• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
but it's a gaming discussion board, we discuss everything gaming related here including sales, and it won't go away too, as it's just too fun how everybody gets worked up over it, and knows everything better than anybody else, just check this page for confirmation lol

nothing generates such a storm, aside of niche and sales discussions, trust me on this

well good announcements too, but these are rare and they don't really generate a discussion more like hype trains.
I mean, unless you think Koei is just releasing west versions of Vita games for charity, I'm pretty sure I'm absolutely right for them being fine with relatively low sales.

10k at full price is also more revenue than they get from 17k atelier Sophie, so, once again, I'm pretty sure they are quite fine with it.

Ascheroth

Armchair analysing sales is fun though.
What we should talk about is how niche Trails in the sky is.
Too niche.

I'm extremely curious about what's going to happen to Trails after The 3rd is out.
Seeing how Falcom is coming to Steam with Ys VIII and Xanadu Next, I think it's pretty realistic to say that newer Trails games day and date aren't off the table.
But the next one is Cold Steel 3 right? We'd need the other 2 before that.
Please let it happen.
Otherwise only Zero and Ao are still missing, right?

Tonton

Too niche.

I'm extremely curious about what's going to happen to Trails after The 3rd is out.
Seeing how Falcom is coming to Steam with Ys VIII and Xanadu Next, I think it's pretty realistic to say that newer Trails games day and date aren't off the table.
Please let it happen.
We need Zero and Ao before Cold Steel 3 too tbh

Arthea

Too niche.

Please let it happen.

at this point I'd do close to anything for Steel PC ports. I want to play it so bad cuz someone I know is insisting Steel is even better than Trails, but I really don't wanna go back to consoles, like oh Falcomgod how I don't want that.

Yea, Zero and Ao and I still want Gagharv trilogy, which at this point has no chances ever happening, too old, too niche, but it changes nothing, I want it.

fenners

header.jpg

U1PHT7H.gif

It's as weird as you think it is.

Press Turn

Neo Member
I recall seeing Plug and Play footage and it being uh....interesting to say the least.

I would say sign me up for some TrailsCS ports but I was already in that train

Edit:
I still need to finish like all of SC send help

Ascheroth

We need Zero and Ao before Cold Steel 3 too tbh
Technically we need all of them anyway.
But do those especially tie into 3? Western console gamers don't have those games either.
at this point I'd do close to anything for Steel PC ports. I want to play it so bad cuz someone I know is insisting Steel is even better than Trails, but I really don't wanna go back to consoles, like oh Falcomgod how I don't want that.

Yea, Zero and Ao and I still want Gagharv trilogy, which at this point has no chances ever happening, too old, too niche, but it changes nothing, I want it.
I mean I would have never thought we'd get Tokyo Xanadu eX+ or Ys fucking VIII day-and-date with the western console release either.
But look at where we are now.
I recall seeing Plug and Play footage and it being uh....interesting to say the least.

I would say sign me up for some TrailsCS ports but I was already in that train

Edit:
I still need to finish like all of SC send help
You still have likely 2 or 3 months until 3rd. You know what you should be doing :p

Eila

Too niche.

Please let it happen.

Cold Steel I & II are probably hitting steam. Dunno who's in charge of porting them but it's written in the stars.
For Zero and Ao I think we'll have to depend on a fan translation.

Parsnip

IIT Arthea grossly overestimating porting costs.

So.

I actually wanna know why the K-T ports (not sure about Atelier/Azure) still seem to have the crash bugs if you dont run it in W7. Apparently in Berserk it even shows a message, that it should be in the W7 compatibility mode.

I dont know much about coding, engineering and whatnot, but is there any reason why they have to run in W7 mode to stop crashes?
Does Berserk actually crash or are you assuming it does because of the message?

Tonton

Technically we need all of them anyway.
But do those especially tie into 3? Western console gamers don't have those games either.
With the ending of CS2 and the little we already seen of CS3, it's clear that it's gonna be a direct sequel to not only CS2, but Ao
The Crossbell and Cold Steel games were already essentially the same arc running in parallel in different places, which kinda made it easier to go through CS first but I really think you're gonna want to have the Crossbell games for CS3

Ascheroth

With the ending of CS2 and the little we already seen of CS3, it's clear that it's gonna be a direct sequel to not only CS2, but Ao
The Crossbell and Cold Steel games were already essentially the same arc running in parallel in different places, which kinda made it easier to go through CS first but I really think you're gonna want to have the Crossbell games for CS3

Huh, that's interesting (I have played neither of the CS games yet)
I would want Ao and Zero regardless :p
YOU HEARD THAT XSEED? :)

---
Grief is having fun in the Nier thread, I see.
Man, at this point I want the game to come out on the 10th, or at the very least get its real release date mentioned the second the PS4 version is out, just so that I can read the following mental gymnastics.
This situation has been wildly entertaining.

Why are all LCD monitors shit? Why?

IPS: Backlight bleed, poor contrast
TN: Viewing angles, poor colors
VA: Blurring, curved
OLED: They don't exist, lol, also price and durability.

I lucked out by finding professional grade 10-bit IPS monitors for a bargain (their MSRP was 1500 euro, I got two for 370 each). No backlight bleed, great color accuracy, contrast, etc.

They are only 1200p/60Hz, but I've had them for several years now and love them.

Anyone ran through the latest Torment beta build? Achievements are up, it's the 1st 3rd of the game, and saves transfer to the final build so I'm tempted to buy it tonight and get started. Just dying to know how the initial impressions of the writing and tone are tho.

Edit: Pre-release faq source

Anyone ran through the latest Torment beta build? Achievements are up, it's the 1st 3rd of the game, and saves transfer to the final build so I'm tempted to buy it tonight and get started. Just dying to know how the initial impressions of the writing and tone are tho.

Now I'm tempted as well. Didn't want to start and have to replay when the full version was up.

Wok

Was Denuvo removed from Abzû? I remember the game running like crap on my PC, maybe at 15-20 FPS, and I have launched it today and it runs perfectly smoothly (at 30 FPS) with the same settings (everything is High and render resolution is 100% 1080p).

ABZU had a patch yesterday, but I didn't check what was changed
It ran fine for me before too, though

I still have 15 FPS when there are a lot of fish on the screen, other than that, it runs better than in my memory (which was during summer 2016). So it may not be due to yesterday's patch, but a patch released late last year.

IIT Arthea grossly overestimating porting costs.

Does Berserk actually crash or are you assuming it does because of the message?

I dont know. I actually would just like to know the reason why Win7 compatibility mode is used and when you turn them off (in Arslan and AoT), you have constant crashes.

Arthea

Was Denuvo removed from Abzû? I remember the game running like crap on my PC, maybe at 15-20 FPS, and I have launched it today and it runs perfectly smoothly (at 30 FPS) with the same settings (everything is High and render resolution is 100% 1080p).

ABZU had a patch yesterday, but I didn't check what was changed
It ran fine for me before too, though

dave is ok

aztek is ok
My nephew tried to play Arkham City on my account the other day and hit a DRM wall - some Securom bullshit that asked for a CD Key but would not accept the one the game provided.

Deques

My nephew tried to play Arkham City on my account the other day and hit a DRM wall - some Securom bullshit that asked for a CD Key but would not accept the one the game provided.

Did he play the non-GOTY version? As far as I know it is that one that has SecuRom while GOTY version is "pure" Steam version

http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/02/specter-of-torment-and-treasure-trove-initial-release-date/

lead_up_sale-360x360.png

If you haven't yet picked up Shovel Knight on a particular platform, and wanted all the content included within Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, now is the ideal time to do so before the price increases in March! This may be your LAST CHANCE to get it at such a low price!

Specter of Torment is a temporary exclusivity on Switch, it will arrive as a free update to Shovel Knight in April on all other platforms.

AHA-Lambda

Just tried out a little of the Ghost Recon beta.

Nah, seems to be a great vertical slice of all that is wrong with Ubi open world games, and was quickly uninstalled.

Now unless I am mistaken here, from what I played, I can quickly see that the broad set up will be something akin to:

-gathering collectibles to unlock (at least some of) the story missions
-complete story missions that culminate in you killing a target of some interest
-keep killing these targets of interest to allow you to then kill another 2 of further interest up the chain, clearing out a particular "branch" of this drug cartel you're combatting
-do all 4 branches to then face the final boss

All I can see is grind, sounds reminiscent of Mafia 3, but I didn't play that.

yuraya

Just tried out a little of the Ghost Recon beta.

Nah, seems to be a great vertical slice of all that is wrong with Ubi open world games, and was quickly uninstalled.

Now unless I am mistaken here, from what I played, I can quickly see that the broad set up will be something akin to:

-gathering collectibles to unlock (at least some of) the story missions
-complete story missions that culminate in you killing a target of some interest
-keep killing these targets of interest to allow you to then kill another 2 of further interest up the chain, clearing out a particular "branch" of this drug cartel you're combatting
-do all 4 branches to then face the final boss

All I can see is grind, sounds reminiscent of Mafia 3, but I didn't play that.

I've installed it because I've read some people saying it has similarities to MGSV. Will try it later today but I'm not very confident in Ubisoft to pull off something like MGSV tho so my expectations are low.

AHA-Lambda

I've installed it because I've read some people saying it has similarities to MGSV. Will try it later today but I'm not very confident in Ubisoft to pull off something like MGSV tho so my expectations are low.

It may well have the same problems of repetition that come from trudging along an overly large open world space.
But I imagine you can replace MGS V's systems driven gameplay that elevates it, with Ubisoft's standard checklist bumph.

You know the type? Where you spend more time travelling to objectives than actually tackling them?
Where you kill about 6 guards in an outpost to then gather intel/supplies/skill points etc, which you can invest in various skill trees?
And then this lets you tackle another glowing dot on the map?
Oh, a story mission? That'll take 10-15 mins instead of just 5.
And then all of these dots all coalesce into a literal mind map of targets for you to hunt down, and it's right there on your pause screen.

I only played it for about 45-60 mins, but I felt like I could see the entirety of the 30-40 hour experience in front of me, like a strange, shit out of body experience.
So like a lot of Ubisoft's games lately.

EDIT: oh, and the writing is atrociously self serious, but that's no shocker either.

Usobuko

Banned
" Notice: Purchases made in Singapore can only be added to your library if you are in Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand or Viet Nam."

Is there any way I can circumvent this and send a game to someone whose account was made in Portugal and currently in Japan?

Durante

I started playing Saints Row the Third so me and my SO can do a co-op playthrough and... all the cutscenes are locked to 22 fps. The game wasn't always like this right? My GPU is only at about ~60% usage and CPU no where near maxing out, so this seems like a weeeeeird little thing. I mean... It definitely wasn't always like this right?
It definitely wasn't like that when I played it.

but if it was so cheap as you guys imagine, by now everything would be on PC, but it's not so and not even close!
I don't think that has much to do with profitability (and it's getting closer all the time).
From what I know about this I can't imagine that these Atelier ports would cost K-T much more than 150k at the very most. Likely less, especially after the first one.

That's not to say, of course, that you all don't need to buy Firis at full price. Because you all do need to buy Firis.

at this point I'd do close to anything for Steel PC ports.
I don't expect that you need to do anything other than wait.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of hardcastlemccormick, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 26 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hardcastlemccormick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-ED5B3D13989BDF10 - Taken by T-Rex.. 9 entrants total.
2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-44E538D3E3FD8FEB - Taken by Platy. 10 entrants total.
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-25CC67E20ECDE97C - Taken by Pafnucy. 4 entrants total.
Chroma Squad -- MB-84C70633DE827687 - Taken by Cth. 4 entrants total.
GRAV -- MB-0EDDFC5C9D665F83 - Taken by Sarcasm. 6 entrants total.
Girls Like Robots -- MB-FF6503F1741DE655 - Taken by dave is ok. 10 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-E1D7F6D2AECF4BEB - Taken by lazerfox. 1 entrants total.
Hand of Fate -- MB-12E72512B42355F7 - Taken by spindoctor. 29 entrants total.
Human Resource Machine -- MB-E562D3C82B74B665 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 4 entrants total.
No Time To Explain -- MB-25CB0A7939941348 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
Octodad: Dadliest Catch -- MB-710AE9865B6ACB46 - Taken by BlakeofT. 9 entrants total.
Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-EB0A91653CB32152
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-82908474D3BD3128 - Taken by bloke. 1 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete -- MB-85E9A40EBB9A77B8 - Taken by Nabae. 3 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition -- MB-C6F9777119F8AE61 - Taken by someguyinahat. 10 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-E0C64E4D2FCA3603 - Taken by Danielsan. 39 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-AC1FE464AC3C4E5D - Taken by Press Turn. 3 entrants total.
Super Meat Boy -- MB-991B231CECD83616 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks. 1 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP -- MB-BA99D9C23C7611C0 - Taken by Javier23. 2 entrants total.
System Shock Pack -- MB-418EE8A437F9ACFC - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 14 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-17C5B1D18B108210 - Taken by Belgarion. 9 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-54A379E06ABCB1DC - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 5 entrants total.
Thirty Flights of Loving -- MB-7BCE65A83740CE06 - Taken by Jalal. 12 entrants total.
Tower of Guns -- MB-5B03960474E39631 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 5 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-9A82847CF7F47395 - Taken by Smeagol. 1 entrants total.
World of Goo -- MB-11914A520C960A9E - Taken by 73V3N. 2 entrants total.

t1487865994z1.png

Starting Steamworld Heist while I'm still in the middle of X-Com 2 was a bad idea. At first I thought it would be more relaxed than X-Com 2 but then they had to introduce countdown timers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom