• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uraizen

Banned
Fuck, I forgot about the first Lady Blackheart fight.

I was all high and mighty after kicking that bird, just have my ass handed to me by Blackheart. Fuck you Noire, I am going to kick your ass.

No kidding.

I thought I was supposed to lose that part. That's how badly I got destroyed by her. Talk about a difficulty spike. In contrast, I beat the game at 10 levels under what I was recommended to. Team Noire, Vert, and Plutia were godlike.

Haunted

so i apparently used the Fire Keeper Soul from Knight Lautrec to enhance the flask instead of reviving Anastacia.

I'm pretty fucked, aren't I?
I'm pretty sure you can't revive her with any other Fire Keeper Soul, so yeah you're fucked. :D

That said, it's just one bonfire you'll be missing out of many.

Milamber

Goddammit Steam! Stop recommending MMO's to me!
Why the hell should I go back to my old mmo addictions...

16dkP8H.png

Uhhh.... well.... hmmm....

ExoSoul

Banned
The game is 4 years old, figured I was good...

That's a flawed justification:
1 - It may have x years but someone might have just found out about it (rarer in some cases as this because DS was talked a bunch but they might have not been sure if they wanted to bite and saving themselves for later)
2 - People are born everyday; meaning: as time goes on there'll be more people that don't know about it than those who do, let them find out for themselves.
I wasn't born for 2 decades when Star Wars came out, that doesn't mean I didn't get to enjoy it.

I find that the way one handles spoilers (or potential spoilers) is more about his consideration of others than anything else. If you must talk about it at least don't do it directly.

Of course, this is just my pov on the subject, if you like it: great ^_^ if not: well.... ^_^'

DocSeuss

Yeap Far Cry 4 definitely feels better than Far Cry 3. Random events are nice, many different side missions, verticality is also nice addition, autodrive too. It is Far Cry 3,5 but they improved almost everything. Can't wait to see what will they do with next-gen only Far Cry :D

The next Far Cry is Dying Light, for what it's worth.

Grief.exe

Yeap Far Cry 4 definitely feels better than Far Cry 3. Random events are nice, many different side missions, verticality is also nice addition, autodrive too. It is Far Cry 3,5 but they improved almost everything. Can't wait to see what will they do with next-gen only Far Cry :D

I'll give you a hint: Far Cry 3.6

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I grew tired of 4 rather quickly because of its structural similarity to 3. It felt as though I was playing the same with a slightly different coat of paint... because that's exactly what I was doing. At least AssCreed has the fact it's AssCreed. ;) Far Cry just doesn't tickle my fancy in the same way.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I grew tired of 4 rather quickly because of its structural similarity to 3. It felt as though I was playing the same with a slightly different coat of paint... because that's exactly what I was doing. At least AssCreed has the fact it's AssCreed. ;) Far Cry just doesn't tickle my fancy in the same way.

you seem biased ;)

Toybox Turbox really seems to be dead, it's not even attempting to find any multiplayer games.
Need one last achievement (play a MP game against anyone), anyone up for a quick race?

Arthea

Toybox Turbox really seems to be dead, it's not even attempting to find any multiplayer games.
Need one last achievement (play a MP game against anyone), anyone up for a quick race?

That's why I think devs shouldn't include MP achievements, unless it's multi only game.

edited: on point of spoilers, I think spoilers have no expiration date at all, old game or not, there will be people that still haven't played it, the same with movies and anything else spoilerable.

JaseC

Retail or not, I can't see Valve launching a product without a beta. Not the current Valve. If nothing else they could have short betas or multiple phases. Titanfall had it, Destiny and Evolve had them. Why not Valve?

Oh, a temporary beta, sure. When you said "launch as a beta" I gathered you meant something along the lines of Early Access, where the game is available in perpetuity until its formal release.

That's why I think devs shouldn't include MP achievements, unless it's multi only game.

Agreed, but at least it's not a grinding-madness achievement so it's not all that bad.
Such an underwhelming game though, was so happy to see a micro machines-clone and expected much more from it, but it fell flat.

Oh, a temporary beta, sure. When you said "launch as a beta" I gathered you meant something along the lines of Early Access, where the game is available in perpetuity until its formal release.

That's what I meant. Then in the next post I go "if nothing else then temporary". And what if they launch the Steam version as EA, then later for the consoles they have temporaries before the actual launch?

Teeth

I don't like how SteamDB's app/sub prices are now listed in descending order. oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg

Let me feel good about myself. :(

Sorry, here: You are a helpful and kind person and have the fortitude to stick up for your opinions no matter what the zeitgeist says.

There's something to be be proud of.

Arthea

I really need find the way to export in text format all my digital libraries, to keep track.
No service seem to think we need that! be it gog, or steam or desura or psn, or, well you get the gist.
What to do?

JaseC

That's what I meant. Then in the next post I go "if nothing else then temporary". And what if they launch the Steam version as EA, then later for the consoles they have temporaries before the actual launch?

I don't see Valve doing a beta for consoles. Instead it'd be used to incentivise purchases of the PC version since Steam is where Valve wants players to be, plus there are patch certification times to consider and we all know how Valve is about patches on consoles. ;)

Sorry, here: You are a helpful and kind person and have the fortitude to stick up for your opinions no matter what the zeitgeist says.

There's something to be be proud of.

<3

I really need find the way to export in text format all my digital libraries, to keep track.
No service seem to think we need that! be it gog, or steam or desura or psn, or, well you get the gist.
What to do?

As far as Steam is concerned, you can view your games list on SteamDB (note that it includes Free on Demand games), which makes copying/pasting the data into Excel nice and easy.

AsfaeksBR

What to do?

I actually did it today with all my PS Games, and put them all on an Excel file.
I was going to do it with my Steam, but there are too many games and I think Steam itself os already well organized.

I don't see Valve doing a beta for consoles. Instead it'd be used to incentivise purchases of the PC version since Steam is where Valve wants players to be, plus there are patch certification times to consider and we all know how Valve is about patches on consoles. ;)

Not doing a beta (on consoles), on their new engine, after all the rocky launches of last year? That's bold :p

Deitus

I don't understand why everytime someone brings up the subject of spoilers, everyone falls all over themselves to blurt out every spoiler they can think of. I mean it's not that any of those are actually spoiling me, it's just really tired.

nofunallowed.jpg

Turfster

okay guys, you've had your little fun.
Let's get back to gaming.

Games Republic is doing a Disney sale, 50% off most of them

Amazon has Shadows of Mordor 40% off

Abomination Tower keys available for Groupees BAGB 12

Banzai Pecan keys available for Groupees USA

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
What to do?

You should make a backloggery account to manually keep track of your games, and feel compelled to play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom