• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Little tempted to pick up Shovel Knight since it isn't likely to be cheaper any time soon, but it also seems like the type of game that will hit the Humble Monthly at some point.

Phawx

I hope to have some video of Odyssey up soon. The mouse movement is pretty bad and the locked FoV is kind of nauseating.

madjoki

Little tempted to pick up Shovel Knight since it isn't likely to be cheaper any time soon, but it also seems like the type of game that will hit the Humble Monthly at some point.

I assume they would cycle separate campaigns on bundles first tho, to get upgrade to full version.

MUnited83

For you.
There's a funny narrative in the Steam NieR thread. The american ESRB trailer was a mistake. They didn't meant to type PS4 03.07.17 and Steam 03.10.17 but PS4 03.07.17 and Europe 03.10.17. That's right, they thought to include the European date in the trailer which has ESRB logo and name in the file. :")
It was just like I said two days ago:
That happens to me all the time. Sometimes I'm just walking down the street and suddenly I just trip, fall on a laptop and accidentally edit steam logos and dates into videos all the time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no Berseria in the Namco weekend deals

also apparently Naruto 4 got a price drop to 29.99, as in a base price drop. All the naruto games are 29.99 now which is...weird. Why not drop the old ones also. Oh well.

It was just like I said two days ago:

Hahaha. I was thinking of that post indeed. :")
1083131.jpg

Vuze

Great script, man!

I do have a little tip for you that would make this even better though, if it's possible. As it is now, every game that you don't own has a hyperlink that automatically links to the PM screen to ModBot (like this). But I think it would be better if they'd link to their respective (Steam) store pages. Would that be relatively easy to add? That would make it even better.

Non-owned games are now hyperlinked like this:
Edit the script like this.

Add the following to the global variables
Code:
var storeUrl = "http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=";

Replace/comment out the following line:
Code:
"href='" + modBotUrl + "'>" + name + "</a>"

and put this instead:
Code:
"href='" + storeUrl + name + "'>" + name + "</a>"

This will take you to the search results for the name provided in the ModBot message like this. That's probably the most reliable approach given the nature of ModBot giveaways and how the script works in the first place.

iuOsoS8.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does the call of duty free weekend include single player? its the only thing I want to play of that.

huh weird that its seemingly hidden away that its 50% off and with a free weekend. This is for Infinite Warfare btw

kionedrik

This is something that's bothering me as well. The discount ends just before the monthly is revealed. On one hand I can get it on Steam and just refund it if it ends up in the bundle, on the other hand it seems to still be too "hot" to be bundled...

Does the call of duty free weekend include single player? its the only thing I want to play of that.

Im downloading it now so I'll report back if it does when it is done. Most likely not though :/

Edit: yep only multiplayer is available. No campaign and no zombies.

Rhaknar

Boruto might be the laziest name I have ever seen in a anime.

"Hi im Naruto, and this is my son, Boruto. This is my other son Maruto and our daughter, Naruta"

chronomac

I might finally pick up Tales of Symphonia now that it's $4.99 again. Just to confirm (and I know it's been asked before), the game runs pretty smoothly with "Fix" right? How well does it work with the Xbox One controller?

Parsnip

There's a funny narrative in the Steam NieR thread. The american ESRB trailer was a mistake. They didn't meant to type PS4 03.07.17 and Steam 03.10.17 but PS4 03.07.17 and Europe 03.10.17. That's right, they thought to include the European date in the trailer which has ESRB logo and name in the file. :")
&#55357;&#56501;&#55356;&#57257;
Earlier today I wrote couple different posts about how ridiculous some of the things people are bringing up there are, but then decided to unsub from that thread instead.

It's not worth my time. It's not worth anyones time.
I know the facts and they fit quite well with what I have suspected since the silence began (mindshare moneyhat instead of an actual delay and all that). We'll see soon enough anyway. I have better things to put my energy in than argue about dumb shit on a video game forum.

It's always the usual suspects too. I don't understand how you can deal with it. I'd go mad.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Got keys via email for Lit and HAUNTED: Halloween &#8216;85.

So the "NES Horror Classic" was a NES homebrew game that released in 2015? Ok.

Rhaknar

Let me guess, all the folks that have still to this day not received emails via gamepump due to using paypal right at the start of the orders, will not receive anything

I just got my keys so no

Tizoc

Boruto might be the laziest name I have ever seen in a anime.

"Hi im Naruto, and this is my son, Boruto. This is my other son Maruto and our daughter, Naruta"
Boruto is from the word bolt iirc
Also his daughter's name is himawari

Don't forget my script for making ModBot giveaways even better ;)

https://github.com/petetnt/neogaf-monkeybot
By far the best script for SteamGAF! Thank you !

Great script, man!

I do have a little tip for you that would make this even better though, if it's possible. As it is now, every game that you don't own has a hyperlink that automatically links to the PM screen to ModBot (like this). But I think it would be better if they'd link to their respective (Steam) store pages. Would that be relatively easy to add? That would make it even better.

Why not both?

Make the name of the game link to the respective (Steam) store page, and the ModBot code (MB-4E123456ABCDE5D) link to the ModBot PM screen. That would be great !

Like this: Bad Rats -- MB-914B218EEBDB7FAA - Taken by White Wolf
Or a direct search like so: Bad Rats -- MB-914B218EEBDB7FAA - Taken by White Wolf

Parsnip

I just got lit and that other game.

So the "NES Horror Classic" was a NES homebrew game that released in 2015? Ok.

Yeeeah...
Gamepump was a disappointment all around.

I guess good luck to them on whatever they plan to do next though.
But I'm certainly more suspicious of Bowling next promise.

Eila

Waaait a second, wasn't Halloween already on the store? Oh well, it was always a bonus game. And he did refund us.

Does Rainbow Six Siege require the season pass/dlcs? The base game it's currently on sale on amazon for 14$ but it's uplay only, my only doubt is that since steam has more sales it would be better to buy additional stuff

Durante

As someone who dropped out of watching Naruto around episode 100 of Shippuden or so, the recent posts are blowing my mind.
On the one hand I want to ask who he has children with (though I can only really think of 2 viable options), on the other hand, do I really want to know?

dex3108

I just bought 8 more GB of RAM. I bought a bit different KIT (2x4GB) than i already had but everything works fine. Latency, frequency and capacity are all as they should be. Let's see how my PC will behave now with 16GB of RAM.

Deques

As someone who dropped out of watching Naruto around episode 100 of Shippuden or so, the recent posts are blowing my mind.
On the one hand I want to ask who he has children with (though I can only really think of 2 viable options), on the other hand, do I really want to know?

Read this if you really want to know
With Hinata, he also has a daughter who looks like Hinata

Tonton

Your guess was likely right, it was with Sasuke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom