• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

I don't understand why everytime someone brings up the subject of spoilers, everyone falls all over themselves to blurt out every spoiler they can think of. I mean it's not that any of those are actually spoiling me, it's just really tired.

nofunallowed.jpg

Clouds in Super Mario Bros. are recolored bushes.

Arthea

You should make a backloggery account to manually keep track of your games, and feel compelled to play them.

Manually? of thousands of games? Who do you think I am? Immortal?

I actually did it today with all my PS Games, and put them all on an Excel file.
I was going to do it with my Steam, but there are too many games and I think Steam itself os already well organized.

That has to be sarcasm, just has to (><)

As far as Steam is concerned, you can view your games list on SteamDB (note that it includes Free on Demand games), which makes copying/pasting the data into Excel nice and easy.

Yeah, I tried that, but including free games doesn't help, too much editing has to be done and no dlcs too!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not doing a beta (on consoles), on their new engine, after all the rocky launches of last year? That's bold :p

All the more reason to limit it to the platform where the devs have complete and instant control over the game, haha.

zkylon

zkylewd
i dunno what changed but now when i open steam it defaults to hate plus instead of skyrim

much, much better

Here's some quality journalism from Polygon
Yesterday Blow tweeted this RE: The Witness

A speedrun. By the developer of the game. That time doesn't mean a lot for a new player.

But to Polygon it means this

wow
omg lol that's hilarious

How long is Suikoden 2? Is it hard?
Also is ok starting with 2 if you never played 1?
pretty long

not too hard, just a bit

it's ok t ostart on 2

and it's fucking awesome game

Arthea

pretty long

not too hard, just a bit

it's ok t ostart on 2

and it's fucking awesome game

how can you say that? It's not OK to start with 2 for many reasons, one of them being that you need first game save, not gonna tell for what, spoilers and even more, these aren't unrelated games, you know. How can you say things like that? (&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

dex3108

The next Far Cry is Dying Light, for what it's worth.

I didn't played it but from what i saw it is not my cup of tea :D But yeah next FC could borrow some things from Dying Light.

I grew tired of 4 rather quickly because of its structural similarity to 3. It felt as though I was playing the same with a slightly different coat of paint... because that's exactly what I was doing. At least AssCreed has the fact it's AssCreed. ;) Far Cry just doesn't tickle my fancy in the same way.

I liked FC3 and there are enough of small improvements in FC4 that make difference for me :D

I'll give you a hint: Far Cry 3.6

Nax it will be true 4.0 :D

zkylon

zkylewd
how can you say that? It's not OK to start with 2 for many reasons, one of them being that you need first game save, not gonna tell for what, spoilers and even more, these aren't unrelated games, you know. How can you say things like that? (&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;
i like the other ending more

who cares

it's nice if you play it first, but it's not mandatory

zkylon

zkylewd
18:28 - FfSZDM5tyy0ugl: hi bro i really want your steam cards :D Have good offer for you i hope you enjou this gift <link> )

sounds legit

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
18:28 - FfSZDM5tyy0ugl: hi bro i really want your steam cards :D Have good offer for you i hope you enjou this gift <link> )

sounds legit

I've never met an FfSZDM5tyy0ugl that didn't strike me as trustworthy.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2015-02-08_22-34-37.jpg

ummm ... ok ... that's gonna end well ;)

so O&S was a pretty baller fight co-op. Solaire died like a true Sun Bro. Fuck doing that thing solo though.

When is recommended to do the DLC content?

That's a flawed justification:
1 - It may have x years but someone might have just found out about it (rarer in some cases as this because DS was talked a bunch but they might have not been sure if they wanted to bite and saving themselves for later)
2 - People are born everyday; meaning: as time goes on there'll be more people that don't know about it than those who do, let them find out for themselves.
I wasn't born for 2 decades when Star Wars came out, that doesn't mean I didn't get to enjoy it.

I find that the way one handles spoilers (or potential spoilers) is more about his consideration of others than anything else. If you must talk about it at least don't do it directly.

Of course, this is just my pov on the subject, if you like it: great ^_^ if not: well.... ^_^'

eh. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this point. What I posted is hardly a spoiler for a non-story driven game. (I don't consider Dark Soul story-driven...more gameplay driven).

I mean, if someone posted the ending to BioInf
2013 GOTY
, yeah. I'd say that's probably off limits.

By your standards, we can't really talk about anything remotely close to a 'spoiler' for any game ever.

zkylon

zkylewd
so O&S was a pretty baller fight co-op. Solaire died like a true Sun Bro. Fuck doing that thing solo though.

prolly pretty late game, a few lord souls in is nice since the dlc isn't easy (tho i think there's some level scaling to it? can't remember)

you need to at least visit duke's archive for it

ExoSoul

Banned

eh. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this point. What I posted is hardly a spoiler for a non-story driven game. (I don't consider Dark Soul story-driven...more gameplay driven).

I mean, if someone posted the ending to BioInf
2013 GOTY
, yeah. I'd say that's probably off limits.

By your standards, we can't really talk about anything remotely close to a 'spoiler' for any game ever.

I was gonna give you an example with Bastion since it's a story driven game but to be safe I'd rather not (was gonna do a non-spoiler vs a heavy spoiler version)

You, just like you just did(?), mention the game (and possibly be a bit specific about what you're gonna talk) and put what you wanna talk about it in spoiler tags. Those that know the game or are comfortable with being spoiled will check it, those that wanna keep themselves spoiler-free are safe; win-win.

But you know, to each his own; 'not gonna force you or anything. Live yer life fellow gaffer =)

It's been 4 years since I got my i7 2600k and I don't see myself needing a new cpu in the forseeable future.
The thing will last me longer than any console ever did.
Right now I can throw in a gpu that costs less than half of a current gen console and blow them away performance-wise.
Damn exclusives will end up making me buy one but the prices of games are more off-putting than ever with how cheap PC games have become.
That next-gen tax can definitely still be felt even though it's been more than a year since they released.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
It's been 4 years since I got my i7 2600k and I don't see myself needing a new cpu in the forseeable future.
The thing will last me longer than any console ever did.
Right now I can throw in a gpu that costs less than half of a current gen console and blow them away performance-wise.
Damn exclusives will end up making me buy one but the prices of games are more off-putting than ever with how cheap PC games have become.
That next-gen tax can definitely still be felt even though it's been more than a year since they released.

Thus far, exclusives haven't really done anything for me. Maybe next year or so.

I really don't mind spending 60 dollars for a game. Gaming is a very cheap hobby compared to most for the amount of enjoyment and value it brings. I just don't do it often on the PC because why would you ever when there are so many options to save! Hell, even with console games it's only 50 now because of GCU

SpyGuy239

Hi GAF need some help with Steam

So I'm oeginally from Singapore myselfy was back for holiday and am now back in Irealnd/EU for business.

While i was home just a week ago, I bought some games with my steam account and so saved my credit card details in there.

Just yesterday I bought Homeworld Remastered and Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (hich is on sale) through the Steam program on my PC. I didn't even realise when making payment because the credit card details are all saved that I had paid in Singapore currency and the order went through without any hitches. I WAS NOT USING A VPN AT ANY TIMES.

Now obviously when I wanted to install and couldn't do so (steam wouldn't sllow with the error message blah blah) only then did I realise I had bought a copy from the region that's not where I am now.

I contacted steam support but they still haven't gotten backt to me yet (seriously EA Origin live chat is a million times better than this shit)

Now the game is already IN my libary of steam games. I have no used a VPN to buy any of my games.

What can I do at this point?

Can I use a VPN to install the game?

Goddamned steam restrictions seriously I just want to buy my games and play them without thinking of whether I can play the game when I'm overseas or did I buy it from the correct region.

Thanks GAF for the help.

autoduelist

Very disappointed that Polygon:

It's bad enough that forums get reactionary posts where people completely misunderstand/misrepresent press releases and such. That 'journalists' do it on a regular basis is unacceptable, however. Shit like that can stick in people's memories and cost a developer sales.

so evolve comes out next tuesday right?? i played the beta like 3 months ago i think , will the game performance be better or it will be the same? my pc couldnt handle the game very well when i played it

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Besiege just got a patch :D

Change log - V0.03

ADDITIONAL CONTENT

• Added Half Pipe Block
  • Added Free Rotating Cog Block
  • Added Powered Cog Block
  • Add Heavy Boulder Block
  • Added Unpowered Wheel

IMPROVEMENTS

• Made wood block have slightly higher break force
  • Key-Mapper can now switch blocks while open
  • Key-Mapper window can now be dragged around
  • Added piston speed slider
  • Added Toggle mode to Pistons
  • Added Blood Disable option
  • Made Ice altitude higher
  • Made flying panels freeze at high altitudes
  • Made undo button colliders larger

FIXES

• Fixed hinges becoming rigid when saving
  • Fixed blocks being built whilst clicking on a UI element
  • Fixed grabber triggering out of bounds warning even though it is within bounds

CHANGES

• Renamed 'Powered' tab to 'Machanical'

Damn, I should stop playing Steam games and start making some more to build portfolio…

I should make something with Unreal 4, but I've still got a couple of achievements left in Borderlands: TPS :(

Zafir

Hi GAF need some help with Steam

So I'm oeginally from Singapore myselfy was back for holiday and am now back in Irealnd/EU for business.

While i was home just a week ago, I bought some games with my steam account and so saved my credit card details in there.

Just yesterday I bought Homeworld Remastered and Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (hich is on sale) through the Steam program on my PC. I didn't even realise when making payment because the credit card details are all saved that I had paid in Singapore currency and the order went through without any hitches. I WAS NOT USING A VPN AT ANY TIMES.

Now obviously when I wanted to install and couldn't do so (steam wouldn't sllow with the error message blah blah) only then did I realise I had bought a copy from the region that's not where I am now.

I contacted steam support but they still haven't gotten backt to me yet (seriously EA Origin live chat is a million times better than this shit)

Now the game is already IN my libary of steam games. I have no used a VPN to buy any of my games.

What can I do at this point?

Can I use a VPN to install the game?

Goddamned steam restrictions seriously I just want to buy my games and play them without thinking of whether I can play the game when I'm overseas or did I buy it from the correct region.

Thanks GAF for the help.
Homeworld you shouldn't have problems with, but Sleeping Dogs you'd have to use a VPN to play it unfortunately. Steam support may refund you for it, but who knows how long you'll have to wait.
Will I be banned?

I'm not sure cause it's not like I bought the game through a VPN, or activated it through a VPN. It's arelady in my steam libaray. It just seems that to be able to install it, I need a VPN.

Thanks!
Well, usually you only get locked down if you actually buy using a VPN.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

A speedrun. By the developer of the game. That time doesn't mean a lot for a new player.

wow
I want to make a thread...hmm.

Maniac

Banned
I really don't mind spending 60 dollars for a game. Gaming is a very cheap hobby compared to most for the amount of enjoyment and value it brings. I just don't do it often on the PC because why would you ever when there are so many options to save! Hell, even with console games it's only 50 now because of GCU

I wouldn't mind that either. Only here the retail cost is around $80. And I also mind paying €60. :/

If I was able to pay $60 I'd be gleeful.

Mokoi

Banned
Dying light is a fun zombie game. Barely just started playing, so I haven't really gotten into the core of it yet. The presentation is great, and the simple parkour is a great gameplay feature. Kind of repetitive I guess because I was getting bored already, but that's not to say I'm not enjoying it. Just need to play in short sessions really, and just unlock better stuff. Nighttime is intense in this game. I didn't want none of it and ran into a safehouse like a lil babby. I really enjoyed playing dead island, but this game really really makes dead island seem like shit. Music wise some of the early background tracks are damm good. Voice acting is solid in this game. Story seems predictable already, and I can already tell where it's going to go. Although who really wants to play this game for the story.

Overall I don't know if it's worth 60 smacks because I don't think I've ever paid $60 for a steam game. I just bought it on a whim. Something like dark souls 2 I would say is worth $60, but really I just place more value on games I'm more into. Games with waifus definitely have more value.

Just got through episode 1 of The Detail. Impressions:

The graphics: It's done in a sort of comic book style, very similar to Cognition, except it had more focus on 2-D. In that sense, I suppose it's truer to the comic book form, but in my opinion it didn't look as good. Some sections try their best to look "gritty" using the heavily-inked black-and-white look common to more indie style comic books, and it's sort of effective.

The gameplay: You point, you click, but ultimately things come down to dialogue choices. They took a page out of Telltale's book for this one, except I'd say there are even fewer puzzles in the Detail, if you can believe that. I did get every achievement which means I looked through a lot of the different options. As far as the first episode went, pretty much nothing changed. There were a few minor details here and there, but most of the time you get to choose between bad and worse. And speaking of getting every achievement:

The length: It took me 79 minutes to finish the first episode. And that's with me dicking around to look at stuff and reading slowly. To get all the achievements, running through it once more fully and once more partially, it should take you about 2.5 hours. My playtime reads 2.9 hours but I left it on while I ate dinner. Bottom line, it's even shorter than a Telltale episode.

The story and dialogue: You play mostly as Detective Reggie Moore, a hard-ass who looks like a cross between Detective Sipowicz and Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, who's getting disenchanted with the way things are run on the force, and Joe Miller, an ex-con turned informant and family man, who gets roped into going undercover for the cops...with an establishing scene of his lovely wife and cute daughter to let you know that nothing could possibly go wrong for this family *wink wink.* You also briefly play as a pair of cops for a few scenes. At any rate, the crux of the story is the death of a mob boss and a looming gang war. A lot of it seems to be all over the place, and you'll have a hard time believing anyone actually talks the way they do in this game - it's like a bad cop drama - but it's got enough action to keep you invested.

The voice acting: Nonexistent. Just throwing that out there.

The verdict: It's not bad, but it is short and Telltale-esque, and until more episodes come out so you can see just how much your choices actually mattered, if at all, for now it seems pretty shallow. Honestly I was expecting a bit more out of it, or maybe Cognition just spoiled me. My recommendation is to wait on this one. I wouldn't jump to buy and play this episode on its own. But once it's all said and done, maybe it'll be worth it to...pay attention to Detail.

wow

Are the extra clicks from the attention grabbing headline worth no one wanting to talk with them because of stuff like this?

Corpekata

Banned
I don't even know if I'd call that stuff clickbait. It's not like there's anything particularly inflammatory about the game being 6 hours, so no extra clicks would really be generated. I'd just call it being dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom