any reasoning for their decision to tweet and post an article claiming as such
  • Didn't actually publish a retraction despite publishing the article
  • Haven't yet updated the article to say "creator claims 50+ hrs" haha

Khronico

Gosh I was looking at Sunless Sea screens on it's store page and felt so physically uncomfortable I had to stop. Deep water terrifies me like spiders do zky.

Game looks really cool though.

Polygon continues its efforts to one-up itself, with shocking results.
Gosh I was looking at Sunless Sea screens on it's store page and felt so physically uncomfortable I had to stop. Deep water terrifies me like spiders do zky.

Game looks really cool though.

You have nothing to worry about. The zee is entirely different from normal oceans.

Sendou

Very disappointed that Polygon:

• Haven't actually responded with any reasoning for their decision to tweet and post an article claiming as such
  • Didn't actually publish a retraction despite publishing the article
  • Haven't yet updated the article to say "creator claims 50+ hrs" haha

Yeah. It's one thing to screw up which is something I think everybody does once in a while (even if it's starting to feel it happens to Polygon more often than to the others) but not dealing with it appropriately is unacceptable.

Still very much looking forward to The Witness. It feels like Blow is really taking the concept as far as it can go.

dex3108

Yeap Far Cry 4 definitely feels better than Far Cry 3. Random events are nice, many different side missions, verticality is also nice addition, autodrive too. It is Far Cry 3,5 but they improved almost everything. Can't wait to see what will they do with next-gen only Far Cry :D

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well people watching my stream convinced me to play Dino Crisis for the first time right after I finish Resident Evil 3. I'll follow it up with this:
zmeC7vr.png

Madn

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madn, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Marine Sharpshooter II: Jungle Warfare -- MB-889B5AB64ACE749E - Taken by factorone

Oreoleo

In regards to the achievement showcase on user profiles, is there an easy way to see at a glance which games you have all/almost all achievements for?

SpyGuy239

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SpyGuy239, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-90A9C3B80EEC2807 - Taken by Akuosa. 7 entrants total.
Viking: Battle for Asgard -- MB-C2D7962DC033A759 - Taken by xBladeM6x. 2 entrants total.
Dreamcast Collection -- MB-AF26226E4E31376C - Taken by KainXVIII. 4 entrants total.
Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC) [REQUIRES BASE GAME] -- MB-E130D3D4686A2FC1
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-E77689E3B853532C - Taken by Regginator. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-4C12C7418AFD96A3 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 10 entrants total.
NiGHTS Into Dreams -- MB-E57AAB0000C65615 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 4 entrants total.
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II -- MB-44F33A7B74EA080A - Taken by alr1ght. 18 entrants total.
Empire: Total War -- MB-3603114D62A1F62B - Taken by thereisnoif. 7 entrants total.

t1423504658z1.png

Enjoy GAF.

Maniac

Banned
Guys... I caved in. It's not like I need to pay my cellphone bill, right?

So anyway, yay humblebundle. Which KOTOR mods is it that I need? :p

I can't decide if I really want Valkiria Chronicles... It seems like a interesting game at least, but I just can't justify $10 on something I don't know if I'll like or not.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
so i apparently used the Fire Keeper Soul from Knight Lautrec to enhance the flask instead of reviving Anastacia.

I'm pretty fucked, aren't I?

Nah, you can still teleport there. So for 4 Kings/New Londo, just start from a bonfire that's proper buffed and teleport to Firelink. When you die you will be sent back to the last bonfire you used and just have to TP to Firelink to start your run over again.

Cool spoiler. Also, doesn't really matter.

The game is 4 years old, figured I was good....

I'll remove it's a problem.

Nah, you can still teleport there. So for 4 Kings/New Londo, just start from a bonfire that's proper buffed and teleport to Firelink. When you die you will be sent back to the last bonfire you used and just have to TP to Firelink to start your run over again.

ah, right. Still sucks, but I guess it'll work out.

Thanks

edit : no more goofy Brady? boo

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I can't decide if I really want Valkiria Chronicles... It seems like a interesting game at least, but I just can't justify $10 on something I don't know if I'll like or not.

If you're undecided, wait until it is cheaper. VC is a single player game, you aren't missing anything by being prudent with your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom